Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478858 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10140 on: October 13, 2023, 04:08:12 PM »

Happy Birthday Nanimal

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

T40cfr403

« Reply #10141 on: October 13, 2023, 04:33:15 PM »

T40
Yeah, those words aren't in the lyrics to "Seven Bridges Road"..although I love the harmony on that song of the Eagles..also none of the Eagles band members had Native American Heritage.
so much for chat gpt ;D ;D

kb - My thoughts exactly on Chat GPT!
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #10142 on: October 13, 2023, 04:58:52 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712943794340217058

Just wow!..this California Condor when being released decided to show off his huge wings!

LisaG1967

« Reply #10143 on: October 13, 2023, 05:27:15 PM »

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10144 on: October 13, 2023, 05:45:53 PM »

BL  thank you...I'd be nervous sleeping in proximity to volcano. What a journey  --- The adventures you've had--- ;)

T40 concur with you on  Chat GPT

CLynn True...I too heard that " The Eagle s     today' referring to payday---from Dad, my brothers and Jim---who also refers to the Soc Sec payday the exact same way.  ;D  Pretty autumn floral. 
Edinburgh, Scotland---Well Court in Dean Village?

Tsk
Oh how was the dinner tonight?   

Lori yummy cake for Nan; thought about the 13th and how that stuff always comes in 3s---thanks for making it more 'festive'. Nice reminder for Breast Cancer Awareness-thank you.

Oldguy that decadent chocolate BD cake for Nan  ;)

KB tks enjoyed the video on The Cali Condor.  Turly awesome wingspan.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 07:37:11 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10145 on: October 13, 2023, 06:13:57 PM »

LISA   We all ate well  ;D    Tim will eat my leftover Weiner Schnitzel, German potato salad and cucumber salad for his dinner.  He had Sauerbraten and red cabbage and spätzle and ate it all.  I had a beer as well which meant a bit of a nap later in the day  LOL

KB  Wow  That condor was really strutting his stuff.  Perfect poses for all to see.  ;D   What a huge bird.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #10146 on: October 13, 2023, 07:35:51 PM »

A "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #10147 on: October 13, 2023, 09:24:22 PM »

I've never been much of a Photog from day 1 of my true outdoor adventures starting at age 4.

My Grandfather who really turned me onto the great outdoors is rolling in his grave at me saying this. Sorry Pappy.
Picture a want to be a Ansel Adams with a Kodak Brownie camera and/or much larger equipment.

~ come on Pappy lets see whats on the other side of the mountain ~

Rolling his eyes he'd say slow down kiddo someday you'll get it _ stop and smell the roses _

Unfortunately I've only just begun to appreciate his truly savvy advise and slow down a bit and just stand and look from on high. 

The act of taking pictures in the wild is just not all that enjoyable to me.
I feel it unnecessarily pauses my travel flow and detracts from the 360° view my eyes and other 4 senses are already recording.

I've never smelled, felt the sticky sap, heard the wind whisper or tasted a pine nut from a photograph of a pine tree. Just saying.

I have 2 ocular 3 dimensional cameras mounted on a 360° swivel (my 2 feet) hard wired into my brain and so far the vistas are all recoverable, some day they probably won't be, but by then who cares anyway.

The attached pictures below are not mine.
They will give you a very good idea of the valley however.

They are mostly Amber Johnson's pictures from her similar outing there 7 years ago.
https://amberejohnson.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/valley-of-10000-smokes-traverse/

Thank you sweetie for the awesome transport assist !
Some people rock & some people roll to emulate both takes gumption.   

There is a small hermetically sealed object arriving directory from the VoTTS floor, an object that will for sure crack U all up.     

Next. BL.

U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #10148 on: October 13, 2023, 11:40:04 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

It has been a wet 3 days here - total of Wed, Thur and Fri is 1.5 inches - temps have been in the upper 50s.  Iowa plays at Madison Wis. tomorrow - it is going to be wet and cold in the morning, but rain to end by 1 with a 3pm start.  On Sunday the Iowa Women Basketball will be playing an Exhibition game in the Stadium - 50,000 tickets have been sold - mostly cloudy and temps in the low 50s.

The latest Kilauea activity only lasted 6 days and contained within the crater.  Iceland is showing signs of another breakout...
The Magma is at a Depth of About 10 km Now - Eruption Before Christmas?    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqdEwcw0hA

WORLD RECORD Kapla Tower Collapse (*BREATHTAKING*)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xNWOtXDMAI

Home Free is back from their European tour.  New video release today - done in the style of Sha Na Na...
Sha Na Na~Blue Moon   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8eh0SGjVl0
Home Free - Oh, Pretty Woman   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1xE9G2lBDc

Quarantine Kids play "Jessie's Girl"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdNzfTf22L4
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 11:42:37 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10149 on: October 14, 2023, 12:50:54 AM »

BL, you've traveled through another world. Beautiful photos. I'm in awe of the beauty of the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes (looked it up). It reminds me of the Big Island, lush, green on one side of the island then you drive through Hilo and come to the volcanos. A whole other world in another time.... I never knew of this Alaska, as Amber Johnson wrote "it's like walking on the moon". But to me, it would be more... You must have felt like you were the first explorers. I would  ;D . I often would watch the Dumpling Mountain cam and wonder what was the area like. Sometimes you could see bears alone, or mama bears with the cubs or yearlings making their trek to their winter dens. No green trees or lush ground, just rugged landscape. And I wondered. Oh my, what an adventure you have had. No photograph could capture what you saw, breathed, touched or felt. Your grandfather's right.... Thank you for sharing, looking forward to the next  ;D

Lori, beautiful birthday cake and card for Nanimal. I love a good carrot cake and this one is especially delicious! Nanimal will love it.  :-*
I knew it was Friday, and it was the 13th, but I didn't think of it being Friday the 13th!! LOL!! Love Destini! and all your 13th pics!  ;D

Kb, Happy 247th birthday to the Navy!  ;D ... gorgeous Condor, and I did not realize how big they are, and stunning wingspan, beautiful feathers. Look at him strutting  ;D

Clynn, Edinburgh, Scotland is on my bucket list.... Besides "I will not talk in class" I also wrote "I will not chew gum during school."

Oldguy, Oh, I'll have a piece of Nanimal's cake too! YUM!  ;D ... Love Sha na na  ;D ... Thanks for volcanos update.... I don't know Pretty Woman by RO is still the Best! But, Home Free does a great version of the song. Fun weekend for Iowa this weekend! I hope the weather improves.  :)

Tsk, delicious lunch, and a nap too!  ;)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10150 on: October 14, 2023, 05:14:18 AM »

Kitty and Mouse
       by Anonymous
Once there was a little kitty,
White as the snow;
In a barn he used to frolic,
Long time ago.
In the barn a little mousie
Ran to and fro;
For she heard the little kitty,
Long time ago.
Two black eyes had little kitty,
Black as a crow;
And they spied the little mousie,
Long time ago.
Four soft paws had little kitty,
Paws soft as snow;
And they caught the little mousie,
Long time ago.
Nine pearl teeth had little kitty,
All in a row;
And they bit the little mousie,
Long time ago.
When the teeth bit little mousie,
Mousie cried out “Oh!”
But she slipped away from kitty,
Long time ago.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10151 on: October 14, 2023, 05:15:38 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !   

Currently 54    High 63F heavy rain  Low 50 F rain.

Tsk a delicious German dinner,  not unlike Tig/Camper's--did you get that 'nap'?  ;)

BL thanks for sharing  Amber Johnson's  enjoyable pictures from her own similar 'outing'.  Nice memories of your grand dad and you

Oldguy tks for Q-Kids;  latest Kilauea activity; lotsa rain for you; and tunes

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10152 on: October 14, 2023, 05:21:58 AM »

Really sweet shorty of a video   :-*
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963937748194/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10153 on: October 14, 2023, 05:23:08 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #10154 on: October 14, 2023, 07:18:56 AM »

360 degree swivel mount of feet - cute

Did my mountain hiking in Rockies when young and ill equipped.  No good? shoes for walking much less hiking.  Probably why I've sported knee replacements now for 25-30 years.

Growing up in snow - people don't do downhill that much.  Lots more cross country; slower and more scenery to soak in.   Zipping and zooming for the snow novices.

One pic I really enjoyed BTW was the shadow shot of the three reindeer against the surface of the snow.   OH WAIT!  That was three creative homo sapiens.
I do appreciate your day-by-day and snippets BL, nice touch adding additions by Amber.  (Did you see the packs on their back?) Pass. . . . .

Pics are/were great--but I like a more urgent drive to feel the areas.  Photos are not the ultimate, but they do start  the cerebal juices flowing.  Ole body quivers when I even mention hiking now.   ;D

Don't recollect ever seeing a snap of the real Mt.Katmai; don't even recall mention of a for-real Mt. Katmai.
Another good capture was the waterfall and surrounding terrain of the valley.  Unique.
Also liked at the end where time (and wind) forced ? the time to rest and reflect.  Or, as my motto urges, to sit and ENJOY!

Lani I remembered and wondered about Friday, 13th, no mentions.  Guess too many other things are filling the airwaves and our thoughts.  The pleasant things in life should not be ignored.

My brother Ed was born November, Friday 13, passed December, 2021.

P