Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602054 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25140 on: June 24, 2022, 06:33:45 PM »

Garden Arches ...  31:00    102° (3:47 pm)  Heavy clouds to the east, no wind.  Sunny at my house.  Thanks for wanting to send me rain Cal.  When my kids were little, I taught them to do the Native American Rain dance, just for the fun of it.  I've got two daughters that still do it now and then.  The only place that I know of in this Sonoran Desert that has Sand Dunes is around the Arizona-California border.  The rest of the Sonoran Desert is full of plants. which can burn.

Janice is in my prayers, Cal. 

Good afternoon, Joho.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25141 on: June 25, 2022, 05:41:23 AM »

hi you guys its 80 and humid very humid and lighting to the west rain on an off today and tonight  :( its 74 in the barn ac was on but kicked off 4 mom raccoonies and 4 baby raccoonies moms rushing me for cookies kids hay cookies and did not see maybe so throwing cookies and hurried up and got that buckets of puppy chow in all them pans and went to fill up bucket with water from pearls tank and heard maybe then there she was! TY god worried.

i checked on cousin janice and she has posted this..Finally all my meds and back on four hour antibiotics drip.  So much for sleep, as I roll over or draw up my arm the machine goes off, beeps until Nurse comes and resets it.  Last night every 30 minutes, embarrassing. Stop complaining Janice it's saving your life!

i would complain too awful to be in the hospital

hi neva well darn on the plants i saw rain in some of az sure do wish it was you it was 80 when i saw your area like i dunno 1 am i am reading book 4 of dunes and now dune is full of water and plants and grass but  leto 2 pauls son he let a troutworm enter his body and he now turning into a huge sand worm been 3500 years in the making his face is still there but body is long sand worm and he planning on turning everything back to sand dunes many will die.

Hi joho! well there goes griz now the girls joined in. 

GB Ukraine! Putin i wish a sand worm would get you! oh griz oh girls oooooooo  oooooooooo  oooooooooooooooo

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BB055D4FDDAC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25142 on: June 25, 2022, 05:45:07 AM »

cousin janice just posted this so she must be better!  4:03 Just strolled around the square three times.  First time "out of bed" since walking into ER Thursday.  👏
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25143 on: June 25, 2022, 06:33:34 AM »

no coffee yet and now I am missing Hope In The Wild  on  TV.  Will come back. Good report on Aunt Janice. TYG

calihoula

« Reply #25144 on: June 25, 2022, 06:34:52 AM »

hi joho checked cousin real fast she posted this Free...the four hour drip is over once again.  The kindness of Nurses knows her stuff.  She bound the IV so the alarm wouldn't go off every thirty minutes.   Sweet sleep.  Now free and can't go back to sleep.  Oh well someone will wake me for vitals soon.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25145 on: June 25, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »

7:50  hard one.  Dog shame looks a lot like Boss BTW. 
TV laying flat out on his belly with wings and legs spread out like a pancake.  So funny to see a bird in this position. LOL  Camera work is kind of sporadic here.  Rarely see any panning as in the past.
I remember seeing Decorah eaglets stretched out for the first time.  I was sure they were dead.  The North cam showing snowy highlights. 
The GSB cam is showing close up of parent on the cliff face. Good camera work.
All the bear cams out do to storm last night.
Gotta go let Boss outside soon.  Debbie is away at a huge rummage sale with her cousin Diane.
 I guess I will start to get ready to go out.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine. Continued prayers for Janice and Ukraine.  As well as for our USA.  We need help from above to open our eyes to the threat to our country.  It is high time we voted in a congress that represents the will of the people.  Many things have gone too far for our collective good.
The Supreme Court has violated it's own history of settled law.  We need to change things in Nov. by electing people who will take away their power. Congress can and should do it. Just my opinion.

calihoula

« Reply #25146 on: June 25, 2022, 09:37:12 AM »

hi joho just got pearl done meds grain clean water in her tank sweets tank too all water bowls filled raccoonies birds maybes food pans refilled raccoonies sleeping somewhere good sleep no eat for awhile hot humid grrr dogs all around kitchen table here sleeping jim has an ac job today they will be happy to see him. i saw on weather channel storm in mn. hope bears in their houses. boss such a pretty boy oh my dogs would eat that hamburger like dog shame ! they counter surf all the time just hoping stupid mom walks off forgets and i do but jim he has his eye on his food threatens them dont you even think about it i think oh they can think about it. i agree with you on supreme court angers me read trump all smiley face said he helped with that. i read obama said. Barack Obama
@BarackObama
·
Follow
Today, the Supreme Court not only reversed nearly 50 years of precedent, it relegated the most intensely personal decision someone can make to the whims of politicians and ideologues—attacking the essential freedoms of millions of Americans

its like we americans now have dictatorship no real say on gun control no say on this now oh jim and i always vote!

GB Ukraine and us
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25147 on: June 25, 2022, 09:42:13 AM »

4:11 garden it was hard

calihoula

« Reply #25148 on: June 25, 2022, 12:20:17 PM »

i went out to the barn again told maybe get in your little bed i bought her one months ago it sits behind big boxes put pearls hay in jim or i bring out a bale out from the kitchen put it in a box then cover it up i looked and her bed is gone one of them raccoonies just took it with them! i went out and back behind to hidey hole into the barn saw a snake skin    :( and old treat sack. when i go back out taking my spot light look inside at their tunnels in the hay i see raccoonie paths in front yard i dont know how far they come and sometimes i think they just stay in the barn for awhile. buy another one and this time im going to tie it to my little step ladder it sits next to big hay box. no way can they drag bed and that step ladder! :)

calihoula

« Reply #25149 on: June 25, 2022, 12:31:28 PM »

i forgot i had a message on my phone dentist office called yesterday my appt first implant dr at nine am then go to dentist at 11 am to make my new tooth well dentist on vacation have to make another appt  :) ty god! now i will just have to see implant dr and can head back home. tell him i fell on my face and this other implant is now loose. hope it will not be a big ordeal but probably will thought of just keeping my mouth shut but it bothers me. at least i can home afterwards. i got chiggers bites mosq bites some poison ivy come on winter.

neva

« Reply #25150 on: June 25, 2022, 04:59:41 PM »

Gardens ...  34:29      99°  (2:46 pm)   Big clouds to the east, plenty of sun and no wind, yet.

Hi, you two ... I hope that your day has gone well so far.  I'm doing okay.

I agree about the Supreme Court.  It has become Politicized and at the moment, I have kind of lost respect for it.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25151 on: June 25, 2022, 05:31:41 PM »

hi neva watching weather channel rain now in tempe az they are saying more rain this monsoon season becareful of flash flooding. we all have to be careful of that. so nice in my room its 104 with heat index 83 in the barn ac runs all day elec bill oh giddy up but it is what it is. i took out my spotlight looked in that first tunnel where raccoonies come out way in the back was maybes bed. see back wall nice open area too. lots of raccoonies can flack out there. fan i got running for them blows air down there. i used a pole got it back some then used my cane maybe right there watching there you go girl i put it back did not tie it up going to get another monday when i order groceries online then tie hers up but other one raccoonies can have. maybe buy a bigger one for them mom and her kids. i hope you get some rain jim gripping about trump how trump got usa kicked out of EU wait what. no jim we are not in eu he said i know cause of trump  :)

calihoula

« Reply #25152 on: June 25, 2022, 05:33:26 PM »

neva weather channel just said thunderstorms for tucson

calhound

« Reply #25153 on: June 26, 2022, 05:28:22 AM »

Shadow at 35, Jewel at 13 - UPDATE June 25, 2022

Shadow - 35 years old
Yesterday at dawn, I saw a bear in the distance with a light face and an odd movement of its left hind leg. Shadow? Was it really her face and gait? Then near sundown I saw a similarly light face but with the setting sun lighting it too brightly. I wasn’t sure. In photoshop, I removed some of the glare. Shadow! I compared her face with a picture from a couple years ago. No doubt! Plus, she showed her skittish personality. She has had more time than any bear in this area to lose her anxiety and build trust, but she can’t seem to do that. Cautious as usual, she eyed me from a distance and disappeared into the woods. It wasn’t a location and situation she had learned to semi-trust.

Jewel
Jewel - 13 years old
Jewel w/3 cubs
Jewel w/3 cubs
On the other hand, Eagles Nest Community’s annual picnic was held today with 13-year-old Jewel and her sixth litter of cubs up a tree less than a hundred feet away. In some communities people would have said ‘Oh My Gosh! It’s a mother with cubs! What can we do?’ In this community, it was not a concern. People are accustomed to seeing bears. A few people snapped pictures. Most others went about socializing as usual. People who had followed the den cams back in 2012 and 2013 were excited to learn that this was the mother they had watched give birth and raise Fern and Herbie. This time, she was with three cubs whose sexes are still unknown. The picture of Jewel on the ground was after most people had left and she heard the voice of someone she knew and felt safe coming down. People sent the pictures from their cell phones.

A fun day.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25154 on: June 26, 2022, 05:48:12 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here 74 in the barn 5 raccoonies 4 kids and maybes bed still in same spot throwing cookies all over here here here put out a bucket of dry dog food. kids all eating out of one pan. wind from the north so nice this morning. yesterday was terrible. update is fun today so happy to see shadow and not having trust in humans is no doubt why she is 35.she is smarter than your average bear. Love seeing jewel she is a jewel!

Hi joho! hope it is nice for you too. it is 54 in the capital of iceland low was 44.

hi neva i dont think you got any rain after all did you? man it just does not want to rain there.

just checked on cousin janice she posted    Good morning!  Up at 2:00 four hour antibiotics drip finished.  Vitals done.  Bed linens changed, bed wet from fever break.  Walked around the quad twice.  3 1/2 hours until I can order breakfast.  Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

GB Ukraine! GB us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D58ABA3?z=0