Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470815 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2400 on: March 04, 2023, 01:57:34 PM »

((Clynn)), thank you for that update! This is the 2nd time I was sending a post for TSK, while you were posting an update for us!  ;) :)  I know it's still a rough go for her, but I'm so glad to hear of some improvement in the pain... every little bit helps.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2401 on: March 04, 2023, 02:11:18 PM »

Lani, I would love to nuzzle the muzzle  ;) of that big kitty's face you posted. What a beauty!  :-*  But I wouldn't dare.  ;) :D  Did you get a lot more snow on top of what was in your video?  I see your team plays their game immediately before my team does today.  I hope Mike got a fresh batch of Cozy Burgers!  ;)  If not for today, then for the upcoming tournaments. Hope you won't need to hide in your office during the game.  ;D Yikes! LOL.  I'm wearing my team's colors, have their flag on my front door, and have the appropriate message to the other "biggest rivalry" team we're playing on a button pinned to my shirt.  ;) ;D

HAVE A HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!   :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2402 on: March 04, 2023, 03:34:34 PM »

Just got a message from Barb:  'Just talked to Sue. Pain at a more tolerable 8 level. Will be moved to a floor 708 soon. She's been sitting up and eating and will go for a walk later.  So keep those prayers coming. She still has a long way to go.'

I will ask Barb to send the address/room # of the hospital so we can send cards, if anyone wants to. I know I do!

Great news, Like Baz posted, every little bit helps! Thanks Clynn, I sent card to her home.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 03:39:14 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2403 on: March 04, 2023, 03:44:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/754996319388475/?s=single_unit&__cft__[0]=AZVdUMGYKrDbtcckwxXybvf6QUDC2aVZD9j5H-MARhpQVEyF6PXlVpL1HjF74UPuSpocWEZUjQzNDawN6qxjP8YYw8De9Ql6oB2u36bMycVhQXQmgyW_npowftCF8bJzj4sr0UHeH224TREf-ssPLC9uifpzEOd3hC-_iSVaUKG0x6LSjm9_KIadLEPzg1bEUxINwpg4NJ0hKEhLZPqLaT0B&__tn__=H-R

Who couldn't use some good news?
Watch this K9....

Kb, That was adorable!  Big ole bear loves his ice cream! :-*

Mommoth Lake ...  and she's still smiling! LOL!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2404 on: March 04, 2023, 04:20:17 PM »

Lani - so reminds me also of how Scott used to share his ice cream with Ollie....

I guess I need to buy more ice cream!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2405 on: March 04, 2023, 04:46:51 PM »

Lani, south of Lake Tahoe                                                               Central Valley                                                                                        Mammoth Lake

Good Lord, that is a LOT of snow!

I asked Barb if it would be better to send cards to the hospital or her home, she said to send them to her home. I have the address, PM me if you need it.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2406 on: March 04, 2023, 06:15:24 PM »

clynn - Thanks for the recent update on tsk, and a card is on the way!  Good lord is right on that snow! 

Have a good night, everyone!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2407 on: March 04, 2023, 06:52:11 PM »

... reminds me of the story of a bad winter just after my parents built their home here. The plows only hit the main roads and my Dad had to get to work. He hand shoveled the back street from our house mid block to the corner so he could get the car out. I figured the length to be a football  field and a quarter! Wow...

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #2408 on: March 04, 2023, 11:04:42 PM »

Lani - so reminds me also of how Scott used to share his ice cream with Ollie....

I guess I need to buy more ice cream!

:-*

Lani

« Reply #2409 on: March 04, 2023, 11:22:40 PM »

Lisa, Thanks, I'll sign up tomorrow. I looked at your beautiful pics in the Decorah eagle thread. Nice to see HM and Mr North on their nests tonight. It's sad DNF never wants to sit on the egg.

Baz, the snow has melted, but the creek is still flowing... sorry about today's games for both of teams... sigh  :(  I hid in the garage and did some work.  ... Tournament week is upon us, and yes, I will surprise Mike with Cozy burgers. They will be delivered at Shannon's home and she'll drive up here to surprise Mike...  MARCH MADNESS BABY IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Clynn, "Good Lord is right!" That is a lot of snow. I sent Sue's card Thursday.... "it's the cat's birthday!" LOL!  ;D awww sweet cat in the doll bed.  ;D.

Tig, Oh my your poor dad! And he went to work after that. WOW!

Good night Tsk, we miss you and hold you close in our prayers!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2410 on: March 05, 2023, 07:01:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I can tell, you are looking forward to March Madness!  It's soon cozy Burger time! Mr. North is still asleep on the nest, HM on the Decorah nest where the peaceful creek runs...

tig, WOW is right!

Phyl, so far so good at Sauces!

Hoping to get even better news on Sue today! Gotta get busy, we are celebrating Sydney's birthday today, I am fixing her favorite meal: salmon and potatoes on the grill, fresh asparagus, garden salad and homemade rhubarb pie.

SF Bay Ospreys - Rosie and Richmond visited the nest this morning. Two corvids, possibly the Ravens that are working on a nest toward the far end of the boom (see video for location) ended their visit.    https://youtu.be/HU-n6_ZJu94 (Due to technical difficulties there is no sound to this video.)     Watch live at www.sfbayospreys.org.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2411 on: March 05, 2023, 07:10:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

Lani - Thanks for the kind words on the pics in Decorah thread.  Yes, very sad that DNF won't sit on egg, but Mr N is not giving up. 

tig - Geesh, your poor Dad doing all that shoveling, but a dedicated employee to go in after all that!

clynn - Love all your morning pics.  Hope you get an update on Sue.  Sydney's birthday meals sounds yummy!  Fingers crossed for Sauces.  Good pic of R&R. 

Puff

« Reply #2412 on: March 05, 2023, 07:47:55 AM »

Opps - we've got a canadian goose house hunting at N2B again.  Wonder if it's the same one as last week?  Should have brought a mate.

P

Lani

« Reply #2413 on: March 05, 2023, 10:54:18 AM »

Feeding time on Sloth TV - sweet Robin :-*

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Clynn, I watched the Decorah cams and checked Sauces cam too. It's a gorgeous day, grasses are hiding the egg, but it's still there.  :). ... while at DNN Mr North continues to brood the egg and DNF is on the branch. She has not laid in the nest at all.... R & R look great! ... Have a lovely time with Sydney, Erin and munchkins. Her birthday dinner sounds delicious!  ;D

Lisa, Mr North is doing a great job!

Puff, thanks for goose update.

Lani

« Reply #2414 on: March 05, 2023, 11:13:39 AM »

Marine wildlife thrive best in protected ocean areas. New Zealand's marine biodiversity:
https://doc.govt.nz/nature/habitats/marine/new-zealands-marine-biodiversity/
Scroll down to the graphic showing the continental shelf break where the ocean depth is around 2km deep, this is the area the Northern Royal Albatross feed in.

New Zealand is known for having one of the most unique marine environments on the planet. Learn more about the world we have underwater.
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/habitats/marine/new-zealands-marine-biodiversity/

3/5 - Yesterday  SP chick had a few visitors stop by BLY Dad of UQ chick & a Blue. Watch for the little wingercises at the end.

1. This week it is Sea Week in Australia & New Zealand
Both countries have marine focused activities, check them out here:   https://msc.org/en-au/what-you-can-do/campaign-for-change/sea-week

https://twitter.com/i/status/1632132246219149313

Royal Albatross ~ Tumanako (ROR) Flies In Twice To Join Albie Party! SP Little Wings! 🐥 3.3.23 by Lady Hawk

Where the Albie party is located is another nest with chick. You can see it's little white head pop up towards end of video. Thank you Lady Hawk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_eZqquZed4

I wish I was on the cruise ship