Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602749 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23880 on: September 20, 2021, 05:56:50 AM »

A Sunny Work Day - UPDATE September 19, 2021
Red maple leaf
Red maple leaf
With red maples glowing like jewels with the sun shining through them, it was a hot work day on what is likely the last day we will see 85 degrees. A team of eight spent the day pressure washing decks and steps and re-spacing deck boards closer together. Deck boards
Deck boards
When they removed the boards, they saw that someone, probably a Black Bear Field Study Course participant, lost a lens cap, which won’t happen again.

It was another safe day for the bears here.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23881 on: September 20, 2021, 06:00:41 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here nice full moon so happy bears are still okay

hi joho i fell asleep woke later and saw chiefs lost by one point. :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5B055D50F4F4?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23882 on: September 20, 2021, 08:30:47 AM »

Sorry about that Cal.  I thought that was a final score for the Chiefs.  I especially feel bad that it was the Traitor Ravens that won.
Took me 7:08 to do the birds at sunset.  Computer was reluctant to move pieces for some reason.  Took 2 or 3 tries.
Nice update.  Let's us share the vivid fall colors without really being there.  It is still all green and dry around here.  I think the lake helps to delay seasonal changes.
There is another county fair today about 1 hour away with races.  I think I will drift that way very soon. 
So CUL  EV!  GB

calhound

« Reply #23883 on: September 20, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »

hi joho well chiefs made some mistakes and it cost them but yes traitor ravens happy your brownies won! i noticed yesterday all the trees that are in a line along the fence we put up to divide the horse pasture from the pond and by tims fence and at that time had horses running the whole ten acres back there and i could not see them when they were over there. trees now are huge and really cant see that far pasture at all but i noticed some places little open up and leaves are yellow. had no rain here for awhile suppose to rain later today and then no rain for weeks but who knows for sure. saw that poor gabby girl found dead and her boyfriend took off what a messed up deal dont understand why fbi was not tailing him he would not cooperate with them in the first place only 22 what a crying shame hope the dogs and cops find him and he is punished but good. wont bring her back but make sure he does not do it again. griz calling me cul have fun at the fair the races

calhound

« Reply #23884 on: September 21, 2021, 05:33:58 AM »

hi you guys its 57 and clear yesterday afternoon it poured. just when the grass was burning off in the dogs yard.  :( cooler temp next couple of days

hi joho did you go to the races?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B5055D512811?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23885 on: September 21, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »

5:42 on dolphin,
I did go to Ashland Fair and horse races.  Lost a little by betting, but was a pretty good day away all in all.  The fair was very ag oriented.  There were many barns with 4H displays.  I did not see a lot of animals though.  It was the opposite of the Wayne County fair where there were many many animal barns , and a huge new modern auction facility.
 Nice country ride of about an hour in areas I have not seen a lot.  Very rural.  Lots of hilly farms.  Very nice scenery. Weather was also very mild and pleasant.  Lots of walking around the fair.  Not at all crowded.  More vendors than customers.
I was one of a very few wearing my mask. I did not feel comfortable in the grand stands. I did have lots of fair food after the races.  Can't remember it all now.  I do recall some peach pie, a hamburger, a Italian Sausage sandwich, coleslaw, water, and a huge pile of french-fries in a tiny tray.  Could not finish them.
So I stopped at my favorite pond on the way home and fed them to the ducks and fishes.  While watching the sun go down.
I called Debbie to see what she wanted to do today for her birthday.  She said she was overwhelmed with work and did not want to plan anything.  So we will go out later.  I did send her a nice card with 20 scratch offs.  Hopefully she will win something.  If not at least she will have a nice card to open.  I asked about Mary and how her move is coming along.  Debbie says Mary's mover canceled at the last minute.  So Mary rented a truck, and Debbie, John, Brian, Mary , and Matt did all the moving on Sat. 
On Sunday Mary says Matt wants to go to Germany on Monday  to meet his folks.  His dad is a distance runner and has entered a marathon in Berlin.  So yesterday off they went.  I hope they have a relaxing trip.  Matt has not seen his family for two years, and they are pretty close knit.
Well 2nd coffee is getting cold so I will say so long for now.  No big plans for today.   CUL GB EV1

neva

« Reply #23886 on: September 21, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »

Dolphin ...  23+ 

I love the dog shame.  I had Maddie and it really was fun.  I wish I could do it again.

For those who share sleeping space with your pet:

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #23887 on: September 21, 2021, 05:09:31 PM »

hi EV1 My daughter Debbie has a big pitbull named Boss.  The first couple days she had him she told him to get on the big long sectional couch only where his blanket was, and at night he was to sleep in his kennel on a pad.  After about a week she decided he could sleep on her bed with her, and let him know it was ok.  They got settled in, but after a few minutes he ran out to the couch and comes back with his blanket.  It has bee about six months now, and he still goes foe his blanket at bed time.  Hilarious.
 Neva's picture reminded me of this. Thanks

calihoula

« Reply #23888 on: September 21, 2021, 05:54:53 PM »

hi neva! you know i thought of maddie rose with the dog shame my calihoula too she is like a stock dog laughing at the bed space so true! penny brownie weigh about 150 each cali 70 griz 140 i sleep at the foot of my bed against the wooden board that goes across it lots of times griz gets off drinks all the water gets back on his ottoman beside the bed then i get little more room. got a few cats by me and my old cat sleeps up close to griz. wow did you do triangle on the puzzle really good im terrible at triangles like jp with circles :)

hi joho sounds like you had fair fun lots of eats feeding ducks nice thing to do mary worked hard moving i could never move again would need lots of help missys daughter libby has a pitbull chloe she is all black a darlin very spoiled my cousin janice her son dil have pitbull tag and a big mix dog dexter they took the boys camping in their big nice rv ac tv boys had fun. so funny boss getting his blankie  :) griz will still at times suck on his blanket. wow almost 6 heard on pearls radio lots of fairs around here too.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23889 on: September 21, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »

Neva someone sent me this while back i loved it dogs name is grit loved his name too getting sheep in on cold snowy day amazing and the great white pyreenes like my babe was you can read below where he talks about sending grit to get them

https://youtu.be/RcEgQrX_EMo
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23890 on: September 22, 2021, 05:55:00 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here  :) have to pick up groceries at walmart in an hour or less seems like i just did that gb

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E0055D5419B5?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23891 on: September 22, 2021, 07:53:35 AM »

5:23 Late start coffee calling.  CUL  GB

calhound

« Reply #23892 on: September 22, 2021, 09:54:13 AM »

4:21 griz calling me oh neva i came in from picking up groceries bringing them in tv in lroom  always on saw pet shelter in my home town showing dogs need foster home now i could never do that would keep them minute i touch them would love them but it was a maddie rose dog such a cute dog i hope someone takes her

johoward

« Reply #23893 on: September 22, 2021, 05:10:40 PM »

Hi ev1,
Back from store.  Went for mustard on sale for ($.99) at Drugmart.
 Went to Walmart first to get mustard and  Bob Evans breakfast sandwiches and their home made Italian bread.  Spent $59 and they did not have any mustard.  What?
So then I stopped at Drugmart for just the 99 cent mustard.  Well it took most of a $20 bill to get out of there. Mostly dog goodies for Boss and I recall some olives and a little salad. 
You get the point though.  Getting soaked on the way into the store seemed to trigger my hoarding instinct.  I got lots of frozen dinners, ground meat, sausage, yogurt, eggs, and other stuff I can't recall.
So don't go shopping in the rain and hungry.  It leads to excess buying.  $79 should have been 99 cents.

johoward

« Reply #23894 on: September 23, 2021, 05:22:41 AM »

Cal you OK?