Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470672 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6255 on: June 22, 2023, 06:06:33 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  67 F  with a high 74F partly sunny, ow 63F  cloudy.

Prayers  for the lost Titanic submersible,  the Ocean Gate Titan.

OG
  too bad for you regarding the ATF; tks for Q-kids & videos

Lisa  nice complement from the AC; Do you think you both would ever consider fostering, again? 

Lani  I think Anthony's already fledged as he's been flying around a bit anyway. 
The  OceanGate tour mishap,  occured on the Titanic sinking anniversary--hum?
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6256 on: June 22, 2023, 06:14:49 AM »

With all that activity at Two Harbor's nest yesterday, I found Anthony still asleep this morning 

Jun 22, 2023 5:54 AM
Camera Time: Jun 22, 2023 3:54 AM PDT

Jun 21, 2023 9:15 PM
Camera Time: Jun 21, 2023 7:13 PM PDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6257 on: June 22, 2023, 06:23:53 AM »

I popped in on GSB and I think this might be 'Alice' as Chat is  gabbing that she's  fledged

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Jun 22, 2023 6:15 AM
Camera Time: Jun 22, 2023 6:15 AM CDT

GABear Mod
14 minutes ago
Alice Fledged early this morning!! 4:58 AM CT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6258 on: June 22, 2023, 06:25:15 AM »

For Thursday...

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6259 on: June 22, 2023, 06:54:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

The Munchkins were good yesterday, we went to the park, played in the yard and more...Talon was on the laptop most of the time inside, but Bella worked on some of her Barbie's hair after I worked on hers! We painted and I swear she spent an hour at the sink playing in the water!

Lani, loved reading the Bear Report and watching the videos! They are getting a wonderful upgrade, the dens look great. It will be interesting to see what Tasha and Holly do this fall when it's time to den!  You can tell that Sharon is in charge around there and that the bears are like her children!  Lynn has a good person watching over those bears... Have my fingers crossed and prayers going out for Aly to get that place you spoke of. Close to the park would be great!

Puff, I missed giving you a hug on Ton's Heavenly Birthday... Love hearing your memories...

oldguy, can't you trade weekends with someone so you can go to ATF? Maybe you've already tried...it's just sad that you won't be able to go...

Lisa, do you and Jeff think you would like to foster again? It will be hard to let them go, but think of all the families that will be made happier because they have one of them! I think the rescue shelters do a good job of screening applicants, at least they did here when we got Harley. Love Jeff's pictures!

Phyl, I agree, I think Anthony has fledged, at least it sure looks like it! He was tired, sound asleep this morning! Wonder if he is dreaming of his new freedom! So is there now one GSB kid that hasn't fledged yet? I hope they all do well and that Newman is able to keep track of all them!! Are we doing Throwback Thursdays? Yay! I sometimes think of all the things that the Munchkins won't even have a clue about:

Barn Swallow

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6260 on: June 22, 2023, 07:14:53 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL

65 heading to 83 sunny

LANI   Can't even think about that sub - Just tragic.     So Aly actually got to see one of the houses.  Prayers she gets that one.  It will be interesting what the bears do with their own dens - may still try to make new ones?   What a great evening photo!!

PHYL   Never had a view - master myself but friends did   ;)

CLYNN  Like the "whole box of crayons".   Bella is a very busy little girl.  She is going to do great in school  :D     Loved the throwback items - Still use a sifter on occasion  LOL     Otters are just the cutest.  Always an attraction at the zoo
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6261 on: June 22, 2023, 07:48:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Cool on the purple streaks in hair!  Enjoy your long drive the weekend before ATF.

oldguy - Thanks for the Q-Kids video.  Aww, you will be missed in Decorah!

Lani - To be honest, I don't think I could do this again.  I did it so we could adopt Misty, but yes, it is going to be VERY hard to let the kittens go tomorrow!  Beautiful photo from the person in your community. Fingers crossed for Aly & Dewey!!

Phyl - No, I don't think I can do it again.  It is already upsetting me that I have to give these guys up tomorrow.   :'(  Thanks for the cam pics.  Yay, Alice!!

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins and looks like they had a great time.  Ohhh, love all that vintage household stuff.  I do have a sifter like the one in your pic, but it is all silver.  Loved when my Maw Maw fried chicken in the electric skillet.

tsk - I would love to be on that beach in your morning greeting. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6262 on: June 22, 2023, 08:51:23 AM »

bounce

(((  Lisa  )))

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6263 on: June 22, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »

Stormy morning here!  Alert until 10! Very dark outside now! :'(
Do not like my hair cut!   I kept saying, do not cut my bangs too short and she did!   I look like a basketball with fringe!  Lolol!  The good thing is that it will grow and I do not have an important date real soon!  Purple streaks?    Have to see this!   Picture?
Old guy, sorry you will miss atf!
I agree that Anthony has fledged!  I wonder about Iris!  She cant keep a man! Nice house, plenty of food! 
Weather moving out! 
Clynn, good pictures!   Looks like a full and fun day at your house.   How is Honey and do you have to use the anti nausea meds?
Lani, hope .aly gets the house!
Lisa, does ac have adopters waiting for kittens?   They have posted the pictures!  I feelso sad for you and Jeff! These kitties still need mama!

LisaG1967

« Reply #6264 on: June 22, 2023, 09:30:09 AM »

tig - Thanks  :-*

karen - I know there was some other kittens that they were looking for fosters that they had posted pics of.  I think our kitties will be spayed/neutered first and then have their pics taken and posted on their website.  At least that is what they told me.  Jeff has a few people that have contacted him about the kitties, but they will need to fill out the adoption form thru AC, but I don't think AC has any adopters lined up yet.  I did see this weekend adoption fees were free!

karengramke

« Reply #6265 on: June 22, 2023, 10:09:25 AM »

Lisa, I do not like free adoptions!  As you know, pet ownership is not cheap and entails more than feeding uality food and playing!  If someone cnnot afford to pay an adoption fee they cannot afford to own an animal! Jmho but my mind cnt be changed! Iwish you could keep them until they have adopters!   I spoke to Misty and she agrees!   Lol

Tsk, meant to sk how your pt went and what you learned about your back!   Hope things are looking up!

Puff

« Reply #6266 on: June 22, 2023, 10:33:28 AM »

Stormy morning here!  Alert until 10! Very dark outside now! :'(
Do not like my hair cut!   I kept saying, do not cut my bangs too short and she did!   I look like a basketball with fringe!  Lolol!  The good thing is that it will grow and I do not have an important date real soon!  Purple streaks?    Have to see this!   Picture?
Old guy, sorry you will miss atf!
I agree that Anthony has fledged!  I wonder about Iris!  She cant keep a man! Nice house, plenty of food! 
Weather moving out! 
Clynn, good pictures!   Looks like a full and fun day at your house.   How is Honey and do you have to use the anti nausea meds?
Lani, hope .aly gets the house!
Lisa, does ac have adopters waiting for kittens?   They have posted the pictures!  I feelso sad for you and Jeff! These kitties still need mama!

KarenG   What's the site for AC kitties are at?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #6267 on: June 22, 2023, 11:30:08 AM »

Lisa, I do not like free adoptions!  As you know, pet ownership is not cheap and entails more than feeding uality food and playing!  If someone cnnot afford to pay an adoption fee they cannot afford to own an animal! Jmho but my mind cnt be changed! Iwish you could keep them until they have adopters!   I spoke to Misty and she agrees!   Lol

Tsk, meant to sk how your pt went and what you learned about your back!   Hope things are looking up!

I am sure Misty agrees!   ;D

The adoption fee isn't always free.  From what I have noticed about our Animal Shelter, which is run by the County which I use to work for, they do the free adoptions as an incentive to get people to come in and adopt a pet.  Those that don't have to pay the adoption fee, still have to fill out an application to adopt a pet. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6268 on: June 22, 2023, 11:38:06 AM »

Seal Island Puffin Burrow Cam - posted by Audubon Celeste

Happy Summer Solstice! Summer is officially here, which means we can expect longer days and warmer temperatures. Still waiting on the warmer temps, though, as it hasn’t gotten warmer than 70 degrees here in Maine in a while!
Our puffins, who spend their summers breeding here off the Gulf of Maine, are in sync with the season. This is a busy time for them (and the myriad other seabirds who inhabit Seal Island!), seeing as they’re now engaged in chick feeding and rearing.
Evidence of this comes from our on-cam burrow, where Duryea is growing steadily. He’s becoming quite the rotund little puffling! After a valiant battle with a butterfish last week, it looks like Duryea’s diet has returned to the much more easily digestible food. Willie and Millie are great at ensuring little Duryea doesn’t go hungry!

Big white tummy Puffling with parent in background.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

{{{Karen}}} sorry about the hair cut  :(.... I know poor Iris  :(

{{{Lisa and Jeff}}} oh tomorrow  :'( ... I'll try to be a good supportive friend for you and not blubber or moan. I know how hard tomorrow and days to follow may be. Enjoy your day. Bless you both.

Tsk, I bet Tasha will try to redo this new den. She's a worker, Holly is lazy.  ;D

Clynn, the kids look great and enjoying being cozy in your family room ... I have Mike's grandmother's metal hand mixer and it works.  ;D  I had my wedding electric frying pan for 35 years or so. Yes, on the flour sifter too! Sweet mama otter.

Phyl, I had a viewmaster and my mom had those glasses.

Phyl, Thanks for updates on Anthony and GSB kids.What a success it is to see all 4 doing well!! Congrats dad Newman!  :-* It's sweet to see the two siblings remain close.... This is what I read last night "OceanGate founder and CEO Stockton Rush is married to Wendy Rush, the great-great-granddaughter of Isidore and Ida Straus, who choose to remain onboard the sinking Titanic together so that others could escape to safety in their place."  https://www.npr.org/2023/06/22/1183704775/oceangate-stockton-rush-wife-titanic-movie-couple.  I remember this couple was written in the Titanic movies.  :'(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6269 on: June 22, 2023, 12:28:19 PM »

True story, this morning....

Way too hot with ozone high....can't wait till Saturday with the chance of heavy rain....might be our first 1 inch of rain in almost two months....over 90 here all week and till Sunday....the visual driving around town is sad/awful...just returned from grocery store and glad to be home and inside for the day other than watering tonight after 6pm.

Lisa - this too shall pass....you were both great foster parents....and now have 2 permanent kitty's...