Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 486992 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1920 on: February 21, 2023, 07:13:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Congrats to Mom and Dad North on the first egg!  YAY!  Thanks Lori, for the news!  Now come on HD and HM!!

Phyl, purple sunrise at the Flyway, so serene...the frozen Mississippi from GSB... Mom North and her first precious egg.. Sauces nest... Penguin colony...you have been busy this morning! 19 right now, high 42 today.  And it's Fat Tuesday!

'Some call Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday. Shrove Tuesday is the same observance as Mardi Gras in that observers eat richer, fattier foods as a last indulgence before Lent begins.'

Lani, you find so many sweet sleeping dogs and cats...

Lisa, what a beautiful Christening gown, a treasure for sure!

SF Bay Ospreys - Richmond performed a pretty thorough nest inspection this morning. Let's hope repairs begin soon. Rosie could arrive any day now (or in two weeks).
https://youtu.be/l-hvg_Mhhqw     Watch live at www.sfbayospreys.org.

Southwest Florida Eagle Cam - The eaglets continue to defy the odds, all thanks to their amazing dad! See all the latest activity and catch up on owl attacks, food deliveries and intruder visits by watching our video highlights https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/videos/       Watch Live @ www.SWFLEagleCam.com

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1921 on: February 21, 2023, 07:25:48 AM »

Good Fat Tuesday Morning Everyone

27 heading to 36 - Wind chills and gusty.  Mostly sunny

PUFF   Thanks for your recollections of those wonderful times of learning AND producing wonderful pieces for others.  That is the best part.  Aunt Lydia and the jar of ribbons  ;D

BISCHUE  1,000 trees - I'm impressed.  Looks like you bought undeveloped property and gave it your all.  How did the fire start?

KB  Did you find out what all the commotion was about across the street?

LORI   Thanks for the big announcement - First egg of the DNN season.  ;D

BAZI   LOL  We know we have been here forever but do like the idea of winding back the clock on our ages as well with the Forum reset   ;) ;)

EAGLES   Looks like Idol is in for another good season  ;D   Lulu still cuddles with Tim but she knows who to wake up in the morning to get her food ready  LOL

OLDGUY   National Pancake day at IHOP  ;D  Will suggest to Tim when he gets up  ;) ;)

LANI   Prayers for Aly's safe trip and decision making.  Funny expression on good night pup  ;D

PHYL   Still snoozing at Sauces  :)  Like the GSB pic this AM

CLYNN   thanks for the update on Richmond  :D  Come on Rosie.

Remembering today the 1st anniversary of Puff's Tony's passing.  May all your memories be the best today Puff.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:32:30 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1922 on: February 21, 2023, 07:51:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Mardi Gras!!!

I am pages behind in here since my last post, will try to catch up!

tsk and all - I will see if Mama has a pic of the gown without one of the grands wearing a bib over the bodice.

kb - Thank you  :-*  Oh no, on yoru snowplow guy, but glad you got someone to snow blow.

oldguy - Thanks for links and videos :)

Phyl - The scrabble coffee pic was so Springy looking. LOL, doggie shames. Nice snaps from the cams!

tig - There use to have a Shakey's Pizza in New Orleans, loved going there as a kid.

BrokenLug - Thanks for the weather updates.

Lori - Yay for the Norths on egg #1!!!!

baz - I am like you, lost some post counts, but no biggie.  :D

E4E - Thanks  :-*

Lani - I have found and outfit, but the one I chose you need to wear in cold weather, which I thought it would be on Thursday.  Weather girl says, it is going to be 78°!!!!!   I might need to re-think!

clynn - Thank you  :-*  And, thank you for the nest updates and pics.

(((Puff))) - Thinking of you!!!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1923 on: February 21, 2023, 07:54:11 AM »

bounce

We will be driving back from the dentist when the snow starts this afternoon. Camper brought a pkg. of cookies home last night. Hopefully all the "snow werk" in the next few days will remove their calories! Will need to monitor conditions tomorrow a.m. to see if I can make it to the Y. ...

(KB) we can do it! Slow and steady...  https://youtu.be/DIQJKRm4HwE

(( Puff ))
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1924 on: February 21, 2023, 08:30:35 AM »

tsk - No, and I rewound my camera and discovered it took 3 hours in total, not 2....so odd.
One ambulance pulled away, four of five cops pulled away and the original firetruck and fire chief. Then, in short order the trucks and chief came back and more cops....what possibly could that all be about. One set of the firetrucks fireman literally walked down the street from either the firehouse up the street or a truck parked out of my view.

with all the lights and noise I think they have some 'splainin to do for me ya know ;) ;)

tig - very cute video...

Myself, I am seriously anxious about our infrastructure as also say the weather service people....like power, trees, and roofs all going kaboom...along with they're stating "life will be impacted"....LOL

Heard Andrew will be back in state Saturday night...but says he'll still be clearing driveways starting Sunday..I told him I may need him when he's done to help remove snow off my roof.

I, like BL - do worry how well a snowblower will work vs. a plow.

Funny story. Early this am, I saw my new snowblow guy put out a request for help for my city...guess who he was responding to?......LOL, my neighbor who blows their snow in the street and my driveway!...
I let him know I could have requested her in the first place, but want him to actually come...he said okay.
that would not have been funny to have him send over my terrible neighbors for a job I am requesting from him.
A good reason to peruse fb often.

Am also worried how to time getting all the snow off my small roof over my front porch...before Trevor comes, while he's here?...that much will need to come down twice and snowblowed to the yard.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573153756774121473

We will all need friends....above video shows 2 groups of penguins meeting up and when one heads back with the wrong group, his friend goes to get him...

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #1925 on: February 21, 2023, 08:50:41 AM »

I want my status back.  I got a Senior member for yah....and so on and so on.  ;) :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

kbshcb

« Reply #1926 on: February 21, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »

I want my status back.  I got a Senior member for yah....and so on and so on.  ;) :)

Haha...me too!...I lost many thousands..

I guess we all just need to ignore our standing anymore...it's meaningless...LOL

LisaG1967

« Reply #1927 on: February 21, 2023, 09:48:40 AM »

I guess we all just need to ignore our standing anymore...it's meaningless...LOL

Exactly, kb   ;D

Puff

« Reply #1928 on: February 21, 2023, 09:55:07 AM »

tsk I'll always appreciate the caring and your concerns for holding me up that day.  Thanks for the remembrance.

Yesterday was so difficult.  Thanks to you, Lisa, and tig.  My love-

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1929 on: February 21, 2023, 10:02:50 AM »

Exactly, kb   ;D

Ditto  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1930 on: February 21, 2023, 10:04:38 AM »

tsk I'll always appreciate the caring and your concerns for holding me up that day.  Thanks for the remembrance.

Yesterday was so difficult.  Thanks to you, Lisa, and tig.  My love-

P

{{{Puff}}} always
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1931 on: February 21, 2023, 10:49:02 AM »

LISA   Great Mardi Gras sign!!!

TIG   That was the best piece on dogs who love snow.  esp the first one when you put the link next to " slow and steady" to find those dogs barely able to move  LOLOL.  Like when they tossed the dog and it got buried and didn't move   ;D

KB  That penguin piece was eerily "human"!

So  based on the earlier report that today was National Pancake day at IHOP  Tim and I get led to our booth and I say " so I hear it is National Pancake Day at IHOP"?  She goes and checks - " No it is next Tuesday the 28th!!!!  We ate pancakes anyway and took half home ..LOL
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #1932 on: February 21, 2023, 11:02:04 AM »

Let the Good Times Roll Beakers!  8)
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eburg ;D

Kb, darling penguin video, a friend indeed!  ;D

Tig, Love the video!

Lisa, awww, you should wear your new outfit anyway. It may be chilling inside.

Clynn, good to see Richmond has returned from his migration... SWFL eaglets  :-*

Phyl, thanks for morning pics

Tsk! "Let's Eat!" LOL!  We're having pancakes tonight!

Royal Cam - 2/19 7:07
Dad GLY and SP chick's preening session and chick's little wingersize.
Watch those little wings grow over the coming months.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1627084417670971400

Lani

« Reply #1933 on: February 21, 2023, 11:08:55 AM »

TRR Jupiter  :-*

Lani

« Reply #1934 on: February 21, 2023, 11:11:51 AM »

TRR ROBIN - unable to climb
Male | Small | Baby
San Josecito, Heredia

Many of our followers might already know Robin, the Brown-throated three-fingered sloth.

Today, we are sharing his story. The wildlife police brought this lovely guy in December 2022 as a tiny orphan, still with his umbilical cord around his arm. During his first weeks, he received nebulization treatment after showing up signs of pneumonia. Thankfully, his lungs got better with time.

He has been under our care for a few months now.  As he grew up, our Vet team noticed Robin had some anomalies on his fingers and feet. After doing x-rays, they confirmed he has several congenital malformations that affect his mobility. Due to this, it is difficult for him to open and close his claws properly. Sadly, this makes Robin unable to climb as a normal sloth would.

Because of Robin’s condition, our Vet team has determined that the best for him is to stay in our sanctuary as a permanent resident. Here, we will give him everything he needs to have a happy and healthy life.

You can help us care for Robin as he grows up. By donating, you will be helping us to cover the costs of his treatment, food, and general care.

(1) Medical/Medicines: X-ray, bloodwork, nebulization.

(2) General Support: bucket for handling; wild leave transport costs; heading pats, goat’s milk, blankets.