Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 628800 times)

DeborahG

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »

Hi Everyone :-* Below zero here this morning, but so pretty with that Wolf full moon and the reflection on the crusty snow.
Cal and Ra, My heart goes out to you both. I am working on putting away Christmas stuff still, need to get it done as I have some other projects to do. Stay warm all of you in the cold, that flu sounds scary not here in Maine much yet, but I know it's coming, time to be careful.

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:56 AM »

Colleen is the 12 year old daughter of Donna and Cookie is the 8 year old daughter of Dot.  Like most of us I had not seen their names nor any pictures of them before.

williwaw

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2015, 08:58:02 AM »

Ra, I'm so sorry. Hugs
E2, phone home!

neva

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »

Me too, Ra ...  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  We all know how you are feeling.  She will continue to live in your heart and memories.

Hugs to you ...
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

ra

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »

Hi Jewelies!  thanks for all the hugs today.  It was really hard to say goodbye to a baby I've had for almost 18 years.  I got Pride (her brother) and Joy when they were little babies.  I'll miss her, but I still have Lily and Handsome.... or as cal says... "that Handsome".   :)  I wanted to cremate her, but they wanted $180 for me to bring her home, $55 if you just cremate and leave them (??), and free if you just take them home and bury them.  So, she's with my other cats now in my woods.  Lily is looking for her all around the house.

cal... Glad you have a new vet now and Drama was a hit there it sounds like.  Good luck getting Polly's car and all going smoothly.  When I went to the vet yesterday and I was sitting there waiting to talk to the vet, there was a guy next to me with a beautiful big white dog... same as your Babe I think... can't think of the name.... Burnese or Pyranese... He was a year old and HUGE!  Very friendly to me and real sweet.  So nice and white and clean, long hair...  I'm not thinking very good today... can you tell?   :)  I'm glad Jim helped you with the poop buckets today.  You fell again??  Yikes!

Supposed to get really cold here tomorrow... high around 30o, then lows in the teens tomorrow night!  Geez...  Glad I did my digging today...   :'(
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

ruesgram

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »

Brrr Jewelies!  My snow shovel is now on the back porch. :(  We got 5 inches of snow overnight! ugh. Bitter cold tonight and tomorrow night. They are saying we are in a deep freeze.  I can't say it enough how much I hate winter.
Ra, many thoughts of you and Joy today. Hugs.
Cal, wow, that Drama is growing fast! Pete sounds like a good vet. I always forget to take a stool sample to the vet. I put it in a ziplock bag and then leave it on the workbench in the garage! ::) Hope Polly doesn't want any Cool Whip! :D So nice of Jim to help you by dumping the buckets.
Jp, nice pic of Jewel! She's a beauty! Sorry about your lumbar and cervical radiculopathy.  Wish there was something that could ease your pain.
Obsver, did you get a bunch of snow? There was no need for kids to dress for recess here today because they got a snow day! Back to school one day after Christmas break. Probably no school tomorrow or the next because of the frigid temps!
Hi to all and stay warm!

ruesgram

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »

My sis emailed me this pick of her Bernese Mt dog yesterday.  Since Cal and Ra mentioned the breed today thought I'd share this  pic of Gretta sleeping on her favorite Christmas gift! Gretta will be 3 on St Patrick's Day. She weighs 120 pounds. She's such a sweet baby!

My sis would probably shoot me if she knew I posted this because her carpet has cat hair on it!  :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:43:59 PM by ruesgram »

ra

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »

rues...

My sis would probably shoot me if she knew I posted this because her carpet has cat hair on it!  :D

Don't we all?   :)  I guess this means the dog I saw was a Pyrenes...  Gretta looks pretty comfy.   
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

obsver446

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »

Rues, some snow but not a bunch. The cold & wind is causing a wind chill advisory here today. I don't know what they would call it if we had bischue's temps.! I wouldn't be surprised  if school was cancelled tomorrow. Ra, you are very much in my thoughts tonight. What a well-loved cat. Hugs to you.

jpalmken

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2015, 04:53:59 AM »

Shadow.  The clan matriarch.

cal, when I read about the weather most of you are suffering from, and see reports from around the country on the TV, I am so thankful for the weather here.  I don't think I could take the cold weather.  With all your coats put several on, layers, and keep warm.  Good hopes for your and Polly's trip to get the car business straightened out.  Seeing you post your gas at &1.76 reminded me that out gas here, mid range, has dropped to $2.93.  That is the first time it has been below $3.00 in a couple of years.  I think I will do a lot of extra driving so I can fill up more often with prices down there.

