Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470656 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6660 on: July 03, 2023, 07:11:08 AM »

Jim Gordon took this photo in Dassel, MN

Looking out my living room window, I see my love bird red tails perched, my flag delivered and placed. All that's missing is my eagles and RAIN!
Just watched a line from the North dissipate entirely as it entered the Twin Cities Heat Dome....
Sure could have shared some of that rain tsk! ;) ;)

However, this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon look more promising...even severe with large hail and winds.

Going to drop grubex in the back today and may prepare for hail meaning bring annual plants to safety etc.

Baz - thanks for the info on the otters.....they sure do move fast...watching that embedded video.

kbshcb

« Reply #6661 on: July 03, 2023, 07:19:52 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1675616576257622016

Awe, an old blind dog gets a gentle massage....

I could use one of those Mr. Kitty.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6662 on: July 03, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Just came back from Animal Control, and Misty still has milk, so they will not spay her today.  They said, to wait till the next spay date, and she should be dried up by then.

kb - Pretty morning pic of the fireworks.  Hope you get a lil rain.

clynn - Thanks for the Breaking News from Sue, and for the beautiful family portraits if of the Boulder Osprey. Glad to hear you burgers turned out great on the indoor grill. 

Puff and tsk - Wow, lots of rain for you all!

Phyl - Great pics of your bluebirds!  Love the 4th arrangement. 

E4E - When I was at AC this morning, I mention to the girl that Jeff's cousin was coming to adopt Raven.  She says, yes she is supposed to be here at 10am. 

baz - Will do!  We had a quick thunderstorm last night.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6663 on: July 03, 2023, 09:04:52 AM »

WOOT WOOT..........Raven was just adopted! 

All kitties in good homes!

karengramke

« Reply #6664 on: July 03, 2023, 09:12:02 AM »

Sad day for me, my Mama died on July 3rd, 1959!   She was young at 53 having been born in 1906.  She would be 117 years old if still alive!  She would be shocked at hat she would see in the world today with all the intolerance and unkindness!

On a happier note, Piper went through another night of fireworks that were preceded by loud claps of thunder with no reaction!  I am very pleased with this but the house training is still a work in progress!

Pt early this  pm.
Good news on the rain.  Once remember a Downpour that resulted in serious flooding in Chicago.  Friend phoned and while we were talking I heard a Motor.  Said I,  who is the idiot cutting grass?  Said she, that is a motor boat going down the street!
Did you see Raven Lisa!  She should be adopted now!  Hugs! Just saw your post!  Yea!
Indoor grill sounds great!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 12:11:30 PM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6665 on: July 03, 2023, 10:13:54 AM »

some bounce
I finally got some sleep last night... about 3 hours. More rest n reading today for me as it will be a scorcher for us. We did get the usual 12 drops of rain this morning. And unfortunately the pool is closed for a maintenance issue. I will need to do a quick check on the berries later.

Watching Le Tour now...

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #6666 on: July 03, 2023, 10:48:12 AM »

Yeah for Raven!!!  Thanks to Raven's carelovers.

Such a fine job, what a beautiful outcome Lisa.  You, Misty, Jeff can certainly smile and now go on to a happy future.  Thanks for taking us along, sharing was fun.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6667 on: July 03, 2023, 11:06:47 AM »

CLYNN  Boy does that grill look like a good idea. Thanks for the info.  What an interesting hobby for Jennifer.  Wonder if these are nesting boxes that have been placed by environmental groups.  In the cul du sac where we had our Door county home there was a wild flower field in the middle and a group placed bluebird houses all over our property and one was in that field - but unoccupied.  Someone would come and check.    No. Cookie dough is not my favorite but if someone served it to me I  would not turn it down   ;) ;) ;)

KB  Felt guilty posting about the rain... ???   The link "had problems loading" I will try later.

LISA  I love sunflowers  ;D   Was Misty able to get spayed?  Kisses to Raven.

KAREN  Motor boat down the street  - now that is a lot of rain.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6668 on: July 03, 2023, 11:43:58 AM »

tsk - let me know....later.

Twitter is where I find a lot of cute videos and have always been able to view them without signing up.

This past weekend Twitter was imho a Hot Mess as Elon changed some rules/things...supposed to be temporary...Short story I did sign up just to be able to view these funny videos and it now works for me.

I am not sure though if anyone else will be able to view.....um, er at least temporarily..

Considering whether or not to put some tomato cages around my oriental lilies...which are now in bloom but very tall...I transplanted them late last year to a sunnier spot...
The only reason to support them is because of predicted heavy rain, possible hail, and strong winds today or tomorrow...we shall see if I want to hike down to the shed and get one...it's now a "feels like 94" here with high dew point....

karengramke

« Reply #6669 on: July 03, 2023, 12:17:54 PM »

Just out with Piper.  Temp now 93 goingto z98! Now feels like 111.  Not too bad as the humidity is only 55%😀

LisaG1967

« Reply #6670 on: July 03, 2023, 01:27:20 PM »

((karen)) - Remembering your ((mom)).  I did not see Raven at AC when I went this morning.  Jeff's cousin Rene' has already sent tons of pics of Raven on her car ride home.  I hope you and Piper are in the shade!

tig - Hope you can rest since you didn't get much sleep.  What do you do with all your berries, make pies, desserts??? 

Puff - Thank you!  :-*

tsk - No spay this week for Misty.   She still has milk, not much but some.  I love sunflowers too. 

kb
- Did you cage your lilies?

kbshcb

« Reply #6671 on: July 03, 2023, 01:35:37 PM »

((karen)) - Remembering your ((mom)).  I did not see Raven at AC when I went this morning.  Jeff's cousin Rene' has already sent tons of pics of Raven on her car ride home.  I hope you and Piper are in the shade!

tig - Hope you can rest since you didn't get much sleep.  What do you do with all your berries, make pies, desserts??? 

Puff - Thank you!  :-*

tsk - No spay this week for Misty.   She still has milk, not much but some.  I love sunflowers too. 

kb
- Did you cage your lilies?

Yes, I did..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6672 on: July 03, 2023, 01:47:27 PM »

Lisa... I usually don't have this kind of yield... would usually just have a few over ice cream or with milk. Will make some smoothie/malts tonite. I've frozen quite a lot this time for future use ... smoothies/sauce/whatever. No, desserts.  :-\
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6673 on: July 03, 2023, 03:24:11 PM »

So decided this AM to get my rear in gear and invite Tim's bro Tom and Barb and bachelor Uncle Jim to a dog burger and polish grill tomorrow.  Off to the grocery - ( after lunch out with Barb and another friend) and put together a broccoli/slaw/ramen noodle salad and a cold corn salad.  Will do a good potatoes on the grill tomorrow.

Too hot to be outdoors again today.

KB  Says it has "trouble loading". I do not have a Twitter acct. Could just be my computer since no one else is having a problem.  Never had problem with your Twitter sends before.   I have a few oriental lilies and they are close together - they are very tall and are in a tomato cage.

KAREN  Pretty warm down your way.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6674 on: July 03, 2023, 04:01:15 PM »

I have not yet heard from anyone that was able to successfully open my morning twitter video, tsk.

Not sure it's just you.....I'm waiting..tapping my fingers...

Meanwhile it's a miserable "feels like" 104 here.....rain may fizzle this afternoon me thinks.