Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602265 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25395 on: August 07, 2022, 07:04:03 AM »

7:11 TV kids are flying across the loft loudly. 74 outside at 7:53. Debbie had a good time.  Boss and I had a good time too.  No mischief.  Lots of interaction with toys and on lead.  Will go see them today after I ride my bike with my helmet on.  The route I usually take is about 4 miles.  I drove it last night to measure the miles.  When I got home my radio would not shut off.  I called roadside.  That took 4 attempts and half an hour to reach the girl in the Philippines.  By then it had shut off, and controls looked normal.  This is the second time I have had trouble with the electronics.  The last time it was the backup camera coming on after I already backed into the street.  That fixed itself right away too by the time I called the dealer.  Looks like my artificial brain is going nuts. LOL
Well coffee cereal and paper are waiting.  So CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25396 on: August 07, 2022, 02:43:51 PM »

joho just went to tv kids one up in the open window really big maybe a parent other down on floor in corner where that opening is at its so hot and humid poor kids
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25397 on: August 07, 2022, 02:51:36 PM »

diving with the shark 3:43
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25398 on: August 07, 2022, 04:06:52 PM »

Reef Shark ... 26:20      100°  (1:48 pm)    Blue skies, sunny and a bit of a breeze.  Weather Underground's forecast for my area for the next ten days is thunderstorms every day.  I wonder how that is going to go.  It did rain last night.  One can hope.

Hi you two, and any visitors.  I hope your day is going well.

Joho ... I remember the good ol' days when Larry would work on the car, now we are all driving a computer, complete with computer chips and there is very little that a guy can fix for himself and save a few bucks.  Most of the features todays vehicles have are very nice and helpful, but repair is complicated and costly.

Hi Cal ...  I can see why Pearl and Sweets aren't too interested in running around outside.  Your barn sounds so comfortable, and the fact that it's not humid in there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 04:45:26 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25399 on: August 07, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

hi neva! im so happy to be done in my cool cool room dogs all sleeping pearl sweets maybe happy in the barn it was 84 in there but right now its 95 real feel 101 and its not humid in the barn that five gallon bucket i empty it alot during the day when i go out at little before 4 am its at the top so real humid awful like walking out into a sauna. our elec bill was 415.00 but for barn house jims shop and we had still lots of 100 plus days and still hot into the middle of the night get a break tomorrow night winds from north storms eightys during the day 60s at night and i heard days getting shorter by 2 min in morning 2 minutes at evening  :) yes weather channel showing you in path of thunder storms! or is it just rain? if lighting you stay away from windows. rats griz went to bed early now he is up probably has to pee  :( its so hot out wait he got up here on this ottoman im sitting on then he went over to his ottoman  :) i got a roll of pt in here. good kind thick pick up gallon of pee.  dem passed climate control lower drug price for elderly bill rep all mad why why the climate is in such trouble elderly needs drugs and able to pay for them. i swear.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25400 on: August 08, 2022, 04:35:59 AM »

Shadow, Ted - UPDATE August 7, 2022

Shadow
Yesterday and today Shadow surprised us by walking out of the woods at this place that she seldom visits. She is the only female coming at this point. I don’t know why she is picking us to visit, but it’s always good to see her. Hoping to get her on the scale to see what a 35-year-old might weigh, but that will be hard as shy as she is.

A high point today started with a shock. People told me to check Ted who they said was breathing too fast. I saw him lying there in a way that made me worry after what I’d heard. I called his name, and he was his same old self with his welcoming sounds and desire to be close. What a relief! Ted has stolen my heart just like he has stolen many others.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25401 on: August 08, 2022, 04:40:05 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here humid maybe some rain later today chances are not slimmer farm said. but still north winds later today so will get cooler thank you god ted is okay wonder what was wrong with him. shadow i hope is okay pretty old girl and good she is shy dr rogers. that is why she is 35.
 its 54 and light rain in iceland
got to go to the feed store and walmart

god bless ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FE055D5657DC?z=0
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:42:56 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25402 on: August 08, 2022, 10:13:46 AM »

6:25  That is the kind of ships we see on Lake Erie close to me.  My favorite uncle George was a seaman on the lakes after he got back from fighting the second world war in the US Navy.  He never told war stories, and he did drink a lot. He and his buddy Ray would visit us at my dad's home in the country.  One day The two of them took a ride on my brother's and mine Cushman motor Scooter.  The were gone quite a while, and we worried.  Sure enough here they came up the driveway all banged up and covered in road rash.  Seems they had misjudged the severe drop at the end of a small bridge and crashed some miles away from our house.  The scooter worked to get them home, but it too was scratched up a lot and our brand new headlight was smashed. 
We always enjoyed their visits, and my brother and I did not care much about the scooter damage.  We were just glad George and Ray were not too bad hurt. They were very ashamed to have wrecked our scooter.  They gave us a little money for a new headlight.  This one had only been on there for a week, because a neighbor friend, Ronny Guy, had crashed the scooter with me on the back less than a month before. LOL 
Good news.  I got on the list to take a senior bus trip to Lakeview Cemetery followed by lunch in Little Italy in Cleveland.  This is a rerun trip.  I missed out on this trip last week. I googled Little Italy and Lakeview to see some of what is there.  It looks like a great trip.  I am ready to go, but it is not until Sept 16.  I will find something else to do until then.  Need to get a fishing pole first.  Went to many garage sales, but so far mostly baby clothes.  No fish pole. Will keep trying, and save up my old bread for bait.  I have a bag full in the freezer.  I think I will do that today after lunch.  A friend gave me a small yellow squash to fry.  I need to go get some cornmeal and cooking oil soon.
Nice to see you all here this morning.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25403 on: August 08, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »

Cargo Ship ... 37:43     98°  (3:29)    Tall clouds are building to the east, sunny and hot. No wind 'til maybe later. Thunderstorm last night.

Hi you two ... and any lurkers who drop by.  I hope your day is going well.

Joho, It must be interesting to live by a lake that is so big that it seems like an ocean, and there are huge ships and you can't see the other side.  It is impressive how deep they are too, especially Lake Superior.  Larry was born in Toledo ( and grew up in Findlay). 

A great place to visit Cemeteries is New England. The age of some of the headstones is remarkable.  Pieces of Art and history.  I have always wished that I could go back there with a good camera and produce a book of the photos of them. 

Cal ...  It always makes you feel good to see Shadow show up, alive and apparently, hopefully, well.  Another feel good thing for you, the end of the day, and settling down with your Kitchen Coyotes.   I love that name that you came up with for them.    😊  Did you know that there are Native Americans that call Coyotes,  'The God Dog'?   It has something to do with the fact that a parent/adult will try to attract and lead an enemy away from the den and young ones ... possibly giving their lives for others.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:49:51 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25404 on: August 09, 2022, 04:45:40 AM »

Watching a Family Live in the Woods - UPDATE August 8, 2022

Katrina and cubs
Katrina and cubs   Katrina and cubs   Katrina and cubs
A treat today was watching 3-year-old Katrina (daughter of Braveheart) and her three cubs at their resting spot in the woods. When they went off into the woods, I waited, then followed and homed in on the sound of nursing. Then I saw them. They watched me at first and then decided I was just a harmless human. As they settled down, two of the cubs fell asleep and a third lay on its back and was the recipient of grooming by Katrina—probably removing ticks. All four then fell asleep with the mother breathing 42 times a minute and the cubs breathing about 104 times a minute when we left. A peaceful but exciting time for course participants and myself.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25405 on: August 09, 2022, 05:07:43 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here and not humid! its 72 in the barn full of raccoonies i saw my possums last night when i woke up and went to the bathroom looked out the window all the treats gone and dog food it was midnight but still lots of birdseed out there and possum was eating that. i could put out a ton of stuff and raccoonies would eat it all. i love the pictures of sleeping mom and kids but reading that they watched dr rogers at first decided harmless human well in a few weeks murder season starts and what if not a harmless human?  sure would be nice is no harmful humans were in the world.

Hi Joho! Jim went to lake erie to go fishing before he told me it was like the ocean. love your bike story. my dad on the front lines of korea war and he never told war stories and he did drink alot too.  :(

Hi Neva! yay for your storms and you staying away from the windows during it.  saw biden touring poor ky how awful. climate change is awful and dont see how anyone cant say it isn't  my granny always wanted to go to new england wanted me to go with her i sure do wish i would of done it way back then. i am happy for all the stuff i did do when i was young and able. no i did not know NA called coyottes that we got a little killdeer bird she has babies every year close to a path jim mows in the front he knows where she is and goes around it but she will come out try to get something to follow her away from her nest. i think its what moms do good ones anyway. i read putin telling his soldiers young soldiers to go fight for russia and you will only die once and on and on! seems more russian people are seeing what is going on.

I saw on the world news oliva newton john has passed away at 73. she battled breast cancer for years.

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B0055D5707E6?z=0

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 05:09:37 AM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #25406 on: August 09, 2022, 05:37:11 AM »

its 54 and raining in iceland

joho think tv kids fledge but coming back to the barn

johoward

« Reply #25407 on: August 09, 2022, 06:55:32 AM »

6:01 67 and light rain  feels wonderful.  paper and coffee waiting so cul ev1 GBU and GB Ukraine. Also GB Biden for lowering drug costs, and for calling oil giants into Washington last month.  Now gas is going down.  It was up just because the oil industry wanted him to look bad.  Campbell soup did the same thing for the same reason.  ETC. 

calhound

« Reply #25408 on: August 09, 2022, 09:07:00 AM »

hi joho yes so nice out Yay for pres biden lowering drug cost and many other things. I do not think its fair for him take the blame for everything either.  GB Ukraine and bless all who are helping them. Who could even be for Putin today is jims dad bd pops is 87 today.

calihoula

« Reply #25409 on: August 09, 2022, 01:14:12 PM »

hi neva i went to weather channel see my temp they are showing talking about storms for you later today and tomorrow its 91 for rues 97 for dona its 85 here real feel 90