Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 151988 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4125 on: May 04, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »

It was explained shortly after the accident, that the crew are all from India, so they do not have visas to debark the ship.  What happens after the ship is freed from the bridge and needs to go to a dock for repairs has not been explained.  Repairs could take a year or more.  So I assume that arrangements would be made to allow them to get to an airport for them to fly home or to transfer to another ship traveling outbound from the US.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #4126 on: May 04, 2024, 11:53:09 AM »

I can't get over Ollie's comprehension of language.

If I want him to leave me all I have to say is "I'm going in the shower"..

I've never used that word in association with a bath...he HATES that word.

As he's so ever present, aware, etc. he somehow associates the shower water that he never sees with water for his bath.

Smarty pants.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4127 on: May 04, 2024, 12:14:29 PM »

It's amazing how much they know. Even Rosie, who visits once or twice a year, knows all my routines.  :D

Thanx OldGuy
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4128 on: May 04, 2024, 12:27:50 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, beautiful Ginger  ;D

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} Fun watching Cuckoo hunting for a tasty snack!  Talons crossed Jim's able to come home. Praying all of you will rest better when he does.  :-*

Clynn, cute Caturday pics and sweet Falcon chicks.... my heart is so happy seeing Iris at her nest majority of the time again and now, the nest doesn't look lonely anymore. Talons crossed for another egg that's acceptable to NG... Ranunculus has gorgeous blooms, they look like good ground cover too. It's a shame its toxic to people/pets. Sadie loves to taste strange things. Two days ago, she dug up one of my potted roses and ate a fertilizer spike. She's never done that before. So far she's okay.  :-\

Puff, thanks for the banana storage tips. Mike eats one every morning, he doesn't like them when they turn. I don't either.

Hi Tsk, Lisa, Tig, Kb have a good day!  ;D

Oldguy, great story of the history of the scenic railway in Dubuque, IA. It's an amazing build in the 1800's... The view is great today, but can you imagine how stunning it was in the 1800's! Thanks for links and update on Hawaii and Iceland, and Baltimore bridge work. I'll check out what's going on.... Poor General, I got a kick out of Claire doing most of the talking and the vet would only say yes and agree.  ;D... awww the rescued kittens, I read further and see moms were caught too and spayed. Bless them  :-*

Karen, glad your cpap worked  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #4129 on: May 04, 2024, 01:29:31 PM »

It's amazing how much they know. Even Rosie, who visits once or twice a year, knows all my routines.  :D

Thanx OldGuy

Ollie is now studying me while I watch and rock to the video of "Still my guitar gently weeps" with Prince on my tv..still gives me goose bumps when Prince jumps in. Windows closed so I'm blasting it with my subwoofer. Not sure he knows what to think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCooFKk3c

LisaG1967

« Reply #4130 on: May 04, 2024, 04:55:19 PM »

Puff - We eat a banana a day, too.  I have started hanging mine on a fruit hanger, instead of laying them in the fruit bowl with the apples.  The apples seem to make them turn faster. 

oldguy - Many thanks for all the videos, and love your Ahh, its finally Caturday pic.

karen - It has been nothing but rain all day, and very chilly.  I had to turn the heat back on!

Phyl - Has Jim made it home?

Lani - You have a good weekend, too. 

Have a good night, everyone
  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4131 on: May 04, 2024, 05:12:16 PM »

Such a busy day - time to catch up before I run out and grab a pizza for tonight as Tim ate the leftovers I planed for dinner, for lunch today  sigh.   ::)

CLYNN   Kitty very comfy in Buddha's lap  LOL  Do you know I have tried twice now to plant lilies of the valley in a place where I don't mind if they spread - no dice!!!  WOW  it has been longer than I thought at Hellgate for a productive nest.  This year has to be a winner.
Thanks for the Ranunculus update.  No bulbs for me!  Pretty sure vincas are on the list of annuals to plant and are rabbit proof.

PHYL   So did Jim get to come home today?  New meds??

PUFF  It made national news the other day when Trader Joes raised the price of a banana from 19 cents to 23 cents!!!  They had been 19 cents FOREVER.  It is still cheaper there than my 2 other groceries - Maybe Aldi's would be cheaper but I don't have one close.

OLDGUY    The close-ups of the bridge project is unbelievable.  So much work to be done.  New kitty TV channels  LOL   Oh, those kitten rescues.  God bless the man who does those.  Hard job.   VIP  cat  ;D   Thanks for the info on the crew of the Dali.  For sure under the circumstances they could not live a year on that ship.

LANI   Loved your Simon good morning  ;D   WOW  who would expect Sadie to do that.  Luckily all OK.  I noticed that too.  Dr Kim's only line was "yes"  LOLOL

Tim and I got "his" garden planted today.  He had prepped the soil a while ago so I took the 2 tomato plants and separated what turned out to be 30 onions and planted them and he took his 5 pea plants and 2 cukes and 3 pepper plants and got those in the ground.  Tomorrow, cut dead blooms off the lilac and put mesh over my black eyed susan patch where the deer ate them to the ground last year!  Never happened in 15 previous years .  :o
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4132 on: May 04, 2024, 05:47:32 PM »

Tsk, your left overs must have been delicious!  Enjoy the puzza!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4133 on: May 04, 2024, 06:18:05 PM »

Well---my guy is home, showered and shampooed in his fave set of comfy sweats. Resting in his Lazy-Boy with his feet up.
Eating his favorite fruit---banana. Looks great but is weak from his ordeal and no activity.
I am making thin crust  turkey  pepperoni/mushroom , veggie mozzarella  pizza and a chicken, alfredo/spinach w/Kalamata olives pizzas. A green
salad of romaine hearts, spinach and baby kale w/ romas. And, vino.

TSK- No new meds. But, some adjustments in the ones he's currently taking. Old time kitties for Caturday -sweet

OG- tks for  'the bridge' info om Dali crew/photos; kitty rescues Ditto TSK  God bless those who rescue kitties (pups, all wildlife/ocean life);   LOL 'Ahhh...finally Caturday.'

LISA- I luv bananas but they don't even like me; my fave fruit are nectarines (aka peaches w/o the fuzz); luv peaches too; Jim always has a
banana daily. Rained here most of today as well--had set for the furnace but never turned on.

LANI- Simon AM  LOL ;     All this week I didn't get but 2hrs a night for one reason or another.  Last night I fell asleep while eating dinner (it was 11pm)  I had wrestled with a jammed printer for hours and then presto !

KAREN- so glad Cpap is working for you; can see why Inspire might not be good idea.  Pets to Piper

T40- missed you / posts for Caturday
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4134 on: May 04, 2024, 06:19:13 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4135 on: May 04, 2024, 06:32:14 PM »

PHYL  Wonderful that Jim is home - recovery is always faster.  More moving around and doing daily activities to a mild degree at first.
You both should get a good nights sleep tonight  :-*
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4136 on: May 04, 2024, 07:07:18 PM »

tsk  Looks like we're in for another deluge.  BTW when I got outside today I remember to check the gauge - 1 1/4 inch just for the Thursday night. 

Lani - New and improved comes at a price - your sanity.  I mentioned this month I'm dealing with new computer and it has HP11.  I tried  yesterday, all day yesterday, to get what I wanted.  Took me through lunch and dinner late.  But you feel so good when you hit the jackpot!  What simple unimportant thing was it???   In the process if transferring info from old to new machine I lost my screensaver.

(Picture this - sky blue background with an eagle soaring, carrying a newly caught fish, wings from one side to the other on the screen. Taking it home for dinner!)  No clouds, no trees - just the eagle and the beautiful blue sky.  Had that screen since my first computer.  I was determined!!!

I know you know I used to teach business ed to juniors and seniors.  I tried the positive approach with the kids and their machines.  I'd keep telling the kids - Don't let the machine win.  Well, computers were new to the Chgo system back then, 1990?  And technology was not my major, but we wanted the intercity kids to be primed/prepared.  And, so here I sit, still for hours sometimes, making sure the machine doesn't win.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4137 on: May 04, 2024, 08:37:43 PM »

Bounce
Way to go Twins... Knocking the socks off.... Lol
And the Wolves!!!

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #4138 on: May 04, 2024, 09:12:09 PM »

Phyl, glsd to hear Jim is home!  Have a good evening and get some sleep tonight!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4139 on: May 04, 2024, 09:24:24 PM »

Bounce
Way to go Twins... Knocking the socks off.... Lol
And the Wolves!!!

SED

LOL  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander