Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471201 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10785 on: November 02, 2023, 06:48:34 PM »

"Good Evening' and "Good Night'  ...SEDs  to Everyone !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10786 on: November 02, 2023, 10:00:20 PM »

LisaG - Good to hit the sack early when not feeling well! Hope you are a little bit better now. :)

Karen - Loved the stories and backgrounds of the dogs you have taken in and made a beautiful & safe home. 

Bazi - Wow! You still have luggage purchased in the S&H Green Stamp store!! ::) ;D

Tsk - Lulu and the treat mouse! ;)  Is it a real mouse?

Lani - Shannon sounds like she knows how to handle anything that comes her way - good she is strong! :)

Puff - I enjoyed taking typing for 2 years in HS and later on bought my own Royal typewriter to keep and use at home!  It came in handy (late 70's-80's) for typing up Resumes for work!

Kb - Amazing pic of the albino white tailed deer :-*   Good for you in teaching Ollie that he needs to have his coat on for an early walk on a cold morning. ;) :)

Phyl - Your Mom worked at a Woolworth's at the lunch counter?!!! Wow, I bet she had some stories of customers!  Cozy 'night'!

Beakers have a good night  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10787 on: November 02, 2023, 11:09:02 PM »

Lani, scuttlebutt around here is that your rooster:

is heavily courting my hen:

I think they would make a GREAT couple!!   :D :D  Maybe there will be a bunch of itty biddies running around soon!!   ;D :-* :-*

HAVE A GREAT DAY, BEAKERS!!  :D

Oh Look! Here comes Junior!!!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10788 on: November 03, 2023, 12:24:45 AM »

{{{Tig}}} gentle hugs and prayers for {{{ Rosie }}}

Kb, beautiful albino deer

Tsk, You're going to have a hard time wearing those slippers. ;D {{{Lulu}}} ... oh I agree with you about cats being human like in their emotions and how they look at their world.
too bad about Tim's mower. Mowers, appliances, washer or dryers just don't last as long as they did before. I loved my electric mower that I used in Kansas. Had it for quite a few years before it needed repairs.

Phyl, Interesting story about your mom. I bet she had many stories to share about that time in our history... I loved 3 years of typingm, including the time exercises, our teacher Mr. Akau was the best! He was my shorthand teacher too.

{{{Lisa}}} I hope you felt better today and tonight. Sleep well.  :-*

SED Eagles, Puff  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10789 on: November 03, 2023, 06:15:51 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...and...

Currently 68F  fog;   High  85F sunny,  Low 61 F  clear skies.

Tsk you're gonna fight a loosing battle with Lulu on those plush slippers. Every time you wear those  she'll attack them.  A plush animal toy would be in
order perhaps the same species that your furry slipper wears.  Or just buy a pair of the same, wear them a bit so they have your scent and then toss one to her and put it's mate up as a spare.  ;D    {{{Lulu}}}  :-* 
Tim's mower  :(

Lisa how's it going-----feeling better?

{{{Tig and Rosie}}}

Lani mom always told me there was nothing like a fountain beverage i.e. coke, pepsi , 7up---and she's right!  I was a 7Up gal until I met Jim. She  also was in the USO.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10790 on: November 03, 2023, 06:20:36 AM »

Several celebrations for Friday November 3, 2023

National Sandwich Day
Two delicious slices of bread hugging an array of mouth-watering ingredients,
creating the perfect handheld meal to satisfy hunger cravings.

History of National Sandwich Day
There is a commonly known story about the history of the word sandwich, and it’s attributed to John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich. One piece of that history that has been tossed about is the meaning of the word Sandwich and the town it comes from.

Sandwich is a city in the shire of Kent in England, in the United Kingdom, Originally the word was spelled ‘Sondwic’, and then ‘Sandwic’ and, eventually in the year 1086 as ‘Sandwice’. The name of the town came from its purpose and its claim to fame because it was a market town. So what does Sandwich actually mean? The exact definition is “Market Town on Sandy Soil”.

John Montagu was the fourth Earl of this particular little English town. An earl was a royal title that essentially means ‘chieftain’, which placed the person in charge of a territory in the King’s stead. As it happens, John was a well-known lover of card games. It is said that he originally ordered his meat to be delivered to him between two slices of bread so that he would not get his grease-laden fingers on the card, nor require a fork to eat. Genius!

Japanese Culture Day
A rich tapestry of traditions, art, and philosophy, weaving together ancient wisdom and contemporary vibrancy in daily life.

World Jellyfish Day
Floating gracefully, this ocean creature displays a stunning dance of translucent elegance beneath the waves, an embodiment of the sea's mysteries.

Love Your Lawyer Day
They're the legal eagles, the defenders of justice, and the guardians of rights. They'll help you navigate the law and fight for your cause!
Even before Shakespeare, lawyers have routinely gotten a bad rap for the kind of work that they do. Opined as the sum of all evils, and often the subject of some very unflattering metaphors, over time, lawyers have become the butt of some of the most well-known jokes around.

But lawyers also serve some very important purposes. At their best, lawyers are helpful and useful to society at large.
That’s why Love Your Lawyer Day was created.

Smart Home Day
Embracing modern technology's harmonious integration into our living spaces, ushering in a new era of convenience and efficiency.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10792 on: November 03, 2023, 06:49:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, so you took shorthand too! Most girls did back in 'those days'! And Home Economics, I took all four years in High School, and the Jr. High I went to on AZ also had Home Ec for both years! I was sewing my own dresses back then! They don't have Home Ec or Shop anymore... sad. Love the dog noses!

E4E, I remember when we got the IBM Selectric typewriters in class, we were right uptown! I remember Mom had a typewriter in a case but can't remember what kind it was.

baz, those chickens, and Junior!

Phyl, I couldn't think of the name of the typing corrector - liquid paper!  But make sure you wait until it is dry! Then Liquid paper came with those little pieces of paper you placed over the error and it whited it out. Oh the fun of reading the Bazooka Joe comics! And it was good bubble gum!  Don't you wish you had a picture of your Mom working the counter at Woolworths? I can remember going to one in Evansville with Grandpa and Grandma. Root Beer floats! Your new post popped up when I previewed! Reading it now!

tsk, Lulu loves your furry slippers! We talked to the man who has the Siamese kittens yesterday. I had it wrong, the kittens we are getting were just born on 10/23! We are going to see them on 11/15 after they have had their visit to the vet. Can't wait!

tig, prayers for Rosie...

kb, glad that man got to see the albino deer after that long ride!

Lisa, hope you feel so much better today!

Puff, you taught shorthand! That is a lost art and was never useful to me but I loved it! I still catch myself finger writing shorthand on the table or whatever! One class I took was Business Machines, I remember the 100 key adding machine with the lever you had to pull down to enter the number.

Well, this is something! 
Sue Bruhling - Above and Beyond the Live Cam...BREAKING NEWS IN DECORAH!!! We have found HD & HM and their New Nest!! 🙂 Decorah Hatchery Eagles - November 2, 2023
We had been itching to get down to Decorah to try and figure out what the heck was going on with HD/Dude & HM/Missy! So with Benny Bruhling behind the wheel, Tide Bruhling in the Back seat and me shot gun we headed south for Decorah.
After about 3 hours or so we made it to Decorah. We were heading towards the Fish Hatchery and Benny saw an Eagle flying with a long stick, so we started following in the direction he/she was going. We were Lucky enough to see HD or HM fly in and land in a tree. When we put our Binoculars on the area, Low and Behold there it was!! Both Eagles and their New Nest! Pretty Crazy as we had only been in Decorah about one hour! It was a Celebration of a Big Happy Dance and High Fives Galore!! 😉
It was great to find them and their Nest but all so Bittersweet too...  It is out of camera range. So, we wouldn't be able to watch them this year.  Too late to install cameras on the new nest tree. It could spook them and drive them away.
What does this mean for N1 & N2, I don't know. Would another Couple come and take up residency in one of those two Nests? Not sure! There is some distance between the New Nest and N1 and N2
But the million-dollar question is will it be enough...
We wouldn't be able to watch them unless Raptor Resource Project would have a Plan B.  Then there is always the theory that they still might go back to N1! Remember Never say Never in the Eagle World 😉 Time will tell! 🙂For now, we aren't going to Disclose the Location but in time we will.
Have a Great Evening and remember don't let anyone take your Happy away! 🙂
Fly Like an Eagle!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10793 on: November 03, 2023, 07:23:01 AM »

HI EVERYONE

PHYL   Lulu was 5 for 5 last night in her 3 cup treat challenge  LOLOL  I'll use your word "bloodhound"  LOL  You refreshed my memory about the comic in the Bazooka bubble gum   ;)  Enjoyed that cozy autumn porch.   Your Mom was a very special person   I'll have a BLT sondwic please.  Interesting history

EAGLES  Not a real mouse but a small plastic ball with holes -You twist off the mouse head and put treats in.  Lulu knows to bat it around until a treat falls out of the hole - easy peasy..   ;) ;)

CLYNN  Anticipation is half the fun of your kitty viewing  ;)   Sure do wonder why HM  HD moved - Too busy an area?  Bittersweet is right.  The Bruhlings are an amazing pair.  So dedicated.   Well we still have SWFL and the Norths to watch this year.   Thanks for posting.

LANI    " Here comes junior"   ;D ;D ;D    Sweet good night noses 
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #10794 on: November 03, 2023, 07:49:48 AM »

Uuuuuh what happened to my auto wakeup clock? 
Did you all start without me?
Did I miss anything?

Tea!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10795 on: November 03, 2023, 08:22:47 AM »

current temp 52 - high 82

Lani - 'Junior' cute!!

Phyl - Thank you for Celebrations!  Liked the Waxwings & Sandhill Cranes 365  :)

Clynn - I remember that it was not easy to correct a typing error in class  ::)  I too, took Home Ec!  Wonderful to read about the Bruhling's trip to Decorah!! :) :)

Tsk - Thanks for the explanation of Lulu's mouse - lots of fun for her! ;D

Puff - Lol-your wake up clock  ;D

Tig - continued thoughts & prayers {{Rosie}} :-*

I had a nice day yesterday with my Mom; took her to a doctor appt., then we ran a couple of errands that she needed to take care of, then a quick trip to Costco, then we picked up some lunch and took it home.

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10796 on: November 03, 2023, 09:10:15 AM »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 09:11:53 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #10797 on: November 03, 2023, 09:13:03 AM »

So- you all have left me lots to read/reply to.

I'm always amused when I run across any "touch typing" typers on a computer.  The most typical I know of now in any curriculum is a 6 or 7 week crash course.  Just a light mention of keyboarding technique is done now.  BTW  Yeah - I got speed!

Clynn  I still have a SmithCorona electric in a case! Dried up ink on the ribbon is the biggest issue.  You can rarely find either ink or film ribbons.  But I still use it on rare occasion, and have a friend who has asked to use it, too.  Comes in handy when I want to neatly complete a printed fill-in form.

Phyl  Correction fluid??

It was good when they created lift-off tape for the Selectric.  Later that even became obsolete and part of the machine. 

Clynn  We had quite a few of the same classes - plus the extra immersive classes they put me into.  Took 2 college classes in high school - got college credit for 1.  They also gave me some long days, 7 or 8 periods.  Also went to summer school.  That was fun (lots of guys there as a must, and made some friends (?) helping them out).  Remember too - I got my first degree in 3 yrs 8 months.  Started teaching in February--graduated in June.  What!?  I wanted to teach; you need a degree for CPS (Chgo Public School) position.  Had to work $$$ too.  No grants, loans back then.  I was a driven maniac. 

Next--I took off school for a while.  Some night classes.  But got an Associate in 1990's in Travel.  Ergo, Travel Advisor.  Now I sit on my a$$, drink tea, and watch birds.

Speaking of birds.....Thanks so much to the Bruhlings, the master detectives.  Drat - sneaky of HM/HD.  Maybe we'll have a new pair?  Maybe we already have shoppers/lookers but didn't know it.  Hard to be positive without bands to read.

Love BLT's, still to this day.  Always also taste better in a restaurant.

Lesson learned - ala Bob - eagles love to build nests, just because they're eagles.

Old TV show to mention at this iffy turn of events:  AS THE WORLD TURNS!   ::)

A roll of the dice and a lot of detective work for this season.  It worked when they opened the nest with the scope.  We'll manage.

P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 09:18:16 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #10798 on: November 03, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I got some good sleep the past two days, so feeling much better. 

tsk - Oh no, Lulu getting your new slippers.   ;D  Cute Thanksgiving morning greeting.  YAY, Lulu!

kb - We still have lots of leaves to come down too.  Jeff raked the front and bagged up, but the back he chopped up with lawnmower.

Phyl - The things we remember from childhood and the good ole days!  Love that pretty good night pic.  Just had a Chick-Fil-A sandwich for lunch, hope that counts for Nat'l Sandwich day.  :)

E4E - Sounds like you and Mom had a nice day together. 

Lani - OMG, here comes Junior!  ;D ;D

clynn - Love the sayings on your morning pics.  Thanks for the SueB post, sure hope that is just a vacation home the Hatchery's are building over there.  ;)

Morning Puff, Lori, tig, karen and all
  :)

karengramke

« Reply #10799 on: November 03, 2023, 11:16:42 AM »

Still only 57 degrees!  Piper (no name change Lani  lol and no liquid error correction stuff around) said it isn't too  bad out!  bad out!  Very thick hair and almost water repellent.   Interesting report from the Brulings!  Now a waiting game to see what will be!

The rooster pouring coffee is sooo funny to me!  Love it!

Lisa?   See you posted and are better!

(((Rosie)))

Clynn, anxious to see the kitties!  Also, Harleys reaction!  Would hope he will act like Big Daddy and help teach them about important things like shredding toilet paper, etc!

I did not take home x.  Had a semester of typing and hated the error correction process!  My favorite nachine was a Royal!  I did not have a light touch and the selectric was a nightmare for me!  Zzzzz!

I had 2 and 1/2 filled books of s and h green stamps when they suddenly disappeared!  Sears catalog pick up as well!  Oh well, artificial intelligence is bringing back the Beatles!

Lani, nice location for Shannon!

As a young girl, during summers on the farm, south of Nashville., My mother used to sneak out of bed and get a baby pig and bring it back to bed with her!   She said her mother did nit know it!  Her mother told me she did know it!

If you are looking in, Happy Birthday TX Ninja!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 12:29:17 PM by karengramke »