Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490094 times)

BrokenLug

U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10816 on: November 04, 2023, 06:27:22 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !   

Currently 40F;   High  60F  mostly sunny,  Low 61 F 

Dinner yesterday was  homemade fillet of cod sandwiches with homemade from scratch Tartar sauce (Red Lobster recipe), green salad w/roma tomatoes  topped with HV ranch dressing, seasoned  FFs topped w/ ketchup. No dessert.

CLynn yeah ya wanna make sure the Liquid Paper is dry  ;)   Thanks for Sue 's  report from Decorah and the snap of the new nest. Too bad they felt they hand to build a new nest. So sad.
  My mom was a farm girl,  the oldest  daughter  and  third of 11 children.  I wish I had lots of photos of mom--- most of all, I wish I could go back in time and be her best friend

Lani I was thinking the same on the new nest for HM and  HD---not enough privacy, with all gawkers and such.  Cute doggie noses from  Thursday

E4 glad you and your mom had a nice afternoon and her doctor's appt.--hope all is well

Puff No shorthand for me---but did have the 10 key adding machine  and bookkeeping.  I ended up being an administrative assistant  for an insurance agency w/ a computer on my desk ,the rest is history  ;D ;D

Tsk yesterday's greeting almost looks like a charm bracelet But mimics the  Christmas bells  with those long handles.  Look at Lulu what a 'mouser' finding all
those treats and nabbing them. Yes, indeed we still have SWFL and The Norths as well as Two Harbors and the Sauces nests---I'll always miss Dina. I've watched them all at Sauces and that gal just grabbed my heart! Dina where are you!  :-*

Lori that is an awesome  looking cake for  Tx Ninja. RIP.

Bazi cute lawyer joke---bet that fella heard them all. You think?  Tx Ninja was the first to even chat with me on the eagles. So nice and patient
with a 'greenhorn' like me.

KB I hope those were 'terms of endearment' pecks on her head.  So funny poodle snoozing at the pool side, nods off---wet wake up.

{{{ Tig/Rosie}}}    🙏 's

b]Prayers for: [/b]  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10818 on: November 04, 2023, 06:31:15 AM »

On the cover of one of their latest albums.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10819 on: November 04, 2023, 06:33:57 AM »

Several celebrations for Saturday, November 4, 2023

World Numbat Day

Pint-sized critters with adorable stripes — get ready to fall head over heels for these cute little tree-dwelling wonders!

The numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus) is a small marsupial that was once found across most of Southern Australia. Sadly, since the 1970s, this small animal has been considered endangered. Today, the numbat population is restricted to a few isolated pockets in southwest Western Australia as well as two small reintroduced populations in New South Wales and South Australia.

National Bison Day
National Bison Day seeks to raise awareness for the at-risk status of this majestic creature, the American bison. Because the bison need lots of space to roam and thrive in a habitat of prairies and semiopen grasslands, the settlement of humans on their lands in the middle and western parts of North America has significantly affected their populations in a negative manner.

American bison are now considered to be at-risk and in need of special attention. As far back as 1907, US President Theodore Roosevelt wrote about the misfortune it would be to let this species go extinct.

To celebrate the significance that the bison has played to America and its history, National Bison Day has been officially recognized by the US Senate each year since 2013.

The National Bison Legacy Act was signed into law by US President Barack Obama in May 2016, which happily ended a successful “Vote Bison” campaign to make the bison the national mammal of the United States.

Use Your Common Sense Day
Taking a step back and relying on good ol' logic, like deciphering a puzzle without needing a map or a compass.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10820 on: November 04, 2023, 06:36:40 AM »

:o :o

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10822 on: November 04, 2023, 06:58:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, beautiful 365, wouldn't you love to be the one filming these beautiful scenes!  The Village People! 34 here now, going to 59 today. then 4 straight days in the 60s! Your dinner sounds delish! No desert needed with that one! You have good memories of your Mom...please keep sharing with us... My Mom was a country girl, they didn't really farm, but lived in the country, got their milk from a cow, raised chickens, had a huge garden every year and all that. Grandma had 2 deep freezers full of food she froze, meat they butchered, and shelves of canned garden vegetables and fruits. Potatoes layered in newspaper in a dark cool corner. People were very frugal back then. Mpm was the oldest of 4.  Common Sense Day should be every day!  ;D

BL, listening to the tunes! Thanks!

Lani, the counselor you had in High School, that's how it should be, the same one for all four years! I remember hardly any reaction with the counselors! I went to 3 different High Schools, so that didn't help. But that is when kids need it most in my opinion!  My Mom was a wonderful seamstress, so that was how I got into sewing, and when I was in HS at Edwards County High I had the same Home Ec teacher that Mom had! Mom is only 17.5 years older than me, so not such a stretch. I loved Home Ec, the sewing more than the cooking...  ::)

kb, love that video of the chickens!  Looks like a young chicken tucking the egg in, or maybe a young rooster! Love the peck on the head!

karen, I was thinking the same, why would any raptor abandon N1? Is there something we don't know?

Lisa, glad to hear that you are feeling better!  I agree, goose eggs again in the spring if HM & HD don't come back to N1!

Point to Ponder: The Mighty Mississippi River starts right here
It start as a stream you can wade across.
From here it gets deeper and wider.
It travels over 2500 miles.
From this humble beginning the Mississippi becomes part of the life blood of our nation.
There is a story there, it's not about where or how you start, it's about the journey to what you become.
Mississippi Headwaters
Itasca State Park
Park Rapids, Minnesota

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10823 on: November 04, 2023, 07:43:35 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

KAREN  I have a similar recipe  - Lots of variations on that one.  Crockpot is right.

LISA   I have the same No Peek Beef  LOL

LANi    Thanks for the backround on the Hawaii school system.  Having that guidance counselor all those years was a great plan.  I never had a guidance counselor - School curriculum was set but you could choose 1 elective.

PHYL    Could be a new yoga pose for that ginger kitty  ;) ;)   Village people  LOL    Our PBS just did a two part piece on bison.  Couldn't watch it - Too much death.    300 facial expressions  :o :o

CLYNN  The last cat did not get the memo.  LOL   You had same Home Ec teacher as Mom  ;D    Humble beginnings for the great Mississippi.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 07:45:52 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10824 on: November 04, 2023, 08:11:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!

karen - I need to put my other glasses on...LOL  I see that was you that talked about the recipe, not tsk.   ::)

E4E - Thanks!

Lani - Yes....don't peek for the full cooking time.   :)  The one I saw you covered it with foil tightly.  The stew meat was very tender when done.

Phyl - Yummy dinner.  Thanks for the 365, and DOTY.

clynn - Anything is better than looking at an empty nest, and the fish.  ;D

tsk;D

Puff

« Reply #10825 on: November 04, 2023, 08:12:24 AM »

Any new or unfamiliar with past history - In forum under Decorah and Decorah North Eagles, then Decorage Lounge is, in reverse order, the movement of our eagles from 2007 (cliffs) to present (cliffs?).  Many moves and some changes of partners.  Very interesting.  I started 2011 with N1, watched actual construction of 3  of the changes, changes for me now 5(?).  Not at all like me - same nest for 52 yrs.  OMG what a big number - let me double check that.  Yep, that's right, I guess I'm just not the eagle type!

Really appreciate Amy or whoever did that compilation.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #10826 on: November 04, 2023, 08:44:52 AM »

Eeks!...this suburb is a neighboring suburb of mine, and a commenter posted in my city she has a pack of 3 in her area..
I better spray wolf urine around today as I've been a titch complacent lately.

Yay Chris!...at 1:30 am he couldn't sleep so he replaced my old laptop battery...saved me 199 bucks and he hadn't done it before. Been procrastinating a bit as we got the fixit battery package a few weeks ago. Done in 1/2 hour..I'm now letting it drain and was having to keep it hooked up to my adapters (1 up, 1 down) to run at all times. Yah, Chris. Just followed a you tube video. Then he decided to replace an older phone battery. That took longer. He doesn't need it but could come in handy to have a second phone?. These parts are tinier than tiny ;)

Morning all

kbshcb

« Reply #10827 on: November 04, 2023, 08:53:12 AM »

Re: Lawyers:

I know these comments were probably made in jest but reminds me of my father.....hmm, a great lawyer!
My father was a PI lawyer in the 50's, 60's, until he died young at 56 of a heart attack.
A first lieutenant in the army at age 19 having graduated from high school at 16, a great jazz piano player who couldn't read music, an excellent pool player (helped pay for law school) and according to judges a great trial lawyer....needed before no fault happened in MN.

An almost daily exercise in our home was to hear new words from him and have to spell them and use them in context and debates happened all the time in our household. I grew up loving to read World Book Encyclopedias and learned how to play the piano at 6.

A man who pro bono helped many of my brother's friends get out of a jam, so no I don't understand where these lawyer jokes come from and seem way off the charts compared to other professions.

Now, today's lawyers join large business/corporation firms for bigger money, and today's world is different than in "the old days" but if you need a lawyer you sure want one and a good one.

He wasn't a perfect human being as none of us are, and he would be the first to admit it, different than today's lack of self-reflection imho.

I miss him dearly and so thankful for growing up in one of "those guys" homes.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10828 on: November 04, 2023, 11:08:42 AM »

BAZI   Love the lawyer joke  LOLOL  More than 2 dates??

TSK, surprisingly, yes! We dated maybe a little less than a year, if I recall... had some fun times taking out his boat for him to dive for spearfishing, or for us to do some offshore fishing.  We had a yummy fresh grouper dinner at his house after one of his successful  spearfishing dives, and we had a spectacular mackeral dinner after one of our offshore fishing outings. We both caught several! Sometimes we came back in by way of docking at an intracoastal restaurant and getting a bit to eat on their outdoor waterside deck before gassing up the boat and heading back to his club where he kept his boat. So we had some fun times, but not a "love match."  ;) :D

« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 11:46:54 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10829 on: November 04, 2023, 11:12:35 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Mike and I are going to get some shopping done before he leaves on another trip.
Going to Walmart! Look out for the carts!  ::)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander