Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 159957 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3585 on: April 16, 2024, 01:06:57 PM »

Good. Mornings!  60 nowgoing to 84!
Do you know the way to San Jose, la ti da?     Been there eagles but not to the cute little town of your family’s history!     I am of a generation that wanted to go west, that is,to California!  A few did!
I Believe E 23 may have left home!  He did not come home for dinner and was not there last night!  Prayers this little one survives his first year of feeding himself, finding new friends and surviving storms!
Good report on nest activities by Amy on Facebook!
Lani, Iris  needs help!   She keeps encouraging Louis!  Oh, dear!
Going to the orthopedic MD to get started on  scheduling an appointment for a shot in my back!   Cannot happen too soon!

Have a good day!

Karen, I hope all goes well at your ortho and you can get another shot soon. (((Hugs))  :-* :-* for E23 - may he fly high, eat well, stay safe, and live long and prosper!! He got a great start from his wonderful parents.  :-* :-*  I wish Iris could break the spell of Louis. She may need a 12-talon-step program to break that addiction.  Reminds me of a book I read in the Wayback Machine, called, Smart Women, Foolish Choices8)  Talons crossed for Iris to find a good new nesting partner and raise some healthy ospreylets of her own again.  :-* :-* :-*

Oh, Karen, I just saw your follow-up post about E23 at SWFL... glad he was seen on cam flying and 'sploring the area across the road. Not far from his nest tree home! :-* :-*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:22:18 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3586 on: April 16, 2024, 01:21:18 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!!  :)

Yesterday, I walked 21 minutes - only 1 minute longer than my walk the day before, LOL, but at a faster pace, so covered a bit more territory.

Today I walked 25 minutes, but without the quick pace, due to the complaints from my right knee and left hip... but got 'r done.  ;)

Tig, ugh on the check engine light, but yay on it turning off - hopefully it's not a problem anymore. Talons crossed!! I was wo0ndering what might make that happen, and found these next 2 ideas about it when I googled it, and I copy/pasted them below:

Why would check engine light come on and then go off?
It could indicate an issue with your vehicle that comes and goes. This is known as an intermittent fault, and it's a sign that the problem is borderline. Something is close enough to wrong that it occasionally triggers the light, but the problem occasionally recedes to the point that the ECM doesn't register an error.

Check Engine Light on and Off: Causes & Fixes - wikiHow

wikihow.com
https://www.wikihow.com › Check-Engine-Light-on-and...

and also found this idea:

Search for: Why would check engine light come on and then go off?
Why does my check engine light come on then disappear?
Self-Healing Condition: In certain cases, a problem that triggered the check engine light may resolve itself without any intervention. For example, if there was a temporary fuel system issue or a loose gas cap, the system may correct itself, leading to the check engine light disappearing [3].

What are the possible reasons for the sudden disappearance of a ... - Poe

poe.com
https://poe.com › poeknowledge

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #3587 on: April 16, 2024, 01:37:35 PM »

karen - Glad to hear that E23 is in cam view. 

tig - Welcome to the morning!  So, all is OK now withe engine light?

baz - Good job on the walking. 

kbshcb

« Reply #3588 on: April 16, 2024, 01:46:37 PM »

tsk, lisa, lani eagles4, and tig for remembering Chris.

I shared your well wishes with him.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 01:59:51 PM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3589 on: April 16, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #3590 on: April 16, 2024, 02:03:03 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KB'S CHRIS! I hope you have a great day with lots of treats and happy surprises!  :D

Eat more cake and ice cream!  :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:05:10 PM by baziunc »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3591 on: April 16, 2024, 02:12:31 PM »

Hellgate Osprey cam - Iris is mantling, hopeful male osprey on the left of cam pic and here comes Louis flying in to dominate the nest!
Louis has been to the nest several times this morning to keep the hopeful males away. This situation saddens me, as a long time viewer as this nest, it's like watching her being alone again, no permanent mate or possible chicks to brood.  :-\

Good afternoon Beakers!
Hi Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Kb, warm birthday wishes for Chris.  ;D

Baz I wish Iris could break the Louis spell too.... good info for Tig.... Love Chris's cake, somedays you just gotta have chocolate!

Tig good luck ;D

Phyl, sweet Western Capercaillie singing "come spring come" ... thanks for RRP update, it's nice to know Mr T is showing up at the Trempealeau nest.... thanks for BB history... Beautiful pic of DN family and Flyaway cam.

Karen, good luck at doc appt. Here's a SWFL video.

SWFL Eagles ~ E23's CARRIES ITS 2nd PREY ITEM TO THE NEST 🎉 Mom Brings Moss & Dad An ACF! 🐟 4.14.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQgSR56EMk

Apr 15, 2024 #southwestfloridaeaglecam #eagles #baldeagles
E23 has now brought in its 2nd prey item to the nest - this time carrying in its talons some RK mammal (appears to be squirrel). The first prey item that E23 brought in was on March 28th was some RK rabbit that E23 got from Dad on the ground.

E23 did not eat the prey at this time but flies off towards the pond. F23 comes in shortly after E23 left and is seen carrying a big clump of moss in her talons. E23 sees her and lands on the nest and squees and mantles the moss lol F23 stays on the nest because she sees the prey that E23 brought in off to the side - but E23 is not about to let its food be taken and continues to mantle and squee. Finally F23 goes to the attic and inner limb and E23 eats its prey! We do not know where E23 got the RK mammal but most likely got it from Dad and flew with it to the nest.

M15 will fly in with an almost whole ACF - armored catfish and E23 is there to claim it. E tries to open it but can't because the skin on the ACF is very tough so E just leaves it on the nest and goes to the veranda and attic, E23 will fly off and head across the street for its next adventure! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3592 on: April 16, 2024, 03:13:35 PM »

thanks, Baz, and again Lani.

It's been heavy pouring rain all day.....so, after dinner we had 2 pieces of cheese cake delivered from the Cheesecake Factory.
Chris' was definitely filled with chocolate...and snickers....mine: leleuche (salted caramel)

Thundering and lightening and heavy rain..

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3593 on: April 16, 2024, 04:14:15 PM »

KAREN  Tim will be getting an injection on the 24th for his left L4-5 sciatica.  He can't wait.  Takes a while to get things going as you well know

BAZI   Good investigator for TIG's engine light issue.

KB  Good to see you.  Is all OK? or are you just exhausted with outdoor maintenance?

LANI   Too bad Iris isn't more dominant - if that is a thing with female ospreys.  Males submissive postures?  Don't seem to see that here.   Thanks for the update on E23's hunting progress.  Sure is getting the idea, road kill or not  LOL

I see where you Iowans have some serious weather going on now!!!    I think CLYNN will soon be a part of that system.  We will get some of that beginning early evening they say
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3594 on: April 16, 2024, 04:23:43 PM »

Posting a pic of E23 for karen

LisaG1967

« Reply #3595 on: April 16, 2024, 04:46:32 PM »

tsk - Good luck to Tim with his injection.  I bet he can't wait for some relief.  I looked at the radar for out that way....yikes, looks like a nasty storm. 

kb - Your cheesecakes sound delish!  Be safe with that weather.

Lani - Thanks for the Hellgate update, poor Iris!

Phyl - Love the BC comic! 

Good night, everyone!

BrokenLug

« Reply #3596 on: April 16, 2024, 05:24:40 PM »

Is everyone OK in South Eastern Iowa ?

Some nasty weather there for sure.

Stay very weather alert to the East of the Mississippi Riv for rest of the evening too. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 05:27:12 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #3597 on: April 16, 2024, 05:55:25 PM »

Hello Beakers

It has been a wet and windy afternoon in Iowa...  We had a high of 76 before the rain came in - now down to 62.  We had a siren event around 3:30 , but that was about 10 miles to my NW and then the weather station showed a tornado about the same distance to the SE.  We got 1.15 in of rain so far, and not expecting any more rain tonight.  The current strong storms are now entering Illinois to the south of Davenport and then runs north to Dubuque.  This line of storms is likely to move up to Rockford and eventually up to Milwaukee tonight.  So Clynn will get missed and most likely most of Chicago from the strong storms.

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #3598 on: April 16, 2024, 05:58:52 PM »

Happy Birthday Chris

oldguy

« Reply #3599 on: April 16, 2024, 06:03:08 PM »

This mountain lion plays just like a kitty cat when she discovers a swing   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qt2-ff6Is

Can LuLu Handle Sharing a Bed with a New Cat? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFj_p96JqfI

Woman moves into house and finds four cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwyGB8mNb0

Maru&Hana sleep in sync, and Miri wants to be in my pocket soon   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfxSmwU16A