Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 480411 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11760 on: November 30, 2023, 04:21:57 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

((Lori)), hi to you and Destini!!   :D  Thanks for the fun and treats!  :D :-*  I'm so glad to hear your Gamma is doing much better!  Hugs to you and all your family.  I love your Corgi sled dog team!!  :D  Dodger, the Corgi who lives across the street from me, is my boyfriend!!   ;)  At least that's what I tell his owner, LOL, and I tell Dodger, too!  When I see them out, and when Dodger spies me, his owner will drop the leash, and Dodger comes racing straight to me, as a Corgi does, and we hug and kiss, and hug and kiss some more.  ;D :-* :-*  LOLOL! He is very well behaved, and impeccably trained. I just adore him.  :-*
 He's my boyfriend. Yes! He is!   ;D ;D :-* :-*

Good evening, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11761 on: November 30, 2023, 04:35:54 PM »

KB I'd say that Alaskain Brown Bear was on a mission.  :o  Did you get into "twubble'? LOL

{{{Tig}}} sure hope Lisa's chicken noodle soup warmed your cockles .  ;)  Get well, soon!

Lori  How are you and Miss Destini...your Dad?     So glad your grandma is doing better. Hopefully she will back in her own home soon. A lovely B/D greetings for Bischue. And, that chocolate cake!   Hope she'll share.  ;D

Lani another delish cake for Bischue's birthday. Hope you get our Forum issues resolved.

Eagles pretty greeting today. Pretty birthday card for Bishue.

Lisa  I bet your chicken noodle soup will fix Tig right up.  ;)

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #11762 on: November 30, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »

Phyl - LOL, I didn't leave the house so no chance in getting in trouble, maybe unfortunately.

Baz - love Corgi's and happy to hear you have a doggo boyfriend!

oldguy

« Reply #11763 on: November 30, 2023, 05:02:24 PM »

Happy Birthday Blschue

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11764 on: November 30, 2023, 05:58:55 PM »

CLYNN   I sure do remember the days we could not pump our own gas..." Want me to check the oil, sir" to my Dad
Hope Ed/Kelsey don't take off if snow is an issue - we are expecting a messy day tomorrow.   Andrew is a marvelous photographer.

PHYL   Aww what a sweet pic of all your stockings  ;)

KB   Great action photo.  :o from Art Wolfe   Nothing wrong with having nothing on the to do list.  I'm itching to set up my puzzle table but still items on the list to check off first.  ;) ::) ::)

LORI  You outdid yourself with Bischue's cake  :o   Corgi's were my favorite  LOL.   So good to hear Gramma is improving and thanks for letting us know.  We miss you and love when you entertain us with all of your great gifs that bring a smile... :) :-*

T40 and we are glad you did!!    For me it was the AM news as I was making coffee.  Up came the report on an "eagles nest" in Decorah with a camera!!  They gave the link and the rest was history.  I was glued to my PC

BAZI   What a cake for Bischue!!!    Dodger your boyfriend - Love it  ;D ;D

One busy day today - not over yet.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #11765 on: November 30, 2023, 07:08:23 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Last night got very dark in this part of town - The substation that supplies power to the industrial parks and residential for the SE part of IC had a failure occur.  My computer is on a Backup PS - so I keep it going for 15 min. before shutting it down - the power company posted that repairs was expected to be completed by 10pm (2.5 hours of dark).  So I was surprised that the power for my area came back on after only 53 min.

This video shows the science and procedure for the testing of a light draft horse to determine the actual horsepower produced by a horse...
How Much Horsepower is a Horse?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qxTKtlvaVE

Maru really hates teeth brushing and runs away into the elephant   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFi-TeekKc

CAT TALES - Sketches in Colour!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoixm1HQ2qw

Will This Adopted Stray Cat Ever Open Up to Me? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcOwvxvx9-U

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Savanna & Pennie Jean Shaw)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IslhIyRWjgs

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #11766 on: November 30, 2023, 07:13:10 PM »

Happy Birthday Bischue!  I hope you have had time top enjoy some of all your cakes!

Good posts Beakers!  2011 was definitely full of tense and nerve wracking stuff!  The first time I saw Mom laying in the snow, looking like a mound of snow was hair raising!

Corgis are nice dogs! 

Hope tomorrow's snow isn't too bad!  I am sure Ed and Kelsey will not take any chances!

Amanda , vet, came by this afternoon with a Christmas card that was 12 inches high.  It became a Christmas tree that stands and had 2 sheets of punch out ornaments to hang on it!  Just darling and is now standing on the end of my kitchen bar and is visible from all over!  A great replacement for my white ceramic pumpkins.

karengramke

« Reply #11767 on: November 30, 2023, 07:35:18 PM »

Old guy, Hate to lose power when it is cold!  Good for you that it came back on so quickly!
Lori, cute post  and good news on your Gamma!
Tig, good to have Chicken noodle soup!
Still have vertigo but actually feel okay other than  the dizzy episodes!
Going to turn in!   Seds to all

Phyl

« Reply #11768 on: November 30, 2023, 07:49:47 PM »

CLynn  10 yrs for me  come 4/2024. Where'd the time go?  I love 'history' so always enjoy your memory lane/back story posts. Never stop 'em.
Love  Andrew's  'Momo' post and pictures. I will always miss 'The Momo'
Very nice strawberry cake for Bischue

Lani RIP Dear Dot.  :-*

T40/CLynn   In 2011, Yahoo news had a front page article ...  this was before my time . But always a thrill and delight. Easy to get 'hooked' indeed. ;)

KB  :)

Bazi   'Dodger' the Corgi  must me 'in like with you'.  ;D

OldGuy tks for links.  Good ones I'm sure as usual. Will check out after chow.  ;) Never fun to loose electricity in the 'Berrrrr Months'.

{{{Karen}}} whale of a cool Christmas card!.  You can use it year after year if you want.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11769 on: November 30, 2023, 08:00:08 PM »

"Good Evening'  Everyone !   SEDs                                   

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #11770 on: November 30, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »

CLYNN   I sure do remember the days we could not pump our own gas ... " Want me to check the oil, sir" to my Dad.

After I was a paper boy at 11 I became a petroleum transfer engineer at the age of 14 at a gas station/car wash.

I was there and had pretty much figured out the job.    Boss gone for the Holiday.

2 Idiots plus a 14 yr old. What could possibly go wrong. ?

The day before Thanksgiving this beautifully 70's dressed couple in there full wedding attire pull up in a Mint White VW Beetle.

On there way to their wedding. I don't judge.

um .. I said do U not see that huge horizontal bar luggage rack bolted to that bug  .. Idiots ?

Emergency Stop pushed too late.

It went straight up off the 'rails' from the brushes about 3' until the luggage rack installer cringed.

It dropped like a Bug from 3' up with like 4 perfect 'shotgun' holes from the inside. Like a tuna can but like TP. 

Now needless to say the soon intended to be blissful are not happy at 1st on this visage.

The groom says starting to laugh really hard to the very not happy bride to be  .. shit I never liked so & so anyway .. the bride then starts laughing hardily.

Moral of the story I ran into that very couple many years later a long away from the "incident" .

Still very happily married and they had made amends with the Bug owner too. 

30 years later in such a place.  :)
The 3 of us just stared howling with laughter as the facts started to jive quickly.   

The owner summarily dismissed all 3 of us 3 7 days later.
The end of my petroleum transfer engineer career.   

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:10:01 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11771 on: November 30, 2023, 10:33:43 PM »

Lori - Glad that your Grandma is feeling better, but that must be hard on all of you that she wishes to be at home.  Sending good thoughts to you and prayers for your Grandma.

LisaG - Thank you for passing along my message. :)    Cute 'feel better' for Tig  :)

Clynn - Your are so correct about being in the Beak - I feel as you do, that if any Beakers were to meet that have not yet met in person, that there would already be a special friendship and yes, there would always be Eagles and things in common to talk about!! :-* :)

Lani - Sorry about the forum issues - hope it gets resolved real soon.

T40 - I know your message was for Clynn - but love how you first came to know about the Decorah BEs and you are still here! :)

Baz - Cute birthday greeting for blschue!

Phyl - Thank you!   You & Jim have a nice evening  :)  Pretty evening picture.

Hi Oldguy - Like the birthday greeting for Blschue!   

Tsk - I have a similar story;  back in 2011, I was watching a local news channel and they showed a clip of the live cam with Mom & Dad Decorah and gave the link.  I signed on and the rest is history!!!!

Karen - What a beautiful surprise that Amanda brought you - very nice!!!   Hope you feel better and the vertigo subsides.

BL - Wow- that is quite a story - and with a happy ending!!!

Beakers have a good night  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11772 on: November 30, 2023, 10:47:24 PM »

LOL, no words needed!

Oh someone looks sad, got caught with the candy cane!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11773 on: November 30, 2023, 11:53:27 PM »

I just talked to Lani, she is having some issues with the forum. After the birthday picture she successfully posted the forum she is trying to post just words and it is telling her that her picture is too large. She was not even trying to post a picture at the time. Is anyone else having any issues?

Lori, so good to see you, sure do miss you! Glad to hear that your Grandma is doing better! And how are you and Destini? Love the Elf on the Shelf hot tub party! And that snowman drowning in the snow!

E4E, we are all happier in this world because we have our Beaker friends! I feel like we know each other so well that if we met it would be like we were always friends... It's been 12 years for a lot of us, and many more years to come. Because there will always be eagles and things to talk about!

kb, wow, look at the claws on that bear! I still think it's a sad look on the dog.  :o

Lisa, cute bowl of soup! We may need a lot of that this winter!

Phyl, beautiful cake for blschue!  I love reading about how things were eons ago! Myers Bros Department Store in Springfield, a bit before my time there but when you paid, your $$ and handwritten invoice was put in one of those tubes and sent to the Accounting Dept where they would check it, add it up and make your change, then send it back to the clerk. I guess they didn't trust the clerks with money! I see you have a little stocking for Maggie too!

Momo - Watching the world together.  I can’t help but marvel at the brotherhood these dogs share. I can’t imagine one without the other. ☯️

For Lani - A Memory of Dot from April 2003 - UPDATE November 29, 2023 - https://tinyurl.com/56av4uxh -

awww Clynn, Boo and Yaya! Look how big Yaya has grown!  :-* ... and here's my Dot, my avatar, sibling of Donna, born in 2000, she was killed by a hunter in 2013. Thank you for posting about her. I was going to do that this morning. But, my post wouldn't work, with info or without.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #11774 on: November 30, 2023, 11:55:16 PM »

Ah it's just a candy cane & a little plastic.  This to shall GS pass.

I'm pretty sure they tell me I ate one with the wrapper on too.  ;)

Boo and Yaya just make our hearts soar.

Where we is ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:10:03 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.