Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 153519 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4140 on: May 04, 2024, 11:59:38 PM »

It's amazing how much they know. Even Rosie, who visits once or twice a year, knows all my routines.  :D

Thanx OldGuy

Ollie is now studying me while I watch and rock to the video of "Still my guitar gently weeps" with Prince on my tv..still gives me goose bumps when Prince jumps in. Windows closed so I'm blasting it with my subwoofer. Not sure he knows what to think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRCooFKk3c

Kb, Prince was my late brother's favorite musician. He would have loved this.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4141 on: May 05, 2024, 12:42:04 AM »

SED Lisa, Karen, Eagles  :-*

Tsk, your leftovers must have been delicious! LOL! Good for you and Tim. Got the veggies planted, YAY!

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} Very happy for you that Jim's home and settled. And now he can rest and heal...  Oh my, yummy dinner!!! Wishing you a good night's sleep! God Bless.

{{{Puff}}} Don't let the machine win!! My new motto too!  ;D :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4142 on: May 05, 2024, 05:42:28 AM »

Good Morning Everyone. Blessed  Sunday.

Currently: 63F partly cloudy , High 82F  partly sunny,  Low 63F

Thank you everyone...esp Tsk, Karen, Lani, Eagles and Lisa
Jim has note from his hospt. Doc to take to work
when he reports tomorrow.  Work duties as tolerated.

This time of year Jim sets the peanuts out  in feeder  off deck during the week. And weekends  it’s my turn. So, I’m up early  to set out peanuts for the squirrels ---if I leave them out all night the raccoons  will eat them and when those are gone they;ll hunt them as in dig up all the potted plants  search ing for the remainder.   

LANI- kittens in double feeder bowl, Awwwww

TKS- my gardening ‘thumb’ isn’t that ‘green’ so hats off and congrats to you/Tim---anyone who’s works their own veggie plot.

{{{PUFF}}}

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4143 on: May 05, 2024, 05:45:18 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4145 on: May 05, 2024, 06:34:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, glad to hear that Jim is home, hope both of you are getting some rest! Work tomorrow? Hoping he is just supervising!  ;DThe 365 is cuckoo!  Love it!  I am sure the squirrels appreciate you putting peanuts out for them. The Blue Jays here love peanuts too they take them one at a time up to the bush to shell and eat They remind me of thieves!

Lani, love the kittens sleeping in their food dish! I got the weighted bowl for the cat's water, Sophie still plays in the water but hasn't been able to tip it over so far!

tsk, kudos to Tim for getting his garden planted! I think I will plant vincas around the mailbox this year. I used to plant marigolds, which I always thought critters didn't like but as soon as one bud flowers it gets eaten!

oldguy, great video on the Dali. Wow, what a huge mess! Hope you did good at cards last night!

Puff, I would be in the insane asylum over electronic issues if I didn't have Erin!

Lisa, I have a fruit basket with a banana hook attached! Works great!

kb, great music and Ollie likes it too!

Hoodoos in the Bisti Badlands, Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness, New Mexico.

The Oscar Mayer mansion in Evanston, Illinois was abandoned for over 10 years before being purchased in 2016. The 7,400-square-foot, chateauesque-style mansion was built in 1901 and was home to Oscar Mayer Sr. from 1927 to 1965. After sitting for years in need of care, the beautiful Oscar Mayer Mansion in Evanston, Illinois had new life breathed into it!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4146 on: May 05, 2024, 06:38:20 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING

PUFF  I so admire your tenacity!!!   

LANI   Sweet good night photo.  Perfect fit.  ;D

PHYL   Crafted owls.  Someone had fun. :)  WOW  Back to work so soon - as tolerated tho.   The cuckoos  365 calling reminded me yesterday of cardinals doing that  - one in our backyard and one a few houses down responding  ;)  Indian legends make for good stories.  ;D

CLYNN  Good news on the water dish  ;) ;)   The list says that rabbits will not eat marigolds.  Mine get eaten as well if in the ground but not in pots.   Was not familiar with the Oscar Mayer mansion - WOW  Wonder how long that took?  When does the deck roof man come?
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4147 on: May 05, 2024, 07:30:20 AM »

bounce

Clynn - wow, on the mansion

Buenos Dias and happy Cinco de Mayo!
I think Baseball, Burrito Bowl and a frozen margarita are on the menu today! Followed by mowing the grass.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #4148 on: May 05, 2024, 07:41:30 AM »

One more follow up story re the machine. . .Ton's daughter & son-in-law own E2Services, Inc.  They are providers to several clients.  Whenever Ton could see my distress he would always say call Sheryl/Scott.  But, I did have determination and an inkling of what might work.  I also felt quilty that they'd use their time when someone on contract was paying $$$$$$.  I had an OK to pay them off with some homemade mushroom soup (Scott's fav).  It was fascinating and instructive to watch as they'd buddy up and let me watch, or try to watch as they zip zip zip and fix in a minute.

They did finally give me my tech's contact info, someone close by to help me.  Also, if there was something the new guy needed (Tom) they'd tell him what to do and help.  If they trusted him, I trust him.  Ton's son is also in the tech field and a consultant/representative for several corps, some international.  Also "Anthony", he just took over Ton's computer and would spot problems and even fix them before Ton knew there was a problem.  Poor Ton - talking about being in a different time zone - he'd come to me when he needed to even just to send an email.  I'd wait until I hit the wall - more often then I'd want to admit to.

It's a whole new world out there, and getting more and more involved.  When I really get into a "spot", and I do and just did when I ruined my comp last month, I just open up the Forum and watch and listen to the birds. . .RELAX!

P       

LisaG1967

« Reply #4149 on: May 05, 2024, 08:19:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - I have to laugh at Tim eating the leftovers for lunch.  It reminded me of something my ex-SIL would do, cause of my BIL.  She would put a note on the container.... DO NOT EAT! 

Phyl - Glad to hear that Jim is home and resting.  I hope he does take it easy at work, and around the house.  Your pizza sounded delish. 

Puff - I like your determination to not let the machine win!

Lani - Aww, sweet pic of the kitties curled up in the food bowls.

clynn - Wow, the Oscar Mayer house is gorgeous after the much needed weeding. Yes, that is similar to the fruit basket that I have!

tig, karen, kb and all - Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #4150 on: May 05, 2024, 10:56:09 AM »

Looky here - Since we recently had a discussion of  drying green onions, which then brought up other topic of our grown spices, and since mention was also made of The Spruce - I'll bet I'm not the only one who will want to read this. . .

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-dry-and-store-herbs-1403397?hid=d08bc9f9f4a6db349db44efbd75b60c3d1cda6a3&did=12654391-20240505&utm_source=thespruce&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the-spruce-gardens_newsletter&utm_content=050524&lctg=d08bc9f9f4a6db349db44efbd75b60c3d1cda6a3&lr_input=61e42170df746eca067ff1c2e30390ad1cdf5a2bf611c46904bbd9895bab8402

P

karengramke

« Reply #4151 on: May 05, 2024, 11:25:37 AM »

Good Morning!  Humid. Again! had strong thunderstorm warnings last night but only a little rain!  As the system passed over it kind of dissipated!
Glad to read that Jim is settled in!   Hopefully he. Willpace himself at  wirk!

Thanks for the OM mansion house pictures, Clynn!  I have seen that house!  Worked in Evanston for a year  and loved all the old mansions thee and elsewhere on the North Shore!   Fun to live in such a house but the. Cost of maintenance, heating and cooling would be outrageous!   Think one would also truly need an upstairs, downstairs maid!
Lilies of the valleys in France are a major French tradition dating back to King George 1X.  Had them in Chicago but I have never seen them in the south!  Nice ground cover!
 O sightings of E23 today, or the parents!   M brought a squirrel to the nest and when little E did not show to eat, he and the misses flew off with it for a snack!  Wish him a safe and happy life! HoPe he stays safe in Florida storms and that he perfects his fishing skills !

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4152 on: May 05, 2024, 11:40:54 AM »

PUFF     Good to know you have tech helpers IF you need them  ;) ;)   Excellent article on drying herbs.  I love a visual  ;D

LISA   I have to do the same  " Do not eat" if it is for a gathering and I make it ahead..LOL

KAREN       Cost to maintain a mansion like that is so true.  Then add on the property taxes!!!  $25,000 and up!!!  Mostly UP  :o
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4153 on: May 05, 2024, 11:50:57 AM »

Baz, what a beautiful marina.... Oh I wish there was a video of your adventure with Mother Goose and babies... I bet it seemed longer than 30 minutes! What a great deed for the day!  :-*

Lani and TSK, I'm not sure if it was clear about that marina... The picture of that marina I posted is not anywhere near me - it's the marina that BL posted he was using up around Hatteras on the Outer Banks of NC, when he caught that great big mahi-mahi!!    :D  It is a gorgeous place, but I'm not anywhere near there. I just used BL's posted link to the marina he was using this past week, and it was a live cam of that marina, so I took a screen shot, with the joke caption to "Find BrokenLug."   ;D

Well, I'm posting as I read - have several days of posts to catch up on... but I see Iris layed an egg last Thursday!!!  :-* :-* :-*  Thanks, Lani, for posting about that! Love the pic you posted of the Happy Couple!  ;) :D :-* :-*  I'm not going to count any calendar days - and I'm not sending them to the Maury Povich Show to do paternity testing and announcing who the daddy is!!   ;D ;D ;D  So I'm going to read on now, and maybe learn if Iris has laid any more eggs since then.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #4154 on: May 05, 2024, 11:53:23 AM »

Cinco de Mayo Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, Love the crafted owls, cuckoo... {{{Jim}}} .... Pinion Jays would love peanuts... love the Indian legend stories  ;D . You and Jim enjoy a quiet Sunday.

Clynn, a good water dish... beautiful mansion. I looked it up, it has a stunning staircase from 2nd floor. I would love that, beautiful first floor.

Tig, it's a good day to Enjoy!  8)

{{{Puff}}} :-* .. Yesterday, Aly told me to save Mac Sonoma update when she comes home to visit in July. She said, she'd do her laptop update at the same time. She has a "honey do" list. We'll carry the wrought iron furniture off the patio and set it up under the trees to repaint, she'll replace ceiling vent filters, help me with the garage door openers. Mike must press too hard on the buttons and I have to replace them. I'm excited for her visit, we'll have a good time.  ;D ... thanks for Dry Herbs link. I love the smell!  ;D

It's a beautiful Sunday morning in Albie land!  :-*

Royal Albatross ~ LGL Is Back To Give TF A Nice Feeding! Beautiful Wingers By TFT 💕 5.3.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCaVL4SXD_g

May 3, 2024
LGL returns home to give a feeding for TF.  She gives some good mouthfuls to our ever hungry Royalcam chick! Enjoy some beautiful coverage of TFT standing up and stretching his wings! TF will also do a wing stretch at the end of the video too! Thank you for watching! Lady Hawk

Courtesy of Dept of Conservation Royal Cam, Royal Albatross Taiaroa Head, New Zealand

Chick TF's wings are darkening!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 11:56:02 AM by Lani »