Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse  (Read 151935 times)

NWargo01

Re: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse
« Reply #810 on: September 13, 2019, 09:27:10 AM »

Thanks Lisa and Peep!  I kind of thought it might be, but wasn't positive.
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #811 on: September 13, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »

Great pics KRD and T40

Grabbed this s-cap this morning, and I'm pretty sure the ducks are mallards, but have no idea what the small bird is that's fishing near them.  Anyone know?

NW -- I think it's a Greater Yellowlegs. Here's a fairly recent pic that RRP posted on their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/RaptorResourceProject/photos/a.1869758179727459/2397649000271705/?type=3&theater

NWargo01

« Reply #812 on: September 13, 2019, 10:51:21 AM »

Great pics KRD and T40

Grabbed this s-cap this morning, and I'm pretty sure the ducks are mallards, but have no idea what the small bird is that's fishing near them.  Anyone know?

NW -- I think it's a Greater Yellowlegs. Here's a fairly recent pic that RRP posted on their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/RaptorResourceProject/photos/a.1869758179727459/2397649000271705/?type=3&theater

I agree, and thank you for that info Ginger!  I used the comparisons to determine if it was a greater or lesser yellow legs and from what I could tell, it matched the greater description better.
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #813 on: September 13, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »

Loving this cam!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

photo via explore

One more

Reposting this I have a video now  8)
Teenagers chillin' on the Mississippi River Flyway
https://youtu.be/5gq5awnDZnM via arlene beech
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

NWargo01

« Reply #814 on: September 13, 2019, 12:18:34 PM »

Loving this cam!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

Reposting this I have a video now  8)
Teenagers chillin' on the Mississippi River Flyway
https://youtu.be/5gq5awnDZnM via arlene beech

Love those gifs, Lori!  Is it wrong to say that eagles are 'cute' when they run/walk?  :)

NWargo01

« Reply #815 on: September 13, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »

A little late Friday humor (VERY little!).  ;D

Have a good weekend everybirdy!

[attachment deleted by admin]

LisaG1967

« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »

A little late Friday humor (VERY little!).  ;D

Have a good weekend everybirdy!

NW, great pics!

FinnBMD

« Reply #817 on: September 13, 2019, 07:38:08 PM »

Harvest Moon Tonight! Hope the sky is clear enough for us to see it.

clarindagirl

« Reply #818 on: September 14, 2019, 09:50:18 AM »

Thank you RRP and your excellent Cam Operators.  This morning has been a visual delight.  A young eagle in the morning sunshine with gentle breeze blowing.  Incredible.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:58:56 AM by clarindagirl »

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »

Amazing how much Lake Onalaska changes after a heavy rain event.  Takes a while to get your bearings when the waterscape changes so much!  Still love it though....even if I can't ID 90% of the birds there.  :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #820 on: September 15, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »

My fav Flyway pic from July 4th, 1ish... happy dogs and eagles!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

NWargo01

« Reply #821 on: September 16, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »

Can you spot the eagles in this sea of white birds?  LOL

NWargo01

« Reply #822 on: September 16, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »

Amazing how much Lake Onalaska changes after a heavy rain event.  Takes a while to get your bearings when the waterscape changes so much!  Still love it though....even if I can't ID 90% of the birds there.  :)

I just noticed what you mean eburg!  Downed trees that were on dry land are now in water or surrounded by water.  Wish some of their rain would come my way!  That garden hose is getting awfully heavy.   :)

NWargo01

« Reply #823 on: September 17, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »

Some Tuesday pics I sent to a friend of my Iowa cousin who lives in a retirement village.  She's followed the Decorah eagles for a while, and I'm introducing her to the Flyway cam now.  These cams mean so much to people whose daily life is restricted by health issues.  God bless RRP and all the wonderful folks that volunteer their time and energy to make this possible!

LisaG1967

« Reply #824 on: September 17, 2019, 01:11:38 PM »

Some Tuesday pics I sent to a friend of my Iowa cousin who lives in a retirement village.  She's followed the Decorah eagles for a while, and I'm introducing her to the Flyway cam now.  These cams mean so much to people whose daily life is restricted by health issues.  God bless RRP and all the wonderful folks that volunteer their time and energy to make this possible!

Great pics, NW