Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490074 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6300 on: June 23, 2023, 10:37:09 AM »

Bounce!
Bro n SIL were on local TV this a.m. with their pick up band... for the back to the 50s cannula car show. Fun!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6301 on: June 23, 2023, 11:15:41 AM »

CLYNN  For sure it is ice cream weather  ;D     I have to sneak it as we can't have it in the house with Tim's diabetes.  So on occasion I sneak a DQ or Culvers  :o ::)  Thanks for posting Karen's finch nest :)

LISA  Awww.  Maybe get busy and shop or something to get your mind off of them for a bit?

KB  I got out early - about 7:30 to weed  -Was nice and cool with a breeze.  :)

EAGLES  Yes - Only $100 and Tim and I couldn't believe it.  We actually got her for a month trial before we paid any fee - Never heard of that before.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6302 on: June 23, 2023, 12:19:30 PM »

tsk, scoop that ice cream out into another container and label it something Tim doesn't like, then scoot it to the back of the freezer and put stuff in front of it. Where there's a will, there's a way!  ;D ;D ;D

tig, I read that there was some kind of accident in the early 80's and a woman died, and that's when they closed the lift to passengers. But I couldn't find anything about what happened.

Lisa, you need to go shopping for things for that baby that is coming! Shopping!

E4E, my Mom uses her electric skillet all the time, mostly instead of cooking on the grill. She doesn't cook on the grill at all, and Dad didn't much. We wear our grills out cooking on them, although these last few years Ed can't handle it if it's too hot out. So I got one of those smokeless indoor grills, but of course, I haven't tried it yet.  ::)

EagleCAM - June 20 Great news - we welcomed  SE32 at 17:48 (as near as we could see). Lady was sitting on the first egg, she shuffled and huffed a little and we noticed  the first sign of lay beginning at 17:44. Quick work with the egg first observed around 17:48.  There was 75h17m between the 2 eggs. The eagles again used a strategy of delaying incubation, leaving the first egg uncovered for a considerable time initially, then increasing incubation as the second egg approached.

Woman Discovers Old Suitcase on Train Tracks, Opens It and Unveils the Most Amazing Thing Ever
https://thenewsvolcano.com/woman-discovers-old-suitcase-on-train-tracks-opens-it-and-unveils-the-most-amazing-thing-ever/

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6303 on: June 23, 2023, 03:25:03 PM »

CLYNN    I have done that - A small DQ blizzard buried under frozen food at the back of the bottom shelf of  the freezer.  He would not bend that far to get anything LOL ;) ;)   I only read the story about the suitcase on the tracks because you would not have put it here if there was a bad ending.  So glad they were rescued - How do people do that?
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6304 on: June 23, 2023, 03:33:11 PM »

bounce

Had the cut n style today, so here ya go...

And... IT IS RAINING!!!  I just made it home in time!!!

WooHoo
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6305 on: June 23, 2023, 03:37:24 PM »

bounce

Had the cut n style today, so here ya go...

And... IT IS RAINING!!!  I just made it home in time!!!

WooHoo

Lucky you....here it's a nada.

Way to go.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6306 on: June 23, 2023, 03:54:55 PM »

kb - Sorry that you missed your walk with Ollie this morning. 

E4E - I am such an animal lover, that I knew I would get attached. :-\

tig - 78°, I bet that water feels great.  I noticed the other day, that our Y looks like it may be finished sometime before next summer - hoping the winter, tho. How cool that your Bro & SIL were on TV.  Cut and style looks great!

tsk - Mmmm, DQ or Culver's, now you have me hankering on a Blizzard! We have been busy cleaning up the room where the kitties were, washing sheets and blankets that we used for them.

clynn - Awww, the suitcase of kitties and Mama.   I do need to get baby some more things.   ;D

I got word earlier from AC, that all the kitties did great today, and were in recovery!  That made me very happy to hear. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6307 on: June 23, 2023, 04:32:29 PM »

Tnx Lisa... Glad kitties are ok
Well... the rain lasted about 5 minutes. Fun while it lasted. Hoping for more the next 2 days.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6308 on: June 23, 2023, 04:33:52 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Clynn, the kids were so cute in their pics this week!  :-*

Good article, dated Feb. 4, 2023, with several old pictures, about the Duluth Ship Canal's Lift Bridge, with fun remembrances, dates of related lift bridge events, and accidents. Tip: You can read it for free if you don't try to open it in a "private" browser page, like I first did.  ;) Love the old pictures and stories in it!!

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/local/northlandia-once-upon-a-time-you-could-ride-aerial-lift-bridge-for-quarter - Northlandia: Once upon a time, you could ride Aerial Lift Bridge for quarter

((Lisa)) ((Jeff)), y'all did great! So did Misty and Bandit.  :) :-* :-* :-* Those kittens are all healthy, well-socialized to people and multiple adult cats, and have had a great start on readiness for transitioning to their forever homes, thanks to all you and Jeff did for them. Hugs all around.  :-*

Karen, good pic of your finch nest with babies. I had thought you said it was on your roof. Glad to see it's in the corner/alcove under your roof... lots of cover from storms.  Are there any potted plants near the nest, or shrubs close by, for the babies to fledge to and have cover after they first leave the nest?

Lani, fingers crossed for Aly and Dewey to get the house near the playground. I hope they don't end up in the smelly house... sometimes smelly homes have smells that you can't get rid of - mold, animal pee forever in the wood or walls, etc. Ick. LOL.

Tsk, glad your PT is not too far off now... hate it's so late in the day though.

Phyl, LOL, hope a few sips helped. I make my vodka and cranberry in the opposite proportions to yours!  ;)

OG, it's always fun after a bunch of rounds of bad cards to get that giant killer-good round! Hate it won't work for you to go to ATF this year.

E4E, how's the shed project coming along?

Lori, fun summertime cats and dogs!  :D  I always love that one of the dog chasing the cat to the edge of the pool, and then the cat jumps onto the surf board and rides it to the other side of the pool and hops off, as the dog sits and just watches.   ;D

Waving to Tig, Puff, KB, BL, and All the Beakers!  :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 05:01:09 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6309 on: June 23, 2023, 05:38:19 PM »

Oops... I forgot to mention I got my 2nd Shingrix vaccine Wednesday - only had a little soreness at the injection site, and no other symptoms. Yay! I got the 1st Shingrix vaccine 2 months ago, and didn't have any other symptoms with it either. So that is all done now. Yay. And yay! I also got most, but not all, of my lab reports back from seeing my doctor this past Monday, for trying to find out if I had a uti. The quick dipstick test they did while I was there was all normal. So they sent some out for a culture, and I'm still waiting for a call-back on those results. They prescribed 7 days of Keflex (cephalexin). And they did CBC and CMP blood panels. I got a call-back on those results a couple days ago, and they were all normal. When they called to give me those blood test results, they said, "You're very healthy!"  :D :D :D  So funny... Anyway, so that was good. Meanwhile, my uti symptoms are gone, Yay! And, Woot! eee-vennn. So now I'm just finishing my 7 days of antibiotic, and curious and waiting to find out what the results of the culture were.

Have a good evening, Beakers! Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 05:43:53 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6310 on: June 23, 2023, 07:02:24 PM »

TIG   Looks cute.  I've seen a lot of purple highlighting done of late.

LISA  How did you put the right name to each cat for them - A tag on their collar?

BAZI   First visit late in day - Others are morning for the most part.   YAY on the blood work - Bet the culture will be fine as well.  :-*
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6311 on: June 23, 2023, 07:10:49 PM »

Tsk - I had collars on one of the tabby’s and one of the black ones, cause we had a hard time telling them apart.  The rest look different, so I knew who was who.  When I took the kitties for the 2nd round of shots, I gave AC their names, and they took their pics and microchipped them that day.

Baz - Thanks for the kind words.  I am glad to hear you are feeling better from your UTI.  I had a sore arm too from that 2nd Shingles shot.

Tig - Thanks 😊

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6312 on: June 23, 2023, 08:01:46 PM »

Folks just did my own mani and paint job---it's picture perfect!!  OPIs 'Grandma Kissed a Gaucho".
Being careful right now.
When dry gonna make two pizzas---pepperoni, mushrooms over mozzerella on regular crust. Then an olive with stuffed green and blak Kalamatra olives loads of feta and olive oil on a buttered crust.  Green salad and vino or brew.

Prayers  for Misty's kittens,  goodness and love surrounds them  all the days of their lives in a forever home.

{{{Kb}}} sweet giraffe and 'baby'; Jim'a gonna mow Tues. pm

Tsk  those ice cream sundaes and Banana Split look  so 'sinful'.
Easy to agree w/ you on Lisa needing to shop for the Grand baby to easy her sadness

Hi Lori looking forward to your posts about theGSB eyaeses

CLynn  Jim is exasperating ! And I always wondered how Faye put up with  him as a little boy---
Luv your greetindfs today.  Don't you still have Harley with you?   Sinful ice cream treets  :o
Tks for posting Karens' finches.  :-*

{{{Lisa}}}  you're no 'fool'---no one here is that'  ;) :-*  But I understand what you mean.
Maybe you should cuddle Misty and talk to her about the kittens and why they're gone, give her a lil hug and kiss on the forehead. Cats are suprizing

E4E yes. i'd luv to be in that camping scene; nice litle dragon fly; When we got Mike from Nashville Humane Society we paid just $60 for his neutering and shots---30 yrs ago

Tig   very nice cut. Can hardly see the 'hi-lights'  which is nice to have a 'hint' of color.    How  8) was that for your Bro/SIl

CLynn
tks for the Eagle Cam photo/updatre   Suitcase on tracks OMG ! so relieved all will be alright.

Lisa Many thanks for update on kittens.  ;)  So glad the news made you feel a bit happier

bazi Good luck with the Shingrix vax---walk in the park for us as was CoVid.  Yikes a UTI---glad you're recovered.  I've never had one---how do people get those?
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6313 on: June 23, 2023, 08:02:05 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6314 on: June 23, 2023, 08:15:29 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

June 23, 2023: Peregrine Falcon Alice has Fledged!
 June 23, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/23/june-23-2023-peregrine-falcon-alice-has-fledged/

#IstandwithEvan