Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 147641 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3675 on: April 19, 2024, 06:33:27 AM »

Osprey Nest - Chesapeake Conservancy
Apr 19, 2024 6:28 AM
Camera Time: Apr 19, 2024 7:27 AM EDT
Birchwoman

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3676 on: April 19, 2024, 06:33:45 AM »

The harrowing 5,000-mile flight of North America's wild whooping cranes

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/whooping-cranes-migration-flight-endangered

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3677 on: April 19, 2024, 07:22:32 AM »

Reaching 57 today - Ave. is 60    sunny

KAREN    Joe had not been ignoring symptoms per se.  Doctors did not pursue further as headache was not constant and unrelieved at that time.  Since the surgeon will arrange for chemo already I do believe he must know it is cancerous.  We shall see.  Nothing can make you feel great like a good haircut!!!  Maybe you could request that young man again?

BAZI   Baylor is 40 min from where they live in Texas.  They used to live here but after Joe's son graduated from high school,  Joe and wife moved to Texas where her family is. ( about 5 yrs ago or so)  His son stayed here with his mother.  ( Joe's first wife.)  Very hard for Joe to move as he is/was very close to his son.  His sister Kim ( from here) flew down the night before scheduled surgery and will stay with Joe's wife until Joe comes home in 4 days.  I'm sure they will spend their days with him at the hospital.  Kim is very smart and will be another set of ears to hear all the medical jargon and be a support for Joe.

LANI   Nice experience for Mike to feel so welcome at the waffle house.  Home away from home but never like being home which I'm sure he looks forward to today  ;) ;)   Awww sweet good night photo.

BL  Words from the wise GM  ;D

PHYL    We don't hear much about the kestral program.  Thanks for the update.   Beautiful shot from the Audubon osprey boathouse.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3678 on: April 19, 2024, 08:28:52 AM »

BL - I never heard that saying before, about sleeping with a brown cow.

I only know How now, Brown cow....which actually means: Brown cow is a barrel of beer, so pass me another pint...LOL....maybe GM meant drink enough ale and stay healthy?

BRRR...our high today will still be almost 20 degrees below average high and there are flurries in the area.

I'm determined to empty the gas out of my snowblower which I managed to get down the concrete steps and in back of the house on sidewalk where if I mess up not such a problem...LOL
I've not done it before but have old instructions.

Note to self: Somehow? empty garage enough to fit both lawn mower and snowblower with vehicle inside all year.LOL

Morning all

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781089233958015247

From cats with jobs but how the heck do you get a sweater on a cat?...skillfully I imagine.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3679 on: April 19, 2024, 08:51:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F!!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update. Glad to hear that Mike is on his way back home.  Aww, the LaPlace Waffle House staff knows him! 

kb - Glad to hear the toe is feeling a lil better. 

baz - It is always good to listen to your body.

tsk - Oh my, more mulch spreading.  Continued prayers for Joe!  Woke up thinking he was at Jersey Mikes...LOL  Praying it is not cancerous.

E4E - Glad you have a good time with your company. 

tig - Very nice of ((Camper)) to offer his services. 

karen - Glad you got a good haircut.

Phyl - Thanks for all the pics and links.  I am glad it is Friday, too!  ;D

oldguy

« Reply #3680 on: April 19, 2024, 09:16:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Having a few days of more 'normal' weather for April here this weekend.  Yesterday was more damp than wet with temps in the upper 40s - .4 inches of rain total for the day.  Today is partly cloudy with a high of 57 expected.  Next rain expected late Monday, but temps to stay in the 50s.  Decorah is expecting similar weather but a few degrees cooler.

Some updates from Iceland - volcano is still active, but volume has dropped to 3.2 cu. meters/sec.  When the volume drops below 3 cms the volcano is expected to die.  The videos from Iceland Explorer will contain footage from other events, so when you see people near the eruption, it is not the current eruption.

New Drone Shots from Grindavik Volcano – April 18   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EWdNsdTnc
Double Wall Collapse!    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOEPPKrtrMg

I quit YouTube for a year to make this...   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87KcDqhRBm8

Cat Talks to Human with Weird Meow   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOEnulkIARo

General's Starting to Become a LuLu Copycat! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cNHCpTgZMA

I adopted 'sumo wrestler' cat. Here's what happened.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrZcb3XdzU

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #3681 on: April 19, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »

Good Morning!  79 now going to 89!   Humidity is also 79%.  Ugh!  Humidity gors down as the  day progresses!
Kani, glad Mike has friends at  the Waffle House!  Good. Breakfasts but if I were in La, that is the last place I would eat!   Lol!
There is an osprey nest on the banks of Wolf .Bay, Orange Beach, Al!   Beautiful serene view.  I have fished in wolf bay.    Checked in the other day and. Found Owls  🦉 have stolen this beautiful nest!
Tsk, I hope Joes condition is treatable and without further complications!   Such issues make my miserable back seem very minor!
Have a great day in Albion and a safe trip tomorrow  back home Clynn!  Need an update on the kitties, Harley and their time with Ed and Kelsey!
All looked good at swfl this am and Mrs T was feeding both little T’s. When I looked!
Tgif

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3682 on: April 19, 2024, 10:37:24 AM »

Lani you will not get sick my GM always said if you sleep with a brown cow .

8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #3683 on: April 19, 2024, 10:49:39 AM »

Lani, your goodnight photo was or is. Precious!
Lisa. Morning picture is. Ery ptetty.  Makes me want to sit fora spell!

kbshcb

« Reply #3684 on: April 19, 2024, 10:50:39 AM »

RIP Dickey Betts!....a co-founder of the Allman Brothers, he was 80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Q40nZRRco

oldguy

« Reply #3685 on: April 19, 2024, 11:08:28 AM »

An update on the storms from Tuesday...
8 Tornados confirmed in Iowa.  The largest was in Lee and Henry Counties - 600 yards wide - EF2 rated and was on the ground for 56 minutes over a 42 mile path - fortunately, most of it was rural and sparcely occupied land - mostly tree damage with 1 farm house having the roof removed.  Some power lines blown over and an RV blown off the road.  This was about 60 mile south of me.
Here is video coverage by a storm chaser....
HUGE Tornado Strikes Iowa!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIUs2eI0CE
Another tornado was to the north of Lori in Buchanan Co. (15 miles to her north) EF1 and was only on the ground for 5 minutes - no reported structural damage.
The others were in NW Iowa and were small with short duration.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3686 on: April 19, 2024, 11:25:41 AM »

KB   Wonder how much that cat gets paid in treats  LOL

LISA  Comforting AM pic  :D

OLDGUY   That was so cool teaching Michael to play the piano for food  :D   Wow  what a challenge to get Axel's weight down.  Good Mom that adopted him.  Sure could have been worse with those severe tornados  :o  Those storm chasers - God bless them - sure get some amazing footage
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3687 on: April 19, 2024, 11:40:04 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
MorningKb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, When Mike's in LA he eats pancakes every morning! He's a simple man with simple tastes buds. LOL! Thanks for update on SWFL and Mrs. T., it's especially good to know both of Mrs T's eaglets are being fed, especially the little guy. So far so good.  ;D

Lisa Mike always feels welcomed at LaPlace restaurants. There's a small family pub/cafe he goes to for dinner. It's like a Cheer's pub, he walks in and everyone says Hi! Great to see him! He always orders their Chicken Picata. He won't let me make it for him... He has friends in that cafe that have invited him to their homes for dinner if he's there for the weekend. Taken him to an LSU football game/tailgate, and even taken him gator hunting in the bayou. Louisianians are very friendly as is Mike. Mike's not a chatter, or one who seeks attention, but he enjoys people, he's a good listener. Great people in Louisiana very generous in spirit and culture.

Oldguy, thanks for Iceland update. The volcano vent is huge now, and to be able to see the community just a few miles away is a scary situation... Love Axel's story. Thanks for weather update. I'll check out video now.

Kb Cats with job  ;D

Tsk praying it's not cancerous.  :-*

Phyl, good news from RRP about new Kestrel cam! ... nice nature vid.... beautiful sunrise at Fly away! Thanks for around the world cam pics. Love the osprey! ;D

BL, great Americana music, it's been a long time since I've heard Bonnie Riatt.  :)

If the weekend traffic isn't bad, Mike should be home before 3pm.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 11:41:56 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3688 on: April 19, 2024, 12:50:45 PM »

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.  Thanks for the update on the Iowa tornadoes.  I was watching Ryan Hall and there was a huge one, I think it was the one in Henry County.

karen - I am happy to hear that Mrs T was feeding both lil ones.

tsk & karen - Thanks for kind words on morning pic.

Lani - Love that morning pic.  Lots of good places to eat in Louisiana! 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3689 on: April 19, 2024, 02:40:25 PM »

I'm thinking that if that picture Lani posted (quoted here, above) doesn't make you smile, you might want to look into if you need some anti-depressants. Oh wait! Come to think of it, this picture is an anti-depressant!!   :) :) :-*

Best thing I've seen all day!  :) :-* Thanks, ((Lani))!!  :-*

HAPPY FRIDAY, BEAKERS!!  :)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:46:16 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center