Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470690 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4110 on: April 23, 2023, 04:41:08 PM »

Oh Lisa, so happy to hear you and Jeff are Cat Grandparents! And I bet Misty is doing fine, being a great Mama to the little ones! I just read, a 7th one and a little one at that!  They are all so tiny and beautiful!  I found this online, it may be helpful.

'One of our cats just had 4 kittens yesterday morning and they are so cute  This is my first time with this experience so I'm a little clueless about how to care for them (mama and babies). There is one runt who is about half the size of the other 3 and doesn't seem to be able to nurse well. He has a hard time searching for a nipple and doesn't seem to understand how to latch on. Plus since he is smaller he gets trampled and pushed under by the other kittens. Last night my hubby was able to help him get nursing and he did ok once he got going, but I'm worried that if we aren't helping him he's not going to nurse much and since he's already so small I'm worried he will not do well. Is there anything I should be doing to help him more, or will he just learn? Also, the mama cat sometimes rolls over onto the kittens and the bigger ones can crawl out but the runt just whines, I'm afraid that she might smother him, is that possible? She does care for him, and is always checking on him if I hold him to make sure he's ok, so I think she would know if she was hurting him. And the mama keeps coming into our kitchen as if to find something else to eat, could she maybe need something else to eat besides her normal cat food?'

This was the answer from The Catsite:
Firstly, you should be feeding the mother cat kitten food. I hope your doing this. Also, feed her as much as she wants, because the babies need it as much as she does.

A lot of members will suggest that if the 'runt' doesn't get any better, then to start bottle feeding him/her with KMR from the vet.

As caring goes, just make sure they are warm, and that you change the blanket every 1-2 days. And keep an eye on the runt, don't leave it too long until you put him on KMR, they can deteriorate very quickly.

I am posting on my new computer! Now I have to put everything back together so I can get back in the groove... Someone asked what kind of computer, it's Cybertron/CLX. It's a gaming computer, that's what Erin picked for me last time, he likes the gaming computers best. I am certainly not a gamer, but it has everything he thinks I need. Plus this one has a light show on the front, and a little remote co I can change the light show colors and patterns...  ::) ::)  Windows 11.  Wonder what has changed...

Lani, the SP chick is looking so grown up...the feathers are so white, but she has a bit of a dirty face! LOLOL! I do so remember sitting on the edge of my seat at work waiting for Harmon's parents to return! Wasn't it over 24 hours? They were just about ready to go up the tree and take him back out of the nest...They both finally showed up and both started feeding him until he was stuffed, and Mama was kissing him all over...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bopzSH7iRos Thanks for the memory videos!

baz, all those kittens climbing the Mt. Everest sofa!  ;D ;D ;D

Phyl, I think I will get some of those fishies for Harley and Honey to play with on the deck...once it is screened in!

Wild Heart Ranch - Good Morning Everyone!!! This was the best I could do to get all the great-horned owls into one picture. It was just like taking pictures of a bunch of kids that would not listen. 🙂 -Greg

Norwich Peregrine Falcon Forum - Paul Carpenter  · Returning to incubation duties, 11am Sunday 23/04/23

Lisa, another of your beautiful pictures!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4111 on: April 23, 2023, 04:52:52 PM »

7 !?!!!
Camper says: Call that vet and say... How many fingers am I holding up,?!?  LOL..
Hang in there...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #4112 on: April 23, 2023, 05:09:32 PM »

clynn - Thanks for the online post you found.  The girl from AC has been in constant contact with me all day, and has been very helpful in answering most of my questions.  The first 4 came out very easy for Misty, but when it came to the 5th, she started howling, and almost panicking.  She did the same for the last one.  She did the same thing about an hour ago, and we were like OMG, please don't let it be 8 kittens!  Thanks for posting my pic of HM & DH2  :-*

tsk
- She had the first one under Bradley's bed, just like we figured she would.  I had a feeling it would be today, as she had been pacing and very ansty this morning.  As soon as Jeff heard her, he lifted up the mattress, grabbed her and the kitten and moved them to the lil birthing pool I had set up in Bradley's room.  The scale came from AC.

The last one, we think has finally started to nurse.  It was making us nervous as it wouldn't latch on.  We called AC and they told us to come up there and get some formula just in case.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4113 on: April 23, 2023, 05:28:50 PM »

LISA   Oh NO #7  I bet you two are exhausted!!

CLYNN   You are up and running.  :)  Love the owls
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #4114 on: April 23, 2023, 05:36:56 PM »

The American Eagle Foundation has studied the situation at Dale Hollow...They have a plan. Have offered to rescue the eagle and have a rescue team already assembled.

Crossing my fingers they will be allowed to continue.

I have read further they refused the help from 2 sources even though both saw the video, know the terrain etc.

Please don't post about this nest anymore....thank you. I have no words for people like this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 05:43:42 PM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4115 on: April 23, 2023, 05:58:12 PM »

Have a good night, everyone! 

I am tired!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4116 on: April 23, 2023, 07:56:14 PM »

Update!!!!!!

We have a tiny 7th one, another solid black one and trying to get it to nurse.

OMG!
Poor Misty---so exhausted.
#7 is the runt I bet.

You might have to get a bottle and some kitten formula and bottle feed it as I'm afraid the others will push it out. At least I hope not.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4117 on: April 23, 2023, 08:07:45 PM »

I've just skimmed thru the posts today.  So likely missed a thing or two.

Lori and all who posted about other nests many thanks for the updated. It seems that our nests will be suffering losses.
Sending prayers to St Francis and St Catherine for all the wildlife and cats.  Animals have a most difficul life and I know The Creator has provided for them. And, us as well. But still, their's is most difficult compared to ours.
Extra prayers for Dale Hallow nest  which  is near me. I follow this one just don't post.

For all those recovering from illnesses---get well soon!

Clynn I am considering getting a couple of those fishies for Mags. I think they're $10 a pop? Is that what you understood?

Maggie sends her purrs to  Beakroom pets.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:15:41 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4118 on: April 23, 2023, 08:14:58 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4119 on: April 23, 2023, 08:53:27 PM »

Kb - I hope Andrew gives you some good help tomorrow.  Thank you Kb - I will do what I can to try and enjoy our trip, but I just wish that Star had stayed healthy and that my son would have been here with her.  That would have been the perfect situation.

Lori - So happy that both your Grandmas are doing good and glad your Uncle is out of the hospital.  Thank you so much for your PM! :-*

LisaG - I looked ahead in Beak and saw that Misty had 7 kittens!!!  Now you have a little work cut out for you in looking after the 'runt' small little one.  I have no doubt that you & Jeff will do all you can.  Go get you some much needed rest!

Tsk - I can't hardly look at those poor youngsters tangled in fishing line. 

Lani - Love your cute 'shout out' for the kittens!!  Thanks for Albatross pic & info!

Tig - Hope you & Camper had a wonderful belated Easter breakfast with Camper's family! :)  Hope the food was delicious!

Karen - Awe, such memories you must have of those precious members; Putter, Bogey, & Sassy.  I remember Sassy!

Ginger - Good info regarding the DH nest.

Baz - Nice that you had a beautiful Spring day!

Clynn - Good advice that you saw on line that might help LisaG  :)

Phyl - Yeah - Maggie might like a few of those fishies! 

Beakers have a good evening and sleep well.

oldguy

« Reply #4120 on: April 23, 2023, 11:46:44 PM »

Lisa

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4121 on: April 24, 2023, 12:25:39 AM »

Hi Beakers…..

We have 6 kittens!!! 

One solid black, two grey tabby, and 3 that look like Misty 😍

Misty had a hard time delivering kitten #5, as it was the biggest one at 3.70 oz.  It was the solid black one.

Not the greatest pic with the color of the blanket but here is one.

{{{Lisa}}} such sweet precious babies. Hugs to you and Jeff! What a day you both had, especially sweet Mama Misty. :-*. Congratulations, get some rest, I pray everyone sleeps well tonight... prayers for the littlest B&B kitty baby too.  :-*

Clynn, great info for Lisa. I wondered what to do about the littlest one too. I've watched Jackie on Friends of Feline Rescue Center spend the most time giving extra feedings for the littlest one.... I didn't know about a gaming computer.  ??? ... Do you like it?  ;D .... MN Bound Mama and Harmon that was the best good night video. I cried tears of joy along with many hundreds that was watching too.   :-* .... love the owlets... another sweet Decorah pic.

Tig, Camper's is spot on!  ;D

{{{Hugs Eagles}}} thinking of you  :-*

SED Phyl, I'm thinking of getting one toy fish too.  :)

Prayers for the Dale Hollow and Sauces eagles.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Star, SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4122 on: April 24, 2023, 02:38:22 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4123 on: April 24, 2023, 02:41:44 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

« Reply #4124 on: April 24, 2023, 06:11:51 AM »

Good Morning ...

Congratulations Misty, Lisa, Jeff and Bandit !

Now  36 F .Today 62F mostly sunny . And, tonight 39F mostly c lear skies.

Lisa you and Jeff are now the proud pet parents of 9---Nine cats.  ;D   
Maggie sending extra purrs for #7

Prayers for Dale Hallow Lake bald eaglets, who  are still tangled with parents working on detangling from what I can gather. News is sparse and difficult to come by.

#IstandwithEvan