Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Puzzles for the Cam Addicts  (Read 211338 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Puzzles for the Cam Addicts
« Reply #2595 on: October 27, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »

Leopard, Chobe National Park, Botswana.  51 Crazy. 5:35 for me.  Gorgeous animal.  Love that expression.  I will keep my distance, however.  ;) :D

Fractal 7 5 1.  41 piece Tetris. 9:51.  That one was tough for me.  :D

Calendar Special 6.   87 piece Crazy. 10:36

S Fractal 1 6 33.  87 piece Crazy.  15:20 11:41.

JP, you posted another great batch of puzzles today.  Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:19:39 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #2596 on: October 28, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »

Don't know if this will work but it's a seasonal attempt at repaying everybirdy for keeping the Cult of the Puzzle going here in the Forum.  Wish I knew how to post pictures, but in the meantime.....Happy Halloween  :o

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D52439A
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

ra

« Reply #2597 on: October 28, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »

Thanks, eburg!  I changed to triangles...   ;)
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #2598 on: October 28, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »

Fun!  I was batty for 8:11

baziunc

« Reply #2599 on: October 28, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »

Don't know if this will work but it's a seasonal attempt at repaying everybirdy for keeping the Cult of the Puzzle going here in the Forum.  Wish I knew how to post pictures, but in the meantime.....Happy Halloween  :o

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D52439A

Bats Jigsaw Puzzle from eburg - http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B7055D52439A - 48-Piece Classic - 4:35 for me.  Thanks, eburg!

I took a snip of it, so here it is:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:53:09 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #2600 on: October 28, 2019, 05:08:58 PM »

Thanks baz!!!  Maybe we'll recruit more puzzlers that way.  I can snip pics.  How do you get your snip on here?  And if it ain't free, never mind.  :)  ;)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #2601 on: October 29, 2019, 12:32:49 AM »

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FD055D524B10

Here's another one from the Daily page.

ra

« Reply #2602 on: October 29, 2019, 07:30:02 AM »

Thanks, eburg!

NW SC USA

jpalmken

• Another day in which to excel
« Reply #2603 on: October 29, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »

Seattle Fractal 14.  41 piece Tetris.  11:04  (My time did nor post).

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E516EC9A510?z=18&m=7D250D6327.B9A8D3F

Showy Snow.  87 piece Crazy.  11:24  (My time did not post).

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3116FCFACD3?z=4&m=9E250D6327.BAA8280

Hawaii 3,  70 piece Bulbs.  16:02.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E016FF1106A?z=2&m=07250D6327.BC0E822

Cathedral.  41 piece Tetris.  10:39  (My time did not post).

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8616E579947?z=18&m=A8250D6327.B4D7344

ra

« Reply #2604 on: October 29, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »

Great puzzles!  Thanks, JP!

NW SC USA

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #2605 on: October 29, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

Thanks jpalm!!  Case of the slows today I guess.  :'( ;) :)

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #2606 on: October 30, 2019, 12:20:46 AM »

ra

« Reply #2607 on: October 30, 2019, 07:56:38 AM »

Thanks, eburg!  Cute!

NW SC USA

baziunc

« Reply #2608 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »

Thanks baz!!!  Maybe we'll recruit more puzzlers that way.  I can snip pics.  How do you get your snip on here?  And if it ain't free, never mind.  :)  ;)

eburg, what i'm doing is free.  Do you know how to do attachments of pics?  Take your snip and save it to your PC, usually as a jpg or jpeg file. When you are typing your text, notice below the text window the "Attachments and other options."  Click on the "plus sign" next to that to expand it, then you will see a place to click to select a file name to attach.  After you see the file name in the box there, then click to post and confirm you can see it after it has posted (at least one character of text is required in the text box when you want to post an attached pic.  If you want to embed a larger version of your snipped attachment into your post with your text, then click on the attached pic to see it enlarged, and right click on it to copy its url (which is a url referencing your post's attached image in forum, by message, etc.).  After you have copied that, "go back" to your post and click in its upper right corner on the "Modify" to open your post to edit it.  Then look on the row of icons immediately above the smiley faces, and the bottom left icon above those smileys is the button you will use to embed an image into your post.  Place your cursor in your text where you will want to embed your pic, and then click on that embed icon.  At that point you will see this in your text box:

Place your cursor in the very middle of that, between the middle [ and ] and paste the url you copied.  Then click post.  That would do it.  You cannot place a url directly from your computer file into those embed brackets, but you can place the url of your attached pic after it is attached and posted and then after you click on it to copy its enlarged Forum url to paste in the middle of those brackets.

Just so you will know what you're looking for on that url to embed (after posting the attachment), the snipped pic of your bats puzzle that I attached and posted, and then went back to my post and clicked on the attached image to view a little larger version that I right-clicked on and copied this url - https://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2347.0;attach=508643;image  Then I clicked on the Modify at the top right corner of my post with that attachment, and placed my cursor where I wanted the embedded image to appear and clicked on the embed icon above the smiley faces and pasted the url I just mentioned in the middle of those 2 sets of img brackets and clicked to post my modifications.  So you can see that embedded url is a reference to the attachment in my Forum message, not a reference to the url of that pic on my PC, though that reference to the url on my PC is what I used to attach the pic initially.

I hope that makes some kind of sense.  Feel free to PM me for questions, but I'm not sure what time I will read and reply, but I will be on the lookout for any PM when I am in Forum.  Good luck!  Give it a try!  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:47:15 PM by baziunc »

eburgbirdwtchr

« Reply #2609 on: October 30, 2019, 03:59:10 PM »

Thanks baz.  I'll give it a try after I copy down your "Grrrreat" directions.  Will attempt a posting tonight!  (the enlarge/attach part is the new info for me, and getting a url has been unseen before.  I used to do postings before, but when the app wanted monthly fees I bailed.  And I couldn't figure out the other attempts at instructing newbies given out before.  Here's hoping, cuz I occasionally make it over to Decorah for "boots on the ground" shots I like sharing!  Thanks again! <3  ;)   (we ought to get Amy to add that one to the smiley list, but maybe we'd blow the web on Valentine's Day!  :D