Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Puzzles, Games, and Fun Facts  (Read 122181 times)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
Re: Puzzles, Games, and Fun Facts
« Reply #990 on: January 03, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »

From panning/zooming on New Year's Day.  My time -- easy to beat!  lol

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3816905E892?z=28
17:26  Thanks and happy new year Faith  :)

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #991 on: January 10, 2015, 01:50:53 PM »

It's been up there quite awhile, but, this morning I watched the International Space Station (ISS)
pass over the ol' burg!  First time I had a chance to watch with clear skies, and I couldn't believe how easy it was to see.  You should check it out.
NASA has a sign-up (your zipcode) and will email you time, direction on horizon to watch, and degree of arc overhead, plus how many minutes it takes to cross from horizon to horizon.  It's pretty cool, I think!!
You can watch earth from the ISS too, on Ustream no less.  That's my alternative view-screen if the eagles aren't around!
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #992 on: January 10, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »

It's been up there quite awhile, but, this morning I watched the International Space Station (ISS)
pass over the ol' burg!  First time I had a chance to watch with clear skies, and I couldn't believe how easy it was to see.  You should check it out.
NASA has a sign-up (your zipcode) and will email you time, direction on horizon to watch, and degree of arc overhead, plus how many minutes it takes to cross from horizon to horizon.  It's pretty cool, I think!!
You can watch earth from the ISS too, on Ustream no less.  That's my alternative view-screen if the eagles aren't around!

eburg!   :) That ISS-to-Earth cam is pretty cool, isn't it?  I try to keep up with what's happening at NASA and watch the ISS pass overhead when I get the chance.  It's orbit is not so high, so it is easy to see if you have clear skies when it's orbit is overhead at night, especially when the moon is not near it.  I love it on the rare occasion that I get to show it to one of my neighborhood kids, too.  I most recently got to see it pass over my place about a week and a half ago, or so...  I don't know why, but I really enjoy watching it... maybe because when I was a little kid, my dad would take me out at night to watch Sputnik traverse our night sky!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »

Puzzling over lack of puzzles here!
This threads been ignored and it lacks it usual cheer!
Games and Fun Facts are all okay,
but I like to work puzzles,
And with my times....
In the worst way!!!
Hope to see some changes here
Puzzle-masters, I revere
the work you do
for all us
How 'bout a "puzzle"
to satisfy us!

Please, please, please!!!   :P ::)  ;D
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.

baziunc

« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »

Puzzling over lack of puzzles here!
This threads been ignored and it lacks it usual cheer!
Games and Fun Facts are all okay,
but I like to work puzzles,
And with my times....
In the worst way!!!
Hope to see some changes here
Puzzle-masters, I revere
the work you do
for all us
How 'bout a "puzzle"
to satisfy us!

Please, please, please!!!   :P ::)  ;D

eburg... It seems that after Forum was dusted off for the new nesting season a few weeks ago, most puzzles started getting posted in the Puzzle Thread on the Decorah Lounge Board... Lots o'great puzzles posted there if you check it out... Here's the link to the most-recent one there... enjoy!  :)

http://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,1980.msg378244.html#msg378244
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Nora in IA

« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »

I just tried uploading two of Mom & Dad and for some reason it wouldn't do it.  Will try again.   :(

Also the Jewell thread (the bears) has a puzzle every morning.

http://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,1423.0.html

baziunc

« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:40 PM »

Thanks, Nora!  You and JP post some great puzzles here and in the Decorah Lounge's Puzzle thread, and I appreciate that so much!  Thanks to all who take the time to post and share wonderful puzzles from photos and other images here and elsewhere in Forum.  :)

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2015, 01:51:33 PM »

Thanks baz and Nora,
I'm well aware,
Of all the puzzles
Offered there.

But my point is this
Please understand,
It's an "Oliverian Twist...
Like Dickens!...
I had in mind!

So pardon my pleas!
Leave me alone.
I just want a puzzle
To work here at home!!!   :P

baziunc

« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2015, 02:21:21 PM »

LOL eburg!   :D :D  Very good!

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »

And I just had fun working godiva's puzzle....was that a deja vu ala Nora?  Can't have too many puzzles.

baziunc

« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2015, 02:46:30 PM »

And I just had fun working godiva's puzzle....was that a deja vu ala Nora?  Can't have too many puzzles.

It's a great one - you mean this one posted by Nora in the Puzzles thread in Decorah Lounge a few days ago? - at this Forum link?
http://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php/topic,1980.msg377650.html#msg377650

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »

Wow....yeah baz! (I just work 'em, don't look at 'em!  :P )

Faith

« Reply #1002 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »

Sorry, eburg!  Here is one of Mom from today's panning/zooming.  My time 10:18

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8F169540FE4?z=4

Faith

« Reply #1003 on: January 26, 2015, 05:24:56 PM »

And one of Dad on 1/16/15.  Time 8:58

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BE169541445?z=19

Nora in IA

« Reply #1004 on: January 26, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »

Thanks Faith, I was just working on one closeup from Jan. 15th  :D  Will this keep you happy now too Eburg?  ;)

79-piece stars  9:03

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8916954122F?z=25

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:12:27 PM by Nora in IA »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96   Go Up