Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471112 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11370 on: November 19, 2023, 07:06:11 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Nov 18, 2023 5:41 PM
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:40 PM CST
CamOp Dawn

And, this from SherrySargent
Camera Time: Nov 18, 2023 5:20 PM CST

If the band above the river is anything regarding meteors...otherwise, nothing.

Saw that shot - but that's not the thin, defined trail of a meteor.  They also shoot fast across the view.  Condensation trail?

P

Like I said in my original post---nothing.  At any rate...You're probably   right.    My expert , Jim, wasn't available.  He's  not  up this early on weekends. Later this AM I'll see what he says.
Thanks.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11371 on: November 19, 2023, 07:07:16 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

EAGLES   Nice rainfall.  Send some this way   ;) ;)   Cute good night kitty  :)

OLDGUY   Good cards night?

BL    " outbreak of fleece"  LOL  Not sure I understood the rest   :(

BAZI   Good greeting for Jeff  ;D    What a nice walk for you yesterday.  Lots of distraction which makes the time go by.

PHYL  Awesome lunar eclipse  :o  365   Thanks for Amy's report on the goldens.  So happy to know they are expanding their territory.   Beauty of a view from GSB  8)

CLYNN  You are a very efficient dinner maker.  I do much of the same  ;)   You are a great Mom to make your own whipped cream however - kudos  ;D    Love that kindergarten class project.  Start them young!   WOW  What era is that stove/oven?   Have a wonderful day today. 
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #11372 on: November 19, 2023, 07:46:57 AM »

Catskills solid.
Well I hate to report that severe clear has occurred _ with a stiff NW blow.
A wild pass of some rippers and the Space Station.   
The non-natives have absolutely run amuck.
Fire Wised our entire Property.    :'(     8)

There has been a severe outbreak of fleece_wait_no now I'm a hearing _ Gortex too.   
A crackling and cranking Fire inside & Out has been reported also.

There was an earlier report of libations, but none of the local units have checked in since then.  ;)

We don't take nut meg and egg nog with the finest rum lightly.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIx55cFf-o

Well I guess I should know better than to post using Pip's cell phone and try to get cute.  ::)

We're at our cabin in the Catskills.

It got really clear, cold and windy last night and we saw some awesome meteorites and the Space Station pass over.

A gaggle of friends came up yesterday and helped us fire-wise our property.

Everyone donned their fleece and Gortex jackets in the evening.

We had a bonfire outside and the wood stove on inside.  All is well.
No flames were out of control in or out.  :)

The local constable drove up to make sure all was well up on the Mtn.  8)
She had an eggnog or 2 ...

U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #11373 on: November 19, 2023, 08:10:18 AM »

Speaking of cats y'all brought back tales of my namesake Puff (aka Puff the beast).

My first quick recall was about the time I had the turkey soaking in the sink full of water.  I walked into the kitchen and found him with his fangs deeply embedded in the backbone of the bird.  Once the bird was roasted the holes and the ripped skin was not at all noticeable.   ;D

Then there's the pumpkin pie issue - not pumpkin pie itself, it was the whipped cream.  I swear on a stack of bibles he knew the sound of the cap being popped off the can of the whipped cream.  By the time the fridge door closed he was meowing at your feet.

Then there was the time I came back into kitchen and found Puff with my entire fried trout on the floor munching away!  "What didn't make this for me"?  Threw it out; I wasn't going to eat it and he sure wasn't going to be treated.

Last story - a tale of the holiday season.  So many ways of getting into trouble. .
While most of my makings were in the backroom I learned to "hide" goodies back there.  I also learned to close the door to keep my whiskered friend from tasting, especially the cookies.  Came home from work at one time to find a trail of vomitted pecans down the hallway carpet.  He got to a bag, ripped it open, and finished at least half the bag.  Now I had to clean the carpet, go shopping for nuts, and vacuum the back room.  All because I forgot to make sure the door clicked shut.  Ah, but wait. . .it was soon after that as I was seated in the kitchen
that there was a noise ????  What he heck??  It was Puff who had learned that if he grabbed/hit the gold handle thing his weight would then also open the door.

Puff the beast - what a character, also sometimes known as the smart a$$.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11374 on: November 19, 2023, 08:35:05 AM »

bounce
Pretty sky pics
Lisa... Dinner. YUM. I wish Camper liked seafood.
BL... I understood most the first time. The day and the constable sounds like a hoot.
I think brunch and then Vikes tonight. SKOL! Rotten officiating at the WILD game in Sweden this morning.

TTFN

Oh... We found out yesterday there is an encampment across the street from us in the woods. Hmmm
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11375 on: November 19, 2023, 10:35:08 AM »

Catskills solid.
Well I hate to report that severe clear has occurred _ with a stiff NW blow.
A wild pass of some rippers and the Space Station.   
The non-natives have absolutely run amuck.
Fire Wised our entire Property.    :'(     8)

There has been a severe outbreak of fleece_wait_no now I'm a hearing _ Gortex too.   
A crackling and cranking Fire inside & Out has been reported also.

There was an earlier report of libations, but none of the local units have checked in since then.  ;)

We don't take nut meg and egg nog with the finest rum lightly.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIx55cFf-o

Well I guess I should know better than to post using Pip's cell phone and try to get cute.  ::)

We're at our cabin in the Catskills.

It got really clear, cold and windy last night and we saw some awesome meteorites and the Space Station pass over.

A gaggle of friends came up yesterday and helped us fire-wise our property.

Everyone donned their fleece and Gortex jackets in the evening.

We had a bonfire outside and the wood stove on inside.  All is well.
No flames were out of control in or out.  :)

The local constable drove up to make sure all was well up on the Mtn.  8)
She had an eggnog or 2 ...

BL, well, I'm relieved! Good time was had by all!  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #11376 on: November 19, 2023, 10:41:39 AM »

"Rock And Roll" (Live At Wembley Stadium, 2008), Foo Fighters, with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNVIPAABgw

8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11377 on: November 19, 2023, 11:19:07 AM »

BL    LOLOL  Understood every word! Thanks for clarifying.   Space station very cool.  What a fun time and a cozy bonfire on a chilly night with friends and "local law and order"  LOL

PUFF   That pecan story was something else!!!! 

TIG  What kind of encampment in the woods??  Is this the first time?
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #11378 on: November 19, 2023, 11:37:41 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Tsk, Eagles  :)

Tig, "Encampment"  ???

Lisa, Love seafood, what a yummy meal! Jeff will love using the griddle on the grill. Norman is the only cat that loves roast chicken/turkey bits. Milo likes beef.

Clynn, Oh my, you've been a busy mama! Your family is in for a feast today! The last pie I want before I go to Rainbow Bridge will be a French Coconut Cream pie with my homemade chocolate syrup drizzled on the top. The O'Keefe & Merritt stove is awesome! If I won the lottery I'd cook on that! Vintage available for $6000.00 on Etsy. Awesome job by the kindergarten class. Great idea. Have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family today!  ;D :-*

Puff, we had clouds last night. And I didn't think to check the cams like you and Phyl.

Phyl, love the background sounds on the nature vid.... thanks for RRP update on Amy's Goldens... pretty sunrise over Flyaway and from GSB... I will never forget about the mama cat/kittens. Once I read something upsetting it doesn't leave me.  :'(. ... great pic from Yarrow 7.

Mike returned with a sore lower back from a Costco run in Scottsdale yesterday. He could barely move again. I warned him to get another spinal shot asap, due to the traveling and because he was overdo. But, he always toughens things out. He's better today with a couple of aleve in him. Hopefully, he can get approval for another shot before Thanksgiving. But, I'm not hopeful about that for him. Maybe doctor can give him a cortisone shot or something to help.  Talons crossed for my Scorpio.

karengramke

« Reply #11379 on: November 19, 2023, 12:01:28 PM »

Good afternoon !  Going to 75 today and sunny!   Great weather!  No crackling fires here, Bl, Or fleece!
Piper alerted me , yesterday that the neighbors were installing their Christmas blow ups on the yard!   She added to last year’s display at an early black Friday sale at big Lots!   
Baz, you were up very early, very late or just could not sleep   Great walking!

Lisa, sounds like a great lunch/dinner .  I miss having a place that has stuffed flounder!  Do not even see it for sale here!   Wonderful blood pressure!
Clynn, I am guessing you are almost ready  to have dinner!  I know it will be wonderful!
 Sorry about Mikes back but understand why he delays gettingthe shot!  I need one but will have to stop hesitating!  The long term results are much better than a fre minutes discomfort!

The flowers in The sidewalk crack are wonderful!  I have a place where I may try that!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 02:20:40 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #11380 on: November 19, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, RRP post, and cams pics. 

clynn - Pie was delish, and your pie sounds delish, too!  Love that stove.  I agree with tsk, you are an efficient dinner maker!

BL - LOL, the Constable.

tig -  Do you know how long the encampment has been there?

Lani - Oh no....hope Mike can be seen soon and get another shot.  Prayers for him!

karen - Wow, I thought flounder would be available down there.  Awww, Piper alerting you on the blow-up decorations.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11381 on: November 19, 2023, 01:58:13 PM »

Nope. It can't be seen from where we are. I was told by a neighborhood leader. Not sure how many tents nor people. She said the city and county disagree on ownership. Could be interesting.
Off to brunch. I hear a couple eggs and a blueberry pancake calling.
I've been cleaning the kitchen this morning. I'll finish tomorrow.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #11382 on: November 19, 2023, 02:35:37 PM »

Rosalyn Carter just died, at 96!   This was a day or so after entering hospice, at their home.   RIP
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 03:10:55 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11383 on: November 19, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »

Rest in Peace...dear lady.

Rosalynn Carter, former first lady who championed mental health and humanitarian causes, dies at 96
Story by Marina Pitofsky and Nicquel Terry Ellis, USA TODAY  •
11m ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/rosalynn-carter-former-first-lady-who-advocated-for-mental-health-issues-dies-at-96/ar-AA1kcaC4?OCID=ansmsnnews11

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11384 on: November 19, 2023, 04:24:49 PM »

OH LANI   Someone is really getting creative with photoshop  LOLOL     Maybe this time, daily use of the Aleve will be enough.  If not, sure hope he can get an appt sooner and not later.

KAREN   We have a Big Lots across the street in another mall from our mall with the TJ Max and Home Goods and Michaels.  Big Lots mall has a Land's end and a Hobby Lobby  LOL   Rosalyn  RIP   She and Jimmy are long lived. He might not last much longer now... :'(

LISA   Somehow I missed your AM post.  I wondered if you were going to take your blood sugar after that wonderful indulgence - Not bad results  ;) ;)  Perfect gifts for Jeff.   Lulu does not eat people food either.  Your meals sounded great.
Chicagoland