Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478624 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5070 on: May 18, 2023, 06:21:02 AM »

Checking in on Savanna and the Quartet

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Camera Time: May 18, 2023 6:16 AM CDT
Birchwoman

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5071 on: May 18, 2023, 06:22:07 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Where did our eagle parents go?
May 17, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/05/17/where-did-our-eagle-parents-go/

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5072 on: May 18, 2023, 06:51:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - Cute pics of Bella last night.  Remember those cars in the 90's that was sort of like what you posted, and you could camp in it.  I think it was called an Aztec.  So sorry to hear about Olivia's husband. 

tsk - Oh, gotcha on the indoor plants...not an indoor plant person.  I can't even get flowers anymore from Jeff since we got Bandit, as he likes to eat them!  Yes, the potted plants are alot better for the knees  :D

Phyl - That's a good idea...fake plants out in the garden!

karen - I did read something in my literature from AC about, mama cat will start to back off on nursing when they get their lil teeth. 

oldguy - Thanks for the video.  I will definitely miss the kitties when they are gone.  I say almost daily I am keeping them all, and then I saw to myself...ARE YOU NUTS!  ;D

BL - Are you glamping in a Yurt?

Lani - Awww, sweet Millie!

Puff - Morning  :)

Will check back later....still have a headache that won't go away.  When I went to pre-op appt the doc said, that my left tube was hanging out.  Now, I am wondering if it has come all the way out and is the reason for headache and all this sinus pressure again.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5073 on: May 18, 2023, 07:39:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, well, I bet you learned a lot when you looked up Bone Gap! Grandma & Grandpa lived in rural Bone Gap all of my childhood, a big frame house with asphalt shingles. An outhouse (inside plumbing came in 1960. They had a barn and a cow named Bessie. And always a couple of pigs, as well as a lot of chickens. They sold most of the eggs to the grocery store. Also a huge garden! They didn't have to buy much at the store. They had pork and chick on their little farm and I think they got beef from the locker. Mom is the oldest (89 in Nov.) of their 4 kids, she was born in 1934. All born during the depression. Sorry, I rambled on... ::) Oh, Sweet Millie! I am going to the Nursery tomorrow, I still need my coleus for the deck! And I think I still have some $$ on a gift card!

baz, plants are like meds, too many names! My garden helper is going to start in the next couple of days! Can't wait!

Phyl, oh my, I remember the gum wrapper chains, that's what we called them! Junior High, 1964-65. They were supposed to be as tall as your boyfriend! I made several, prized were the wrappers from the Fruit Stripe gum! Oh those sweet GSB babies! Thanks for the Blog, DH2 looking so pretty!

Lisa, so sorry you are in such discomfort, I would bet that your ear tube coming out has a lot to do with it. Which is good, they can fix that. Just wish they could understand the pain and get to it sooner!  I know the feeling, you want all the kitties! I want all of them too!

oldguy, lots of good links, still going through them!

Sue Bruhling - Two Pictures that need no caption! ❤ HD/Dude & Princess DH2 ❤ ❤ ❤ Love! Love! Love! ❤
Decorah Hatchery Decorah Eagles  - Sue Bruhling - Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your Pictures with us! ❤

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 08:17:58 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5074 on: May 18, 2023, 07:42:42 AM »

GOOD MORNING

47 heading to 74  sunny  :)  Rain moving in tomorrow

PUFF   Have heard of Wannamakers but have never been there.  Googled it - Looks like it has everything!

OLDGUY   Great that the Maryland couple was able to fight the HOA  Will catch up on the rest later..

BAZI  My yard needs rain too.  Officially we are 3" behind already.  Puff wouldn't agree  LOL

PHYL  Back when, I had friends who made those necklaces/bracelets

LISA   Nice bright AM photo  :)  (((((LISA)))))

CLYNN  Great memory on the gum wrapper chains  :o

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5075 on: May 18, 2023, 07:57:13 AM »

A melanistic Fox.....so pretty...but,one of the rarest animals on the planet....so don't expect to see one live.

Clynn - Ollie is fine/normal/serene on the way home...same vehicle, same kennel, and route....go figure.

Lisa - Oh I bet you are counting down the days to Monday...

Lani - I hope Aly has found somewhere to live?

going to throw some garden soil on top of some grass seed and walk Ollie before potential rainfall this morning.....Later.

Puff

« Reply #5076 on: May 18, 2023, 09:49:37 AM »

GOOD MORNING

47 heading to 74  sunny  :)  Rain moving in tomorrow

PUFF   Have heard of Wannamakers but have never been there.  Googled it - Looks like it has everything!

OLDGUY   Great that the Maryland couple was able to fight the HOA  Will catch up on the rest later..

