Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bob Anderson  (Read 41968 times)

nrstooge

• I am the eagle I live in high country...
Re: Bob Anderson
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:04:01 PM »

Thought I'd post this for Bob - I've been playing this all day...  Thank you Bob for sharing your love of all things raptor and infecting us with the same love. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-HJU4oF8jg

I am the eagle, I live in high country
In rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky
I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers

But time is still turning they soon will be dry
And all of those who see me, all who believe in me
Share in the freedom I feel when I fly

Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops
Sail over the canyons and up to the stars
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
And all that we can be and not what we are

Songwriters
DENVER, JOHN (DEUTSCHENDORF)/DENVER, JOHN (DEUTSCHENDORF)/TAYLOR, MIKE
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:31:35 PM by nrstooge »

BHscent

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »

For Bob Anderson, his family and extended family around the world.

Peace Now Be With You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqkpYgvIBtU
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:27:31 PM by BHscent »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »

Sending out my heartfelt sympathy and condolences. I am thankful for Bob and all he has done, and all that will continue to be done because of his legacy - for his love of raptors, and especially for his beloved Peregrine Falcons.  May his spirit soar on and on.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagle-Duck

• Forever Decorah-fan !!!
    • Livecams
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:58 PM »

Some days ago I found a video with Bob and our Decorah Dad.

There you can see the Decorah-story before 2011, before Bob went live with N1.
You see our Dad with his first mate, their first build nest and their first egg.
Then after a storm Dads first mate was found death and Dad was alone.
Later he got a new girlfriend, todays Mom Decorah.

You see the first kids of Mom and Dad in N1 (two kids, before 2011...)

Several interview scenes with Bob and very nice scenes from Decorah and Alaska.
Bob climbing onto the nest...
A mustview !!!

The video is from NatGeoWild and has the title: American Eagle Dokumetary HD

I made several screenshots and posted them on my pages.
Here you can view them:

--->>> http://www.thehomedi.de/Bob/pics-Bob.html

Wonderful pics of the eagles and with Bob

Here the video on youtube:

--->>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz5_d1lM7dM

frehaws

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »

Shep-may I also add my thanks to you for opening up this thread. The one thing all of us have in common is our unyielding respect for this quiet man named Bob Anderson.  He taught us all so much and taught us to teach future generations. His legacy will live long.

omasawyer

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »

:) :) Shep: whew!!! What a beautiful tribute to our BOB. Thank you from all of us from the bottom of our hearts. I shall come back tomorrow to copy the video of Bob with his beloved peregrine Falcons  in the Mississippi River Valley because I think everyone of his followers should watch it and learn so much. Cannot do it tonight because  I have very watery eyes. Thanks again :D

BHscent

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:15 PM »

A beautiful tribute shep and wonderful photo's Eagle-Duck.

Thank you both

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 11:22:58 PM »

I hope people can find the time to read this wonderful article about Bob Anderson at this link:

http://thegazette.com/subject/news/man-who-launched-decorah-eagles-webcam-dies-suddenly-20150728

(Thanks to Dobe and Finn and others who brought this article's link to Forum also.)

That article gives the best summary I've seen yet of so many of Bob Anderson's contributions.  As much as I love the Decorah Eagles and the cam to follow them, it is Bob's work to bring the Peregrine Falcons back to the Midwest that I stand most in awe of.  Every time I read the story of how that was done, I am in awe all over again, just like the first time.  What he and his associates did in that effort was nothing short of miraculous.  I urge anyone who isn't aware of that to watch the video of that story that has been posted multiple times here today. 

Also, till you see that video, take time to read this wonderfully-written article in the link posted here - once again:
http://thegazette.com/subject/news/man-who-launched-decorah-eagles-webcam-dies-suddenly-20150728

(Hint:  You can click on "skip survey" at the bottom of the pop-up survey to continue to that article.)

I hope you will read far enough in that story to discover what was said by the likes of Brett Mandernack and Neil Rettig, who with John Dingley (all part of the recent ATF Event) and others, are currently in discussions and planning on how best to continue moving forward with the work Bob started and with Bob's visions of future work.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Delawaerie

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:36 PM »

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Bob Anderson, my heartfelt condolences to the Anderson family and friends.

godiva36

• Decorah eagle watcher since April 5, 2011
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

shep - that's it for his obit?! :o :o No mention of family or his job! ???

nrstooge - thanks for the John Denver song.

BHscent - thanks for the Amazing Grace song.

E-D - I have that video and have watched it several times. I'm not sure if you know or not, but Decorah dad's first mate was never found. She just disappeared one day and was never found. Nat Geo took liberties with the story.

baz - thanks for the article. I read where Brett and John said they were in discussions on what's next.
Beautiful, historic Georgetown, KY

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 03:51:49 AM »

Bob was a biologist.  I did mention his assistant, Amy.
I do not know if they had children.  I thot of the birds as his kids!   8)
I did a LOT of googling to find info, and I much appreciate what others have added!
I know Amy and their loved ones will appreciate what everyone has posted.

I told east coast bird folks that Bob was the Craig Koppie of Iowa-Minnesota.
Now that was just my personal silliness.  I dont know anything about his schooling or titles.
I knew he worked with falcons, most particularly the GSB falcons on the cliffs.
I did this post because so MANY loved Bob and will miss him - not because I personally knew him.
I really appreciate everyone who has posted.  Thanks to each of you.

I have used that Rainbow Bridge poem many many times.
There is - another side - after life ends here.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:43:54 AM by shep »
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

jfrancl

• ChatMods
  • Educating is key to ending lead poisoning
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 04:40:16 AM »

Just a clarification, Amy is not Bob's wife.  Amy worked closely with Bob banding falcons and is also webmaster for RRP.
Please join us in our campaign to GET THE LEAD OUT. Together we can make the world a safer place for Bald Eagles and all wild life. We need you, THEY need you!
http://raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,765.0.html

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 07:50:03 AM »

shep~~~Thank you for adding the wonderful tribute to Bob! Somehow his loss has changed everything about the communication among the RRP threads!

Remembering his selflessness going out into the cold weather to "track" D1 for a possible picture to share with all of us viewers. How excited he would be when he did succeed! It gave him great pleasure to share his special gifts with everyone who wanted to enjoy them.

Yeah Pat, he did a lot for birds - and us, his 'viewer kids.'
I read an article today for my daily news report on the harm to birds done by wind turbines, and thought of Bob.  We will all do that now. 
Will raptor projects continue in Minnesota-Iowa?
If so WHO will carry on?
Will cams continue?
People have a lot of questions.

ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

Wilson

• Not lost at sea, alive and well in the nest
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 08:43:12 AM »

Thanks Shep for starting this thread and to everyone for all the pictures, updates, and information about Bob.  There is so much we don't know about this amazing man!  It's sad that we research and learn under tragic circumstances but that what brings us together and that is how we memorialize someone in our minds. 

I will now always think of Bob when I watch/listen to this.........just sharing my personal "thought" memorial. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CblTG0vnQLI
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:51:20 AM by Wilson »
Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius---Edward O Wilson
NE Ohio

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 08:50:35 AM »

Often there are initial obits posted for someone - until the extended family has had an opportunity to meet and gather info. Then a more complete obit is published. I would recommend folks take a breath and step back a bit. Events will unfold in eagle-time. Respectfully, Tig ♥
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)