Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602717 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25365 on: August 02, 2022, 05:08:28 AM »

A Good Day - UPDATE August 1, 2022

Carolyn's male cub
Carolyn with cub
Carolyn & cub
Mystery Male
Mystery male
 Spanky
Spanky
The day started with gentle One-Eyed Jack being his regular self, letting us feel his heart beating 104/minute. He feels comfortable and makes us feel comfortable. Then we got a call. Carolyn and her two male cubs were sighted. We got there in time to get ID pictures of Carolyn with one of the cubs and the other cub on the other side of the tree. Spanky put in an appearance. An unknown adolescent bear was a mystery. It felt good to be in this happy group with hearts for bears.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25366 on: August 02, 2022, 05:20:30 AM »

hi you guys its 77 here hot humid weather man says be our hottest day yet omg like feel like 110 and over it 59 and cloudy in iceland nice update hope spanky will be safe next month hope all those bears be safe. why does someone feel the need to take a life? go fight the russians if you feel that way.

Hi Joho! hope your weather is much cooler than here for them fair animals. its cool in the barn right now 75 set on that. yesterday it went up to 84 but still cool air out of the duct and if you were by one and the fans it was pretty okay which pearl sweets and even raccoonies are maybe too.

hi neva! well eden sounds like he may have some of you in him! :) btw he is so beautiful!  jim mowed a patch in the hay field and last night he went and picked it up put it in tubs brought in the kitchen two in laundry baskets i took one out this morning and sweets went to town on it pearl did not even look at hers she wanted more treats raccoonies all over when i went to come back in she figured out no more treats and i said pearl go eat your hay and she then went to check it out. yesterday i had calihoula ten years. i do not want her to get old she and penny got into a big ordeal almost yesterday afternoon in the kitchen i had to really jump in there i think this heat going out coming in from it cali went to bed early last night.my first mom in law and gosh i loved her so called her mom she made amazing quilts. she made me a little dog quilt for my dog but i put it in a frame its in my library.  you are so right about Putin!

got to go vote go to walmart and have to walk around it stop at harps get home

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/64055D517EAC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25367 on: August 02, 2022, 07:38:01 AM »

68 degrees at 8:30.  Bike, paper, cereal, and coffee done.  Now heading out to Medina county Fair.  Will do puzzle later, and let you all know the time then.
 Debbie, Dash, and Boss did fine yesterday on Mary's first day back to work.  Mary had it a little harder crying several times, and working her pumping times in around her clients.  I am not sure how long this pumping can go on, but I do know Dash is a very well and happy baby.  Very easy for Debbie to care for. 
Now you  All HAGD and CEL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25368 on: August 02, 2022, 02:48:07 PM »

hi joho! good mary did okay good all of them did okay too! i hope its not this hot for you and your fair. i was shocked voting real early this morning there was two cars there! i vote at the road maintence building neighbor tim works there. kansas is voting on abortion deal

OLATHE, Kan. — Kansans head to the polls Tuesday to decide whether the state’s constitution protects the right to abortion, the first electoral test of abortion rights since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June.
Polling is scant, but interest in the referendum appears high. Signs that say “Vote Yes — Value Them Both” and “Vote No — Value Her Choice” can be seen on green summer lawns, and the airwaves and social media have been inundated with more than $11 million in advertising spending by interest groups this year, according to reports filed with the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission.
The Catholic Church has spent nearly $2.5 million in support of Value Them Both. The American Civil Liberties Union ($381,000) and Planned Parenthood ($1.4 million) are some of the biggest names opposing it.
Kansas is the first state in the country to vote on whether abortion should remain constitutionally protected since the Supreme Court’s historic overturning of Roe v. Wade on June 24. Since the ruling, more than a dozen Republican-led states have moved by other means to ban or further restrict abortion. Other states, including California and Vermont, will vote in the fall on ballot initiatives to protect abortion.
If the constitutional amendment passes, Kansas’s Republican-led legislature could pass future limits on abortion — or ban it all together — in its coming session in January. Abortion is legal in Kansas in the first 22 weeks of pregnancy, and the state has become a refuge for pregnant patients seeking procedures who are from states with stricter laws, including Texas and Oklahoma
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25369 on: August 02, 2022, 02:54:47 PM »

i just googled to see if nancy pelosi went to taiwan and yep

TAIPEI, Aug 2 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan late on Tuesday on a trip she said shows an unwavering American commitment to the Chinese-claimed self-ruled island, but China condemned the highest-level U.S. visit in 25 years as a threat to peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait.

Pelosi and the rest of her delegation disembarked from a U.S. Air Force transport plane at Songshan Airport in downtown Taipei after the nighttime landing on a flight from Malaysia to begin a visit that risks pushing U.S.-Chinese relations to a new low. They were greeted by Taiwan's foreign minister, Joseph Wu, and Sandra Oudkirk, the top U.S. representative in Taiwan.

Her arrival prompted a furious response from China at a time when international tensions already are elevated by Russia's invasion of Ukraine. China considers Taiwan part of its territory and has never renounced using force to bring it under its control. The United States warned China against using the visit as a pretext for military action against Taiwan.

"Our congressional delegation's visit to Taiwan honors America's unwavering commitment to supporting Taiwan's vibrant democracy," Pelosi said in a statement shortly after landing. "America's solidarity with the 23 million people of Taiwan is more important today than ever, as the world faces a choice between autocracy and democracy

neva i read about pres george w bush and his thoughts on putin ukraine
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25370 on: August 02, 2022, 02:56:17 PM »

The Republican former president managed to mix serious comments about Ukraine with takes on Putin, and some humor too. He began by telling a story about once playing host to Putin.

“I introduced Vladimir Putin to Barney, our Scottish terrier, and [Putin] dissed him. A year later, Laura and I go visit Vladimir and his wife — this was before he decided to be with a gymnast 30 years younger — and he says, ‘I want you to meet my dog.’ I said, ‘Yeah, sure.’ And I’ll never forget, out runs a huge Russian hound," Bush said. "And Putin says ‘Bigger, stronger, and faster than Barney.’" (Big laugh from the audience here.)

Bush added: “By the way, I told that to the Canadian prime minister and he said, ‘At least he only showed you his dog.’”

It was a funny setup to a deeper discussion about Putin’s aggressive actions toward Ukraine. “In [Putin’s] view the demise of the Soviet Union is bad for the Russian people, so we’re watching him try to reinstate Soviet hegemony,” said Bush. “He picks weak people to do that. He thought Ukraine was weak, but it’s not. Ukraine is showing a backbone and a spine that this world sorely needs to see.”

Regarding how Germany has responded to Russia invading Ukraine: “The Germans attitude has shifted completely from becoming guilt-ridden pacifists to people who understand that liberty is under attack and we have to do something about it.”

On China: “I don’t think they want to be too cozy with Putin at this moment. So this may be an opportunity to conduct some diplomacy that [creates] an alliance of convenience. The president’s foreign policy team has an opportunity to deal with China in a way that will surprise the country. … Putin loves the idea of isolating China against the United States. The idea of China needing Putin’s energy gives Putin a chance to say to the world: ‘The United States is no longer as significant as it used to be. It's now Russia and China.’ And that’s just not going to hold given his actions in Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25371 on: August 02, 2022, 07:27:54 PM »

Lighthouse ... 30:02      98°  (5:02 pm)   Sunny & breezy.  Dark towards the east.

Hi you two.  I hope that your day is going as you had hoped it would.

Cal, thanks for the articles you posted.  I agree with George W and with Nancy too.  Putin is a Plague on humanity.
     (Eden is a girl)

Joho ...  Yes, it is hard to go back to work and leave a new baby for hours.  Your family has a wonderful support system though.  Mary knows the little one is safe and loved.   How'd it go at the Fair?
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25372 on: August 02, 2022, 09:46:49 PM »

Just got home from the fair and I am whipped. Way too much fair food too. I will try to catch up in the morning.  Good Night EV1.  Thanks for being here.
 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25373 on: August 03, 2022, 04:52:04 AM »

Shadow, Loon Chicks, Eaglet, Summer Fox - UPDATE August 2, 2022

Shadow
The greatest excitement with the group today was seeing Shadow coming through the woods all bright-eyed. No one has seen her since July 7 when the berries came on strong. Today, a scat from another bear showed a shift from blueberries to wild sarsaparilla berries as is usual. With the amazing blueberry crop and chokecherries coming on, the bears will have plenty to switch back to when the sarsaparilla berries wane.

Loon with chicks   Loon offering fish to chick
On the pontoon ride, we saw that the loon chicks are growing fast, which they need to do after having what I believe is a late start. One of the parents offered a chick a bluegill that looked to me too big for it to eat. The chick ignored it. After a bit the parent swallowed it.

Bald eaglet   Red Fox
At the bald eagle nest, the eaglet was out on a branch for the first time we’ve seen.

Along the way, a fox in its new summer coat ran by looking lean.

At the hummingbird feeder outside my window, I have never seen so many vying for access—the most I counted at once was 11. I can’t explain it except that I believe the new fledglings have joined the adults.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25374 on: August 03, 2022, 05:19:27 AM »

hi you guys its 83 here hot and humid 75 in the barn ac is running i caught my big 5 gallon bucket just in time ready to go over its 54 and cloudy in iceland nice update nice to see shadow and other pictures. well there goes my kitchen coyotes.

Hi Neva i am so sorry eden a girl so sorry tell her i am sorry she is beautiful neva just beautiful. did you get anymore rain yesterday we are suppose to get some late today tonight at least hoping it cools it down here i heard on the farm that lots of rep thought nancy had the right to go taiwan and china making too much of this jim said be ww3 and i would rather have that with putin i want him to pay with his life. i saw the kansas vote proud i am from there.
Kansas voters defeat abortion amendment in unexpected landslide

hi joho i hope you are okay today all that fair food! Did you have fun?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4C055D58F264?z=0

GB Ukraine!

johoward

« Reply #25375 on: August 03, 2022, 06:44:10 AM »

6:05  Got up late, but I am ok.  Just a little stiff and sore from too much walking.  May skip bike  ride, but may go a little later after Tylenol kicks in if it stays cool like it is.  Only 68 at 7:41.  I love August.  Lots of produce.  Lots of cool nights and days.  Lots of fairs and festivals.  Lots of car shows.
Now I feel a need to see the news and get some coffee and cereal.  So CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25376 on: August 03, 2022, 09:16:46 AM »

hi fair boy! checking if you are okay your okay  :)

calihoula

« Reply #25377 on: August 03, 2022, 12:25:00 PM »

Instead, as the heavily Republican state rejected an anti-abortion constitutional amendment, it marked a political earthquake with the potential to reshape the entire midterm campaign.
In the first test of abortion politics since the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, turnout soared in Kansas despite a heat advisory and little else to draw Democrats to the polls. Yet in a state where Trump beat President Joe Biden by nearly 15 percentage points in 2020, the amendment was failing badly — in a brushback to Republican legislators who were preparing to move legislation restricting abortion.

And if the politics of Roe proved fraught for Republicans in Kansas, it’s going to be even more treacherous for the GOP in swing-ier, more moderate swaths of the country.
“I think it should indicate both in Kansas and nationally that people can be energized around the notion that the Republicans are determined to have government mandates about women’s healthcare decisions, and that is something that doesn’t sit well with lots of people,” said former Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, who served as Health and Human Services secretary in the Obama administration.

calihoula

« Reply #25378 on: August 03, 2022, 01:44:56 PM »

2:52 the next four miles

neva

« Reply #25379 on: August 03, 2022, 09:25:42 PM »

Road Sign ...  24:23      95°  (5:15 pm)  Clear skies, apparently no wind, plenty of sun, but it is cooler. Doesn't look like any rain is coming.  Michelle tells me that it rained this morning for some time, but I slept through it. w

Hi you two and anyone else peeking in here.  I hope your day has been a good one.

Cal ... I am happy with Kansas too.   

Glad that things sound good with you, Joho.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)