Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602624 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25905 on: December 01, 2022, 05:34:57 AM »

Good morning Cal,  Surprised I am up and at em.
Did go out and shop a little yesterday.  Did not realize I needed so much stuff. LOL    Meijer's, Drugmart ( a new one in Amherst) and Long John Silvers too.  That was a rare experience for me.  I usually avoid them, but I had a friend along who likes them.  I won't go back.  Just does not suit my taste.  Way too crunchy and oily.  The coleslaw was the best part of the meal.
Was really bitter out.  The wind was relentless and cold.  Driving was OK.  Being in the car was comfy.  Had to turn the heat down a little even.
Got to go to skin doctor today for annual checkup.  It is a new one.  My old one retired.  Hw was an excellent doctor.  I hope she is good .  I like her sign in message.  She asked a lot of relevant questions for a new patient situation.  I don't have any problems where the sun don't shine.  So we should get along fine for a first visit.  There are skin items on my head, back, legs, and feet.  None are dangerous just annoying.
Bye for now.  Hope you are well ev1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25906 on: December 01, 2022, 05:42:12 AM »

hi you guys its 17 here 43 rain and windy in iceland 31 and cloudy in kyiv and 51 in the barn

hi neva! your spot sounds pretty nice. i think that too since harps employee owned they take time to know people and so very nice kelly who works there told me one day a woman ordered her own birthday cake no one got her one or something and they harps bought it for her.  yes not dealing with corporate would be a plus to me.

hi joho! hope you got your stuff yesterday i heard monday ice snow here but today up to almost 50 maybe 60 friday then cold this weekend. 

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/42055D547526?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25907 on: December 01, 2022, 05:44:14 AM »

hi joho wow you are up early! good luck with new doctor and yesterday was it yesterday you did so good on the puzzle!   :)
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25908 on: December 01, 2022, 06:35:20 AM »

I don't recall the day  Cal.
 I did want to brag a little about my visit to Drugmart.  As I was going up and down the crowded isles I encountered a woman with her black cloth mask on at several turns.  I sensed an annoyance on her part for moving over etc. She was kind of what I call Uppity.  A little later I was right behind her at checkout.
 I moved up a little closer than usual and she turned to confront me and said I should back up and give her space.  I pulled a Joanie on her.  Instead of backing up, I pushed a little more forward and stuck my credit card into the slot to pay her bill. She was shocked that her rudeness was rewarded so.  Joan would have been proud of me to keep smiling and paying her bill in spite of her. It was $46.
 She just left the store and never looked back.  I think she was embarrassed instead of grateful.  The young clerk was very respectful towards me. He will tell the other clerks I am sure, and maybe his children when they come along.  You never know who all will benefit from a random act of kindness.  Do you?
HAGD EV 1

johoward

« Reply #25909 on: December 01, 2022, 07:16:31 AM »

Cal and Neva you really have to se the spectacular sunrise on GSB Cam

calihoula

« Reply #25910 on: December 01, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »

hi joho i have to find that cam where is it and lol you paying uppities bill. i would of liked to have seen that! lol shoot maybe she was embrassed full fledge rudeness she probably would of told you i dont need you to pay for me maybe next time she shops there and see you she will thank you or beat it fast.  reminds me of this old rude man at mcdonalds that cut right in front of me at drive thru i yelled out you cut in front of me truck behind me man yelled you cut in front of her! so i ordered my biscuit diet dr pepper got to cashier he said that man paid for your food! it was two dollars i said he did that cause he cut in front of me. rude of him i will not tolerate rudeness.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25911 on: December 01, 2022, 05:55:40 PM »

Cal Google Great Spirit Bluff Falcon Cam.  They have an operator who pans the area each morning.  He did buy your snack.  That is his apology.  How did he know the amount?
 I won't see the lady again.  I don't go to this store.  That is OK.
 I believe my Joan was guiding me anyway, and she knows.  I have seen her do this to "uppity" people in Cracker Barrel lots of times.  I learned from her.  She was Polish, and I am Scotch.  So I needed some teaching from her to not always be cheap.  It worked.

GBU and Neva and Ukraine too.

calhound

« Reply #25912 on: December 02, 2022, 05:23:08 AM »

hi you guys its 43 here clear 43 in iceland too but raining and 31 and cloudy kviv 51 in the barn and that furnace out there is now really loud so need to tell jim its working but really loud now.

hi joho yes old mans sorry i said it was two dollars to you hope that man does not do that again to anyone. there are way more nice people around there than not.  i got that falcon up now on my tool bar city lights are beautiful i will check it when i can put it on my ipad i use it more only this desktop early like this. dogs are hungry barn kids done for now but when that furnace kicked on they got back and could not even hear the radio at all. only maybe raccoonie and birds not afraid it sound like getting ready to take off but heat is coming out and it shut off like it should.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/39055D550CA9?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #25913 on: December 02, 2022, 07:06:17 AM »

joho big wow sunrise falcon cam! barn time but wow
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25914 on: December 02, 2022, 07:30:37 AM »

6:48 Turtle  Nice here, but no mail yesterday or yet today.  Makes me a little mad not to get mail is bad enough, but I am Jonesing over not getting my newspaper.  I am addicted to morning paper with morning coffee.  Have been for years, many years.  Now the paper uses the mail for all but Sunday and mail here is just not reliable for delivery times.  It has been irregular for two years.  Now it did not come at all.
 So here I am on the web with you.  Well that's not all bad I guess.  You are welcome.  I was watching the GSB sunrise with you.  Looks like a nice day on the MS.  Thanks, whoever does that cam.  You are appreciated.  We also like to see the many different views you send us.
 of the locks in action, the wildlife, the boats plying the waters, and of course especially the life of the falcon family.  Thanks! 
Now I am going to make a second cup of coffee.  I usually just have one, but without the paper I feel I need another.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25915 on: December 02, 2022, 11:09:49 AM »

hi joho saw lots of geese at cam dont even get me started on the mail. my mom read paper every day she always went to paper machine deal put in money open door get her paper on sunday she bought two coupons back then. she did crossword and stuff too getting ready to let indy out very windy here burn ban on so if firebug behind us starts a fire jim will call fire dept.

neva

« Reply #25916 on: December 02, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »

Green Turtle ... 32:21     65°  (6:07 pm)    It was sunny and clear today, no breeze that I could notice.  It was a good day.

Hello everyone.  I'm late. 

My dad read the paper and wall street journal every day.  I read the paper, but not the Journal.  I decided to subscribe when I had young children.  I cancelled it after I read several stories about people that had killed their own kids.  It was just too much for me at the time. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25917 on: December 03, 2022, 05:11:25 AM »

Tasha Plus Action Out the Window - UPDATE December 2, 2022

Red-bellied Woodpecker
"Taught" caught the bear action today in this 3-minute video of Kentucky native Tasha coming out of her den for a stretch or two. She tried tipping her tub but it was tightly frozen to the ground. Then she tried a little yoga, sitting down and rocking in the snow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHVOu8AhZg

Deer eating grass
Deer eating grass
Out the window at the WRI, deer are using their noses to push the new soft snow aside so they can eat grass. A red squirrel is scampering up and down a balsam fir tree nipping off branch tips as we’ve seen before. Coming down, it goes head-first, which bears can’t do because their back legs won’t bend like a squirrel’s. The red-bellied woodpecker got in a position in good light for me to finally see the hint of red that gives them their name.

Red squirrel
Red squirrel
It is exciting to see the fisher coming from time to time, but mostly at night when he is seen mostly on the camera. The fox that had been coming regularly finally made an appearance after a couple weeks’ absence. Where people have seen him, I heard that he has been holding his right front leg up when he walks, but the video here now showed him only limping—improving. A new fox also is coming a bit but is just learning to go up on the second floor deck where I’m most likely to see it.

I’m thankful for the action through the day.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25918 on: December 03, 2022, 05:25:44 AM »

hi you guys its 18 real feel 11 37 and partly cloudy in iceland 31 and cloudy in kyiv 51 in the barn. update lots of good pictures and tasha she is something else so darn cute. jim took off the front panel on the barn furnace and that big blower motor was filthy tons of dust and dirt which i was not surprise it is a barn but that furnace the front panel had lots of empty places not sealed up at all everytime i went out i have a brush and would sweep that furnace filter it lays up against a big square hole so anyway jim took it to the car wash cleaned it all out and put it back in and duct taped that front panel after he put the metal plate back on. started it up and quiet as can be. never heard it that quiet in all the years. this morning i went out and it was running but it was 51 in there and did shut off for a bit that furnace filter was hardly dirty i could not believe it cause before just covered in dust sweep it and dust everywhere. so it got sealed up a whole better. my fingers hurt with arthritis i can hardly type here shoot.

hi neva! i saw it was nice weather for you the news is pretty sad most of the time hurting kids animals 

GB Ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/65055D5BEB36?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25919 on: December 03, 2022, 09:44:20 AM »

5:58  Odd day here today.  Rain at 8 am and high winds at 10 am ,but rain going away.  Temps dropping through day unlike usual.  Weather channel has been broke for almost two days.  I really miss it.  I don't like Spectrum's service.  Their commercials are BS. Fine print proves them a lie, and they are on every channel all day.
Been watching Tasha.  What a nice cute bear.  Her southern genes are acting up.  Good she has a nice fur coat.
I missed the GSB sunrise.  Cam is now tracking eagles swooping around.  Snowman cam has turkeys, and lots of snow.
GTG CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine
PS Turns out the paper did not get their postal labels.  So they did not take papers to post office. Never mind. LOL