DeborahG, your mentioning the full moon on the snow scene is nice.  I always liked the looks of fresh snow in the moonlight.  Actually, fresh snow in any light.  But then the snow half melts and gets dirty and then I think it is ugly.

Neva, HI!  We all grieve for ra.  I think it is so much harder when you have to take them to the vet so that they do not really suffer any more than when they pass from natural causes.

ra, Good thoughts to you in this post.  I think it is nice that Joy is resting with your other cats.  I don't have cat hair on my rug.  Actually, I miss not having an animal companion but I don't think I could properly take care of one.

ruesgram, I wish there was some way that some of my warm air could move up and help you and the others who are really being hit with the cold.  Gretta looks relaxed with her head on her whatever it is.

So sad about the U.S. team skiers killed in the avalanche.  So amazing about the little 7 year old girl who survived the plane crash and made her way over a mile to rescue.

Warm, actually hot, thoughts for all suffering this miserable, early winter blast.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »

Holly?s Den Cam - UPDATE January 6, 2015

Holly looking out of the den
Holly looking out of the den
Heidi (with her very familiar voice) and I had the pleasure today of visiting Holly and clearing up her den cam http://wildearth.tv/videomark/hollys-cam-gets-snow-cleared-away-010615. Heidi brought a few nuts and dried cranberries so we could get into a familiar, calming feeding routine. Holly recognized the routine and calmly took a cranberry from my fingers. But we knew that other actions would make her nervous and cornered in the den, so we threw a few bits of food into the den to distract her as we used a piece of cardboard to move the snow away from the lens. Then we slid a big white cardboard calendar envelope down between Holly and the camera so I could wipe smudges off the lens. Lily explores a hunting stand - July 12, 2007
Lily explores a hunting stand - 7-12-2007
She heard action behind the envelope and blew and pounced toward it. We distracted her with a few cranberries and a couple nuts. Then we used the envelope as a cover to prevent more snow from piling up in front of the lens with the next snowfall. We tucked one end under the snow on the rock above her entrance and covered the other end with snow to hold it in place on top of the tube. I snapped a picture of her, but she didn?t know what I was doing, so she pounced and blew?so much like a wild bear.

Lily explores a hunting stand - July 12, 2007
Back at the WRI, I saw that the bright snow is still visible in front of the lens. The snow tells the camera to darken, making it hard to see Holly in the darkness of the den. We?ll have to go back soon. But despite that, a Lily Fan captured some nice video of Holly settling down and rearranging her bed after we left https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtrk_qYl7I&feature=youtu.be&hd=1.

Lily explores a hunting stand - July 12, 2007
Today?s 2 1/2 minute flashback is to July 12, 2007, when Lily the Explorer checked out a hunting stand. Bears very commonly explore the hunting stands they come across. Lily sniffed each of the different materials in the stand and finally climbed down the tree, rather than the steps, using a hanging rope for stability a couple times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIF06UOGYM. Lily has been growing.

Thank you for all you do.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

All photos taken today unless otherwise noted.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

jpalmken

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »

As W. C. Fields used to say (you probably do not know who he was) "Ah, yes, my little chickadee".  4:21

dlongkc

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »

As W. C. Fields used to say (you probably do not know who he was) "Ah, yes, my little chickadee".  4:21

I know who he was! This is a movie trailer from "My Little Chickadee". I used to watch his movies; he was a favorite of my grandpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqe9-NCiVEA

williwaw

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »

WC Fields....that nose. He was in that movie with Mae West. I did see it, but not when it was new. I'm old but not THAT old.
E2, phone home!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1891   Go Up