Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 230338 times)

Emyrauld

Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »

They just keep addding and adding to that nest.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »

This pair continue to bring in sticks, work on the bowl and the males brings some food item to the female daily.  A couple of times he has been slow to turn it over, choosing to have a brief discussion first.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »

Yesterday and today there have been fewer visits to the nest and shorter in duration, but he still brings her a fish daily and they still play with the nest bowl daily, albeit half heartedly. 

Emyrauld

« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2014, 08:40:51 AM »

Still working on the house.  Building the deepest softest nest bowl in the biggest nest in the neighborhood.

Emyrauld

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:21 PM »

I read on Channel Islands site that breeding season goes from January to July.  Hancock  forum indicated a new breeding cycle would begin  30 days after last egg.  In the remote possibility of a third attempt at a clutch, the action should be starting now.  For nest it isn't, but Dad is still bringing in grass and sticks, and Mom isn't looking so good today.  Hope it's mud and not battle wound.

15/04/14
16:01:08 A40 comes in with more grass.  Nest activity downgraded from construction to routine maintenance.  Leaves after a few minutes.

16:22:22 A48 arrives with messy head.  Hopefully muck and not injury.  Will watch this to see.  Vid ran out before she left the nest so length of stay uncertain.  Alarm calling at end of vid.

Emyrauld

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:29 AM »

Still there this morning

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2014, 12:18:39 PM »

I had no idea Emy! Thanks for the info & pics!!!!
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »

A48 is still a mess tonight.  Other eye a bit messy too.

MpMom

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »

I sure hope mama is alright ;)

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

I keep checking in and checking videos.  They are spending less and less time at the nest so she is harder to catch.  Maybe she is just eating something very messy.  So far no noticeable behaviour changes when at the nest.

MpMom

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2014, 09:01:49 PM »

40 is just leaving Emy ;)

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »

Could not see her yesterday, but in early this am with A40 to chew on the nest bowl.  Hard to see in such poor light, but A48 still has that mess on her head and around her eye. 

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:10:25 PM by Emyrauld »

Emyrauld

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2014, 10:19:48 PM »

A40 still bringing A48 a fish each day, but less and less interested in the nest.  Nothing wrong with 48's appetite, and I think the mess on her head is improving, at least a bit.

Emyrauld

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »

Yesterday A48 was very vocal.  She called and called in view and out of view for nearly two hours  When A20 came in around 10:00 am she was getting hoarse.  If this was about bringing her a fish, he didn't pass the muster.  This time he came in empty taloned.  Tell me if these are usual Eagle sounds:

http://youtu.be/zZIHKMdyKBc

gmabird11

« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »

I have not watched this nest much but I thought someone said that she had stepped on both of the eggs she laid? Anyway the vocals sound like she is being passive to the male in an attempt to mate again? Maybe? I am not an expert but have heard these types of calls before from other nest sites. When were the last eggs laid? Do the experts think they will lay more or is it too late this year? too bad if it is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 156   Go Up