Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 447598 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2820 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:24 AM »

Hi Tsk !  Snoopy as 'Joe Cool'  leprechaun   ;)
Sending good vibes your way for today.  As Lisa said, you get all your questions/concerns addressed
It's so windy here this AM.  >:(

Lisa I know no meringue !
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2821 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:50 AM »

There was just so much info to share that I thought I'd just quote ...

NEWMAN APPLESEED
We aim to please - everybirdy!
March 16, 2023
Fertilizing a plethera of females!  ;D

bcaw images and videos
https://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewforum.php?f=494

Savanna 40/Z
https://youtu.be/UeFHPPnimnw

New female E/24 Meika
2021 Ford Parkway Bidge Minneapolis, Minnesota
https://youtu.be/rYeffR-GWPU

Shep, I thought I was imagining a different female at the GSB nest box with Newman earlier today.  Your post proved me correct!

Newman could have a whole box full of eggs if all these females lay here -- not gonna happen, but a fun picture to think about.

Unlikely - but
Savannah may lay eggs inside box
and new girl in RLD under the box

Where's Zooey?
I thought she had arrived.

Seems soapy to me.  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2822 on: March 17, 2023, 07:48:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, yes, the Munchkins are growing fast! Talon is giving Bella lots of advice about school, it's so cute to listen. He told her to hold the lunch tray with both hands when she walks to the table, otherwise it will spill and she will have to get back in line again. I asked him 'what about the mess on the floor?'. He said 'well, someone would come to clean it up.' I bet you are already working on the corned beef and cabbage...

E4E, glad to hear that your Mom and Sis visited and that Star is good! Did you bring any of that wonderful coffee back?

Phyl, #7 still okay, I think it's pretty safe now don't you? As far as the shell being so fragile anyway...  Daylight at the Flyway! Fun Irish facts, Ed had auburn hair before it turned gray, he is Catholic and he likes cats the most! Cozy Dogs originated in Springfield, IL. They keep reviving the original building, which is on old Route 66. They say 'just don't call it a corn dog!' Lived there 18 years and stopped once, it was much like a corn dog...  ;D

https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2017/03/cozy-dog-drive-in-2935-south-6th-street.html

tsk, I hope you get your keys today, I would also be itching to shop!

Lisa, it's that kind of morning, every time I preview my post someone else posts and I revise again! Top o' the Morning to you!

Raptor Resource Project
The Decorah North Eagles have been dealing with a lot of intruders this year. DNF has been guarding her mate, egg, and nest, while Mr. North has been caring for the couple's lone egg. We've watched him incubate day and night through rain, sleet, snow, and cold weather, taking short breaks only to feed himself or respond to his mate's alarm calls. We've seen him carefully roll the lone egg and shimmy it deep beneath his warm feathers. If one eagle could incubate an egg and raise an eaglet to fledge, Mr. North would have done it. But it just wasn't possible.
Mr. North abandoned the north nest earlier this evening and the egg is now buried in snow. We admire his dedication and skill, and hope that he and DNF are able to reclutch this year. Stretch your wings, Mr. North. You've earned it.

Do You Remember? - Stones, left to right- Charlie, Keith, Bill, Mick and Brian.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 08:18:07 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2823 on: March 17, 2023, 08:04:38 AM »

Clynn Yes. I think #7 shell is solid.  The Rolling Stones, how young---Mick Jagger.
Cozy Dogs= corn dogs, I got it.
One family vacation we took Route 66 ">>>all the way ..." first time I saw Chicago. Second was when we took Mike to Urbana Vet College
for his cancer saurgry  ;)
Ditto---Here's to Tsk getting her keys today.     
DNN lots going on there.   So sad that this y ear's nest didn't work out. I truly hope they have another go this season.  Mr. North and DNF  :-* :-*

Well, gotta get busy!

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2824 on: March 17, 2023, 08:39:39 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

LisaG - Glad your Mama is doing fine  :)

Lani - Yumm!  You guys will have some good eats today and happy that Shannon will be there - enjoy!  :)

Phyl - Great cam pics!  Like the 'Irish fun facts' interesting stuff! ;D

Tsk - Cute St. Pat's day gif!  Thinking of you today and wishing the best at your appt.

Clynn - So cute how big brother Talon is giving his sis some helpful advice  ;D    Love the pic of the Cozy Dog drive in!  Such sad news at DNN - thanks for posting the status.   Like the Rolling Stones early photo!

Hi Tig, Kb, Puff, Oldguy, BL, Baz, Lori, T40  :)

Everyone have a nice day!

kbshcb

« Reply #2825 on: March 17, 2023, 08:59:55 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/227557260721558/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3075499992593923

Video from DNR nest of last night's ferocious winds...literally blew Mom (Nancy) over completely...did a somersault..
she recovered and faced into the wind..
Above video won't let me copy and paste directly.

Eagles4 - not a happy camper....it's below 10 degrees with wind...We have run below average temps all year now...oh yeah 2 days going forward of 10 days will be average next week....so they say, we shall see.
Haven't walked Ollie since the last time I posted about being unable to put his coat on him...Won't even reach 30 degrees for a few days yet, so I don't anticipate walking him anytime soon.
All exit door outdoor surfaces iced over here this morning for me...had a hard time even opening a screen door.

Happy Irish Day for those of you who celebrate.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2826 on: March 17, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »

Enjoy apple cinnamon coffee cake and a St Patricks Latte
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #2827 on: March 17, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »

Phyl - Newman has a harem!   ;D

clynn - Mmmm, those Cozy Dogs look good.  I had corn dogs for lunch yesterday.  Every now and then, I get a hankering for something different.  Mr N is back on the egg this morning.   :(

E4E:D

kb - Oh no, poor Nancy.  The wind got under HM's wings yesterday, and she almost blew over, too.

Lori - Thanks for the morning goodies.  I hope you are feeling better!!!!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2828 on: March 17, 2023, 12:22:57 PM »

Happy St. Patrick's Day and TGIF Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Baz, I wonder what craziness will happen on the basketball courts today! Tradition!!  ;D

{{{Lori}}} I hope you and your dad are feeling better. I would love the St Pat's Latte!  ;D

{{{Kb}}} Today is a perfect day to order food to be delivered! Treat yourself and Chris, and maybe get a new toy for Ollie man! You guys need a pick-me-up!  :-* You don't need to be Irish to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I'm not (though I may somewhere along the line  ??? ). I don't know why, but I thought of this when reading your post...  It's all about Tradition, balancing what each seasons's provide! Balancing the good, through the bad or sad times!!! And you don't have to be Jewish to celebrate Traditions!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw.

Eagles, Looking forward to hugging Shannon and going over the tests with her. She sent us a link last night, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I told her to call her doctor and make sure they've contacted a Neurologist. Weekends are the worse time to wait for answers to questions. She's had two sleepless nights as it is. sending prayers for your mom and I hope Star is better.  :)

Clynn, Big bro Talon is very sweet to prepare his little sis for the big school world. I bet the first time she holds her lunch tray, she'll be holding her breath. Maybe you could practice this when she's with you? What do you think? I'm going to start the corn beef this noon. Interesting about Cozy Dogs. I don't know why, but I don't like them. I tried my first one when Mike took me to the Kansas State fair in early 70's. Maybe its a child acquired taste, though my girls don't like them either. LOL! Mike thinks it's sacrilege not to have a regular hot dog/bun. The first thing he buys when we would go to ball games, are two hot dogs, popcorn & coke! ....  He's looking forward to his Cozys. Anxious to giving Shannon a hug, and make sure I don't cry.  :) ... sad about the struggles for Mr North and nest.

{{{Hugs Tsk}}} I hope all goes well with you appointment to your satisfaction. And I pray the pain has been controllable for you.  :-*

Phyl, interesting Irish facts... thanks for Sauces update and flyaway pic.... GSB, new adventures for Newman.. nothing's ever easy or the same at some of our favorite nests. Such is life.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:26:12 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2829 on: March 17, 2023, 01:38:25 PM »

PHYL    Newman isn't counting on all the eggs going into one basket.  He's spreading the wealth.. ;)

CLYNN   Awww  I love Talon's big brother advise to Bella  :)   Too bad about the North nest.  Sure do wonder what prompts the behaviors.  ???

KB   Yikes  poor Nancy - she needs to turn around which I see by reading , she did. .Don't think I've ever seen that before.

LORI  Wonderful Irish presentation this AM  :)

LANI   Tim is a purist as well when it comes to hot dogs.  ;D   I think having your family together and supporting each other is a good idea esp getting the doc to interpret the lingo and have next appt set up in a reasonable time.  Yes whatever you do - don't ask questions on a Friday/weekend.  It's bad enough with our furry friends.

I passed my 2 week check-up.  All hardware remains in the place he put it  LOL  Next visit 4 weeks.   My abdominal corset/brace I can wear at my own discretion.  Progress my activities as I tolerate.  I have no drugs left from hospitalization and will not renew any.  We didn't discuss driving but my printed info that I got ahead of time said 2 weeks .  We didn't get a close parking space so had a longer walk to office and then the walk back. - that was more walking than I have done in a while.  I have yet to feel I can stand tall and "walk normally" and not like I'm 100 yrs old  LOL  Red Lobster today for late lunch  ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2830 on: March 17, 2023, 02:04:42 PM »

bounce
Yay TSK... hugs n prayers still
(Lori)
(All)

I texted my Bro we were going to a local watering hole that has live Irish music for an early small supper, Bro n S.I.L. will join as a bday treat for me.
TTFN and Erin go bragh!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #2831 on: March 17, 2023, 05:56:13 PM »

Lani - ((HUGS)) for Shannon, and all of you.  I agree, weekends are the worse to wait and hear something from a doctor.

tsk - Glad to hear that you got a good report from doc.  You mentioned your feet swelling, what did he think about that? Red Lobster for late lunch sounds yummy!

tig - Enjoy your night out!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2832 on: March 17, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »

TIG  Have a fun Irish evening!

LISA   That swelling happened the first week.  This second week it is markedly less.  He asked if I wanted an US to rule out a clot I said no.

Taking my corned beef out of the crock and will save the juice to cook the potatoes and cabbage and carrots in tomorrow.  Having Tim's Uncle for dinner at 3.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2833 on: March 17, 2023, 06:42:19 PM »

thanx, but, we were home already by 5:15. Tooooo many peoples. Music and food were good tho'
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #2834 on: March 17, 2023, 07:23:01 PM »

Hi Eagles cute Garfield for St. Paddy's

Kb I clicked on the link just opens their FB page and no sign of video. Just shows the rules for their FB page. Then it states that
ths is a 'private group'. As I'm not a member of fan of Face Book, guess I'll 'have to ' pass. Too bad I was really looking forward to viewing.  :(
Your weather's a bummer!

Lori nice St. Paddy's Day greeting. I have that same kitty on Pinterest. The treats look so tempting. I'll take that SB green latte.
Guessing you're feeling bettter. Hope you dad and Destini are well.

Lisa  'Newman has a Harem' LOL  Gonna be a lot of little Newmans.

{{Lani}} I know waiting to hear from a doc or test results is downright unbearable.  And a good  hug  from her parents will be just what Shannon needs right now.  Some how just having loved ones near helps.   Esp Mom and Dad.    Prayers continue.

Tsk indeed that Newman believes in the  ' no one basket rule'.  Glad you got a good report and are improving.  Gonna take time --little by little your posture should return.  Red Lobstera = good lunch.   Did you mean 'VS' for vascular surgeon?

Tig an early night-glad he music and food were yummie

Adding two extra payer candles on our alter tonight.

#IstandwithEvan