Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601855 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25875 on: November 26, 2022, 05:17:14 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here 37 and sunny in iceland and 51 in the barn.

i got to work on my books for a minute here

GB Ukraine GB all animals and GB all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/55055D555148?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25876 on: November 26, 2022, 10:08:44 AM »

Hi  I did the puzzle and wrote a reply, but don't see it now.  Not much to say except it is nice here.
 Also I just saw that both Holly and Tasha are active today.  Tasha is out getting grass, and Holy is looking out of the Rock Den. FYI  Feels good to see them.
Bye for now. GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #25877 on: November 26, 2022, 10:10:14 AM »

Oh Darn.
 Both out of sight now. Sorry.

neva

« Reply #25878 on: November 26, 2022, 02:05:18 PM »

Yes, yesterday I posted and it was gone, never showed up.  😒
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #25879 on: November 26, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »

Lone Palm ...  23:20     64°  (1:41 pm)    Clear skies, sunny and breezy.  It looks like a good day out there.

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going well.  Mine's okay - no complaints.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25880 on: November 26, 2022, 05:20:11 PM »

hi joho neva you guys both posted and it is gone! oh neva yours was yesterday joho today. how weird and bummer ive lost mine but probably my fault joho where is tasha denning did holly who stole tashas still in tashas? im so busy cant check cams alot how is lucky? do you think they know about ted its cold and snowy in kyiv they got 75% power back up again. wish putin would den up with tasha neva i saw on weather channel 43 for you i got the chills going to make some vegan soup cheese sandwich two sandwiches one for dogs oh joho remember i told you walmart raised my campbell vegan soup once it was 1.24 up to 1.79 i told jim not buying it any more let it set on shelf that will make price come down well other day it was 1.54 at walmart jim bought me some at price choppers it was 1.89
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25881 on: November 26, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »

Tasha got stuck with bunker den next to Lucky.  Holly, the evictor, is staying in rock den for now.  Licking a little snow, but did not come out.  Good old Tasha came out and ate some grass through the fence next to Lucky.
Very nice day today.  Took a little ride to look at lights.  Saw a lot of very nice displays. The best was in the long park drive back to the horse arena in our county park.  It is about a half mile and has displays set up all the way on both side of the drive.  There is no charge or only a donation of food, and ask your lights be off to enhance the effect.  Very nice, and pretty efficient.  Lots of cars went through with us in about 10 minutes. Also went to Bob Evans again.  It was good.  I was happy to see the whole menu is back.  They make a good pecan/chicken salad I like.  I got one special made for me by the waitress without the chicken and in  a smaller bowl.  I also got a turkey dinner, but it was not at all like Gramma's turkey dinner. Sob  Maybe I will get Debbie to cook up a turkey for Christmas or my birthday. I will have two candles on the cake for me and who?  Mine will be for the 83 time.  Not sure about the other.  I have heard some numbers, but they say a lady never tells.
Well I am feeling a little spirit. FYI and hope all of you enjoy this holiday season.  I will.
GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25882 on: November 27, 2022, 05:16:00 AM »

Beavers, Wildlife, and Telepathy? - UPDATE November 26, 2022

Deer eating
This morning, with the temperature a little below freezing, there was a new patch of black on the far shore. The front side of the beaver lodge above where the underwater entrance comes in, was black. Deer looking up
Deer looking up
The snow had melted, making me think there was enough heat coming from the patch of open water, plus body heat, to melt it. We’ll see what happens over the next few days of colder weather.

On Thanksgiving, after Donna and I went to the Grand Ely Lodge buffet, a blue jay looked at us through the window at the WRI—I think sending a telepathic message that it deserved a buffet, too. So I made a peanut buffet, which I think is what it and its flock wanted. It just seemed like the right thing to do in the spirit of Thanksgiving.

Today, a deer gave me the same kind of look saying the same thing as I came out onto the second floor deck, so I made the same buffet for her even though Thanksgiving is past. Usually it is four or five deer standing like that looking up at me with the same message. The rest came soon after they heard the peanuts being tossed over the railing.

Blue Jay Buffet
Blue Jay Buffet
Beaver lodge
Beaver lodge
Blue Jay
Blue Jay
Then I saw the overnight camera report with a bit of excitement. It included the first mink in a very long time, and a fox. I suspect it is a new fox because it did not come up where the usual fox typically eats on the second floor deck by my window. The food on the second floor deck is still there, and the usual fox is back to its cooked chicken that is hard to beat at a home a half mile away. Glad he is safe.