BAZI  My yard needs rain too.  Officially we are 3" behind already.  Puff wouldn't agree  LOL

PHYL  Back when, I had friends who made those necklaces/bracelets

LISA   Nice bright AM photo  :)  (((((LISA)))))

CLYNN  Great memory on the gum wrapper chains  :o

Rain does seem to be unfair so far this season, tsk.  Was hoping I'd get a visit from sprinkling system guy this week.   However. . . .

Wanna has too many things I wanna.  Also they have a lot of my $$$  LOL
Laughed a bit too loud checking out yesterday.  Person in front turned to see "what" was funny.  Sad, but still funny.  Ton would come to help pack up the hotrod / lift heavy things.  Sometimes he'd wait in car cuz I took so long (always).  So, what was funny???   Just thought if he was up there watching I'd have him floating on down when he saw my collection of "stuff".  OK THAT'S ENOUGH ALREADY!!  I could hear him yell.   ;D   Might be a way to see my guy one more time.  (Not that I'd stop)

P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 09:59:11 AM by Puff »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5077 on: May 18, 2023, 10:03:46 AM »

Croc-a-doodle doo! ‘Tis the season for eggs, even if this one isn’t eggsactly what you were expecting to see. 🥚An adult Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus) might be a powerful predator, but it starts its life as a tiny hatchling—emerging from an egg that weighs only 4 oz (0.1 kg). Mother crocs lay clutches of nearly 60 eggs in underground nests, guarding them for up to 14 weeks. Fun fact: Nest temperature has a direct effect on the sex of baby crocs. Females hatch from cooler eggs, below 88° F (31° C), while males hatch from warmer eggs!
Photo: Veronik80000, CC BY-SA 4.0, Wikimedia Commons

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, stunning fox, look at those eyes, it says "I know I'm gorgeous"  ;D ... talons crossed for another home rental that popped up yesterday, Aly immediately answered the post... talons crossed. If she doesn't find anything before she leaves next weekend, she'll rent an Airbnb.

Tsk, we had a late afternoon/early evening hail and thunderstorm go through our area. The forest smells delicious this morning.  ;D

Clynn, love the whimsical planter chair! I loved reading your memory of Bone Gap, your grandparents and their life there. Those are special memories filled with love. Takes me back to memories of being with my maternal grandparents too.  :-* .... agree with your comment to Baz, names I wouldn't and couldn't remember if I tried.... I made many gum wrapper and ribbon leis.... Beautiful purple ribbon leis were given out to this past year's executive board at state convention last week. Love your morning pics.... precious pic of DHDad and eaglet, no words are needed for what SMB captured. ... love your morning pics.

{{{Lisa}}}, I would imagine your headache and other issues are related to your ear tube. I'm sorry, you have to wait so long for relief.  :(

Phyl, I made lots of gum wrapper leis... DH2 and GSB family,   :-* .... Thanks for Amy's blog.

{{{Puff}}}  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5078 on: May 18, 2023, 10:14:01 AM »

Overcast;  53 this morning - warming to 69 for our area (always much warmer inland)

Tsk - Read what you mentioned to Clynn, and may I add that my parents were camping folks too, but Dad always pitched a tent!  My Mom cooked on a camp stove too.  As kids, we always loved the camping trips. ;D  I think that's why I love the outdoors and raised my kids with camping & boating. 8)

Karen - Just as you are turning off your water sprinklers, we are turning ours on for the season.  Sadly, I think our rain is gone for a while - none in the forecast.

Phyl - Yes, I had a fun afternoon with my girlfriend here! :)

Kb - Happy that all went well for your Ollie Man at his vet check up!  He sure is healthy!  Glad that Chris accompanied you - I'm sure that helps keep Ollie a little more calm.  :)

Lani - Great pic of Iris and her 'catch of the day'!  Is Aly having any luck in finding a place that she might rent?

LisaG - I sure hope your appt on Monday will bring you fast relief and that you will feel better soon.     I hadn't thought of how Misty might react to her kittens being gone when the time is right for them to be turned over to the AC.  I actually feel sorry for you & Jeff, as you guys can't help but be getting attached to them. ;)  You & Jeff have been exceptional.  :-*

Clynn - What a wonderful lunch you had with your friend, Kelsey & Bella yesterday!  So cute how Bella referred to it as a 'fancy place'  ;D  That is a lot of history with Olivia - sad tho, about her husbands diagnosis.  Love the pics - Bella looked so cute in her little dress!
Thanks for pic of DH2 snoozing - cute!

