Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471523 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10770 on: November 02, 2023, 11:30:28 AM »

Several celebrations for  Wednesday November 2, 2023

International Project Management Day
National Men Make Dinner Day

International Stout Day

National Stress Awareness Day

Phyl, International Stout Day is worth celebrating!!   ;D  All the others stress me out!!   ::)  I'll have a Black and Tan, please!!  8)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10771 on: November 02, 2023, 11:42:25 AM »

Clynn, LOL!  I ventured in both of those places often!!  I even bought a piece of luggage with S&H Green Stamps!! Still have it, too!!     :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10772 on: November 02, 2023, 11:45:55 AM »

CLYNN   Yes, my Mom was a rebel  LOL  Sure do remember that erasure   ::)  Holy smokes - thE AP sure was kind to you kids.

KB   That was so cute  - the horse and dog racing.  Pretty even, I'd say.  Nice that Ollie has the same manner of exercise  :)

KAREN   That is some history of your pets.  You are a kind person. :-*

So I am trying to challenge Lulu a bit more.  Her treat mouse which Tim gives her precisely at 8 PM CST or else she doesn't shut up - is way too easy for her.   So I started with one "dispenser cup" ( 3 oz?) and put a treat under it hoping she would tip the cup with her paw but no she pushes it with her nose til the lip skirts over the treat.  Then I went to 2 cups.  She actually finds it by sniffing it out  LOL  Last night I tried 3 cups and moved them around - this we have to practice a lot more  LOLOL  Will keep you posted.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10773 on: November 02, 2023, 11:55:14 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Karen}}} loved your story {{{Sassy}}} ... okay, what are you calling Piper? Chili sounds like the perfect thing to make! I wish Mike liked it!

Baz never got caught! 8)

Lisa, Reese's cups were my late MILs favorite treats. Always had a bowl full year round.

Eagles, We're tickled for Shannon to have neighbors like that.... Shannon keeps to herself and is more serious of our two daughters. She's hard to get to know. She's a lot like my mother who was, suspicious and cautious, but she has Mike's mom's great midwestern dry sense of humor, she's very quick witted like my late MIL  ;D .... living in such a tight knit community like she does, has been interesting watching her become more trusting and open. Though, she's politely turned down their offers of visiting their church.  ;D For instance now, Shannon likes to decorate her front entry for each season, as well as University of Kansas decorations. She had her front sidewalk all done up for the KU football season. Then one morning she goes through her garage door to do her morning walk with her dog. When she returned home she glanced at her front entrance. And all her KU decorations was covered with BYU stuff!!! She loved it!!!  No one ever admitted doing the deed!  ;D ;D ;D

Kb, love the horse and dog. Too bad there wasn't a longer run for both to do together!

Clynn, Now, that lucky for you to have such understanding APs!  ;D. ... like your morning posts.

Tsk, Your mom!  ;D. I used the shortcut to school to avoid a gang of 6th graders.  8) ... cute night time challenge for Lulu. I'll have to try that with my cats, they don't like to play with toys, boxes or grocery sacks. They just look at me like I'm an idiot.  ???

Phyl, beautiful Ruffed Grouse strutting his gorgeous self!... I had the gum, used the Leggs and I remember the Prestige typewriter. In my 3 years of typing in high school, I used the Royal, Underwood and Smith Corona. Never tried 7-up floats, just root beer.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #10774 on: November 02, 2023, 11:57:41 AM »

Morning All!  46 degrees and a tad chilly out!  Glad
 I turned the heat on and will make a pot of chili layer!   73 tomorrow!
Clynn, first tzus I had were Charley Chan and Chu Chan!   Got them as puppies.  After they passes I got Bogey from rescue.  Then a friend and I took some dogs from a local backyard breeder for the rescue we volunteered with.  She kept one and I kept 9 year old Putter.  She was a black girl small but pudgy.  Her name was hope which I didn’t like so I named her putter.  Poor baby had been bred at every heat! Loved puppies.  Ignored Bogey!   The three musketeers were an odd group! I loved them all and they pretty much just co existed!  Sassy was a real case!  She came to me as the last of the three at 11 months. She was purchased  from a Louisiana breeder by a traveling nurse who bought her for her mother.   The mother died.
A lady from Alabama went to the funeral and agreed to take Sassy!  She gave her to a young girl who wanted to take her.  The young girl kept her a short time and took her to a kill shelter in Daphne, Al.   These two women worked at an outlet mall and a third fried who was the manager of the Waterford shop asked the girl how Sassy was doing.  When she found out she was in the shelter she drive up and got her out.  She called the Fairhope shelter which is no kill and was told they were full. They however gave the lady my name and   
My phone number and I met her to get Sassy that day which happened to be my birthday!   She was her happiest after my other two passed away!  One if tgese dogs meant to be an only!   Tmi
Going to start the chili!

((Karen)), you've been a GREAT "Mom" to those lucky doggies who found their forever home at your home!!  :-* :-* :-*  LOL on "utter" coming out after you type a "P" - thanks to your years with Putter, several doggies before Piper!  :D :D  I presume, pronounced like the golf club... the putter...  ;) :D  Chili is hitting the spot in these suddenly colder than normal temps here, too!  I made some yesterday, and it was good, so I froze the leftovers, and plan to re-heat it later today.  It will get back into the 70s here starting tomorrow.  It has been gorgeous weather!!

baziunc

« Reply #10775 on: November 02, 2023, 12:02:50 PM »

CLYNN   Yes, my Mom was a rebel  LOL  Sure do remember that erasure   ::)  Holy smokes - thE AP sure was kind to you kids.

KB   That was so cute  - the horse and dog racing.  Pretty even, I'd say.  Nice that Ollie has the same manner of exercise  :)

KAREN   That is some history of your pets.  You are a kind person. :-*

So I am trying to challenge Lulu a bit more.  Her treat mouse which Tim gives her precisely at 8 PM CST or else she doesn't shut up - is way too easy for her.   So I started with one "dispenser cup" ( 3 oz?) and put a treat under it hoping she would tip the cup with her paw but no she pushes it with her nose til the lip skirts over the treat.  Then I went to 2 cups.  She actually finds it by sniffing it out  LOL  Last night I tried 3 cups and moved them around - this we have to practice a lot more  LOLOL  Will keep you posted.

TSK, LOLOL on Lulu's "cup game" !!  ;D  It sounds like lots of fun for her, and she isn't easily fooled!  :D :D  :-*

baziunc

« Reply #10776 on: November 02, 2023, 12:09:25 PM »

Eagles, We're tickled for Shannon to have neighbors like that.... Shannon keeps to herself and is more serious of our two daughters. She's hard to get to know. She's a lot like my mother who was, suspicious and cautious, but she has Mike's mom's great midwestern dry sense of humor, she's very quick witted like my late MIL  ;D .... living in such a tight knit community like she does, has been interesting watching her become more trusting and open. Though, she's politely turned down their offers of visiting their church.  ;D For instance now, Shannon likes to decorate her front entry for each season, as well as University of Kansas decorations. She had her front sidewalk all done up for the KU football season. Then one morning she goes through her garage door to do her morning walk with her dog. When she returned home she glanced at her front entrance. And all her KU decorations was covered with BYU stuff!!! She loved it!!!  No one ever admitted doing the deed!  ;D ;D ;D

Lani, LOL! I love it!! That's some fun neighborly mischief!!  :D :D  I bet Shannon is biding her time to do something similar!  Great for her to have fun neighbors like that!   :D

baziunc

« Reply #10777 on: November 02, 2023, 12:18:25 PM »

Lani, scuttlebutt around here is that your rooster:

is heavily courting my hen:

I think they would make a GREAT couple!!   :D :D  Maybe there will be a bunch of itty biddies running around soon!!   ;D :-* :-*

HAVE A GREAT DAY, BEAKERS!!  :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:23:43 PM by baziunc »

Puff

« Reply #10778 on: November 02, 2023, 01:47:27 PM »

current temp 48 - high 81

Waving to Bazi  :)

BL  :o

Kb - Cute vid of horse & dog!  Fun for Ollie in having a next door doggie to run back & forth with! ;D   Cute tortoise & cow companionship  :)

Tsk, Lani - just a clarification; Halloween we got 80 Trick or treaters.  It was years ago when we would get 300 kids (probably back in the mid nineties)!

Clynn - Sounds like your Mom enjoyed her special day and glad you let her know about her birthday wishes from the Beakers! ;D
           Like the retro Sears and S&H Green Stamp store. :)

Tsk - My Mom walked me to Kindergarten for a while, but later I would walk with other kids the 3 or 4 blocks to school - it was a safe time back then! :)
        Lol! Liked the story of your Mom & friends!! ;D

Eburg  :)

Lani - Good that Shannon lives in a nice close knit Mormon community - bet it is reassuring for you & Mike too. :)

Phyl - Like your pretty 'Happy Thursday'!  Liked the Ruffed Grouse  :)   Love all the retro pics!!! 

Puff - Didn't know you used to teach typing! :)

Morning Tig, Karen, LisaG, Oldguy  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)
E4E  Sure enough! Did 30 years with Chicago Board of Education.  Had the BIG kids, high school, juniors and seniors, Business Education classes, south and west sides.

Started with Smith-Corona and/or Royal manual machines.  Ended up with electric Selectric IBM with the "elements"  which the kids like to keep.  Just to be doing something, they could never use them any where else for anything.  And they cost about $60-70.  Not good.  Just before I retired they were switching to electronic.  Also taught shorthand, both Pitman and Gregg.  Now boss talks to hand-held something and hands it over to staff to key somewhere, somehow, on something.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10779 on: November 02, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

some bounce
Rosie update. The arm sling did not stop her from breaking open her stitches. She now has a cone and visits the vet every day for medicine. That's all we know.  :-[
Only 39 degrees today. Yardwerk will have to wait until tomorrow.
I took an antiinflammatory last night which helped me get a good workout in the pool today.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10780 on: November 02, 2023, 04:54:47 PM »

karen - Like, tsk said, that is some history with your pets.  Enjoy your chili. 

tsk - That is a great enrichment exercise for Lulu. 

Lani - Love your morning rooster!  I could use a cuppa. 

baz - Waving at ya!

tig - ((Rosie))

Have a good night, everyone!

kbshcb

« Reply #10781 on: November 02, 2023, 04:58:19 PM »

Mike Osmond writes:
I drove 200 miles north yesterday in the hopes of coming across one of the famed albino White-tailed deer by Mille Lacs Lake. I got extremely lucky and came across this beauty just 5 minutes into my drive in the park.

this is central MN.

tig - an hour ago, I got out front and mowed/bagged my Crimson King leaves off a small strip of grass...lawn care picked up tomorrow anyway.
My front mower stored in the garage will start even below 40. Back yard mower in shed, not so much.

But, also looking forward to getting lawn work done tomorrow through Sunday.
Odd year with such cold temps, yet leaves have not all fallen off the trees.
Tough one.

got a walk in this cold morning with Ollie...I now just sit in a chair and "wait him out" about putting on his coat....no coat, no walk, Ollie.....He's learning, I'm not such a push over.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10782 on: November 02, 2023, 05:43:02 PM »

LANI   Cute story about BYU covering her KU decorations   Cats are all so different - almost like people.  ;)  Altho non cat lovers would not see that  LOL

BAZI  Lulu has one amazing nose - She has to sniff absolutely everything.  I bought a new pair of slippers at Costco this week with the fur cuff around the ankle.  Well I had unpackaged them and they were sitting on the island for me to put away and she had grabbed one by the fur like it was her new toy.  Put them in my closet on the shoe rack and next thing I know she pulled it off and again played.  So now I store them higher and with fur pointed in  LOL
LOLOL  "Lani's rooster is courting your hen"   ;D ;D ;D ;D  Then there is the dog smiling  SO funny.

TIG    ((((ROSIE))))

KB   Our temps warming up to the 50's til next Thurs  Glad you got your leaves mowed up.   We have one huge maple in our back yard and only half the leaves have dropped so Tim took the blower today and just got them all together in a big pile.   His "new" ( 1 yr+)  EGO electric mower is in for repair.  :P
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10783 on: November 02, 2023, 06:28:01 PM »

tsk - oh no!...on the repair already!...reminds me of Dennis and Vi who got one recently and needed repair this summer. But, nobody could repair them unless they took it all the way to St. Paul..
A long way for 87 year olds.

Oh I have lots of leaves to come down and either rake or mow. The issue now with the temps will be to decide on when to put seafoam in the mowers without gas and put them away or wait till who knows when? And then just rake or blow them somewhere?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10784 on: November 02, 2023, 06:43:24 PM »

Puff many thanks --my wireless keyboard has keys that are all level not like the only one that was more like typewriter. Also the pitch/bank of keyboard isn't steep enough. But I love the wireless as it's backlit.  :)

Tsk festive garland this AM; 7Up made yummy floats with fruit ice cream those were alternative to 'Black Cows' made w/ root beer and vanilla ice cream.
My mom use to work in  the fountain/counter  at Woolworths during WWII while dad was in Europe.  She was one of the best.
Lulu won't be easily 'fooled' or duped.      I use to hid them  Greenies Dental chews all over the house when Mike was alive ---he/Maggie  would be
like 'blood hounds'.

CLynn luv  your Autumns; know all to well those wheel erasures w/ brush ---hated them ---then there was Liquid Paper---
and all was right with the typing world.  ;D  Oh yeah, Sears-Roebuck catalog counter and the S&H Green stamp store---Blue Chip big part of a family's life then.

KB  far out--- G. Shephard and Stallion racing; sweet Ollieman has friend  to 'chat' with  through the fence; awesome  albino White-tailed deer tks to Mike Osmond observations

E4E very nice Autumn today; I often long for those 'childhood days'  Bad sign, guess.

Lisa feel better now, I hope. The girls I walked from Eagle Mtn Elementary near the 400 block down to the 1800 block , would stop by the barber shop
and buy penny  Bazooka bubble gum--the ladie's salon didin't carry the stuff-- and we'd stand outside reading the comics it was wrapped in then walk home  ;D

Karen enjoy you chili, we had left over last night's dinner; have you heard of 'Inspire' for  OSP/sleep apnea? No more Cpap with that.
https://www.consumerreports.org/health/sleep-apnea/inspire-sleep-apnea-treatment-what-to-know-a8805444379/

Bazi never had a stout or Black and Tan, Jim has from time to time. Your  Black & Tan coming right up!  Too funny Lani's rooster and your hen---

Lani Shannon is most blessed to be  in a Mormon community.  ;)  ;  Royal manual to start then Smith-Corona and then The  IBM Selectric (electric typewriter). That sound on those timed exercises--- when Mr. McDowell said "Begin!'  ;D
So funny Shannon's front porch KU decorations being switched to BYU.

Tig  oh no poor {{{Rosie}}}! Prayers to St Francis

Karen some pet history and  mama to them all  ;)---

Time to get our 'chow'   ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 06:49:45 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan