Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489506 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12780 on: December 31, 2023, 04:05:25 PM »

Lani - Hope Mike is with you tonight for NY Eve  :)

Phyl - You & Jim have a wonderful evening!

LisaG - I've had the SWFL cam up over here!   You & Jeff have a good one!

Clynn - Yes, Kris loves to keep busy with tinkering in the garage or making something!  He really does enjoy working, building, repairing things!   I too, think it is natural for Harley to hiss at the kittens, so it will just take time. 
Ed & his brother! ;D ;D   

Kb - Wow, awesome photo of Cheetah and her gorgeous cubs!  You, Chris & Ollie have a wonderful evening.

Tsk - Yum! Enjoy your split pea and ham - sounds so good!!   You & Tim have a nice evening.

Puff - I too, noticed that it has been hard to get a glimpse of E23 - F23 protecting him/her from view!!

Karen - Your news is not old news! Lol!  Your news/updates are always appreciated. ;D   Oh no, just read what you & Clynn are saying about E24. :'(   Wishing you & Piper a nice cozy night.

Tig - You & Camper have a good night!

Og, Lori, BL, Baz - Wishing all of you a wonderful evening.

We have stayed home all day - never drove out at all!  We are enjoying football and just doing things around home - no company today!  I did give hubby a haircut today!   Looking forward to a quiet evening and will have the tv on later tonight for the count-down and the Ball to fall and ring in the New year!! :)   We will bbq steak for dinner.  Hubby has been wearing his PJ pants all day! :)

Happy New Year to All

kbshcb

« Reply #12781 on: December 31, 2023, 04:07:41 PM »

Kb Honestly what do you think is behind the lack of road treatment there in Ritchfield ??

Budget, over zealous environmental concerns, lack of road crew staff  ... or what ?   ::)

I mean when cars are out there playing bumper cars and pedestrians are falling on their keesters during a "relatively minor winter weather event" .. where does the public safety aspect kick in.
If that happened around here the "higher up heads" would roll.  :o   

Overzealous environmental concerns...used by supervisors to let the staff take an extra long holiday is my opinion. Remember, the trucks haven't been out all winter so far due to our mild winter. I think they are painting smiley faces on their trucks....I've seen them. We are not out of money. We are taxed higher than most states. And have the staff...
I know this as our community fb page is full of them. Dehumanizing anyone who even asks why haven't the trucks been out yet.
I live in a very radical loud mouth minority who have the ears of the council and mayor...go figure.

I didn't take my Ollie walk today as I would have. I saw multiple dinged up cars just on my road alone traveling by today. You think that's why our car insurance might be very high?....LOL. I just have to laugh at this and hope I don't have an imminent car drive to do during these days. And pray for a change in leadership soon. People are too afraid to speak out as when they do they get trolled.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 04:12:56 PM by kbshcb »

Puff

« Reply #12782 on: December 31, 2023, 04:26:26 PM »

PUFF  I think one thing about the view at SWFL is that the camera is higher and we don't have a nest eye level view.  What do you think?   Parent has to really be off the bole.

KAREN   LOL  January is the month I clean my wall to wall book shelf in the office and Quick Shine my wood floors  LOL
Do my china cabinet every 2 years... ::) ::)

LANI   Cute little lamb in the AM greeting.

Thinking along the same line tsk.  We see a lot of the backs of the parents and/or look up at them perching.  No hope of getting much of a peek at the little one.

Also, I've been wondering if this is the first time for F23.  I found very quickly that she is in need of some tutoring by M.

P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 04:34:47 PM by Puff »

BrokenLug

« Reply #12783 on: December 31, 2023, 05:15:26 PM »

Kb Honestly what do you think is behind the lack of road treatment there in Ritchfield ??

Budget, over zealous environmental concerns, lack of road crew staff  ... or what ?   ::)

I mean when cars are out there playing bumper cars and pedestrians are falling on their keesters during a "relatively minor winter weather event" .. where does the public safety aspect kick in.
If that happened around here the "higher up heads" would roll.  :o   

Overzealous environmental concerns...used by supervisors to let the staff take an extra long holiday is my opinion. Remember, the trucks haven't been out all winter so far due to our mild winter. I think they are painting smiley faces on their trucks....I've seen them. We are not out of money. We are taxed higher than most states. And have the staff...
I know this as our community fb page is full of them. Dehumanizing anyone who even asks why haven't the trucks been out yet.
I live in a very radical loud mouth minority who have the ears of the council and mayor...go figure.

I didn't take my Ollie walk today as I would have. I saw multiple dinged up cars just on my road alone traveling by today. You think that's why our car insurance might be very high?....LOL. I just have to laugh at this and hope I don't have an imminent car drive to do during these days. And pray for a change in leadership soon. People are too afraid to speak out as when they do they get trolled.

KB _ Well anyway _ You, Chris and Ollie Man have a safe & hunkered down in your safe 4 walls this New Years Eve !   :-*

Pip and I would have been normally out doing some ice climbing here in the Catskills somewhere around here early today -- but alas nothing is even remotely frozen in these neck of the woods.

-sigh-
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12784 on: December 31, 2023, 05:35:15 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE, BEAKERS!!  :D

But I walked 39 minutes today!   ;) :D  It has been a beautiful day here!  :)

;D

baziunc you and Zippo just simmer down on getting all jiggy and hopped up in the living room down there.   ;D

You're doing awesome on your walkabouts btw.   :-*
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12785 on: December 31, 2023, 05:56:59 PM »

E 24 is dead according to facebook!  Died durbing hatch!   I think the camera operators move the camera well and have seem in the boke!   Tgere are a number of cameras .

Oh no!  :'(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 05:58:55 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12786 on: December 31, 2023, 05:58:43 PM »

karen, an explanation of what happened, it just popped up in Facebook:  https://www.elfruler.com/?p=11316&fbclid=IwAR12l7HlRqlpuftaNBKM7UGBYlD2iiQZbsDZZOx7hMlLSTiFylKS45k3_T8

tsk, what a great idea, to spread the spring cleaning out to months! I think I will try to do the same!

CLynn, many tks for egglet death.  Good idea on spreading out "Spg cleaning'  Add me to the ones who will.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12787 on: December 31, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »

Lisa    pretty mug "...new kid in town at SWFL this morning! E23 in 2023, made it just in time!'  Yes, indeed it did. Pretty cool arrival

CLynn  'cool' cup to keep coffee 'hot'  ;)   Harley's an 'old man' kitty  and they don't like change LOL. Mike hissed at Maggie thru the upstaris bathroom door as she was kept in there w/ essentials while Mike got use to the 'idea' of her. But until she grew bigger we always locked in bathroom while we ere gone as Mike was Maine Coon and he'd killed her easily if he had the notion. Once he and her had their 'talk' and he explained the 'rules' and she told him not to bully here--they were inseparable and best pals. Ed/Kelsey really do luv 'tie dye'  far out.  ;)
Awesome lighthouse in Iceland

KB  lovely Mama Cheetah and cubs  :-*  And, affectionate Siberian tigers . IMHO  There can never be too many cats----and eagles.
You may have to use the toothpick 'trick' to watch for tonight's Vikings/Packers game. LOL

Tsk splt pea w/ ham sounds great---you make yours from dried split peas or fresh?    Using leftover pizza crust and pepperoni, mushroom and monzer cheese  with romaine salad and brew. Gonna watch something on Fox Nation--maybe  'History fo the World in 6 Glasses' with D. Ackroyd, J. Belushi,  and the gamg from the '80s. Could be interesting

Puff  thanks for the nest update; never made NY Resolutions either. But keep mental goals.  Cheers to all our furry companions tonight.

Karen  tks for nest info---take care, don't fall or break the 'china/glass' either.  On no! An inactive egglet.  :'(

Lani  Cute little lamb this AM ;

Tig glad y'all had a nice evening and all

Eagles luv the Peanuts today, y'all been busy

Bazi  LOL 'What I'm wearing to ...livingroom...New Year's Eve

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12788 on: December 31, 2023, 06:19:52 PM »

Sending all you early to bed-ers...
Wishes for a  Good Evening and dreams of a Happy New Year!

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #12789 on: December 31, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »

BL and Pip - I hope and am quite sure you will enjoy this evening even without the ice!
Yes, we are snuggled inside, Chris already asleep in the recliner upstairs, and me and Ollie snuggled in the big king size bed getting downstairs ready to watch the Vikings game. Chris gets up around 1 am.....grr.

Sad thing is when they leave the roads icy they don't melt for sometimes weeks in MN. So, unless tomorrow stays above 32 for more than a few hours Ollie man and I may stay with ball play inside rather than his walks he loves so much.

Happy New Years everyone! ...and I pray for a better year ....bring on 2024

BrokenLug

« Reply #12790 on: December 31, 2023, 07:42:52 PM »

This just in .. we're just getting this in .. thumping chopper blades .. 

Rutt The Moose has undertaken a drastic moose maneuver here this New Years Eve here in MN.

The Minnesota National Guard was called in because he got to close to North Dakota.   ;)

He has been helicopter lifted to the U.S Bank Stadium downtown and is under evaluation by the fans in Row 27 .. hmm ..
Rutt seams suspicious of these peeps ..   ;)

This is a rapidly developing story stay tuned ..

After his hooves and Green Bay expletives were exercised he took his seat.   8)

>> GO RUTT GO >> 

« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 08:00:37 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #12791 on: December 31, 2023, 08:08:21 PM »

Bl, I walked a little today!   Took the garbage to the receptacle in the garage and continued to the mail box and back!   Took 5 200 steps around part if tge house , made a large pot of chili for tomorrow, boiled shrimp for tonight, put groceries away, etc!  In between I watched a few football games and watching one now?   So, does this count, bl?  Lolol!
Love the what am I wearing  to the living room tonight!  I am in a formal  sweatshirt lounger!   Fireworks are going off already! Idiots!
Happy New Years Beakers!
Lani, glad Shannon and Kona are there with you and Mike!  Aly is still there isn't she?
Seds. Lol, bl

BrokenLug

« Reply #12792 on: December 31, 2023, 10:26:34 PM »

karengramke

My motto has always been one safe step to the next one is the best one.  :) 

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12793 on: December 31, 2023, 10:33:53 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!
There's a lighthouse in Iceland that sits on the highest of three rocks six miles off the Icelandic coastline, built in 1939 on top of an extremely steep and dangerous rocky cliff. It's the the Thrídrangar lighthouse...

Wow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 10:41:03 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12794 on: December 31, 2023, 10:47:13 PM »

See all of you happy campers in 2024 some how my glash of wine has become very dry ..
U. S. A.