Two more participants signed up for Black Bear Field Study Courses today, making 39 with 25 to go for a full 64.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25883 on: November 27, 2022, 05:43:09 AM »

hi you guys its raining and 44 here i saw awhile ago on the weather channel it was 39 for neva and 44 for me  :) its sunny and 37 in iceland and its 32 and snowing in kyiv ukraine 51 and clear in the barn. love the update mink was spotted and i hope that new fox does not mess with it happy to hear dr rogers fox is okay other people taking care of it. lots of nice caring people. happy to see dr rogers deer are safe i heard like a boom jim said later it is now black powder season on the deer poor deer how many ways they come up with killing them and lots are being killed and just left mo conservation out with tips picking up these people. big huge fines with not bring them back but paying out their pockets hurt them. lots of uncaring people.

hi joho thank you so much for info on lucky and evictor and tasha tasha is lucky to be next to the luck. lucky is lucky to by her and not evictor remember how holly was inside the bunker with lucky and bossed him around and around that poor boy hay is it time to get up and out. your christmas lights sound so nice joho horse arena sounds nice too. jim likes bob evans too. that will be nice if your debbie makes you a turkey dinner and a cake for you and me for our same birthday  :) i will wish for peace for ukraine or putin finally goes. same thing really. i will be 68 i had let indy out yesterday thinking jim was in his shop working on his truck but he went to shanes work on his truck and shanes furnace indy been out for over 3 hours hearing gunfire i took my walker and grain and went out in the pasture he was all the way back at first sanders has a bull and such a cute guy he is white face and red his hair is curly he likes indy comes up by the fence not real close sanders has an electric fence on his side we have horse fence on ours. meanwhile in another town jim told shane i got to go she will go out in the pasture with her walker get him in i will be back and he got home yelling for me and i was way up in the pasture indy did come down alot jim walked up but indy ran not far jim went to get the gator we always get him with it he comes to me i give him grain jim walks him back to the barn so as soon as jim pulled up in the gator and i got in indy ran fast to me. jim got him and put him up today is a rain day he stays in the barn. jim going to see his dad and i am getting ready to cook a cherry pie for pops jim will take with him my knee  hurts really bad i cannot ride my scooter now cant bend it hardly at all lots of pain so i am not sure what to do. hoping it goes away and my foot on the same side lots of trouble with it. wish i never would of had that foot surgery. hoping it too goes away. did your knee do that before you got it fixed?

GB ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/63055D54C364?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #25884 on: November 27, 2022, 06:42:59 AM »

i finished feeding cats thinking what is today its a big day

Happy Birthday Neva! my dear friend for so long! i hope you have a happy day! xoxo
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #25885 on: November 27, 2022, 09:56:01 AM »

hi paulie  :) happy thanksgiving to you and cheers!
Hi Cal. Joho, Alice and Paulie ... and anyone else stopping by here. 
Hi Cal, Thank you.

Neva, Hi back to you.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #25886 on: November 27, 2022, 10:02:30 AM »

Hi Paulie,
 Thanks for checking in and letting us know a little about you.  I see from Google that you are or were a Minnesotan.  Were you able to see Ted and Honey?
  I for one still miss Cheers.  It was very wholesome entertainment.  Your picking on the mailman was classic.
Hi Johoward, You're welcome. Google has me wrong. I've never been to Minnesota but I sure would have enjoyed seeing Ted and Honey!
I agree to Cheers. It was definitely an entertaining show. I don't recall the picking on the mailman. Darn it! I'm sure it was classic.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #25887 on: November 27, 2022, 10:05:50 AM »

I'm not on the Forum here everyday but glad I stopped in today because I see today is Neva's birtherday.

Happy Birthday Neva. I hope you have a very pleasant one.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #25888 on: November 27, 2022, 08:52:03 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

johoward

« Reply #25889 on: November 27, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

4:56 Yes Cal , my knee kept me from doing anything.  I used only my left leg for everything.  It is like night and day for me now.  The hammer toe is good.  The knee is great, and my back is 100%.  I am 83, and can walk and keep up with anyone with no pain.
Happy Birthday Neva. I am late due to the football games. I was so proud that I remembered Cal's is the same as mine I did not even know yours was first.  Sorry.
Also Hi to all stopping in for Neva's birthday.  How nice to hear from you all.
 Long rainy day here today.  Not cold though.  Lots of folks putting up lights. 
Debbie called.  She was proud that she went to the store.  She got me lots of French's Chili-O. I only have two packs left. I will get it from her tomorrow afternoon.  I will see Boss, Debbie, and Bash. 
That is ok Pauli, about the mailman picking, because it was also from Google.  I am going to blame me for using the wrong "paulie" option.  Google is never wrong.  I do recall the mailman, but not the picking. LOL
I will say CUL EV1. GBU and GB Ukraine.