Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602031 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25380 on: August 04, 2022, 05:05:51 AM »

hi you guys its 76 and its muggy humid 75 in the barn ac was off but came on when i was out there throwing cookies all over the place. yesterday it was so humid temp was i think around 89 real feel was 97 and all day the barn was at 75 i could not believe it really nice in the barn. i work really hard keeping the coils and filter clean but it was cloudy and that is what helped so much. it is partly cloudy and 55 in iceland i saw on the world news the volcanoes firing out there.

Hi Joho how is your gut this morning? looks like from weather channel you are in for some of this heat too. if you get it stay in stay cool. i saw the turkey vulture cam last night saw one sitting like waiting for someone then it laid down.

hi neva! wow you slept thru the rain but at least you got some more.  i read that white house thinks china is way overreacting to nancy and i so agree and said not usual for speaker of the house to visit there she has before others too and unlike putin we are not backing down. i said that part. china not the boss of us . read uk sending people there and china threatening them too.  i remember long ago when walmart first came and stuff there was made in the usa sure do wish that was back. if china gets anymore petty just may go back to that.  :)

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BA055D5A800A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25381 on: August 04, 2022, 07:39:56 AM »

6:52  Good morning. 74 and cloudy.  Nice rain in the night.

Will go fishing soon to Letha House Lake.  Catch and release only.

Will go see Debbie, Boss, and Dash at 2pm.  Debbie has some left over roast for me.

Still stiff and sore from excess walking at the fair on Tuesday.  Tylenol will fix that.

CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25382 on: August 04, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »

3:06:clown fishy

hi joho yes catch release!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25383 on: August 04, 2022, 06:44:07 PM »

Clown fish ... 32:01     95°  (3:50 pm)    Partly cloudy, not much wind yet, but it is cooler.  Yesterday it rained quite a bit at this house.                   
                                                                                                                                                                   😊⛈️🌵🌵

Hi you two and anyone who drops by here.  I hope all is well.

Joho ... are you nearly always successful at catching fish?  I think that is probably a relaxing activity.  My son, Tim, used to go fishing often, but hasn't in quite some time.

Cal ...  I think that Nancy Pelosi's trip to Taiwan was a supportive gesture to the Taiwanese people, and they need that.  They have a giant neighbor wanting to swoop in and gobble them up, and it must be difficult watching what Putin is doing to the Ukraine and wondering if that is going to happen to them.  Good for Nancy.  Good for the U.S.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25384 on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:26 AM »

hi you guys its 74 here 74 in the barn as well. lots of raccoonies  i got to go to the bank today and get gas jim is getting all the used cat litter bags trash emptied the dumpster today too there goes griz 56 and raining in iceland

Hi neva! grines got 9 years but russia may still want to swap prisoners  I hope none of our people feel the urge to go to russia or china or iran or north korea use some sense people. trying to help ukraine dont need other stuff i read too on nancys trip we are saying let china know we are not backing down. i saw it cooler for you than me other day that is good enjoy it! but wait with your rain do you have this nasty humidity too? that is not good. my big bucket to catch water from barn ac get full alot catching lots of water. everyone in our senate voted to let finland and sweden in nato which they said was no brainer but missouris poop for brains josh hawley voted no only one to do that i thought what did the other poop for brains do that rand paul he abstain wanted to vote no to but mitch got into his poop. called hawley mo embarrassment which is true but what of the people who voted for him and that rand paul.

GB Ukraine! Putin if you do the prisoner swap we will throw in hawley and paul for free

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BD055D4FC231?z=0

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:21:24 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25385 on: August 05, 2022, 07:01:19 AM »

Hi ev1,
will do puzzle later.  Lots to do this morning.  Coffee waiting and cereal getting too soft now.
I do know how to catch big catfish Neva.  I usually can get one or two in less than an hour.  Yesterday I lost my gear to a big one who just swam away and broke the line.  Never got a look at him.  Later I caught a big one just after a nice grampa and his two boys walked away.  They saw the big fish swim by near the dock several times.  I wish they would have stayed a little longer. Thier Gramma said she had a recipe for dough balls made with jello.  They will come back andf I think they will catch the big ones too.  I won't be going for a while though, because the big one I caught yesterday snapped my only fish pole. LOL  Was a good day. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #25386 on: August 05, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »

5:12 YAY for me.  Just got back from nice lunch at Olive Garden with classmates.  Lots of nice memories shared.  Some very sad news was another soul was lost recently. It was a joking kind of man who made my Joan furious by buzzing her with a handshake buzzer when she was already mad at someone else at a party.  Now she can tell him herself what she has to say.  I was hoping he would come to one of our lunches so I could tell him how she felt.  Also, several others are suffering bad ailments.  One looked much better than last month when she had a treatment for cancer inside her mouth.  Now she looked great, and was very happy to be there.  Two men showed up as a surprise to me since they had not RSVPd.  I was especially glad to see one who was my adventurous friend.  I asked him when was the last time someone hooked him to a car bumper and pulled him all over the township on skis like I did.  He said I was the last.  He was such a roughneck.  It was sad to see him as a frail old man.  He is still working hard in the lumber trade, and there was a toughness to him when he spoke.  I will go see him soon.
I was going to go to the fair, but it was too hot.  So I just came home and did the puzzle.  Thanks Cal.
Neva you are getting more rain than I am these days. LOL  Good for you.
Now I will nap a while.  Boss is coming tomorrow.  I will take him out somewhere walking.  I hope it is not too hot.  I wont mind a little rain.  Debbie is going to Columbus to visit a friend from her work.  She has a pool.  Debbie likes pools.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25387 on: August 05, 2022, 02:22:39 PM »

hi joho yay for you! nice you saw your classmates! i did that ten years ago they are getting together again soon but im not going again. its in ks all day into evening no. i remember taking my grandmother and our cousin pearl she was so funny to their school reunion at our grade school my great gran my gran my mom my uncle john me went there. i look like my mom did so people there at first thought i was her they ask about my uncle john why didnt he come i said cause of how people look now they said he looks good i said oh he was talking about how old he looks he meant you guys!  :) so we had fun. my class is dropping like flies always getting an email from my school who is gone now got one today shows back then and now. really lots still look good to me. debbie likes pools   :) ty for not going to the hot fair! if hot tomorrow just take boss long enough to do his business watch tv with him in the ac. funny now joan can tell that guy off
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25388 on: August 05, 2022, 07:53:51 PM »

Fish Dreams ... 28:08       94°  (5:20 pm)   Very cloudy sky and some wind.  Yes, when the monsoon starts and we do get some rain somewhere in this large valley, we all get the humidity whether you actually got the rain at your place or not.  yuck!

Hi you two, and any visitors here.  I hope that your day has gone well.  By the time I get here, often, it is already evening where you are. 

Cal ...  I like the idea of giving Paul and Hawley to Putin.  lol!!!   I have no interest in reunions, never have.  I think that is easier in small or rural communities where everyone knows everyone and their families.  Here, right after graduation, everyone was pretty much gone and doing there own thing.

Joho ...  Somebody told me that it is hard to get a Catfish off the hook, that they will spike you, or something like that ??   I've heard and seen on a couple of documentaries that Catfish can grow very big.  My son Tim said that he was talking to a diver that has worked at Dams. cleaning machinery, under water and at the base of the Dams and he'd seen huge Catfish down there before, "Big as Volkswagens!"  I doubt they were that big, but I get what he was saying,  Scary!

It was hot out today, I went to get my allergy shots and got out of the car in front of the office, waiting for Michelle to get my walker and wow ... it was hot and muggy.  All of you that deal with more humidity than I usually do, "I feel your pain ... "
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25389 on: August 06, 2022, 05:07:11 AM »

hi you guys its 76 real feel is 82 it is humid!  >:( 75 and cool in the barn. 56 and light rain in iceland. raccoonies everywhere. when i went out the door this morning that heat and humidity hits you in the face and i had to carry this small laundry basket full of cut grass in hay field for pearl and carry a green bucket full of dry dog food for barn and pocket full of cookies and dry food for maybe she was out and i have overgrown bushes next to my door and along my sidewalk i leave it so can have some shade but branches get in my hair and i had to use my cane and raccoons weaving in and out maybe too and i was yelling get outta way almost fell saying i hate this heat i hate not being able to walk i hate this cane but once i made it in the barn oh so nice in there pearl talking to me water bucket at the top think ac ran most the night it ran all day another 100 plus today. i am sick of this weather.

Hi Neva well you can see how i feel about this heat and humidity it is so awful. no i have no interest in anymore reunions. dont know them really and rather be home by far. last time i went and met teri there and duane came too but they are not coming either. some of them stayed right in that area and see each other so will be fun for them. i loved school but that was a really long time ago. now i love my home and kids.  good you got your allergy shot and good you had your walker. i need to modify mine. well there goes griz poor old dog he i go out with him in this heat when he pees in the kitchen i say that is okay boy its cool in here i will clean it up.  dogs love the ac. its our best friend right now.

hi joho! Stay cool today you and boss! did debbie have fun?

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6E055D544544?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25390 on: August 06, 2022, 05:12:12 AM »

just checked on the turkey vultures kids there is a light in there swaying back and forth the one kid following it

calihoula

« Reply #25391 on: August 06, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »

3:37 whale where is boss papa?

johoward

« Reply #25392 on: August 06, 2022, 09:19:06 PM »

Had excellent day with Boss from 10am til 9:30pm. Lots of brushing, play, and walking.  He is so obedient at heel.  A joy to walk with.  We lucked out and had the dog park to ourselves.  Boss was off lead and able to go his way.  He seemed to enjoy that a lot.
 Now 10pm and no report from Debbie yet.  Boss was sleepy here so I took him home.  He went out to relieve himself then wanted back in.  Went right into his kennel.  So I went home.
 Deb was on her way home then, but it is at least a two hour trip.  Will have to report in morning.
Will sign off now and get ready for bed.  Did not get to sleep until after3am last night. So should sleep good tonight.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB U kraine

calhound

« Reply #25393 on: August 07, 2022, 04:43:06 AM »

hi you guys its 81 here real feel is 86 its 54 and raining in iceland. 75 in the barn ac is running but very cool and not humid in there. raccoonies everywhere maybe says i think i will stay in the ac barn.

Hi Joho You had boss for along time and sounds like did so good. he is a really good dog minding like that my girls should be so good. well speaking of mine there they go in the kitchen howling and griz deep barking and barking jim trying to sleep but that is stupid in this house go to bed early and get up early here wait a minute jim went to bed early last night too. i bet you slept good last night too!

Hi Neva!

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/89055D4E166E?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25394 on: August 07, 2022, 04:44:58 AM »

tv kids are sleeping