Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470551 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9990 on: October 09, 2023, 03:41:55 PM »

Birthday girl 💜
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9991 on: October 09, 2023, 03:44:31 PM »

Lani, thanks for the Bear report, their fur looks so shiny and thick! You want to just snuggle them...but that would not be wise...  ::) I hope your pay for being a FedEx girl is good! Mike wouldn't want you to have to go on strike!  No, I don't bring the coleus plants in, I always start fresh every spring. I like to try different varieties, they do so well on the deck! You can't really see the other one in Bella's picture! You can't really tell in the picture but the one on the left has dark red on its leaves. I always hate it when the first frost comes, they are gone immediately! Each pot has just 2 plants that were in 4" pots, from the Earl May Garden Center. They always have a good selection of different ones!

Lisa, yes, it looks like V3 is staying with Gabby! One of the admins had an interesting thought:

NEFL - Diana Lambertson, Admin
How could you not love this guy? He can't help it if he is not Samson. He reminds me a lot of Samson. I still not given up on the possibility this could be Spirit, Samson's brother.  Spirit would be turning six years old in December. The mods estimate Boomer's to be between 5 and 7 years old. It is sweet thought isn't  it?

oldguy, sorry about the card games! Thanks for the videos, haven't watched all yet. I have used old silly putty to clean those places in the car that you can't get to! It works wonders!

DIY Silly Putty Ingredients
1 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Clear Liquid Soap (Method hand soap works best)
add Gel Colors (or food coloring) (not necessary if making to clean crevices in car!)
1 small bowl and spoon

baz, Miss Bella is a Sassy Pants but not a bad one until just recently!

tig, when we did our pine needles this spring we had 13 bags full!

Lori, it's Destini's Birthday! The cake looks yummy!

Our Gang, The Little Rascals - Patsy, Porky, Darla, Spanky, Buckwheat and Alfalfa!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9992 on: October 09, 2023, 03:46:47 PM »

Happy Birthday Destini!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9993 on: October 09, 2023, 03:49:57 PM »

Baz - wasn't speaking to you, even though you are from the south....many many peeps who don't post here but watch may not know. thanks though.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9994 on: October 09, 2023, 04:01:54 PM »

Lisa here' s the dryer vent pumpkins https://www.pinterest.com/pin/95983035799259182/.  I couldn't get a 'picture' that'd post as it was a video . So didn't post.   But, just found t his  
     There are 'oodles of versions just in Pinterest alone. Some 'easier' in that not so much involved in decorating them.
Luv the 'folk' art autumn  to day

Lori Miss Destini's birthday today... too funny w/tiara and bubbly.    Happy Birthday  with purrs from Maggie! 'Hello Kitty' cake is fantastic.  Hope all is well w/ you and your family.

CLynn Coleuses look great; tks for Diana Lambertson's NEFL photo update-sweet photos; Little Rascals  :)
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9995 on: October 09, 2023, 04:28:47 PM »

I almost forgot this...

Newman on nest box perch early this morning.

GSB 10-8-23 Newman on the nest box perch @8AM.JPG

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9996 on: October 09, 2023, 06:31:04 PM »

OLDGUY   I will note your info on printers - Think my inkjet of many years may soon see the graveyard so I will be ready.  Could Dr Michael Chua have talked any faster  LOLOL  Those new lenses could be in my future..

TIG  After hearing about your yard cleanup day I could hardly imagine you had enough pep to make your "caught" fish for dinner.  I was exhausted tonight after accomplishing much more than my 2 stated goals earlier today.  Tim cooked up some walleye from Whole Foods

PHYL  It's looking like Chunk has the definite edge in this contest. ;)  Very clever dryer vent pumpkins

BAZI   So when you take that key that's been placed in your mailbox to get the bigger package in a bigger storage box, what do you then do with the key - put it back in your mailbox? or just leave it in the big mailbox? or some sort of security drop?

LORI   So Destini is 9 today - WOW  Any special treats for dinner?

CLYNN   You do have a great selection of coleus choices in your area.  Maybe I'm not going to the right nursery.  Yours are beautiful.  Curious expression on that second pic of V3
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #9997 on: October 09, 2023, 08:17:21 PM »

This afternoon I rolled the garbage container to the curb stood out there for a few, surveying the street and walked back up the driveway and into the house!  No falls but I sometimes think I might look like an old sot!
I do not have co detectors here as everything is electric!   Have had oil and gas heat as well, but not in Ga.
I am curious as to why you do not use pine needles for mulch.  They are used all over the south.
Tsk, suppose you are watching the Packers!  Last time I watched it was z3 ti nothing.   

Happy Birthday Destiny!  You do not look a day over 5!🥰😀😜.  Enjoy your cake!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9998 on: October 09, 2023, 09:19:18 PM »

Clynn - Wow - you are so correct in asking where does the time go?   Yesterday was a 'grill steaks' day! :)   Like NEFL pic!

Oldguy - What a special way to celebrate your stepson's birthday with grilling burgers!! ;D  Bummer about not having a great night at cards - but you'll get 'em next time!!!

Lani - Thank you for the Bear news - appreciate the updates/info  ;D

Kb - Good for you in all you do - I admire your strength & determination.

Hi Phyl!

LisaG - Happy that you & Jeff had a nice day together; shopping & lunch! ;D

Tig - Good for you in all you got accomplished today - always taking care of your beautiful yard!

Happy Birthday Destini!! :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9999 on: October 09, 2023, 10:03:14 PM »

OLDGUY   I will note your info on printers - Think my inkjet of many years may soon see the graveyard so I will be ready.  Could Dr Michael Chua have talked any faster  LOLOL  Those new lenses could be in my future..

TIG  After hearing about your yard cleanup day I could hardly imagine you had enough pep to make your "caught" fish for dinner.  I was exhausted tonight after accomplishing much more than my 2 stated goals earlier today.  Tim cooked up some walleye from Whole Foods

PHYL  It's looking like Chunk has the definite edge in this contest. ;)  Very clever dryer vent pumpkins

BAZI   So when you take that key that's been placed in your mailbox to get the bigger package in a bigger storage box, what do you then do with the key - put it back in your mailbox? or just leave it in the big mailbox? or some sort of security drop?

LORI   So Destini is 9 today - WOW  Any special treats for dinner?

CLYNN   You do have a great selection of coleus choices in your area.  Maybe I'm not going to the right nursery.  Yours are beautiful.  Curious expression on that second pic of V3

TSK, the keys for the larger mailboxes stay in the keyhole of their respective large mailbox when nothing is in the box. How does Tim usually cook walleye? Baked in the oven, or in a pan on top of the stove? I love fish. I haven't eaten walleye in a while though. We don't get it here very regularly.

Clynn, V3 is one handsome BE!  I think he could be related to Samson. Sigh.  :-*  Your coleus plants do so great there! Don't you hate it when they bite the dust after looking so beautiful.

Lori, awww, it's Miss Destini's special day!  :) :-*  I bet she had a fun paw-tay!  :D

Oldguy, I was in a dash to get out of the house for my walk when I was in Forum this afternoon. I need to go back and read your article about those new lenses. TSK's post reminded me!

Karen, you are daring! ;)  Glad you got your trash can out without any problem. LOL on your sot comment.  ;D I have thought the same here because sometimes when my vertigo is acting up, I don't walk very straight, and have said to my sister that I bet some of my neighbors wonder if I've been tippling.  ;D ;D

Good Night, Beakers. Peace.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10000 on: October 09, 2023, 10:03:53 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DESTINI!  PAW-TAY ALL-DAY!!  MROW!  :D :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #10001 on: October 09, 2023, 11:05:16 PM »

Karen  relieved you managed your garbage to the curb for collection. I hope the receptacle had those rollers on the back. Still your neighbors---if Jim and I were down the street we'd do that for you. Even me with my vertigo.  ;)

Tsk That Pinterest is loaded with 'DIYs" . I don't think there'll be any surprises for 'Fat Bear Week'. 

Old Guy good kitty videos lotta laughs; many tks for the  new strides in cataract surgery video  ;)

Hi E4E

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10002 on: October 09, 2023, 11:10:54 PM »

Sending a "Good Night" with SEDs  to Everyone !

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:24:17 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10003 on: October 09, 2023, 11:28:58 PM »

Sweet Destini!
Norman and Milo wish you a Happy Birthday!!! 
🥳

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10004 on: October 10, 2023, 12:56:16 AM »

Karen, Good for you getting things done yourself, but please take care.... Do you think you could hire someone in the neighborhood to help you with small chores, like taking the trash bin out and bringing it back? If I was there I'd be glad to do it.

Tsk, There are about 25 community mail kiosks (thank you Baz  ;D) in our HOA. Our mailbox is at the end of our street.  ;D. We have 4 lg. bins for boxes, if the boxes don't fit or if the 4 bins are full, our postwoman will bring it to the door. And no pics are taken. I report the missing item to Amazon and post office. Sometimes P.O. will help, sometimes the post office will send the item back. Then I work it out with Amazon... The North American bears look great don't they! They're a good weight for the winter. Definitely not heavyweights like the Brown Bears of Alaska.  ;D.. I hope you've had a good day and feeling well.  :-*

Oldguy, thanks I read your post late afternoon and Mike will check out the Brothers printer sale on Amazon. He checked out the Brothers printers are highly rated.. He needs a color printer. He creates charts, graphs and designs... excited to hear about advancements in lens replacements. I need to watch it again...  I'm sending the video to Mike and friends. Thanks.

Baz, WOW! 140, you have a large community....  We do call our Post Office and I contact Amazon too. Sometimes the postal worker will help search for the package or they send it back. Or it will be placed on our doorstep. But no photos taken.... the Black Bears do look very healthy this year, though they are small when compared to the Alaska Brown Bears. {{{Baz}}} Tippling  ;D

Lisa, I hope you and Jeff had a fun day shopping and lunch out!  :)

Tig, a good day working outside and your well-earned fish for dinner! Yum!  ;D. YAY TWINS and Diamondbacks!  ;D

Clynn, yes, I'm quite happy to be Mike's Fedex girl!  ;D ... Gorgeous  plants, it would be heartbreaking to see them wilt after the first frost.  :(  ... but what a great place to buy them next spring.... I don't remember NEFL Samson having a sibling named Spirit. I remember sister Delilah. Maybe Spirit is from the following year.... what a great use for silly putty. I hadn't thought of that! ... I watched all the Our Gang shows. Alfalfa!  ;D

SED Eagles, Puff  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander