Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: POST PICTURES OF YOUR CURRENT PETS  (Read 49171 times)

masswatch

• Stop enjoy the beauty of nature
Re: POST PICTURES OF YOUR CURRENT PETS
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2014, 02:21:38 PM »

carewolf10

Here are pic's of our new kitties.  They are 2 sisters we got them in Sept 2013. They are a pleasure to have and our dog Odin loves them to pieces.  They are Emma who is the tiger and Maya she is black with double paws.
Masswatch  (Diane)

Mom (Love Her)
Dad (THE BEST - Forever in my Prayers)
Eagle Member April 2011

"Those Who Place Everything in God's Hands Eventually See God's Hands In Everything".

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »

Introducing, Mike and Maggie, two brown Tabbies.

Mike was adopted from Nashville Humane Association's no kill shelter in the fall of 2002, four months after we had lost our previous kitty of Siamese and bobcat mix. (yes, bobcat!)
Mike was one of a litter originally 8 kittens. That afternoon, I had browsed up and down the aisles of cages in their cat wing for an hour looking for that 'special' cat. About to give up, I took one last stroll and stopped dead in front of a cage of 6 remaining mewing kittens all crowed and scrunched in the front . All but one!  A solitary little kitten sitting silently in the very back...staring at me with those gentle amber eyes. Mine met his.  I asked the attendant about the history of this litter. She told me that a family had left them two weeks ago because they moving due to job relocation and could only take the Momcat; all kittens were weaned, healthy, spayed and neutered. And, the kitten that caught me eye was a male; the family were Christian as revealed by the names the children had given the kittens, all after dynamic Biblical people. Except one.  That solitary kitten in the back was named after the Archangel Michael, the Warrior angel. A name that would later serve him well.
He was given to me to take to the isolation room so we could 'get acquainted'. He immediately, crawled up my  and nestled against my cheek and purred himself to sleep!  Two weeks later after paperwork processed, we took Mike home. He grew to be a loveable, rascal of a sweetheart who loved to play chase. A wonderful 11 years that was cut short by cancer of the trachea. The last two years were spent in and out  of our vets with tests then a referral to Blue pear Veterinary Partners in Cool Springs, TN and Drs. Holste and Johnson more tests, accurate diagnosis of  pneumonia and a lobectomy, recovery. And no permanent  improvement more tests and heartbreaking news, cancer. It was a nodule at the carina (where trachea branches off into the bronchial tubes). Our vet at Blue Pearl consulted with her old prof at her old alma mater Illinois State University, College of Veterinary Medicine at Urbana and Dr. McKernahn for an ablation. That year we spent Mother's Day waiting in the hotel and then the waiting room during Mikes' procedure. It went perfectly and Mike recovered in two weeks and was his old self once more. But, as doctors told us the cancer would come back and with a 'vengence'. So it did and the last year was spent in chemotheraphy. But, after 8 mos. and cancer only progressing; his life had been spent with things being done to him. And, when I saw that 'look' in his eyes... We decided to just  let the disease run it's course and watch for the moment...
when a pet parent makes the most difficult decision there is to make, euthanization. They say, the greatest love is that of letting go; releasing that loved one to do what needs to be done for their sake. May 25 th of 2013. He is forever in my heart and thoughts... those we truly love never leave us.
         Maggie, is named after my late mother's dearest friend, Margaret. She came to us and Mike from our vet's  back in 2004. She was one of a litter of original 6  un-weaned kittens abandoned on the office doorstep at just 3 mos. The vet took them in, bottle fed them inoculated them and kept them in a cage just off the reception area. I met Maggie when I stopped in to pay Mike's bill; heard the mewing and got nosey. And, there, like deja vu, was a cage of 5 kittens crammed up front with one little lonely girl in the back. Silent and beguiling me with her emerald green eyes that said, " Take me...home, with you."  I asked for her and we cuddled on the sofa. Like Mike, she crawled up to my shoulder, nuzzled my cheek.  I called my husband, a corporate pilot who  had just landed in Boston. I told him about Maggie and he said ' Just this once."  After three months to gain more weight and strength and spaying, Maggie the Cat came home with me. After a rocky start, both she and Mike became pals .Many a night between 2 and 3:30 am they could be heard playing soccer with a tinkle ball.
           Maggie is settling into her inherited  position of Queen of the house and mistress of all she surveys while gazing out the windows on either floor. She has filled the position left vacant by Mike, most well indeed...this little  sweet with an attitude cat who can hold a conversation better than any human. My little 'girl' who never leaves my side.
           Inclosing, I've been a pet parent to cats for over 30 yrs. and this species, house kitty or lion, tiger or panther, never, never ceases to amaze me!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 01:45:54 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

jicaji

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »

Phyliz....Your kitties are absolutely beautiful.  We have had 6 rescue cats over the 45 years we have been married.  Oh yes, I should also say my husband is allergic to cats ::) ::) ::)  We also have had two wonderful rescue dogs....My Jesse girl (German shepherd mix)who we had for 18 years and had to euthanize (I KNOW that pain) and now my sweet Rizzo who is a Yorkie/Poo!!  Oh yes, my husband is allergic to dogs too!  He gets his allergy shots every month!!!!

Rescues are THE BEST!!!!

Eaglefanfest....love love BARNEY....He's a cutie pie

Masswatch...Your kitties are sweeties too!!  Love the double paws...my daughter's cat has the same :)  Good luck with them!!!
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

Phyl

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »

I've been  reading through this and looking at the pet pics. What a handsome gallery of kitties and doggies Ah, and not to forget the parakeet either.
Thank you all for sharing them. And, thank you for the opportunity to share my  Mike and Maggie.   ;D

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »

And, now we have a very colorful and well behaved lady parrot!
Thanks for sharing, baz.

#IstandwithEvan

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:06 PM »

Zippo looks like a neat bird.  Loved the caption by Zippo "that doesn't look tropical to me"  :D

masswatch

• Stop enjoy the beauty of nature
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »

Phyliz....Your kitties are absolutely beautiful.  We have had 6 rescue cats over the 45 years we have been married.  Oh yes, I should also say my husband is allergic to cats ::) ::) ::)  We also have had two wonderful rescue dogs....My Jesse girl (German shepherd mix)who we had for 18 years and had to euthanize (I KNOW that pain) and now my sweet Rizzo who is a Yorkie/Poo!!  Oh yes, my husband is allergic to dogs too!  He gets his allergy shots every month!!!!

Rescues are THE BEST!!!!

Eaglefanfest....love love BARNEY....He's a cutie pie

Masswatch...Your kitties are sweeties too!!  Love the double paws...my daughter's cat has the same :)  Good luck with them!!!

jicaji,

Thanks, we love them to pieces and our Black Lab (Odin) he's 11 yrs old loves them also.  Animals just bring so much joy!!
Masswatch  (Diane)

Mom (Love Her)
Dad (THE BEST - Forever in my Prayers)
Eagle Member April 2011

"Those Who Place Everything in God's Hands Eventually See God's Hands In Everything".

eaglefanfest

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2014, 09:33:17 AM »

;D ;DThis is Bella, my little rescue dog.  I have had her since March 2009.  She is part mini
schnauzer & chihuahua, can't you tell ;)  She is a lap dog and loves to be cuddled.  I urge everybody to get your next best friend from a shelter.lter ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:34:51 AM by eaglefanfest »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »

;D ;DThis is Bella, my little rescue dog.  I have had her since March 2009.  She is part mini
schnauzer & chihuahua, can't you tell ;)  She is a lap dog and loves to be cuddled.  I urge everybody to get your next best friend from a shelter ;D

eaglefanfest, Bella is beautiful! and so obviously a loving little cuddle-puppy... I can just see her cute spirit in that pic. Thanks for sharing!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

jicaji

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »

Eaglefanfest.....Bella looks like a real sweetie and I totally agree......ADOPT a pet.....Don't shop!!!!

Love love all these beautiful pictures.

Found this quote, which I wholeheartedly believe.....

"Until one has loved an animal..part of their soul remains unawakened."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:35:12 PM by jicaji »
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

Phyl

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »

Bella is a cutie.
If we all adopt from shelters then the puppie and kitten farms will be shut down and so some of the abuse these places cause. >:(
Your quote has always been my mantra over the past 30+ years. Thanks for sharing with this thread. ;D

#IstandwithEvan

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
    • Carol's Castle of Hopes and Dreams
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »

Eaglefanfest.....Bella looks like a real sweetie and I totally agree......ADOPT a pet.....Don't shop!!!!

Love love all these beautiful pictures.

I love the pictures too of all babies- :)

Thank you all for posting-it's so much fun to see who everyone spends their time with.

jicaji

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:36:20 PM by jicaji »

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »

Here's what my pups do while I chat with y'all about our eagles...
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

Phyl

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »

Thanks for the pics of your babies. They are jealous...and want to share in your life.  ;D   
  What would we do without our  feline and canine friends? Give 'em a pat on the head for me.

#IstandwithEvan
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up