Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490460 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12120 on: December 11, 2023, 06:08:18 PM »

https://rhodesbakenserv.com/santas-orange-pull-apart/?pp=1

CLynn yesterday I told Jim to put the Christmas tree decorations and all back up on the closet shelf in guest room. Not gonna fuss with it this year. I have the
nativity and it has a string of petite timer lights  laced about/inbetween figureines for night. I happy.   ;) :)
 Whittier, Alaska, is a very interesting town as it's land locked. Great concept they have there.  If I were to live in AK---Whittier would be the place.  ;)
'The perfect place' indeed it is...where do I get my ticket?

Puff  :) ;) :)

((KB))  Thinking you on your's and Scott's anniversary. 
I do luv your little Emmett Otter with the snow cap.   :-*  I just love your Twitter (X) video. They're not just animals.  ;)   Ollieman and his 'nail clipping' thanks for the reminder---Maggie needs her font claws cut. We keep the back long as cats use them for self -defense when they roll onto their backs when fighting, etc

BL tks for the weather links.

Lisa glad to hear Miss Sydney is doing better.    And,  we have Collage Hunks here too. I've used them .

Tsk hope the party goes well; good idea to nap before hand

Karen the coats will seem like new and wearing  for the 'first time'.  Be safe on your outting to Farmer Brown's. I love grocery shopping I find it relaxing and being a 'stay at home'  it's a chance to visit w/people.  I know no strangers.

Tig perfect water temp for a nice swim

Hi Lani  will be so nice for you to have Aly/Dewey for a visit.   So glad you're using the 'Zicam' like I said earlier--we swear by it.

Emy fantastic avatar Lori crafted for you. Like several others when Eagle Duck passed and his website taken down Lori helped a lot of us.
Pretty cool video---and they all line right back up again.  Enjoyed it.

Hi Eburg

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12122 on: December 11, 2023, 06:18:17 PM »

... stockings filled and hung with care.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12123 on: December 11, 2023, 06:19:13 PM »

Sending SEDs  to Everyone...

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #12124 on: December 11, 2023, 06:55:20 PM »

Hi back at you Phyl

Well, Whittier is not actually land locked.  They wouldn't have rooms for the daily surge of ship passengers.   ::)

They have either a railroad or bus service that gets included in your cruise price to take you "north to Alaska".

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12125 on: December 11, 2023, 06:56:33 PM »

EMY   That is one of the coolest things I've seen.  Will pass it along to my brothers.  Thanks  YAY for our LORI to the rescue again.  :-*

BAZI   Girls party (7 of us) - 4 hours long ended and the house was so quiet - Ahhhhh.  ;) ;)  Of course tons of laughter and fun.  You sure are in a roller coaster of weather.  50 would be a warm day for us now  LOL   Your body sure does tell you when your attempts at good health need a break.  Seems the weather plays a part.  " they will get over it"  LOL
Beautiful pic of the kids with Santa - Nice looking Santa too.  Lil bro looks like " Dad, is this OK???"   ;) ;)

EAGLES  aka Kringle Puddin Cake  ;)

PHYL   That Santa pull apart looks great.

That's it for me today  Night all
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12126 on: December 11, 2023, 07:23:54 PM »

Lori worked her magic and in a couple of clicks I had an avatar again.  Even better than it was as she edited the pic to sharpen it up.  This little guy has never looked so good.  Thank you so much.

I will celebrate with a little something I came across a few days ago.  I am always challenging my sanity.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1733777734365532160/vid/avc1/720x720/22bzXBl0jVU6TO9o.mp4?tag=14

Awesome Emy, and there is the gorgeous boy!!! Thank you Lori  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12127 on: December 11, 2023, 09:06:32 PM »

Tsk - Hopefully you are nestled warm & cozy and getting some good relaxation.  Hope today was a good time.

LisaG - Okay - thank you! :)

Phyl - I don't blame you for deciding to have Jim set the Christmas tree decorations back.  Maybe next year will work out better.  Hope you are healing a bit better each day.

Puff - You know your stuff! :)

Beakers have a good night - sleep well - stay warm.

karengramke

« Reply #12128 on: December 11, 2023, 09:08:12 PM »

Clynn, interesting Alaska report!  Thanks for that and morning views!
Emy. Great avatar, thanks Lore!   Never got out today!  Maybe tomorrow after visit to my pulmonologist who wants to see how the cpap machine is working!
Lani, great news about The visit from Aly and dewey!
Tsk!   Party sounds like a big success!
No moving hunks here!
Tried to put a sweater on Piper and a Christmas collar!   She said, no way to the sweater!  Finally took the collar off!   Certainly not a clothes horse!
Bazi, lgn is dressed in her Christmas, green velvet!  Cute!  Lil Bro is a doll!  How old is he now?
Winter Kissy Face, signing off!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12129 on: December 11, 2023, 11:01:41 PM »

Karen, I hope you have a good visit with your pulmonologist. Aww, Piper's looking festive!   :) :-*  But Piper's not a clothes horse. LOL.  You asked about Baby Bro's age - he turned 2 yrs. old this past August.

Phyl, your Nativity with the little lights sounds pretty. Glad you felt like getting out and doing some grocery shopping.

TSK, you had a good long party with "the girls."  It sounds like it was fun, and like it was good to get some quiet time after, too.  :)  I haven't noticed that any of my knee issues are weather related. When I had such a bad sharp pain with my knee on Saturday, it was mostly sunny and 73 degrees.  Also, the very sharp, severe knee pain I had that day was something totally different from the regular wonky knee pain I have chronically every day.  Today it was a cooler 50 degrees here (44 degrees with the wind chill) when I walked, and I didn't have that sharp knee pain like I had Saturday, just some minor "'grumbling" on the downhill slope, as usual, LOL. It's harder on my knee walking downhill (vs uphill, or level).

E4E, I hope all goes well when you take your mom to her doctor appt.

Puff, you were an early bird this morning!  :D

Lori, you did a great job with Emy's avatar!  :)  How are you feeling these days? Has Destini given you her Wish List yet?  ;)

Hi Eburg and OG and BL!

Good night... again.  ;) :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12130 on: December 11, 2023, 11:52:57 PM »

Tsk, Aly will be here 12 days or so.... Glad your party was a success, and now you can enjoy your cup of tea/orange slice... and you are now warm and snug, ready for a good night's sleep.

Emy, Fantastic video.

Hi Eburg :)

{{{Baz}}} Never seen Mahomes react like that too.  ??? ... sorry about your knee, glad your knee was better today.... Bluebird surveying his area and keeping an eye on your safe way home.  :-* .... Littlest great niece looks adorable in her beautiful dress and Lil Bro although absolutely adorable looks a bit hesitate about the little old guy in the middle.  ;D

Kringle Pudding Cake,  your cousin in TN okay?  I hope all goes well with your mom's appt....I haven't had a cold in a long time....   You take care of yourself too.

SED Lisa  :)

Phyl, Mike's been using Zicam for years. So, he always puts the box out if I even sneeze. LOL! Cute Santa Pull-apart bread.... love Brandenberg's classic video of the lone wolf marking it's territory. Just like the coyotes do here.... praying the rest of your Christmas season is a peaceful one for you, Jim and Maggie.

SED Winter Kissy Face, awww Piper in her Christmas collar.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #12131 on: December 12, 2023, 05:09:55 AM »

...Happy Tuesday !  

Currently 30F   High  48F sunny,  Low 30F.

See my hematologist this Wednesday . And same afternoon another followup with PCP  ::)
Do have an appt with EENT surgeon  in Nashville for Wednesday 20th. Taking along  a copy of the ER physician's report
since neither he or I will have access to imaging's CT scans. Then he can tell me what no one has.
I love our nativity it's beautiful ---found it at a Cracker Barrel two decades ago. I'll have to post a daytime snap  too, so the detail can be seen.
Our bluebirds are wintering here as usual---occasionally I spy them using the nesting boxes like they do holes in a tree this time of year.

((Karen)) hoping you have a good report from pulmonologist; Piper is a sweet looking little dog----if the Christmas collar has bells, try removing them
she might like the collar better.

Bazi  Wish I could get out and grocery shop---since his accident 9-29-23, Jim has taken over my Kia and I'm at home w/out wheels---I can't go anywhere etc.    Says he hates  driving my car tho.  ::)

Tsk glad your party was a success. Sounds like it was loads of fun.

Lani   I've noticed Amy's Blog and Brandenberg's 365 are all repeats  which is about par for the course this time of year though.

Puff  :)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12132 on: December 12, 2023, 05:11:20 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12133 on: December 12, 2023, 05:13:32 AM »

I toggled about posting this one as many of us have some deep feelings about this nest and it's sufferings last season.

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

2023 RRP Highlights: Savanna feeds her new hatchlings
 December 11, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/12/11/2023-rrp-highlights-savanna-feeds-her-new-hatchlings/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12134 on: December 12, 2023, 05:19:54 AM »

7 Surprising Facts About Classic Holiday TV Specials
Did you know Rudolph's red nose was a recent addition? Plus more details behind the classic stop-motion productions by Rankin/Bass Productions.

https://www.history.com/news/holiday-stop-motion-specials-facts?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2023-1206-12062023&om_rid=%20~campaign%20%3D%20hist-inside-history-2023-1206

#IstandwithEvan