Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 147496 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3630 on: April 17, 2024, 01:59:59 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!   :D

I walked 21 minutes today.

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3631 on: April 17, 2024, 02:11:33 PM »

Karen- Hope you had a good appt yesterday with your Orthopedic doctor!

Tig - Glad your engine light is out now.  Nice of Camper to have taken care of it and got breakfast!    Enjoy the pool today  :)

Kb- Great to see you!  Hope Chris had a nice birthday and glad you shared his birthday wishes from the Beakers with him. ;D  Great idea that you had Chris' birthday treat delivered - especially with the weather situation!    Ouch!! Just read about your toe  :o  You are right to ice it right away!  Hope it starts feeling better soon.

Baz- Liked your birthday post for Chris!

Lani- I too wish Iris could find a much better partner. ::)   I bet it is hard for Mike to get any real rest when he is on those business trips.  Hope he will be home in just a couple of days or so (?).    Thank you for Sloth report/status!  I will need to come back to it, as we are expecting company here in just a little while!

Tsk- I watched the weather reports on the 'Today' show this morning and it was shocking to see the damage from Tornadoes.  A lot of places having scary weather. :o    Glad that Tim is on the calendar for getting that much needed shot for his Sciatica.  It is terrible to be in such discomfort.

LisaG- Beautiful pic of E23 for Karen!! :)

BL- Thank you for checking on the weather.

OG- Thank you too for the weather status you posted yesterday.

Phyl- Terrible to have issues with your phone.  I hope you are somehow able to get over to your phone carrier and get help immediately!  You have to have your phone working correctly.    Wishing Jim all the best at his appt this afternoon.   Pretty night picture!     Just read your reply to Lori and am so glad your phone booted up nicely and is fine now!      Thank you for all the Cam updates & status!    The Big Bear Valley nest was one I had been watching and I was so sad for Shadow & Jackie and how they would not give up brooding their eggs even though it was clearly evident that the eggs would not be hatching. :'(

Lori- Good phone advice for Phyl! :)

Hi Clynn!  That is pretty good news about your Mom and that it won't be necessary to have surgery!  That's a relief for all of you!  Have a great time with the girls at your late lunch/early dinner date!! :) :)    Enjoy your trip to the Greenhouse tomorrow - that will be fun. ;D

Puff- Nice warm hug you posted for Lori! :)

Our company just got here!!!  Got to go now!! ;D   It's hubby's brother and his wife (they are retired too)!!  They will be spending the night!!!

Beakers have a great day!

karengramke

« Reply #3632 on: April 17, 2024, 02:37:06 PM »

Baz, To Market to Market to buy s fat pig, home again, home. Again, jiggity Jig!   To market  to buy a fat hog!  Home again
N, home again, jiggly  jog!  And on and on!   Lolol!  Originally a rural ditty.  In a nursery book we had in Chicago!  Sang it in kindergarten!

Eagles, doctor. Visit went well!   They ill cll ith. Dte!   Hve fun  with  your relatives!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3633 on: April 17, 2024, 03:47:58 PM »

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 03:49:31 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3634 on: April 17, 2024, 03:51:39 PM »

some bounce
Pool went ok today. But in speaking to someone about being tired I mentioned it might be an emotional thing due to the monitor situation... and I teared up. I know it is not dire, maybe I'm just worried about the test results. What? Me worry?! Bother...
I successfully changed out the patch and charged the device today. My skin isn't irritated... so far. Yay.
(KB)
E4E... you are such a good hosts.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3635 on: April 17, 2024, 04:22:03 PM »

CLYNN   Thanks for the check in...Mom not needing surgery now - Hoorah!   Don't forget the trip to Home Goods  LOLOL

LANI    Awwww.  Let's hope they can save that little Pixie  :(   I see a couple of 3 fingered sloths now.  Seem in pretty good health.
Funny little Fiesta  ;D      LOLOL  Parrot has a pretty good grasp of the song!!   Those kissing parrots  How cute.  ;D

KB   I've heard of "home again home again jiggity jig " but can't remember the song

EAGLES   Enjoy your day with family.

KAREN   YAY  That's the song  LOL

((((TIG)))))    Monitor is beyond your control as will be the results - but I'm sure all will be well and if not - treatable.  That's why they do monitors  ;) ;) ;) ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*   Nothing wrong with a good cry tho  :-* :-*
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3636 on: April 17, 2024, 04:23:44 PM »

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!..My New Orleans assistant taught me this saying decades ago.

Lisa: is this a thing in the South?.

My vet accommodated me big time...Ollie got his toes done and first flea and tic in him. What a good boy!

Now, my opposite side hip/femur hurt....that's normal when accommodating in gait for pain....

Heading for a nappy poo as didn't sleep well last night.

Puff - agree 100 percent

That is part of a nursery rhyme that was in one of my childhood nursery rhymes books when I was growing up... very familiar with it. Glad all went well with the vet visit.

Thanks!....Brenda was the name of my favorite employee..from NO...either in CA or MN. She just said her Momma used to say it to her all the time...I never heard it before her in CA in the 80's. Been saying it ever since.

She was so incredible an employee. Saw me through so much in my Santa Monica CA practice when I brought Chris as an infant to work with me. Had a special room set up for him and she watched/fed him as well as took care of my patients. Saw me through earthquakes, a bomb threat, and finally an idiot former mentally ill patient from a previous practice who stalked me and showed up at my business.
He jumped over the window to where Brenda sat and Brenda went to Chris while I ran out and called police.
Neighboring business' guys came and attacked him.

One of the many reasons I left California.

Never heard that saying before Brenda...hope you are well Brenda.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3637 on: April 17, 2024, 05:49:59 PM »

kb - Glad that you got things taken care of with Ollie.  Hmmm, I don't think I have ever heard jiggity jig before, but I have heard, "Where ya at, cat" alot down South.

baz - Waving to ya....good walk!

E4E - Enjoy your company!

Lani
- OMG, the kissing parrots, too cute!  Love the singing parrot!

karen - Glad to hear that your doctor visit went well.  Hope you get a day soon. 

((tig)) - Ditto what tsk said!  :-*

Good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3638 on: April 17, 2024, 06:23:31 PM »

KB   Wow  What a story about Brenda!!!  A good day with Ollie  ;D
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #3639 on: April 17, 2024, 07:27:01 PM »

Something to listen to for the evening - this group is from Fairfield Ct. and got started in high school in 2020 - they are now in college and have a very good sound....  This is a 3.5 hour set.
Low Darts Classic Rock LIVE at Captain's Cove!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFowYkp_HYE&t=1582s

This is a studio piece produced by 19 yo Colman in his basement studio - just as good as any professional job.
Rosanna (TOTO) Low Darts COLLEGE Cover!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh2yk_XElLM

Quarantine Kids play "We Can Work It Out"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0bh4Yvmvdo

Maru rolls forward in the slim plastic case   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQD9e_xmhcs
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:29:48 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3640 on: April 17, 2024, 11:58:04 PM »

CLynn- nice to 'see' you this AM; glad your mom is doing fine and her doc visit went well

Tsk- wasn't sure if my pottery piece this AM was Mexican or  no.  Indeed...Life was meant to live in color.

Lani- very in-depth report on the sloths.  Parrots, kissing, so cute.

(((Tig)))- ditto Tsk/Lisa

Eagles- always nice to see family and spend time with them; indeed so sad about Jackie/shadow's egglets here's a  (())

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:27:44 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3641 on: April 18, 2024, 12:00:14 AM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.     🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3642 on: April 18, 2024, 12:19:33 AM »

Kb, glad all worked out with Ollie today.  ;D... I remember that nursery rhyme saying too.... {{{Brenda}}}

Karen, Thanks for printing the To Market, To Market! I was going to do the same too... now, it's in my head. I'll be humming it...LOL!

Baz, Love the whale!  ;D

Eagles, have a fun visit with your BIL and wife.

{{{Hugs Tig}}} I love what Tsk wrote to you... we all feel that for you too. Take care  :-*

Oldguy, you always find interesting new bands... Maru  ;D

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Tsk's friend Kathleen's family, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3643 on: April 18, 2024, 06:01:07 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 67F cloudy  High  86F  partly sunny,  Low 65F

Did I say pulmonologist?  ::)   I meant nephrologist. Jim's doc agrees w/ the PCP  and Dx is Stage 3 Kidney Disease . However, she's running bloodwork and 'the other test' along with a scan of his kidneys--all to confirm her diagnosis.  Date for kidney scan TBA.  She also said that the heart and kidneys are opposites in that the heart likes 'less' fluid in the body and the kidneys like 'more'. But with heart disease the heart always will out over the kidneys. And, that it's her'job' to find that half-way  (happy medium) for the two organs.  I am extremely concerned for Jim. I watched him and doc chat as he answered questions and all. 

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan