Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603255 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25125 on: June 22, 2022, 04:11:31 PM »

Wow! What a showing. Bee is something, and she is from Ohio.  I will share that with my niece Susie.  She has three dogs.  Two of them are in training for agility trials.  She travels all over the country from where she lives in upstate New York. Thanks Cal.

neva

« Reply #25126 on: June 22, 2022, 05:14:47 PM »

Grand Teton ... 22:10       100°  (2:37 pm)    Sunny w/ clouds building in to the east ... not much wind yet.

That Australian Shepherd, Bee, is a beauty and she sure is fast!  Thanks for posting her video, Cal.

You asked about fires near me.  We were worried about this one.  It is Kitt Peak, located near Tucson, on a mountain, on an Indian Reservation.  There are some very important Telescopes (Astronomy) located there.  It seems that so far, it is basically okay.  But the heat can't be good with those huge telescopes and lens.

https://astronomy.com/news/2022/06/fire-reaches-kitt-peak-observatory-destroying-multiple-structures

One of our cats, St. Francis, brought home a baby Cottontail once, and brought it in the house.  I didn't see what he had in his mouth.  He let it go in the Livingroom and we had a wild chase to catch it.  It didn't have a mark on it - no wounds.  We released it after consulting an expert out at the Sonora-Desert Museum.  He said at three weeks old, they are on their own.  Anyway, that was Francis' gift to us.  He was a gray/tawny Tabby cat.

I hope that your day has been going well.  I'm doing okay.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25127 on: June 22, 2022, 06:41:55 PM »

hi joho i did see bee from ohio! your susie will like bee! would like to see her three dogs! :)

hi neva i read that fires so heartbreaking just heartbreaking. no one started it lighting.  :( and i hope them telescope etc be okay! are those open to the public and if so have you or your family been there what do they look for? said rain this week i pray it comes will check weather channel i always do yes it was kitt peak weather channel talked about oh no indian reservation hope they ate okay animals okay good telescope place got out propane tanks and other stuff. im guessing on a mountain there is veg grass stuff cause just desert like dune nothing to burn. how good your cat was! i know poor little baby bunnies when i got them they like burd seed fruit and nuts and i put out pearls timothy hay they get under pearls horse trailer guess it was our boo boos trailer lots of big low hanging bushes by house two right now under work van for ac business not used that van in two years doesnt even start up jim takes his truck so bunnies safe there have not seen neighbors cats jim googled them lots of cats over there and they run a cat shelter so maybe they got homes jim said maybe has kittens know where they are going but also we said have to be spay neutered to adopt out and maybe been here long time im sure she is just fat. coaly cat caught a mouse in the garage i said drop it he did mouse just laid there i brought her in put her in a cage checked later she was up on her excise wheel so pet had her about 7 months. thanks for kitt info i pray you guys stay safe from that fire neva
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25128 on: June 23, 2022, 05:25:43 AM »

TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — A bloodhound named Trumpet won the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on Wednesday night, besting six other finalists to snare U.S. dogdom's most coveted best in show prize.

Trumpet beat a French bulldog, a German shepherd, a Maltese, an English setter, a Samoyed and a Lakeland terrier to take the trophy in the 146th Westminster.

Trumpet became the first bloodhound to win Westminster.

The competition drew more than 3,000 purebred dogs, ranging from affenpinschers to Yorkshire terriers. The goal is to crown the dog that most represents the ideal for its breed.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:08:00 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25129 on: June 23, 2022, 05:33:22 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here! and not raining! its 50 in iceland capital and it is raining there. i saw on the world news the bloodhound trumpet that won the westminster and he is a beauty! yay for him. he was really holding that tail up!

Griz is barking and barking gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BF055D59218B?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25130 on: June 23, 2022, 06:37:47 AM »

Here is the Ukrainian flag that none of the invaders could ever throw away! 🇺🇦
📸 Photo: Mykola Presich

calhound

« Reply #25131 on: June 23, 2022, 07:04:26 AM »

johoward

« Reply #25132 on: June 23, 2022, 05:29:43 PM »

5:44  pretty quick for me.
 nice day 65 degrees now at 6:21.
 Deb and Boss were over all afternoon. They just left.  We took him to our dog park.  He mostly ate crabgrass.  He did retrieve his ball once, and his duck several times. No dogs there.  Just him and us.  So he was not very playful.  Went back to my house.  Deb and I talked a while and I showed her my animal cams. She loved the TV babies. Then she showed me her dog cam videos.  Lots of them.  These were mostly about dogs not wanting their bath.  They were hilarious.
Now I will visit the bears.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25133 on: June 23, 2022, 11:51:04 PM »

Spaniel Watch ...  42:52      No idea what temp was.  We ended up with dark clouds and a tiny bit of rain.

I hope your day is going as you want it to. 

Cal ... At times the Scientists up at Kitt Peak would have special events going on where the public was allowed to come and see some special thing through a Telescope.  I've never done that, but we drove up there a few times when I packed a lunch and we'd spend part of an afternoon enjoying the view --  it is beautiful, you feel like you can see the curve of the earth almost.  The Native Americans supposedly consider it a sacred place where great spirits live. 

Hey, it's not often you see a Bloodhound win over some of the more popular, or fancier breeds.  Good for him.  I would love to see an Australian Cattle Dog win, but I doubt that is going to happen, even if I think they are gorgeous, and smart.

Joho ...  It sounds like you had a great day. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25134 on: June 24, 2022, 05:35:16 AM »

hi you guys i think it is 71 rain is on the way  :( how i wish i could send it to you neva! it is 52 in iceland and it is not raining there i think too much rain in iceland 3 raccooonies one baby it was 73 in there almost time for ac to kick on. i cut weeds grass around barn outside coil mowed i got chiggers bad on my ankles and the poison ivy again thinking of taking dogs predisone. sure do miss winter but yesterday in the mail got our propane contract so that felt like winter coming.

Hi Joho! Yes sound like a fun day for you guys! did you show debbie that video of bee?

Hi Neva i thought that too yay for the bloodhound that a little upper cress dog did not win again. big dogs count too and i would love to see an aussie cattle dog win too and you just never know. i would love to go in and look thru that telescope but just going up there and sitting and looking out how cool is that! and be on scared ground where great spirits live!!  i saw on the world ukraine pulling out of  russia just too much there russia just too much for this world period along with some others but EU has given them the green light to go forward means alot to ukraine. yay EU does not have a fellow putin erdogan turkey in the eu nato really sick of turkey but seems no way to get that taken care of. i hope finland and sweden will be able to join nato but they said they are ready to fight putin if he once again comes for them.

Live Updates: Ukraine Is Withdrawing From Sievierodonetsk
The ruined industrial city in eastern Ukraine fell after months of Russian bombardment and weeks of urban combat. Like Mariupol, it became emblematic of the savagery of the war.

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/02055D5A8725?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25135 on: June 24, 2022, 06:17:50 AM »

just went over to check on my cousin janice  she said n Hermann Memorial Hospital with signs of pneumonia.  🙄  Keep it coming, I can handle it!  Prayers just in case please.

johoward

« Reply #25136 on: June 24, 2022, 08:18:31 AM »

9:39 not awake yet and can't stop thinking about cousin Janice.  I will pray for her. God Bless Janice and bring her out.
Did not show Debbie Dee video.  Wish I did, but she showed me so many dog videos I forgot.  I did share it with my niece Susie.  Who runs two dogs in agility shows.  She was impressed.
Bye for now.  I need coffee.  Got up late.
GBU GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25137 on: June 24, 2022, 11:09:54 AM »

cousin janice posted this pic said this 12 hours ago Four hour antibiotics drip.

GB Ukraine Cousin Janice
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25138 on: June 24, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »

hi you guys i was reading about what if putin tries to take odessa ukraine and every response was russia will not get odessa ukraines got all kinds of missiles etc to take out more of putins ships i saw this question

Sven Dirks
Former Electronic Warfare Operator and Technician at German Navy (1979–1991)Author has 1.8K answers and 11.1M answer viewsMay 10
Related
If Trump was still president, what would his response be to Russia and Putin with the invasion of Ukraine?
Oh, he would have tried to send aid. To the Russians.

He loves Putin. He also owes $ 421,000,000 to Russian banks.

He pulled out of the Clear Skies agreement AFTER he lost the election.

He tried to disband NATO.

He was impeached for illegally withholding military aid to Ukraine, extorting them to “find dirt” on Hunter Biden in the process.

What do you think he would have done?

calihoula

« Reply #25139 on: June 24, 2022, 02:29:03 PM »

just check cousin janice again she said Just threw major fit!  Second day without heart meds.  Feet and legs swelling.  2PM waiting for Doctor to sign off on med list.  Admitting Dr Jay and Dr Wong not even in my chart, after requesting 4 times.   Understand hospital full, no excuse of error!  Go slow go forward!    Thanks for letting me rant.  Laying back and soaking in the meds & breathing treatments to come.

oh no i said maybe cousin matt should come her son.