Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 514598 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10515 on: October 26, 2023, 12:41:16 AM »

He's still doggy re-playing it all bit.
It was quite an intense observation. 

Pip & I feel he'll be all the better for the outing.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:44:09 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10516 on: October 26, 2023, 06:07:23 AM »

National Mule Day
These hardworking, sure-footed animals are the backbone of many mountain communities, carrying heavy loads through rugged terrain with ease.

One of the more curious days in the calendar is the annual National Mule Day. Mules may not be quite as common anymore as what they once were, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t appreciate them any less. That’s why this day is still celebrated! Want to learn all about this brilliant annual day? Read on to find out more!

Mule day is exactly what you might think it is – it is a day dedicated to mules! The day originated in Columbia Tennessee, which likes to think of itself as the self-proclaimed mule capital in the whole world. Ever since the day originated, back in 1840, the celebrations have spread and now mules are celebrated in many global locations.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10517 on: October 26, 2023, 06:18:26 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy' Vintage'  Thursday !   

Currently 57F  clear  High  78F    mostly sunny,  Low 57 F  clear.

{{{Tig}}}    🙏 's for {{{Rosie}}}   :-*

BL you and Pip feel correctly  Kopje will be a happier dog .

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:32:57 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #10519 on: October 26, 2023, 06:30:51 AM »

BL  Who wouldn't be better for your journey.  Even us!  A fine job of planting us into the scene.  Calm, beautiful, new visions, happy captain at the helm.  And in the end we have the fruits of our float down the river.  Thanks for sharing the day with us.

Funny comments ladies - and it is us ladies - who discover, analyze, and dispose of all their stuff!  Yes, we're all living for quite awhile under the same mind set that they feel - some day it will come in handy.  But the ones they need are never handy and then we get the quick, must have trip to Home Depot.

I think it was Paulie and me who had the discussion of all the jars, coffee cans, organizers, aerosol bombs, and lids filled with whatever???  I've been on the mission for about a year now reclaiming the garage.  You'd never believe that I've touched anything; it looks like a disaster zone.  When time has been available I've been making donation calls, handing out presents (?) to service providers, or filling the "land fill" container with "stuff".  I've wondered what the sound is like when the "s" gets dumped at the land fill.  It's got to be a loud tinkle, bang, crush, smash in the world when you include all the "s" from tsk, kb, puff, Lani -- so many of us are contributing to the musical sounds of the dumping of the "s".

And you know, honestly, that I haven't even started on my own "s".  ::)
I'll have to ask the Big Guy to gift me some extra time on earth to even almost finish my own collections.  It could be a challenge when you're adding my important things to the mix.  I've had 52 years of memorable time here to amass - Ton only had 44 years.  Mine will be harder to sort through/dispose of - my "s" is more valuable and precious.   :'(

P         

Phyl

« Reply #10520 on: October 26, 2023, 06:36:40 AM »

"RARE - 24\" X 44\" PANEL - Retro Halloween by Dan DiPaolo for Clothworks,

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:38:24 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10521 on: October 26, 2023, 07:41:02 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, it sounds like we all have a bunch of stuff to donate, thanks to our thrifty and always prepared men! True comment, a trip to Home Depot when you need something, know you have at least one, and have no idea where it is! And yes, my own wonderful collections of Longaberger baskets & pottery, English teacup/saucer sets, and Siamese cat figurines! And then there will be Mom's stuff...

Phyl, well, at least I don't have to worry about a costume for a dog, and there would be no way whatsoever to get a costume on Harley! Another good 365 of the woodpeckers getting their dinner! Fascinating! 65 right now, high 70 and rainy. 50 tomorrow, 40 Saturday...  That vintage witch costume, very detailed! Loved your good night pic!

Lani, Ed is feeling fine, carrying on as usual! He mowed the yard when we got home from the airport (it was on his list...). So nice that you get some extra time with Mike home! I bet he is enjoying the rest!

BL, beautiful pictures! I saw some similar beauty as we were cruising in to land at the airport! Kopje will be running in his dreams, remembering the best times!

karen, hope you get that darn C-PAP fixed!  I agree, a shopping cart is like a walker, I can walk for an hour or more with a cart! Glad to hear Piper is feeling good again!

Family pictures from my Texas vacation! 1-Mom, 2-Cathy, 3-Becky, 4-Jennifer, 5-Celia (Cathy's daughter, my niece), 6-Cole, Steve, Cathy, Celia and Kai (Steve, my BIL, boys are Celia's), 7-Marshall, 8-Ball Game, Kai at bat, 9 & 10-Becky working pizza dough, 11-Cathy & Marshall, 12-Mom, Steve, Jennifer.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #10522 on: October 26, 2023, 08:28:19 AM »

Tim Card posted this aerial....it's where I grew up, and the "woods" across the street from my house I grew up in. Those paths were made by us kids....some now are graveled and tarred....grr....
Lucky me however.

Morning all.

A long multiple day rain event might end tonight?..followed by 20 degree below average temps for awhile.
I got most of the outside work done to prepare for winter EXCEPT for lots of leaves front and back to mulch/bag.
And swap a mower with snow blower.
Andrew also still needs to head over next week to finish preparing.

Should still have some days/weeks that will be a bit warmer in November....we shall see.

Meanwhile, housebound and a million dollar chicken being made for brunch later.

Gotta figure out, or not, how to take a broken light bulb out of my over the stove fan hood light fixture.
It went "poof" and now stuck up inside....I think I can just turn the light fixture off and use a needle nose plier to try and remove?...without turning off all electricity in the area of house?...It's up deep under the hood so hard to see.
There are just a few things I find difficult to fix that Scott would have figured out...I'm learning as I go but get frustrated for these small things I CAN'T at least not yet.

Lani - looking forward to albatross update.

LisaG1967

« Reply #10523 on: October 26, 2023, 08:38:35 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning Puff   :)

tig - Awww, what a beautiful lil saying in the card for Zeus.

Clynn - Hope Ed is feeling better, now that you are home.  :)  That looks like a great pumpkin patch....cute pics!  Great family pics...looks like everyone had a great time.

karen - Mama has always been into sewing, and use to it alot.  She has slowed down some with it.  I hope you can get your Cpap machine all sorted out. 

BL - Sounds like a great day in the pickle.

Phyl - Love that good night pic.

Lani - Enjoy your time with Mike.  All is good here.  I got a message from Bradley last night, that Stewie & Ziva tripped him Tuesday night while he was watching Sydney causing him to fall.  When he landed he hit the coffee table and fractured his 4th & 5th metacarpal.  He just thought he sprained it, but it was hurting to bad, so he went to urgent care and got xrays.  He is in a half cast for now, but is being referred to orthopedic.

kb - Hmm, I think you would need to turn the electric off to that certain area of the kitchen, or do you have anything plastic to get it out instead of the needle-nose pliers?  I don't know if I would trust just turning the power switch off.  Million dollar chicken sounds good!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10524 on: October 26, 2023, 08:43:08 AM »

currently 54 - high temp today 67

Tig - So sorry to hear about Zeus - he was sure a darling cutie and had the very best family - {{{Camper's daughter & family, Tig, Camper}}} :-* :-*

Clynn - Love all the fantastic pictures of your family - sure looks like a beautiful time was had by All!!  I bet Ed was happy to have you back! ;D    Great pics of the Munchkins & family at the Pumpkin patch - so much fun!! ;D

Lani - Glad Mike was able to come home sooner - you guys enjoy your time!

Baz - Good routine you have in changing up your walks!

BL - What an exciting trip and Kopje enjoys as much as you & Pip! Thanks for pics  :)

Phyl - Cute pic for National Mule Day.  Love all your pics and Nature!  :)

Puff - Sounds like Ton wasn't the only one with a lot of stuff! Lol!  ;D

Kb - Gorgeous photo this morning!!  Makes it even more special in knowing you grew up in the area!! :)

Tsk - Lol!  Tim's tools!! ::)

LisaG - Hope all went well at your appt.

Hi Karen!

Oldguy  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #10525 on: October 26, 2023, 09:05:18 AM »

Lisa - oh no on Jeff's metacarpal fractures...assuming the fractures are in the shaft they should heal nicely....however, he may not be able to use his hand normally....does his work require hand functioning?.is it his dominant hand?...sorry.

I had an avulsion fracture of my second finger, it's called a mallet fracture, when a similar four legged creature scared me. I was tucking in a blanket over the couch cushions and my big dog Walter barked and startled me therefore I hyper-extended my finger...non dominant hand thankfully.

Our furry kids! ;)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10526 on: October 26, 2023, 09:06:09 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Oh! Happy Day!!! Look Who our Friend and Boots on the Ground,  Steven Smith Found this past Weekend!!! 🙂  Mom Decorah & DM2 perched together near N4!! 🙂 When Steve sent me the picture, I was so Happy to see Mom and her Guy and Especially that they were Together! ❤ Thank You! Steven Smith for sharing your Picture with us! ❤
DM2 on the Top to the Left - Mom Decorah on the Bottom to the Right

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10527 on: October 26, 2023, 09:08:07 AM »

Hi Everyone

Slept 9 hours last night  :o :o     Now behind LOL

TIG   Oh what a beautiful sentiment in Camper's card.   Basement - Yes I guess just a guy thing but you should see my GB brother's workshop.  A work of art.  I made sure tho that all the wire is in in one box!!

CLYNN   I knew you would get it.  LOL   Hopefully Ed is better now that you are home... ::) ::)   Fun time at the pumpkin patch.  We never did that as kids.  :(   LOVE this pics but have to run now will re look when back this afternoon

KAREN  Gosh - I hope you can get somewhere with that CPAP unit.

BL   You painted a beautiful picture for us.  ;D

Gotta run - will be back this afternoon
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10528 on: October 26, 2023, 09:12:20 AM »

Brother in law advice which I'm going to try:

Cut a potato just smaller than the size of the light bulb part stuck in fixture (not the glass part that's out) and screw it in and then unscrew the potato..

Going to give it a try..LOL...hopefully, potato to the rescue!

LisaG1967

« Reply #10529 on: October 26, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »

Brother in law advice which I'm going to try:

Cut a potato just smaller than the size of the light bulb part stuck in fixture (not the glass part that's out) and screw it in and then unscrew the potato..

Going to give it a try..LOL...hopefully, potato to the rescue!

KB...Jeff was just saying....hmmm, I remember something about using an apple or a vegetable, but can't remember what one.