Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 514719 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9420 on: September 23, 2023, 07:37:59 PM »

Beakers great news! I received info from someone I connected with on Royal Albatross Centre Facebook and UQ is okay and still there!  :-*

« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 07:40:37 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #9421 on: September 23, 2023, 08:18:21 PM »

Bl, thought you said u were going to ak with your shotgun/rifle?  A pipe dream?

I'm still going just not until my 09/28/23 flight to Anchorage. 
General itinerary > NJ > Anchorage > Brooks Lodge > Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes.  :)

Are you going to find Otis?...or go fishing? or both, LOL

kb I've already been to Brooks Falls and in truth watched Otis fish with my very own eyeballs there. 2005?   

It was the other stuff 'up the road' that sparked my interest in this outing as is my nature.

So close the 1st time. 23 miles away. 

My Broken Lug's have walked across some unique places on this Blue Marble so why not add another one.  :)

-Edit to add- Pips hanging with the kissing Llamas on this outing.
Her & a Grizzly had a bad rub lets just say.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:19:05 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9422 on: September 23, 2023, 08:25:00 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY BEAKERS!  :)

Lani, I'm so glad to know UQ is A-OK, AND got a supplementary feeding! :-*

Clynn, Lori, and all in the path of the midwest severe storms, I hope you are all safe!

Clynn, I'm glad Turdbutt showed up!  ::) ;) :-*  Keebler showed up in one of my dreams last night!! He was not a Turdbutt though.  :D

Tsk, "Magic cat," LOL! That's perfect! I may use that... if I can remember it!  ;) :D  Etta does that - just like Clynn's Harley.  :D

Zippo and I are just fine.  :) We had lots of wind and rain - We had lots of gusts in the 40-to-mid-50 mph range last night and till after daylight today, but most of the sustained winds around me were mid-20-mid-30s mph. Had some tree branches down, but not a lot - the ground was pretty well covered green with leaf salad, LOL. No damage to home or car. I never drove anywhere today, so just did a walk-around my building and the pond. I never lost power! Pretty amazing, that!! The storm made landfall at 6:15 am this morning, eastern time, as a 70-mph high-end Tropical Storm (4 mph less than a Cat 1 hurricane rating), at Emerald Isle, NC (a barrier island near Moreheard City). It's about a 2-hr drive northeast of me, or so (no such thing as driving straight from here to there - barrier islands and waterways mean lots of round and round driving, LOL). Where it came ashore (Emerald Isle) is also about a 5-minute drive from the beach house of some friends where my sister, my LGN, Baby Bro, and parents, were all visiting recently, and I posted a few pics of them at that beach home a few days ago here in Forum. Their house is actually on the sound side, on the waterfront, on the same barrier island as Emerald Isle. My sister drove home from there Thursday night, since the storm was to approach there Friday. My LGN, Baby Bro, and their parents, drove back home to Virginia/DC area on Wednesday. They are getting blasted with lots of rain there at their VA/DC area home today from the same storm. I just texted with my niece (LGN's mom) there, and she said they were trying to keep everyone (LGN and Baby Bro) busy during all the rainy weather and not go crazy. LOL. All is fine here, and with my family. Thanks to all who were asking.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #9423 on: September 23, 2023, 08:32:15 PM »

Bl, thought you said u were going to ak with your shotgun/rifle?  A pipe dream?

I'm still going just not until my 09/28/23 flight to Anchorage. 
General itinerary > NJ > Anchorage > Brooks Lodge > Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes.  :)

Are you going to find Otis?...or go fishing? or both, LOL

kb I've already been to Brooks Falls and in truth watched Otis fish with my very own eyeballs there. 2005?   

It was the other stuff 'up the road' that sparked my interest in this outing as is my nature.

So close the 1st time. 23 miles away. 

My Broken Lug's have walked across some unique places on the Blue Marble so why not add another one.  :)

BL, looking forward to reading your diary posts. Many of us, like myself have never travelled to the trails that your Broken Lug's have taken you.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #9424 on: September 23, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »

BL, glad all is fine at your NJ abode. Your upcoming Katmai Nat'l Park/Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes trip is going to be something incredible to see! The largest volcanic eruption of the 20th century! That's going to be some backcountry! I learned a lot just now reading a bit about it that I never knew. Have a wonderful trip!  :)

https://www.nps.gov/katm/planyourvisit/exploring-the-valley-of-ten-thousand-smokes.htm

Lisa, hope all is okay at your place, though I know you must be getting lots of rain. Thankgoodness for storm snacks!  ;) :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #9425 on: September 23, 2023, 08:45:08 PM »

Great news Baz! SedsBeakers!  Now, Lori has not checked in!  Did say they got the all clesr yesterday.

baziunc

« Reply #9426 on: September 23, 2023, 08:55:45 PM »

Karen, thanks for checking on how I was faring. You and Piper have a good night.  :)

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

BrokenLug

« Reply #9427 on: September 23, 2023, 11:09:04 PM »

BL   Somehow I imaging you driving this???  Until LANI posted I didn't connect Brooks Lodge with Brooks Falls - WOW 

Bet you had to make that reservation WAY ahead??

Or know some of the best bush pilots on planet earth.  ;)
U. S. A.

Lani

« Reply #9428 on: September 24, 2023, 01:31:02 AM »

Oldguy, Thanks for the links... I haven't heard Moody Blues in a long time. I had to go back and listen to "Go Now" that was my favorite... glad to hear you didn't get much rain.

Phyl, I hope you and Jim's arm feels much better this evening... I love the cat with the "Will you marry my dad?" sign... it was a lovely first day of Autumn I made a pot roast for Mike tonight.

Kb, How interesting about the Oak trees and squirrels, we've been through our oak trees mast 4 weeks ago. What a mess our driveways and streets have been.... Beautiful eagle eye views.... it's good to know UQ has friends nearby.

Clynn "Turdbutt Harley"  ;D... oh my that ten car pile up  :o I hope no one was seriously injured.... Thanks for news that SWFL cam will be up soon, thanks for pic!

Eagles I hope there wasn't smoke in your area today.

Tsk, thanks for nature video. It's been awhile, and I can relate to this one. Our bait traps are continuing to catch bees every day.  ???

T40, thanks for videos... Pumba was not happy to see anyone! ... fun Cat videos.. I hope the poor kitten that fell down the stairs was okay.

Good night!

Dinner at sunset  :)

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9429 on: September 24, 2023, 06:15:28 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Sunday. 

Currently 54F    High  84F sunny,  Low 54 F  clear skies.  High pollen

Lani lovely sunset in your evening post;   you mentioned in your evening post that your hornet/wasp trap is still catching bees. Omit the honey and use vinegar w/  the weaker sugar water that hornets prefer. That is, if  you want to save the pollinating bees (honey/bumble).   

Bazi/BL/Lisa glad to hear you're doing 'okay'

Prayers for:   Lahaina   Maui, HI and Morocco  ; All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary;
Tropical  Storm  Ophelia ; The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9430 on: September 24, 2023, 06:26:05 AM »

Flying over thousands of lakes / Northern Minnesota, USA.

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2023-09-24-thousands-of-lakes

https://www.nature365.tv/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9432 on: September 24, 2023, 07:13:55 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL  Thanks for that amazing recall of one fantastic Alaskan trip  :o

LANI   UG  hiding out down the hill.   He has very diligent supplementary feeders  ;)

BL  Well this sounds like quite and adventure.  Curious about the Pip/grisly and your additional 23 mile more experience.  Good connections  ;) ;)

BAZI   Yay - all OK  " lawn covered with leaf salad" I like that  :D  Thanks for your storm report.  Family exited the area in the nick of time. Good news that all family are OK  ;)    Thanks for enlightening us to BL's trip - a real adventure to say the least.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9433 on: September 24, 2023, 07:42:30 AM »

Mother and baby whale are sleeping....this photo by Jasmine Carey won an award.

Yah!...first on and off rainfall of over 12 hours this entire year!..maybe an inch or so so far, but love the light/moderate long time frame rain....more predicted tonight and tomorrow....we shall see ;D

My back yard is a total mess!..decks and grass and gardens full of now wet leaves, LOL

BL - gotcha...look forward to your second time visit accounts...

Vikes vs. the LA Chargers today...SKOL...tough to say LA Chargers for me still.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:44:15 AM by kbshcb »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9434 on: September 24, 2023, 07:56:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, got the huge supply of milkweed seeds, thank you! Ed is working on getting the ground ready to throw the seeds out. I  will hopefully have a nice patch of milkweed next year!

Phyl, nice to see the Nature 365! That's a good view of just a few of the 10,000 lakes in MN!

Lani, soon the bees will be all gone... Thanks for the update on UQ, yes, those rangers (?) do watch the young albys very carefully, you can tell they love working with them! I bet you recognize the bear in in the water in your good night picture...  ;D

BL, you're heading for another great adventure!

baz, so glad to hear that you and Zippo and your family are all safe! Did you eat all your snacks?  ;D

T40, thanks for the great videos! Cats are amazing...and funny!

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Susan Dimitrakopoulos  · Until next year, Iris ... ❤

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown