Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 476377 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11355 on: November 19, 2023, 12:02:24 AM »

Phyl, beautiful northern lights.... cute kitty chairs... poor kitty having to share food....

Clynn, cute Caturday pics... I've never heard of Home Goods until Tsk mentioned it..... You have a great time when you do go.... I'm so sorry to hear about the Mama Siamese and her kittens haven been stolen! That's horrendous! I hope the owner gets the police to go after her. God knows what will happen to the mama cat when she sells the kittens. Or I pray she was saving them. awful. :'( ... The new kittens that Erin found look sweet and beautiful.... beautiful Black Eagle juvie.... sorry to hear about Nr ... wonderful of Nurse Clynn to have picked her up and take her home after her treatment.. you and your sister are loving daughters.  :)

{{{Nr}}} sending you gentle hugs and prayers for quick healing.

Kb, Congratulations on the hood light fix!

Karen, nice of your new neighbor to volunteer to walk Piper.

Lori, yummy birthday treat for Jeff!

Oldguy, absolutely loved Dionne and her beautiful family. Loved hearing her voice again, and looks like her legacy will continue with her nephew and granddaughter... my cats are OCD LOL! ... neat birthday cake for Jeff.

Tig, I hope you both had a good day anyway.  :)

Lisa, sounds like you and Jeff had a delicious birthday celebration for him and coconut pie for you. ;D

T40, thanks

SED BL, I'm not sure of what you wrote, but did you have a serious fire? I'm sorry  :-\ .. Teach your Children well  :)

SED Baz, neat birthday greeting for Jeff. and Sweet post for Nr.... glad your bluebird buddines to join you for your return home. 54 minutes is a great time. 2-3 miles now? .. great song to listen to before heading off to bed.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11356 on: November 19, 2023, 04:03:07 AM »

"Rock And Roll" (Live At Wembley Stadium, 2008), Foo Fighters, with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNVIPAABgw
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11357 on: November 19, 2023, 06:21:07 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... !   

Currently 36F  and clear   High  64F sunny,  Low 61 F  clear skies.

Lani like you I'm concerned for the Siamese kittens and their mother. Prayers to St. Catherine

BL sounds like y'all had some foul  weather.  You two did alot of work 'fire-wising'.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian.
My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11359 on: November 19, 2023, 06:23:29 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Where are Golden Eagles 834 and 733?

November 17, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/17/where-are-golden-eagles-834-and-733/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11360 on: November 19, 2023, 06:25:30 AM »

Another pretty sunrise over the Mississippi River Flyway today.

Nov 19, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: Nov 19, 2023 6:23 AM CST
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11361 on: November 19, 2023, 06:29:10 AM »

Well, groupies, my big idea didn't pan out. 

Local news reports said the meteor shower would be in the dark skies to the east.  I kept flipping through our cam captures, especially from N1 pointed east, hoping to see any sign of a meteor tail.  Other cams at NN and Flyway just were not aimed in the right view I guess.  It was certainly dark enough.  Well then I picked things up again this morning, N1 cams still pointed toward sunrise.  Lots and lots of bug trails - that's all I saw, and now it got lighter.  NN view and late night N1 view were directly into the bole.  Nothing to see that way.   >:(

Did anyone see anything ala RRP camera surveillance?

P

Phyl

« Reply #11362 on: November 19, 2023, 06:30:06 AM »

I found the Great Spirit Bluff Falcons  with it's cliff view.

Nov 19, 2023 6:26 AM
Camera Time: Nov 19, 2023 6:25 AM CST
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11363 on: November 19, 2023, 06:32:22 AM »

Puff I always enjoy the astrological events and almost never miss them when visiable at my
location. We had clouds all day yesterday and some light rain. Couldn't see any thing.  :(

But, Yarrow7 did get what I posted below.

Yarrow7 captured this over Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View

Nov 18, 2023 6:02 PM
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 6:02 PM CST
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 06:36:14 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11364 on: November 19, 2023, 06:42:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, thanks for the wake up music! I baked my pies last night, peeled the potatoes (sweet and regular) and have them in water in the fridge. Green bean casserole, easy peasy. Small veg tray, done. Turkey breast and small ham won't take long!  Kings Hawiian rolls. Macaroni and cheese. Make some whipped cream. That's all! They will be here around noonish.  Love the Joe Kaplow song! And you had a great walk!

Lani, sweet sleeping cat... Glad I'm not the only one who now wonders what BL was telling us... :o  I worry too about the Mama cat the gal stole. I am sure she stole the kittens to sell... a despicable person for sure....

Phyl, we were going to pay the deposit when we went to see the kittens last Wednesday. That is the day she took them, he was in the hospital on Tuesday evening. His place is in town. The kittens we are working on now are in Wisconsin, a five hour drive, but she is a very reputable breeder. Ed said he will go and pick them up! Expecting some pictures today!  Love that Vogue cat!  Interesting picture of Yarrow 7! Thanks for Amy's Blog!  33 right now, high 60 for today!

Lisa, how was that coconut cream pie? I made a French Coconut pie last night, Erin's favorite. And Jeff got to eat at the Fisherman's Inn!

Lori, good to see you, you always come through with the goodies for the Birthdays!

Girls Who Garden · This was an experiment by a kindergarten class.
They dropped seeds in the cracks of the sidewalk to see what would happen.                                    O'Keefe & Merritt from the early 50's

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #11365 on: November 19, 2023, 06:42:22 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Nov 18, 2023 5:41 PM
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:40 PM CST
CamOp Dawn

And, this from SherrySargent
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:20 PM CST

If the band above the river is anything regarding meteors...otherwise, nothing.

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11366 on: November 19, 2023, 06:46:46 AM »

Mornin' Phyl

Yes I did see the lineup you posted two (?) days ago.  Nice capture of person.  We had perfect clear skies both Friday and last night.  It wasn't a full moon but it was clear and bright.  When the moon moved out of the view I thought for sure there would be some action to be seen.  Turned off TV and opened drapery - still nothing.  I guess we just wait for the next opportunity.

Enjoy the cool day.

P

Puff

« Reply #11367 on: November 19, 2023, 06:55:04 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Nov 18, 2023 5:41 PM
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:40 PM CST
CamOp Dawn

And, this from SherrySargent
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:20 PM CST

If the band above the river is anything regarding meteors...otherwise, nothing.

Saw that shot - but that's not the thin, defined trail of a meteor.  They also shoot fast across the view.  Condensation trail?

P

Phyl

« Reply #11368 on: November 19, 2023, 06:59:51 AM »

CLynn I think I'm gonna feel bad  and worry about those Siamese kittens for quite a while. :'(
Oh my word you've been a busy chef! It all sounds so delicious. I hope y'all have a wonderful celebration and time together.
That's a very pretty, colorful experiement that Kindergarten class did. I'd cook on that
vintage   early 50's O'Keefe & Merritt.

Bazi finally got around to listening  to your early AM music. Thanks. I have my Bose Wave Radio alarm  set to a Nashville Tn   oldies , Hippie radio  94.5 .
Every morning I  wake to those sweet vintage notes.  ;) ;D :-*

Lisa an entire coconut cream pie. Hope you didn't eat it all at once.
Breakfast,  maybe a huge slice with a hot cup of coffee.  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #11369 on: November 19, 2023, 07:03:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

tsk - Tested my blood sugar 2 hours after eating the dinner out, and it was 154.  I was like, that is good enough for me to have that pie.  ;D

Phyl - Jeff says, thanks!  Misty does not people food, thank goodness.  We have offered her different things, she sniffs it and walks away.  Bandit loves people food and turkey.   Oh gosh no, not a whole pie...a slice was brought home.   :D

kb - I did have a great day with Jeff.  I bought him some items for his Weber grill for his birthday.  I got him a full size griddle for his grill.

baz - Jeff says, thanks!

E4E - Jeff says, thanks!

Lani - Yes, dinner was delicious.  For starters, I had a cup of Cream of Crab soup and Jeff had Asian inspired Rockfish bites.  For meal, I had Jumbo fried shrimp and Jeff had baked flounder stuffed with crab imperial.