Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 543747 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6285 on: June 22, 2023, 11:47:38 PM »

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 01:33:21 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6286 on: June 23, 2023, 05:57:24 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  64 F  with High 83F sunny, Low 63F  clear.

Prayers  for Misty's kittens,  goodness and love surrounds them  all the days of their lives in a forever home.

{{{Lisa, Misty, kittens, Jeff}}}

E4E  I never had a 'ViewMaster' but my girlfriend did.

Sweet post Lori

Karen the  world just isn't right if the 'do' is all wrong

Lani  cool GN  w/light bulb rather 'srueal; thank you for adding Misty/kittens to your prayer list---I was gonna ask you to do so.  Tks for Puffin report.

BL  good Van Morrison/Moody Blues

CLynn luved Munchkin photos, Sweet Mama Otrter and baby and all; I ris is a strong woman and  some men don't like strong

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 06:20:59 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6287 on: June 23, 2023, 06:07:15 AM »

Looking in on Two Harbors nest...

Jun 23, 2023 6:00 AM
Camera Time: Jun 23, 2023 3:59 AM PDT

Jun 22, 2023 8:39 PM
Camera Time: Jun 22, 2023 6:39 PM PDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6288 on: June 23, 2023, 06:16:28 AM »

And a peek at the GSBFalcons - Cliff View

Couldn't tell you whose who - not a good view of bands.
But, all have fledge as of yesterday with Alice's leaveing the nest box.

Jun 23, 2023 6:08 AM
Camera Time: Jun 23, 2023 6:08 AM CDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6289 on: June 23, 2023, 06:17:59 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Where are golden Eagles 733 and 834?
 June 22, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/22/where-are-golden-eagles-733-and-834/

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6290 on: June 23, 2023, 06:39:49 AM »

Good Morning...

It's World Giraffe Day, today.

kbshcb

« Reply #6291 on: June 23, 2023, 07:10:00 AM »

BL -

In 2005 Scott was crushed and burned by 2,500 pounds on his chest...work injury.

In the ICU burn ward of HCMC I played his favorite song "Into the Mystic" often....He was on a ventilator in induced coma but the nurses said to talk with him and hold his hand and I did while playing this song.

This song creates strong memories for me and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks. :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6292 on: June 23, 2023, 07:24:53 AM »

GOOD MORNING

64  heading to 84   Poor air quality today 110  Hazy.

KB  The shelters we looked into were "private" not county.  This particular shelter had only cats.

PHYL  Hope you got a good nights sleep despite the crazies.   Love the AM pic of the very creative camp site.  Good pic of the of the falcons together.  Thanks for Amy's great blog on the goldens.  Love learning something new.

LANI  Intriguing good night pic

BL  Moody Blues - in my top 5.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:27:22 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6293 on: June 23, 2023, 07:35:36 AM »

And a peek at the GSBFalcons - Cliff View

Couldn't tell you whose who - not a good view of bands.
But, all have fledge as of yesterday with Alice's leaveing the nest box.

Jun 23, 2023 6:08 AM
Camera Time: Jun 23, 2023 6:08 AM CDT

Precious photo!  Their mama would be so proud of them (and Newman)  ((Savanna))  thank you for posting. :)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6294 on: June 23, 2023, 07:54:26 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, what a cute camp site! My sister and I had a View Master, I remember thinking how wonderful it was looking at the pictures! Great pic of three of the GSB kids! Anthony will soon be out of sight... it's sad but also wonderful... That was a stiff drink you made last night! What's been going on? Thanks for Amy's Blog, very interesting about the Golden Eagles RRP is tracking!

BL, stellar music picks! 

Lani, I agree about Iris! And maybe she is enjoying being the single woman she is! She can out fish any male osprey! Has Aly heard anything yet? Cool good night picture!

Adoption fees at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa (where we got Honey and Harley):  https://www.arl-iowa.org/adopt/adoption-process/

Lisa, you and Jeff should be very proud of how you have fostered the kittens! You have cuddled, loved and played with them, just what they needed to be able to go to homes to grow up and be loved by children and others who need to share their love... and who doesn't love a kitten? So don't be too sad for too long, you have taught them what they need and now they are graduating!

kb, I remember watching the big ships when we lived in Duluth. Back then you could ride on the Aerial Lift Bridge as it lifted and then from the top watch the ship pass through. Lots of iron ore and grain ships.  Isn't it something, how a song can take you to a time and place...  Love the giraffes!

tsk, Ed's brother Mike was going through everything in their Mom's house after she passed away in 2011 and found many things tucked away here and there. She was kind of a hoarder, (that is where Ed gets the trait!) He found a brand new, in the box Sunbeam Electric Skillet in Harvest Gold. He asked me if I wanted it and I now have it!

Lori, lots of fun summer pictures!

tsk, ice cream! It's ICE CREAM weather! Our high for today: 91 I have 5 containers of Tillamook ice cream in the freezer!

karen's Finch nest!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #6295 on: June 23, 2023, 08:54:35 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Thank you for all the {{{ }}} and the ((( ))).  The kittens were brought to AC at 8am, and I was a blubbering fool, and have been since I left.  AC told me they would keep me informed, and I could also follow up to see if any get adopted.  Misty has been walking the house looking for them, so I hope as the day and night goes on, she will realize they are no longer here.  She isn't whining or meowing, just looking. So, I guess that is a good thing. 

tsk - I think the prices for adoptions at the different County Animal Shelters vary from county to county.  I wonder since we are a smaller county is the reason ours are kinda cheaper. Mmm, that banana split look good!

kb - I looked up the price of dogs for adoptions at AC, and its $140.  I am guessing the rescue places charge more for animals cause maybe they don't get funding from the county like at AC does? 

Phyl - Hope you have a better day today. Thanks for the prayers for the kitties!  Love the GSB pic. 

E4E - Thanks for the kind PM.   :-*

Lani - Love your good night pic. 

BL - Good tunes!

Lori - Morning  :)

clynn - Thanks for the kind words.  I see your adoption fees are similar to ours. Aww, look at karen's finch nest.  I think I see a couple heads in there.

kbshcb

« Reply #6296 on: June 23, 2023, 09:03:23 AM »

Hmm...Lisa that sounds about right...

I'll have to find out how much cats go for 'round here...it also could just be Minnesota charges more across the board?

When I read the charge for cats in your areas I thought to myself...how come we charge so much?

Clynn - oh my...don't think I'd want to ride that lift bridge to the up position.......

I missed my opportunity to walk Ollie...I even woke up early at 5:30 for it, but by the time I was done drinking coffee etc., it was already 75 before 7am....sorry Ollie...

kbshcb

« Reply #6297 on: June 23, 2023, 09:11:47 AM »

I will surely need to mow after this weekend's predicted rain. Will be 14 days since last mow on Sunday.

I held off to give the grass some "breathing room" with all this heat.

Big however, not much later than Sunday as it's now impossible to find the poo left in the grass when I mow:I will need to wear old tennis shoes, LOL, and secondly, Ollie is finding it harder to lift his leg to pee in the tall grass.....he's low to the ground..

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6298 on: June 23, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »

Clynn - I used to love cooking on an electric skillet although it was a newer model than your picture - it finally just gave out sometime in the late 80's!

Phyl - Well said to LisaG yesterday - very nice. :)    Love the camping scene - I want to be there! Lol  8)   Beautiful cam pics.   Thank you for Amy's blog. :)

Tig - All of those are still essential kitchen equipment! ;D

Kb - Awesome pic of the fleet in Duluth MN!  Precious giraffe pic!   I remember you mentioning the crushing injury that happened to Scott, so sorry he had to endure such a catastrophy. :( :o

Tsk - Was the fee you paid for Lulu inclusive of spaying & all shots?

Clynn - Like your morning gifs!  Yum - lots of good ice cream at your house! ;D

Karen & Clynn - Thank you for posting Karen's finch nest!

LisaG - You are not a blubbering fool - you couldn't help but get attached and love those sweet kittens {{Lisa}}  I'm sure the AC will screen the applications carefully and choose the best forever homes for each kitten.   Good that the AC will keep in touch.

Beakers have a nice day.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6299 on: June 23, 2023, 09:40:13 AM »

bounce

I visited the Y this a.m. for a "jaunt" on the recumbent bike. (I had to do a quick step to get to the garage while avoiding the garden sprinkling). I found a bunch of older folks/friends in the pool! This is remarkable since the heater has been broken for weeks. BRR. Last I heard the water is only 78 degrees. Now that my arm has healed I guess I better join them next week.
KB - Clynn - yes, I rode the bridge several times when I was a kid.
Ollie - tickle, tickle. LOL. I plan to mow on Monday.

(( Phyl ))
Hi E4E !
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)