Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470204 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6270 on: June 22, 2023, 12:53:26 PM »

LISA  I'd love to be there as well   ;) ;)   Maybe you can keep rack of who gets adopted. Not likely to tell you who adopted but which ones go quickly.  Free adoptions this weekend.  they must be making way for more "incomings"  - WOW  What is their usual charge?

KAREN  I've always wondered if Iris's age gives off adverse signals?  She is one old osprey.  Mom Decorah pretty much up there as well.  No eggs this year.  My PT first appt is Tues 27th at 6:30 PM !

LANI   Awww  Cute puffin report   What an irony about the Rush/ Straus connection  :o
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6271 on: June 22, 2023, 01:07:15 PM »

tsk - Maybe we can take a girls trip to that beach  ;)  Jeff said to them yesterday, I know you can't tell me who adopts one of the kittens, but could you let us know who gets adopted, and who doesn't get adopted, and they said they would keep in touch with us.  The adoption fee for kittens is $100, which includes all shots, microchip, spay/neuter and a wellness examination.

kb - Thank you  :)

Lani - Thanks for keeping up with Peeps puffins!  I have already cried every time I have looked in on the kitties today. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6272 on: June 22, 2023, 01:26:30 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl,  Are we doing Throwback Thursdays? Yay! I sometimes think of all the things that the Munchkins won't even have a clue about:

Yes!

All day long...    :)   

Mom had the fryer and the egg beater---used it to make her fluffy meringue. And the sifter. I learned to cook on all those items.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6273 on: June 22, 2023, 01:32:40 PM »

tsk  Jeff said to them yesterday, I know you can't tell me who adopts one of the kittens, but could you let us know who gets adopted, and who doesn't get adopted, and they said they would keep in touch with us.  The adoption fee for kittens is $100, which includes all shots, microchip, spay/neuter and a wellness examination.

Lani - Thanks for keeping up with Peeps puffins!  I have already cried every time I have looked in on the kitties today.

Try not to let your sadness show---as you know kitties will sense and could get apprehensive. The $100 is a fair fee. And smart, could deter the less desirable applicants.
I'm feeling sad and blue today  too ---will miss the photos and reading about those furry darlings. I pray goodness and love surrounds them  all the days of their lives in a forever home, always.  :-*

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #6274 on: June 22, 2023, 01:34:40 PM »

Aw!isa, only if they were not so very young! (((Lisa and Jeff)))

Tsk, some how I thought it was yesterday!

Harriet at swfl was n older bird  and M5 courted her and put up
With her foot kicks and generally bossy behavior!  Who knows, you could be right!

I still have s sifter and I donot understand why electric frying pans are obsolete!   I loved mine!

Had a view finder, a little different model!  Still have it!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 02:48:13 PM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6275 on: June 22, 2023, 01:59:27 PM »

bounce
We had those glasses, I still have my view master, and my Mom's electric fry pan, and the egg beater. And I still use them!

R.I.P.  Titan crew...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6276 on: June 22, 2023, 04:28:38 PM »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 04:33:03 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #6277 on: June 22, 2023, 04:42:13 PM »

Old timers day in Duluth- the Phillip R Clarke and  John G Munson built in 1952 and property of the Great Lakes Fleet arrive together this afternoon.

this was yesterday.
Duluth MN is the biggest and busiest shipping port of the Great Lakes.

They used to carry iron ore....I assume they still do but not absolutely sure.

Very cool big ships.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6278 on: June 22, 2023, 06:08:26 PM »

Have a good night, everyone

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6279 on: June 22, 2023, 06:54:33 PM »

(((LISA)))   That was the adoption fee at the shelter we got Lulu.  All other shelters we looked at were $200-$250 for the same thing.  We couldn't believe it.  (((JEFF)))

KAREN    I would have taken my Mom's electric fry pan when we broke up the house but another family member took it - they needed it more  LOL

TIG  At least they neve knew what happened... :(

LORI   Wonder summer gifs  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6280 on: June 22, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »

Hmm....fees here from rescue groups for dogs, different from shelters like Animal shelters?...not sure...run from 450-550 ..neutered, chipped and first round of vaccines.

Seems here now the Animal shelters run by the County are working often with the rescue groups.

My sister who used to work with these groups said that fee only covers the cost of the vet care for each animal...

I paid 450 for Ollie from a rescue group then foster in 2015.....

Is it that much cheaper for cats?...or cause it's the County shelter?

Phyl

« Reply #6281 on: June 22, 2023, 07:48:13 PM »

Tig    Indeed----R.I.P.  Titan crew  :'( :'( :'(

{{{Lisa and Jeff}}}  thinking of you and Misty as well.  :'( :'( :-* :-*

It's been a crazy day here for us both.  >:( :o ::)   I pour an Old Fashioned glass 2/3 full of vodka on the rocks and then added some cranberry juice .
Thats' how bad it was. I'll feel better in a few sips.  ;D

More in the 'morrow.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6282 on: June 22, 2023, 08:00:19 PM »

Wishing everyone...     

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6283 on: June 22, 2023, 09:26:19 PM »

Hi Beakers

LisaG - You & Jeff were/are the best fostering parents for Misty's kittens and gave so much (immeasurable), that It would be completely understandable if you decide not to do it again.  Speaking for myself, I had no clue as to how much love, devotion, expense, patience goes into fostering a Mama & her kittens. :-*
Lisa, my heart goes out to you in that I can only imagine how hard it will be on you to turn the kittens over to the AC.

Oldguy -  I concur with others here, that it's too bad someone can't work in your place so that you can go to the ATF.

Lani - I sure wish the best for Aly in that she gets the place next to the children's park that the two brothers own.   Like the Puffins!

Phyl - Beautiful pic out at Great Spirit Bluff  :)  Like the Viewmaster! :)  I had one  :)

Clynn - Love the fun pics of the Munchkins yesterday! ;D

Karen - Bummer about not liking your haircut. :(

Lori - Love your post tonight!  :)

{{{LisaG & Jeff}}}

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6284 on: June 22, 2023, 11:01:18 PM »

Tsk, interesting questions about Iris, I've wondered the same. She's the best and men can't deal with it.  ;D

{{{Hugs Lori}}}Love the fun and adorable summer pics/gifs.  ;D

Kb, very cool big ships.

SED Eagles, Phyl, Tig :)

{{{Lisa, Jeff and Misty}}}

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander