Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 629803 times)

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »

Hope.  This picture was taken from the  calendar.  The pictures there are wonderful.  They are large and can not be scanned on my scanner as one picture so I scanned in two passes and merged them.  You can see the merge line so I did not do a great job.  I will have to study up on how to eliminate that line.

I posted this the other day and I went and reworked the combining of two scans to get the larger picture, as it was in the calendar.  I believe I succeeded so I post the difference.  The picture on top was the first attempt and has the seam line.  The bottom picture is as it should be, no seam line.  Now I can tackle some of the other calendar pictures.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:02:34 AM by jpalmken »

jpalmken

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:31 AM »

Fern, back in the collar days.

cal, I really liked the picture of the squirrel in the snow in yesterday's update.  My thoughts are with Polly, hoping the car deal works out for her.  I know you will bear up during this rough weather spell.  Yeah, they did show last year's final episode of Downton Abbey before this year's first.  I didn't stay up for the Downton Manners video.  I'll probably run across that again.

ruesgram, your 61o weather does not sound too bad but I am afraid that has changed by now.

obsver446, yes, I am feeling much better.  Am down a little bit this morning because it is raining,  You know that combination.  "Rainy days and Monday's always get me down".

That is what I am going to do, get back down in bed and see if I can go to sleep and wake up when the rain stops.  Those in the bad weather areas please "dress like you have recess duty".

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:04 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

jpalmken

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2015, 07:40:22 AM »

I was so cold trying to help that squirrel that it took me   5:49.

jpalmken

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »

Here is the second calendar picture that I scanned in two passes and merged. Cookie and Colleen.

obsver446

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »

Cal, oh my dear girl.That sweet  Wiggie is in our hearts, too. Hugs to you. My weather is as frigid as yours. Ra, you know we get antsy if you take breaks that are too long. Rues, are you back safe & sound?  Hey, jp, you can talk in song lyrics, too!!  Jp, what are you reading now?

jpalmken

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »

obsver446   My reading has been falling behind over the holidays and with my feeling bad.  I am reading "The Assassination Option" by W.E.B. Griffin (I read all his many books) I still have to get into "Blood Magick" by Nora Roberts and "Mean Streak" by Sandra Brown.

ruesgram

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »

Hi Jewelies! I'm cold and tired.  What a time Robin had trying to leave Ft Lauderdale airport yesterday!  Plane was supposed to leave at 4:45 arrive in Pittsburgh 7:30 direct flight. The flight kept being delayed not weather related but plane maintenance in Baltimore. Then the co pilot had too many inflight hours so they had to wait for his replacement.  Finally that plane left Baltimore, arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 8 pm! Robin's plane then left at 8:30 arrived in Pittsburgh at 10:40pm!  :o  We got to the airport an hour and half before the plane landed. We ran into some rain and snow and high winds and made it back home around 1:30 am!  We are tired but at least we didn't have a full day's work like Robin had. Her plan is to go home after work and go to bed! Everyone on the flight got a $100 voucher towards another flight!
Cal, so sorry about your sad Monday. :'( Wiggie will always be in your heart.  Yay, Polly's finally getting her car! It's about time! :D I had no idea that a bear's stomach did all that to process their food! Excellent pics today. Our gas at Sam's yesterday was $1.99 but today it was $2.02! Maybe they had a special yesterday. ::) If I had a mouse in my coat I would go running and screaming bloody murder!!!! :o
Obsver, everyone around here, including me, dressed like they had recess duty today! :D It was a sunny 26 with wind chill 10. Snow expected overnight with 2-5 inches. Boo hiss!  It was 82 yesterday when Robin left FL. She isn't a lover of hot temps. She says it just doesn't seem normal for the 4th day of Jan to be 80 at 10:30 am! I say I think I could enjoy those temps any time of day! :D
Jp, great pics from the calendar! Thank you for sharing them!  Don't think I know Cookie and Colleen! Very pretty bears.  Robin was in Key West last Tuesday! That was a place to see on her Bucket List. She said she had the best seafood there. Can't remember where she said they ate at. In Miami she had Cuban food which she really enjoyed! She says it's too hot in FL for her! Silly girl.
Ra, what's up? Hope you aren't ill!
Blshue, way, way, too cold for me in MN! :o

obsver446

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »

Cal, maybe Wiggie and my Kelsey & Mandy are playing together, healthy, strong and at peace. Nope, they aren't suffering. I'll never believe that.  Bischue, it's hard to imagine dealing with your low temps. Seems plenty cold enough here to me!!  Jewelies, believe me, no schools had outdoor recess today!!!!!  Rues, wow. You had some day yesterday. Just glad you are all back home, safe and sound. Thanks for letting us know! Jp,, hopefully, you'll be able to get back into your reading soon.

ra

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2015, 04:43:46 PM »

Hi Jewelies!  Just wanted to let you know I"m ok... I'm taking Joy to the vet tomorrow. this will be her last night here.  She's joining Wiggie, and the rest of our beloved pets.  Needless to say, I'm sad, too...
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

ruesgram

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »

Ra, I'm so sorry.  How sad for you. :'(

obsver446

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »

Ra, hugs to Joy and you. We're sad right along with you.

jpalmken

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:47 AM »

The third calendar picture and it is Jewel, the mother of Fern, Herb, Mikah, Nate, and Scott..

My thoughts this morning are with ra, and Joy, knowing her grief.  I remember when it was necessary to take our Stormy to the vet but the years since, for me, and surely will be for ra, are filled with pleasant memories of our times with the loved one.

ruesgram, glad Robin got  to Key West and also enjoyed Cuban food in Miami.  We have some fine Cuban restaurants here. 
Also, lots of great restaurants featuring fresh seafood.

cal, smart mouse, trying to stay warm.

just this short post today.  Why is that, you say.  I am having a problem, you see, with my Lumbar and Cervical radiculopathy.

I bet Shakespeare just cringed in his grave.

Warm caring thoughts to all Jewelies.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:32 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

jpalmken

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2015, 06:46:07 AM »

Holly Cam 3:33