Phyl - I decided I am not planting anything directly into the ground anymore (trying to simplify & keep it easier).  I planted into Planter pots for the season.  Beautiful pic out at MS River Flyway  :)
I remember my older cousin working on a chain made with gum wrappers - she said she would make it the length of her boyfriend's height. :D
Thank you for all the cam pics.  Thanks for Amy's blog.

Puff - I bet your yard looks nice!  You are always busy with something.  :)   Just read what you said about Lol in line at the store - love the story of how Ton would have reacted to the length of time and all that you would buy!! ;D ;D

OG - Thanks for all the links - I will need to go back to them. ;)   Your weather sounds pretty good.

Baz - Thanks for your research & link to Gaillardia - I have appreciated reading about this Plant here in the Beak. :)

Lani - Like the cute pic of Millie the Puffin.

Kb - Gorgeous fox - I had never heard or seen a pic of one before - Thank you!

Tig - Enjoy your day - whatever you might have on the agenda! :)

Lori - How are you feeling these days? Hope Destini is doing well!

Beakers have a nice day.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5079 on: May 18, 2023, 10:20:30 AM »

bounce
Nice drive, BEs, pizza, sculptures, architecture, mural, bed, shower. Now off toward home and see what else there is to see... in between the raindrops.
TTFN
https://www.cityartmankato.com/tours/silo-art/
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 10:29:19 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5080 on: May 18, 2023, 11:15:11 AM »

PUFF   Fun memory of Tony .  I'd laugh too  ;) ;)

LANI  Interesting croc info - that's cuz females are far "cooler"  LOL   Can imagine that forest smell after rain.

EAGLES  The reason for the pop up tent is that Mom refused to sleep on the ground  LOLOL

TIG   silo art - amazing - Can't have a fear of heights to create that one!

OLDGUY  Claire is amazing with all that she does.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5081 on: May 18, 2023, 11:24:45 AM »

Lani - oh that's great news esp. if it works out and glad she has a back up plan....I do hear it's a tough place to find rentals/homes....like lots of places..

Well, I missed my opportunity to walk and drop garden soil/grass seed...started sprinkling earlier than I thought and now light rain...oh well..another day.

Ollie too seems tired today...if I recall, once a year after his annual heartworm injection this happens....I'll let him hang out on my bed most of the day and tomorrow we will venture out...

Tig - nice murals and incredible artist.....We drove to St. Peter frequently to visit our cousins/Mom's sis..
All of the kids went to Gustavus Adolphus as did my Mom and her sister...
A visit to Mankato wasn't unusual on those trips...and on trips further down the state..

think I'll catch a nap now on this dreary day and after so much frantic outdoor work this past week or so.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5082 on: May 18, 2023, 02:39:51 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I remember making those gum wrapper chains! But I didn't remember making them the length of a boyfriend's height. I remember the fun of making them very long!

Love all the nest cam shots!  :) :-*

(((Lisa))), ugh on the ear tube displacement, your headache and sinus pressure pain, and your fibromyalgia pain, too. I hope the kitties, big and small, can all cheer you some till your procedure this coming Monday.  Once again, I say, "Bring on Monday!"  :)

Take care, Beakers!  :)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:45:09 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #5083 on: May 18, 2023, 05:01:11 PM »

Thanks you all for the ((feel better's))  :-*

oldguy - Yes, agree with clynn, all good links.  I had already read the article in the paper online about the Maryland homeowner and the HOA. I really don't know how Claire does it with all the cats and white carpets!

clynn - I never did make the gum wrapper chains, but I did like that Fruit Stripe gum.  The flavor didn't last long, tho.  ;D  What a cute chair planter. 

tsk - Your weather sounds like ours today.  It was chilly this morning, but has turned out nice. 

kb - Yes, I am...is it Monday, yet?   ;D  Cool looking fox.

((Puff))

Lani - Hope Aly hears something about the rental.

E4E - Thank you  :)

tig - Cool silo art!

Phyl - Thanks, don't I sound like one big ball of a mess?   ;D

Have a good night, everyone! 

Phyl

« Reply #5084 on: May 18, 2023, 06:27:35 PM »

Luv your  colorful Good morning greetying Lisa Teeny-tiny kitten teeth---Ouch!

Clynn my maternal grandparents had a cow named 'Bessie' on their farm in KY. Mom milked her early  AMs. Actually she was milking and squirting milk from the tit into the barn cat's mouthes when my dad first came calling. LOL
Pretty novel garden chair.  Juciy Fruit was popular cud in my 7th grade and up days. I'd keep those wrappers saved up  for the upper class gals that made the chain.
Pictures of you beds when finished?
Tks for Sue's photos--great timing.

Tsk talons crossed for you rain

Bazi you too

KB awesome fox

Puff Too funny----'Wanna has too many things I wanna."   Sweet memory of your Ton.

#IstandwithEvan