Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 159005 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4260 on: May 09, 2024, 06:33:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, oh I remember working on that number puzzle on long car rides when I was a kid! Beautiful bluebird pictures in your Cane Ridge Bluebirds thread! Serene pic of the Flyway this morning and love the 365 with the wiggly duck butts! And Mother Goose with her little ones!  :)

Lani, sweet good night pic, you always find good ones!  That sweet little Sophie, she hasn't been able to turn the water dish over so the just plays in the water! She sticks her paw in and then shakes it off. So she gets wet and the floor gets wet! Sophie and Bella, my wild girls!

Hellgate - Sonja Palentine - NG brought the massive 2nd fish to Iris. He left the OP about a half hour ago. Dunno where he was meanwhile. Maybe he was waiting for her to get hungry again? It didn't work. She didn't want it. She just chirped at him. Roughly translated as "there's such a thing as too much fish sweetie."He took it to the OP and stood awkwardly 'cause he's not hungry either.

Phyl, looks like we will have a cool, off and on rainy day today, I will probably do my planting this weekend. We crossed the Des Moines river going to Goode's and it was full to the brim and flooding in some areas. We have had lots of rain in the last few weeks. I still need to go out to Earl May Garden Center and get my coleus. They didn't have any that hit the spot at Goodes yesterday. This is what I had last year:

karen, you are doing great at home with just Piper, I think you have long been over the need for the 'call button'!  Just need those ladies to take you shopping and clean the floors and bathroom, right?  ;D ;D Are you getting a lot of rain?

Decorah Eagles - Sue Bruhling - Above and Beyond the Live Cam...
Breaking News Out of Decorah Iowa!
Our Friends & Boots on the Ground Larry Bellrichard & Cindy Bellrichard have shared Absolutely Great News with me & Benny! 🙂
They live in Decorah and ride their Bikes every day on the Bike Trail. They have told me just this afternoon that they have seen Mom Decorah & DM2 at the Nest every day!
Today Larry with Binoculars was able to see the head of a Bobblehead on the Nest with Mom Decorah and also on the Nest when Mom was away from the Nest! ❤
Oh! Happy Day!!! Happy Dance!!! I am so so Happy for Mom & DM2 to know that they have at least one Bobblehead and Hopefully more! Time will tell....
We will be going down to Decorah soon and will update you and hopefully get some Pictures to share with you!! ❤ This is the best News!!! Mom Decorah & DM2 have not had a successful clutch & fledge since 2021 who were D37, D38, & D39 ❤
Have a great evening everyone! Remember don't let anyone take your Happy away! 🙂
Thank You! Larry Bellrichard & Cindy Bellrichard for sharing this Great & Big News with us!!!! ❤ Fly Like an Eagle!
Please click on picture for full view!  https://www.eaglephotographybysuebruhling.com

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4261 on: May 09, 2024, 06:37:06 AM »

And...Decorah North Eagles
May 9, 2024 6:32 AM
Camera Time: May 9, 2024 6:32 AM CDT
Birchwoman

We find 'the Kids' as I like to call them, rain soaked on their own in the nest. A parent  on guard off screen.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4262 on: May 09, 2024, 07:11:03 AM »

DREARY GOOD MORNING

CLYNN   Your Goode boxes look similar to mine  ;) ;) ;)   Looks like Sophie is ready for work  LOL

KAREN   Hydrangeas are pretty hardy and I find they spread.  Actually a nice schedule for the help.  More interesting for them and they don't get bored.  On your end , you make a list and check it twice.. ;) ;)   Good luck with your shot today. Or maybe you have to cancel - no help?

LANI  We will have rain the entire day today.  Can't wait to see my gauge when all done.  Tim has mowed the lawn 3 times already.  Nice not to have to water the veggies  ;) ;)  So indoor chores and a couple errands today.

PHYL   Had that toy!!!  Could win too  LOL  Lots of rain for you too.  Thanks  - I 'll catch the Nat Geo at our library.  " Mallard rumps on a rainy day"  365  ;D  Maybe some will find your retention pond.   Serene flyway..

CLYNN  " Sophie and Bella, my wild girls"  LOL   NG is an over achiever  LOL  Am not sure I will do coleus this year.  I used to put them in my front porch planter but got some begonias last year through a fund raiser and put them there and really liked them so did that again.   I may do a pot of coleus on the back patio along with the impatiens.   Great news for Mom Decorah.  ;D   Wonder if she ever fishes in the pond?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 07:12:56 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4263 on: May 09, 2024, 08:42:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - Looks like you did good at Goode's.  Aww, cute pic of Sophie in the bucket. Does Iris just have one egg from NG?  Love the colorful poles!

karen - Good luck with your shots today. 

Phyl - Hope you made out ok with all that bad weather.  Thanks for links and pics.

Lani - Pretty good night pic.

tsk - Dreary day here too, and weather girl says, its an Alert Day. 

karengramke

« Reply #4264 on: May 09, 2024, 08:54:26 AM »

Shot Day!  Hate them but the results  are usually good!  I will, hopefully be able to walk better!  79 now going to 91!  Rain tomorrow and a cool down for a few days!  Lots of rain in the country!  Sorry Lan!
Good news for Mom decorah ! 

Thanks for the morning posts!
I donot really know how much help I really need!  Ie, how much do I not want to donand how much I cannot do!   I Cannot garden, darn it!  I could change the bed linens but I do. NOt want to!    Think I could  do the floors, maybe!   If I could see better life would be a dream, as they say!

Tsk, love that street sceme and Lisa the colorful flowers! 
Bbl

Puff

« Reply #4265 on: May 09, 2024, 09:53:11 AM »

Game called on account of rain - and cold.  Started out at 67 and has been dropping steady since 5 am.

Checked rain at the start yesterday yard stuff tsk and was surprised it was 1 1/2" from Tuesday night and Wed morning.  That was a nice amount, plants need more.  Have friend of Ton's girlfriend helping me out.  God send and good.  Started the veggie garden work.  Now raining again, but the plants are happy sitting out in the rain.  I'm happy too because after mounting the hose reel I found the joining leaked, too. Found washers in Ton's "stuff" to try fix.  Also plan to look today during errands for a new hose link just in case; they're not expensive and I can always get refund. 

Day off will feel good.  Couple errands - then relax and read a couple days' papers.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4266 on: May 09, 2024, 10:09:53 AM »

LISA  Well the rain has stopped temporarily.  Chilly out today

PUFF  Do not mind the rain today.  No excuse for not doing housework  LOL  Sorry about the leak..
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4267 on: May 09, 2024, 11:25:48 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen you're doing great!  ;D

Puff, I had to buy two new hoses this season. Enjoy your quiet time when errands done.  :)

Lisa, Beautiful flowers....  so far Iris has one egg from NG and one from Louis.. I think she will lay another one in a day or two.

Tsk, This morning our area weather man said we will have a dry monsoon season. No rain... I'm going to pray he's wrong and be hopeful. So enjoy your moisture.... I plant begonias every year in honor of Mike's mom. She loved them and they do so well in pots here.

Clynn, I'm thankful NG is such a great mate and companion for Iris. Soon the melting snow will be churning up the river and fishing will be difficult. Hopefully, that doesn't happen... heartwarming pic of our beautiful Decorah couple and nest. I can't see the little bobblehead, but knowing there is one growing in the nest fulfills all our hopes and dreams for Decorah Mom and DM2.  :-*

Phyl, the Travel Numbers game was one of my favorite puzzle to play at home... bottoms up in today's nature vid!  ;D ... pretty start to the day on the Flyaway! ... sweet Goose Family.... 

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #4268 on: May 09, 2024, 12:08:41 PM »

Lani - Cute lil sloth.  Thanks for info in Iris' eggs. 

tsk - I went across to Aannapolis this morning to see if Home Depot had the pots of Vinca's, and they did!  I got three big pots, and a fern for the backyard. It is a lil cooler here, since it has sprinkled. 

Puff - What do you plant in your veggie garden?

karen - Hope you are home now and relaxing from your shot.

Puff

« Reply #4269 on: May 09, 2024, 12:33:04 PM »

LisaG and any others who think I'm running a farm

There's not a lot of anything:  celery, bell peppers, radishes, lettuces, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, spinach, green beans, beets, zucchini, tomatoes, uups , almost forgot the parsley, flat Italian and curly.  Oregano and basil on the patio.

That's the way they're arranged.  But just as an example, I have 10 (?) different types of tomato, 8 celery that take up about 4 ft x 1 ft and take no care, spinach that is seasoned out by end of June, lots of beans 6 rows, lots of lettuce 7 kinds and a row of each.

P   

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4270 on: May 09, 2024, 01:37:29 PM »

LANI   " Look at me Mom"  says that cute little sloth  ;D

LISA  Successful trip across the bridge!

PUFF  WOW  Your tomato plants (10) themselves need a ton of room!!  Does Mike next door roto til the soil?  Do you do the planting?
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4271 on: May 09, 2024, 02:12:00 PM »

tsk  Tomatoes run down one of the sides about 10-12 feet long 1 ft wide, stake them up.  Naw, Michael just tastes the crop.  ;D   But it is against their property line; he and wife Julie are known to reach over when they wanted/needed one.  Neighbors on the other side have carte blanc too.  Peter/Rosemarie have to walk all the way across my yard though.   :'(  Peter does use a lot of the basil and oregano, of course he's Italian.  (Made him up a small pot of basil at one point for his patio.  He said mine tasted better.  Yeah sure!    We have a Mantis (small) rototiller.  That used to be Ton's job (Liked another toy to play with).  I did not like turning it over by hand - gladly gave him the honor.  Eventually he tired of it.  We'd find different "doers" through the last few years.  Believe it or not the one who did it this year was a lady who was Ton's barber.  She likes nature, money, and is a regular beautician.  Her boyfriend also comes around asking if we need anything.  Last year he did Christmas 2022 inside and out in honor of Ton.

We've been very lucky - those around us for 50 years now are very nice, considerate, and helpful.  Nice group of neighbors as I've mentioned before.  Darien motto . . . A nice place to live

P

P.S.  Grocery shopping to do now.  Hope noone notices my undone manicure.   :-X
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 02:14:04 PM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #4272 on: May 09, 2024, 02:30:18 PM »

From Deb Ranney..

I love the colts of the sandhill cranes.

Busy busy...errands, teeth appt, highlight hair, and cut.....still more to do.

Puff - you do have a farm! ;) ;) ;)

karengramke

« Reply #4273 on: May 09, 2024, 02:52:47 PM »

Home from the shot!  Only got one side which may have been a mistake as after walking around the house a little the right side seemed a little soar!  Still bent over as I walk! Felt better i mediately after getting the shot which was probably the Novocain humid and forecasted for tomorrow! !
Not to be left out if the weather  drama we are under a tornado watch until this evening!  No rain however .
Time for a cup of coffee!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4274 on: May 09, 2024, 03:12:20 PM »

And...Decorah North Eagles
May 9, 2024 6:32 AM
Camera Time: May 9, 2024 6:32 AM CDT
Birchwoman

We find 'the Kids' as I like to call them, rain soaked on their own in the nest. A parent  on guard off screen.

Clearly, they are playing Rock, Paper, Scissors!!  ;D ;D :-* 8)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center