Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 156418 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4215 on: May 07, 2024, 04:50:18 PM »

KB   So the teenage dtr got out in time...Gas is pretty easy to smell - then you get out or turn off the gas...Hmmm

KAREN   Our neighborhood was spared the awful storms that hit more SW burbs this afternoon.  Puff might report more activity.

BAZI   You are the perfect patient!!!  You follow directions and make excellent progress!!!  Much of the daily activities are exercise.

The teenage daughter apparently left for school before it happened. Neighbor of mine said "teenagers may not understand what the smell is"..
Am happy to hear what appliance was the issue though.

Still very fishy stuff...Dennis told me today the "Recovery company" told him the owners bought insurance 2 hours before the explosion.....hmmm, Before they even open for business? It was on the news they didn't have any.
I'm concerned for Dennis and Vi, but I sense they just want to move on and have so many friends/family questioning what they are hearing etc. that they are now overwhelmed.

Puff

« Reply #4216 on: May 07, 2024, 06:14:55 PM »

Tsk, Puff andnotherd, Tornado watch for you until☹️5:30!  Hope it expires with no damage to anyone!

Left our area and warning moved east to Indiana/Michigan

Beautiful sky with white fluffy clouds on blue right now.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #4217 on: May 07, 2024, 06:22:05 PM »

Karen - Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad. 

Lani - Safe travels for Mike, and thanks for the Royal update.  I had wondered where E4E was, too.  Hope all is ok. 

Tsk - I am not sure if it is Norwegian.  Does it look like it?  Be safe with that weather.  I was watching Decorah a bit ago, and it was hailing. 

Kb - Something does sound a lil fishy with that explosion. 

Baz - You are doing great with your hand.

Tig - Dental gas 😂 

Have a good night, everyone 😊

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4218 on: May 07, 2024, 06:34:10 PM »

KB     They may never know the whole story about that explosion/owners...And you know how stories change as they are passed on person to person. :o
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4219 on: May 07, 2024, 06:43:30 PM »

Some bounce

6th worker recovered https://youtu.be/VPV2cu4H64Q?si=wtxKmigRbV0qHCp-
 :-\
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4220 on: May 07, 2024, 07:19:23 PM »

TSK- cute butterfly this AM; batten down the hatches with that tornado about. You as well PUFF. Oh !     just read that yours and Puff's area were spared the storms.  :)

CLYNN-very rustic/creative embellishment on door lock, I like that one, too.  So happy to hear your BD dinner was fun and yummy.  Jim has WeatherTech in his
Ford Fusion, he didn't even notice that when he bought the car until he took me for a spin and I announced " Cool. You have Weather Tech liners! The previous
owners must have added those"
So, guessing that  you have your plants and are ready to pot them?   We had forecast for light rain 10am to Noon then again at 2pm.  So I get out on deck and pot , plant, pot, pot, pot to beat the drops. Which I did, BTW. Come in and change have breakfast and tea. And, wait---not a drop one all day. Zip!
Many thanks for DNN update---those kids look great!

LISA- pretty daisies; I'm w/you on CLynn's cake.

{{{KAREN}}}  will be thinking of  you tomorrow when you get your 'shot'. Hope it all works out well for you.  Pets to Piper.

LANI- Thank you for the Royal's report. I think that's so  sweet with the chicks moseying about visiting one another's nest.  Sounds kinda neighborly in small town way. Awww Miss North Top flat chick . Safe travels for Mike

BAZ-thanks for the OT/PT update   ;)

TIG-thanks for  update on FSK bridge. Sadly---but now all the {{{families}}} have closure. 
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4221 on: May 07, 2024, 07:25:29 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #4222 on: May 07, 2024, 09:08:24 PM »

Think e4e said they were going some place
Hope that is the case.
Busy day!  Seds

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4223 on: May 08, 2024, 12:59:49 AM »

Kb, I read your update post on the explosion glad the daughter was spared. I can understand the talk can be upsetting for Dennis and Vi and want to move on from this event. Stories change from day to day - person to person.

Tsk, glad the terrible storms missed your area.

Tig, Dental gas  ;D ... glad all is well... God Bless Jose Lopez family and friends.  :'(

Baz, glad your hand is getting stronger each day. As Tsk says, you're the perfect patient.

Puff, glad your area was spared from the worse of the storms.

SED Lisa  :)

{{{SED Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} sleep well.... Time Turner  ;D

{{{Karen}}} sleep well after your busy day.

Eagles, Missing you!  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #4224 on: May 08, 2024, 05:19:10 AM »

Mornin' Lani Wow, feel sorry for Michigan.  Morning weather people say it's very unusual for such a strong tornedo/wind problem in the state.  I do a lot of Amazon/FedEx like most of us - wonder how they straighten out the mess at that Amazon center.

I'll check the rain total here in Darien later; we had a couple heavy downfalls.  I think tsk got it worse by her.  It's hard to talk about our area/areas.  We have to include one bit greater municipal area.  Tsk and I are about 20 miles apart (?) and end up with different ends of the scale. 

P

Puff

« Reply #4225 on: May 08, 2024, 05:35:15 AM »

I see I was wrong - - - again.  This was around me last night.  After being out in the yard most of yesterday I guess I died when I hit the sheets.  Hope it's not too damp to do some more work.  They're not predicting anything bad (so far) today.  The 55 mph might have thrown things around a bit.  Glad we didn't put the patio umbrella in/up.

Special Weather Statement issued May 7 at 8:27PM CDT by NWS Chicago IL
Description

At 826 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along a line extending from near West Chicago to near Plainfield to near Morris. Movement was east at 45 mph. HAZARD...Wind gusts up to 55 mph. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around unsecured objects. Locations impacted include... Aurora, Joliet, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Lombard, Bartlett, Carol Stream, Romeoville, Plainfield, Hanover Park, Addison, Glendale Heights, Elk Grove Village, St. Charles, Woodridge, Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, Lockport, New Lenox, Homer Glen, Mokena, and Franklin Park.

I was right in the center of Naperville, Bolingbrook, Downers, Romeoville, Woodridge.  Never heard anything about it last night. :-\

P

Phyl

« Reply #4226 on: May 08, 2024, 06:22:05 AM »

Good Morning Y’all. 

Currently: 38F clear with a   High  74F sunny,  Low 38F

HI EAGLES- you're missed

PUFF-last night for you sounds terrible. Glad you're alright

LANI- Sylvester and Porky  ;D  ; Thanks for the hugs and  daily prayers. 

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee
https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:45:27 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:26:21 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4229 on: May 08, 2024, 06:25:25 AM »

Non-premium article

A short history of tennis skirts
Controversy over shifting hemlines proves that women in sports have long been scrutinized for what they wear.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/tennis-skirt-sports-fashion

#IstandwithEvan