Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bob Anderson  (Read 36619 times)

Ginger52

• E Central IA
Re: Bob Anderson
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »

I was thinking about Bob today because it was one year ago on this date that our sweet Four perished.  I can never remember Four without seeing that picture of Bob holding her.

T40cfr403

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »

From RRP's FB page - 2016 Peregrine Falcon Banding

05/24/16: Meet Roberta. Both falcons here were female, but Xcel really wanted to acknowledge Bob, so they chose Roberta for Robert A.

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2016, 06:19:53 AM »

Happy Memorial Day
Remembering all who have passed
Human, animal, bird ...

WHERE was that falcon chick banded?
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »

For some reason I felt the need to post this.  Bob as all RRP was into safety and also had enough experience with Amy (the falcon) at Greysolon Plaza in Duluth to know she was a VERY protective mom.  That day he decided he didn't need a hard hat, his cap would be fine.  Well Amy grabbed his hat and dropped it on the next roof.  The last time he and I talked about this he really chuckled.  :D

Nora in IA

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2016, 11:30:00 PM »

Shep, were you asking about the chick named Roberta for Robert A.?  The Riverside Plant in Minneapolis, MN.

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2016, 02:49:23 AM »

Wonderful post Nora!
A falcon named Amy - and a falcon named RobertA
Now we need a falcon named Nora and one named Shep!   8)

Yes I wanted to know the home nest of RobertA
Her pic was on several threads - without her home!   :o :o  :(
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

Nora in IA

« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »

We did have a Nora for me from Duluth  :) that ended up in Wisconsin and was found dead a year or so ago, probably a vehicle collision.  :(

T40cfr403

« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »

From RRP's FB page 11/4/16:

Raptor Resource Project added 5 new photos
2 hrs

We got some great news from the bird banding lab last week! Two falcons from Xcel Energy sites were spotted many miles from their places of origin.

Falcon Mel hatched at Xcel's Prairie Island plant near Hastings, MN. She was the youngest of an unusually large five-falcon clutch and was maybe 15 days old at banding as compared to her 19-22 day old siblings. An article about the banding can be read here: http://bit.ly/2e8AQ2f. Her band was reported by Alberto Charles, a raptor rehabber near Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico, roughly 1700 miles from her birthplace!

Falcon Roberta (named after Robert Anderson) hatched at Xcel's Riverside plant in NE Minneapolis. She was spotted near Capleville, TN, by Michael Linz and is about 700 miles from home. I'll post juvenile photos of her when we get them.

Thanks to all of you who report bands to the Bird Banding Lab! If you see a band and want to report it, visit https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/

Falcon Mel at rehab in Cancun.

Another photo of Mel. Note the juvenile plumage. Falcons don't gain adult plumage until they are around two years old.

Mel's wing, and another great look at brown juvenile plumage.

Alberto with Mel.

Alberto releasing Mel!

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring