Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470919 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10170 on: October 14, 2023, 01:02:02 PM »

Good Morning!  Light rain for another hour!  Temps generally in the 70s and a few 60s but 81 tomorrow!  Typical for Fall!
Wow, I woke up this am, a new woman!  My back is wonderful!  No pain at all!   I hope I do not wait so long for the next injection!   So far I would not know I have arthritis !
 NO plans for today!  Feel like a long winters nap!  Lol!   Not too long!

Karen, yayay! Your shot in your back went great, and you have no back pain now!! Woot! I hope it lasts a long time!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10171 on: October 14, 2023, 01:16:05 PM »

{{Puff[}}    right you are- life's pleasantries should never be ignored.  Lots of memories.

Lisa wizard kitty this Am  ;)  , It's been threatening tears all morning--we shall see. I'm all set for NASA's online 'Ring of Fire' live coverage.

Tsk cute pumpkin kitties; I've eaten veal, not topped w/ egg ,  anchovies and capers . Have also had venison (deer) and buffalo both delish IMHO

KB sweet spaniel this AM
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10172 on: October 14, 2023, 01:23:10 PM »

CLynn luv all your hippie cats  ;)  Never had to write out a classroom 'crime' ---but  got my head gently  'tapped' when I was turned chatting. Luv kitty watching cartoons on it's stretched out belly; tks for Sydney Sea Eagle chicks photo 'looking to future together'

Old Guy tks for video on kitty shelter sub'd to it. HAGD @ work.

E4E luved your Caturday this AM; Yep! Nature sure is colofrul-love that.

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

« Reply #10173 on: October 14, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »

I've never been much of a Photog from day 1 of my true outdoor adventures starting at age 4.

My Grandfather who really turned me onto the great outdoors is rolling in his grave at me saying this. Sorry Pappy.
Picture a want to be a Ansel Adams with a Kodak Brownie camera and/or much larger equipment.

~ come on Pappy lets see whats on the other side of the mountain ~

Rolling his eyes he'd say slow down kiddo someday you'll get it _ stop and smell the roses _

Unfortunately I've only just begun to appreciate his truly savvy advise and slow down a bit and just stand and look from on high. 

The act of taking pictures in the wild is just not all that enjoyable to me.
I feel it unnecessarily pauses my travel flow and detracts from the 360° view my eyes and other 4 senses are already recording.

I've never smelled, felt the sticky sap, heard the wind whisper or tasted a pine nut from a photograph of a pine tree. Just saying.

I have 2 ocular 3 dimensional cameras mounted on a 360° swivel (my 2 feet) hard wired into my brain and so far the vistas are all recoverable, some day they probably won't be, but by then who cares anyway.

The attached pictures below are not mine.
They will give you a very good idea of the valley however.

They are mostly Amber Johnson's pictures from her similar outing there 7 years ago.
https://amberejohnson.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/valley-of-10000-smokes-traverse/

Thank you sweetie for the awesome transport assist !
Some people rock & some people roll to emulate both takes gumption.   

There is a small hermetically sealed object arriving directory from the VoTTS floor, an object that will for sure crack U all up.     

Next. BL.

BL, AWESOME!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10174 on: October 14, 2023, 01:33:28 PM »

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, NANIMAL!  :D

baziunc

« Reply #10175 on: October 14, 2023, 02:02:14 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I'm off for a walk.  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10177 on: October 14, 2023, 02:49:00 PM »

PUFF  Very funny recollection of your German heritage - equal time for all nationalities  :) ;)

PHYL  Glad you got that link to work - Such a sweet kitty so gentle with Mary  :-*  Cat in the black hat is so disgruntled

CLYNN  When a site asks you to subscribe is there a fee involved? or do you just get regular emails from them?  When do you leave?

LANI  That calico is meditating itself out of being disgusted with the hat costume  LOL   I would have taken writing out the sentence.  You saw the more positive side of the punishment  LOLOL

T40   Respect  ;D  Good to know about the squeaky toy rescue.    The bees and the Fanta bottle - Gotta have "knees"
 LOL

This round of rain stopped about noon - Went out to measure from Friday AM til now - 2"
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #10178 on: October 14, 2023, 03:33:29 PM »

Hi Karen made your mom's B/D special in a good way.  :)

KB Hurrah! Bullwinkle found himself a gal.  ;)    A lot of  rain,--good as long as it doesn't flood

CLynn  Ginger Mama- all I can think of---those poor nipples.  :-[  So funny kitty ordering salmon sand; toilet paper kitty

Bazi Hola y saludándote con la mano .  'Hello and waving at you.'

T40 these are all  good today--- ;) Bro explained society, Vet is a 'shero';  Bees knees is a hoot!; squirrel feeder pole/olive oil oh my sides ache!

Tsk  2" is good ; can hardly wait for Lulu to do her first puzzle.  ;D

Puff  Tks, enjoyed reading about your heritage. ;)       My Dad 1/3 German, balance French, Italian and British. My mom I can now trace 25,000 yrs  to The Levant( Israeli/Syrian); modern  is balance French, Native Indigenous American and British.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/EZpmKWKL-yw[/url]

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10179 on: October 14, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »

Partial eclipse dimming the sky around GSB.  Nice way to introduce the new season for Decorah and Decorah North cameras to come back online at noon.

Arghhh! Just now got over to the Decorah Cams. Very windy at Decorah and rainy w/ trickling stream at DN. Great panning.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 03:55:13 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #10180 on: October 14, 2023, 04:16:12 PM »

Hello, Beakers! I did a little look-back and saw that you are still prolific! ;D I also saw a new addition to the Beak... congrats, Lisa, on your beautiful, bright-eyed granddaughter, Sydney! Thank you so much, Lori, for the luscious looking carrot cake with cream cheese icing! Lori, Lani, karen, PHYL, oldguy, bazi, and Tsk, I appreciate your birthday wishes, as well! Good wishes to all here as we begin the new season with RRP!  :)
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

Phyl

« Reply #10181 on: October 14, 2023, 05:14:53 PM »

Hello, Beakers! ...Good wishes to all here as we begin the new season with RRP!  :)

'Hear, hear!"  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10182 on: October 14, 2023, 05:20:39 PM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10183 on: October 14, 2023, 05:21:29 PM »

And, a "Good Evening' ... SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10184 on: October 14, 2023, 06:01:35 PM »

PHYL   Did you mean 25,000 or 2,500 on tracing Mom??  One of Lulu's favorite games is her Laser mouse  LOL    Black kitty has the look of saying " and you have something to say about this outfit?"  ;D
Chicagoland