Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490449 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11385 on: November 19, 2023, 04:47:35 PM »

Karen many thanks for posting about one of this nation's dearest First Ladies. 
Hope you had a pleasant afternoon.

Lani I'm the same about anything regarding animals---esp cats.    Prayers hopeing Mike gets some relief soon---I sure can empathize with my spine and hip/knee issue.
I've been thinking about seeing my rheumatologist for some injections myself. It's been years and I can hardly move my knees to get jean or leggings on while dressing.  Best wishes for your Scorpio from this Virgo.

BL I pretty much understood your post. But like I usually do---got to thinking 'what if I'm wrong'?  So I shorten my comment. Turns out I did okay.  This time. that is.

Tig what sort of 'encampment'---outdoors folks camping or a  tent meeting and the 'like'? Do we need to be concerned for you /Camper?

Puff
tks for sharing your kitty 'Puff' memories; 

Tsk your AM turkey looks great---hope mine looks as tasty.  ;D I was thinking the same about the 'nun's . Is that a deer in a Domican habit?

Lisa those cinnamon rolls are too tempting. I made breakfast sandwiches this AM and we had some of the Raspberry danish Jim brought home for our
weekend. My mom made the best cinnamon rolls, ever.  :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11386 on: November 19, 2023, 04:50:36 PM »

Rosalyn Carter just died, at 96!   This was a day or so after entering hospice, at their home.   RIP

Karen, Phyl, thank you for posting! Prayers for Carter Family...  Amen!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #11387 on: November 19, 2023, 04:58:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1726140507095523395

I want this job....who wouldn't?

Evening all...been another very busy day.

Puff

« Reply #11388 on: November 19, 2023, 06:04:57 PM »

I heard just yesterday that they had just put Jimmy Carter into hospice two days ago. 

P

Phyl

« Reply #11389 on: November 19, 2023, 06:40:14 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1726140507095523395

I want this job....who wouldn't?

Evening all...been another very busy day.

That would be fun.  Gosh what energy!  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11390 on: November 19, 2023, 06:55:53 PM »

"Good Evening Everyone !  SEDs                                   

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #11391 on: November 19, 2023, 07:45:05 PM »

Dang, an away Vikings game and on a local NBC channel and only in Spanish!
Forget it I'll check in with the score at the end.
Comcast I'm heading your way tomorrow....so dang frustrating

Ha!...figured it out, not by following most google answers but specific to comcast google answer!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:57:00 PM by kbshcb »

karengramke

« Reply #11392 on: November 19, 2023, 07:47:52 PM »

Puff, Jimmy Carter went into hospice in February, or so. Roslyn just went a few days ago!  They were both at home.   Married  77 years!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 09:26:53 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11393 on: November 19, 2023, 10:41:34 PM »

Karen, Piper is a very smart.  :)

Kb, what fun it would be to work with the baby ellies. :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #11394 on: November 20, 2023, 05:44:03 AM »

Thanks karengramke.

P

Phyl

« Reply #11395 on: November 20, 2023, 06:04:18 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday !   

Currently 42F mostly cloudy   High  68F rain  Low 42F   

Lisa Mike, when he was alive, loved iceberg lettuce

Hi Puff

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11397 on: November 20, 2023, 07:09:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

We had a good day yesterday! Our Thanksgiving dinner was good, and we sang Happy Birthday to Talon! They will fly to Florida Wednesday and come back Monday, so will be gone on Talon's Birthday (the 26th). Ed took the kids to the park because it was so nice out, but he forgot to take any pictures!

Phyl, love the opening scene of the 365...so beautiful! My Bogey loved corn, he would even eat it off the cob! We discovered this when he pulled a cob out of the trash and was eating on it!

Speaking of cats, a picture of Harley trying to get into a little box, and more kitten pics!

Phyl, great picture of the man and dog shopping for snacks in the fridge!

kb, love the baby ellie video, he was having so much fun!

tsk, yes, I am thinking the same as you, Jimmy may not last much longer without Rosalyn. They were so close. Reminds me of my Great Grandparents, she had been going downhill for several months, my Grandma and her sister Ruth were taking care of her. He was fine, still living in their home. She passed away on a Friday evening at Aunt Ruth's home and my Grandma had taken him to the hospital Saturday morning, he was having trouble breathing. He passed away 17 hours after her, he never knew that his wife of 62 years had passed away. It was a double funeral. He was just waiting for her, I wonder if that is what Jimmy has been doing...

Puff, your story of Puff with his claws in the turkey, I pictured in my mind Puff on the turkey's back, riding him like a horse! It sounds like he was a character!  Still laughing about the trail of pecans...

Lani, I would love to mail you a piece of French Coconut Pie! Hope Mike's back is better today!

Manila Spoon  · One of the best holiday baking tips ever 🧈. This really works as I’ve tried these a few times already!
If you need to soften butter quickly but don't want to MELT it, put boiling hot water in a heatproof glass to heat it. Dump the water out and flip it over your stick of butter. In a few minutes it will be perfectly soft to use! You're welcome.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11398 on: November 20, 2023, 07:17:53 AM »

This is holiday humor from KAREN  ;) ;) ;D

BAD PARROT

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a
bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with
 profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he
 could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot
 yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even
 more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird
 and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and
 kicked and screamed..

Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a
 minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms
 and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and> actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do  everything I can to correct my rude and
 unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change
 in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11399 on: November 20, 2023, 07:31:31 AM »

MORNING EVERYONE

KB   That little ellie is the cutest ever.  Yes I agree - great job.  ;D    So you figured out how to get rid of the Spanish??

PUFF  Think Jimmy might just want to stay by Rosalyn.  :'(

CLYNN  Enjoying the centerpieces you've been posting.  What's the tat on Erin's left arm?  Harley has been watching too much Maru  LOL   Those babies are so cute - So there are 3 to choose from?  Male, female?   There are a lot of stories like Jimmy and Rosalyn - and you just named one... :'(   I"ve seen that butter hack before.  I still use my microwave  LOL    That beach fish is the best idea EVER!!!!  Love that walrus reaction to his fish cake  LOLOL
Chicagoland