Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 621711 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25680 on: October 15, 2022, 05:33:23 PM »

Horse Mountain ...  31:16     79°  (3:22 pm)   Rained this morning, + still heavily cloudy now.  It's a lovely day.

Hi you two

I'm amazed to hear about anyone is getting snow already.  I know that I shouldn't be surprised, since we're half way through October and that is Minnesota.      (I just heard thunder.)   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25681 on: October 16, 2022, 05:17:59 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here 40 and windy in iceland. 56 in the barn our weather man says record freezing temp coming. saw lots of snow for dr rogers and the bears.

hi joho! my little grocery store out of sweets cookies for along time 3 packs for 4.50 vanilla creme or lemon or peanut butter john there says lots of people buy those for their animals one man buys lots for his pigs so its okay i can get them at walmart. but your shot card and stuff no close does not work. and if out of your stuff all the time that does not work for you either.  jim truck is sick he will have to use polly's focus cause part he needs not be in for 10 days he is mad i am too. stupid how ford cant get parts and etc. need a truck i told him time for a new one but order one takes almost a year to get and none on the lots. who fixes this kind of stuff?

hi neva saw really nice temp for you on the weather channel at like 2 am 68. said record cold this winter all over so maybe you will see snow. use your walker and go shovel it! :) i did that last year probably again this year penny will be happy to roll in the snow. i hope we get that record cold kill off all this poison ivy around here its all over. i got it again.  you dont have that do you?

GB Ukraine GB all animals GB all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D4DB62B?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25682 on: October 16, 2022, 08:54:33 AM »

7:23 Not bad.  48 right now.  Was fifty degrees an hour ago.  Going the wrong way. LOL
I did take cards and receipts to Drugmart as requested. I waited in line again, then girl says wait twenty minutes.  Then she calls me up to get cards.  I take a glance, and my old card has now been modified to include the same inaccurate data from the new card that I told her was wrong according to the receipt.  I lost my patience at that point and flicked the card back to her in disgust.  Very soon after that the Dr. comes up with a corrected card.  They pasted a sticker over the "Moderna" and wrote in "Pfizer".   This was way harder than it should have been. 
Pam, the best pharma tech ever, moved out of the pharmacy about a year ago into the stock job.  She could see what was coming in the drug area, and wanted nothing to do with it.  I will go down the road soon too.
I am always wishing to hear Putin has relented,  retired, or went away, or something.  I don't really care what, but go.  The world would be so much better off.  His people would be better off.  We all would find some thing else more enjoyable to think and talk about.  Like for example, the weather in Iceland, and the foxes at Fox Heaven in Dublin Ireland Where Marge lives.  She has foxes in her yard too.
Bye for now EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25683 on: October 16, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »

hi joho on a short break paid my cable bill checking here chiefs on soon hard game my mom would of done that too flick card back she too would go else where. i really liked your putin comments feel the same way rather talk about iecland weather and foxes marge is such a kind person
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25684 on: October 16, 2022, 09:06:17 PM »

Browns lost.  Indians are loosing.  4 to 2 in last of the ninth.

johoward

« Reply #25685 on: October 16, 2022, 09:08:59 PM »

first batter is out at first.

johoward

« Reply #25686 on: October 16, 2022, 09:09:27 PM »

second batter is out

johoward

« Reply #25687 on: October 16, 2022, 09:17:12 PM »

One more out to go.
1 ball two strikes.
Swing and a miss game over.
Game five tomorrow in New York.
I see Chiefs got a loss to the Bills today 20 t0 24.  Sorry Cal and Jim.

calhound

« Reply #25688 on: October 17, 2022, 05:39:53 AM »

Breathing Easier, Bears, Tasha, Fox, Ducks - UPDATE October 16, 2022

Red fox
Hunting season ended yesterday although we haven’t seen any bear hunting action around here for about a month now. The little bit of bear activity here this time of year is mostly at night, which would be after shooting hours.

The big bear action today was Tasha at the Bear Center vigorously raking leaves into her rock den—leaves that Sharon, her keeper, put there for her. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=5585778924838954 We’ll see if Tasha can hang on to this den this year without dominant Holly usurping it. Bears will be bears.

Red fox
Red fox

After not seeing a fox here for a long time, the red fox that came a couple days ago was an entertainer yesterday. He or she was constantly on the hunt, looking for a red squirrel or maybe a mouse to eat instead of our plebeian fare. The picture of it facing away with its tail straight out was just after it tried to pounce on a red squirrel that narrowly escaped into the brush pile in the picture. Sitting on the log, the fox was scanning around, probably looking for a catchable, warm body. But foxes I seen here have mostly been unsuccessful. It probably takes many tries to find the right circumstance—just like researchers have reported for wolves and other predators in the wild. Eventually, this fox settles for a piece of bologna from a hand or eggs from the front deck. The picture shows the fox trying unsuccessfully to take two at once. Like other foxes we’ve watched, it carries nice prizes like that off in various directions to stash for lean times and quickly returns for more.

Red fox   Red fox
It’s not our fox, though. In this nature-loving community, other people feed foxes, too. This one mostly lives a half mile away where a couple cooks boneless chicken that is hard to match, hence we will probably see the fox only while they are off to another state.Mallards
Mallards

I didn’t see the fox today, and maybe that is why I saw something I haven’t seen before—a stream of mallards, 94 individuals long, walking mostly single file up their narrow trail from the lake to the yard where they spread out to feed in the weeds. I’ve never seen anything close to that many ducks here before. Flocks of mallards that are migrating through probably joined our locals in their endeavors. When something scared the big flock, nearly all took off in a loud flurry of wings while a few continued to forage as if nothing happened. I suspect the few stalwarts were locals used to seeing a person in a window or whatever.

Always a good day here one way or another.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25689 on: October 17, 2022, 05:56:38 AM »

hi you guys its 35 here clear its 42 and sunny in iceland  50 in the barn when i first looked at the update saw mallards then saw fox with eggs thought fox got mallards eggs why you but i was wrong nice dr rogers left them out for fox. such kind people up in mn watch out for wildlife like we do here where ever we live. they need all the help they can get. so happy bear murdering season is over. last so long just horrible  >:(

hi joho! i was in the barn for the chiefs game jim watching it when i came in i saw score 10 to 10 then 17 to 17 then i saw field goal us 20-17 back to barn game over when i finally got my stuff done saw on the news we lost. i feel for all them fans who paid all that money big money went out there. to me its just a game. let the girls out and they were really barking acting up jim went out and they were scaring my little possum it was on the other side of the dog fence by our walkout basement by the retaining wall jim said just staying put scared i was so mad at them girls worried about the possum. it came little early it was 6:30 i put out dog food and cookies and cupcakes by my side door fill up water bowl with water for it and raccoonies also food in the barn for them. i had jim go look see if it was gone and it was. later when jim went out to the barn at 9 he saw it eating the food. today i think i will plug in the girls electric fence out there. till i hear yelping then unplug it i think they need a reminder. get away from that fence.  I love your baseball calling. i was going to watch it but didn't darn brownies lost too and indians will watch game five  at arrowhead had protesters on chiefs using chiefs as name of team. i swear.

hi neva! saw still good weather for you!  :) weather channel was showing scenes from utah beautiful.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AB055D5926FC?z=0

GB Ukraine GB all animals and GB all of us

johoward

« Reply #25690 on: October 17, 2022, 01:17:00 PM »

7:16 I need a nap. LOL
Little wintery today.  snow a little and rain and wind.  45 at 2:15. Cloudy.
  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25691 on: October 17, 2022, 03:47:38 PM »

Iran is responsible for the murders of Ukrainians. Country that oppresses its own people is now giving ru-monsters weapons for mass murders in the heart of Europe. That is what unfinished business and concessions to totalitarianism mean. The case when sanctions are not enough...

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25692 on: October 17, 2022, 05:32:35 PM »

Chestnut ... 24:13     79°  (3:11 pm)   Partly cloudy, plenty of sunshine.  Not windy, apparently.  Nice day.

Hi you two, and anyone else that stops by here.  I hope you day is going as you had hoped it would.  All is well here.

Hi Cal ... That last photograph is so heart-wrenching. 

Hi Joho.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25693 on: October 17, 2022, 06:31:27 PM »

hi neva that is so  :(heartwretching sob i google ukraine saw this at twiiter and i was mad at that elon musk twitter owner not going to keep helping ukraine with internet for free and i saw he posted that now he will keep helping ukraine for free it was close to this picture the person who wrote that right too  how much more before good ends evil how much

calhound

« Reply #25694 on: October 18, 2022, 05:17:13 AM »

Lily and Her Three Cubs are in a Den - UPDATE October 17, 2022

Lily and cubs in den
This afternoon, Mike and Lorie found Lily and her two sons, Carex and Coverly, and her daughter Calla in a den. Their tracks leading to it were fresh. We’ll see if there are any more sightings of her out and about or if they are calling it a year. Lily and family tracks
Lily and family tracks
It is a good feeling that she has survived another year at 15 after the intense effort by some to destroy her and her following. Lily did not cooperate. She just went about her quiet life, mostly out of sight, and is still around to unknowingly add knowledge and excitement to our lives.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center