Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 483676 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9975 on: October 09, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »

Tsk I think, with that many of the  large fruits stacked... the guy with the pumpkins  shot is photoshopped or AI created.  Gonna have to be careful with AI out and about. Move over 'Photoshop'.   
 Your AM gif got me thanking more intensely about Halloween.   :) 
Oh! thank you for your comment about Karen taking her garbage out herself. I missed that!

Karen me too on the trash cans. It's too much for you! Neighbors are still helpful as Tsk mentioned.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #9976 on: October 09, 2023, 01:15:19 PM »

Lani - gotcha...it's so different here. I probably have packages from amazon delivered on my front porch 3-4 times a week..I can track how many stops away it is. I get a picture and a notification when delivered so I'm usually up and grab it immediately.
Last night it was after dark and wrong house...picture was of yellow house.

I'm diligent as there are many porch pirates in my city, those who actually follow amazon trucks and grab packages immediately.

I fell asleep before they came last night, at around midnight woke up, saw it was delivered but not at my front door so I investigated and Bravely walked out to my neighbor's house and grabbed my own package.
I don't speak to him. Also a bad alcoholic and too long a story, so I risked venturing out in the dark to get it.
Worked out.

Yes,Phyl - I wasn't happy to have my home filled with CO, not enough to trigger my detectors but I did have a headache....I never get headaches.
I will talk with her about it next time I see her.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9977 on: October 09, 2023, 01:21:36 PM »

I just voted .
Results thus far:

32 Chunk  32,419      Vs.       # 901  14,910

128 Grazer 38,050      Vs.     Holly  8,463

Folks! Don't forget finals are tomorrow, 10-10-23
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #9978 on: October 09, 2023, 01:25:47 PM »

Meant to mention Clynns post of the welcoming committee at swfl!   Wonderful! Also Kbs  next door van.  The. I think you said it did not run so I would assume they had the battery charged and were told to run the car for x period of time to assure of a full charge! Too bad the oder got in your house but I do not think it was sinister.

oldguy

« Reply #9979 on: October 09, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »

KB - it is illegal to leave a running car on the street unattended in Minnesota - anti theft law...

Looked up Flarp - it is a form of silly putty.  Also ran across this info

Can you use Flarp to clean car?
YES, laugh all you want ........ but FLARP works well as a Cleaning Gel for your vehicle .....for Cleaning your center console/cup holder ....for cleaning Car Vents, PC, Laptops, Cameras, keyboards and more..
Caution - use only on non-porous surfaces - it will stain fabric.

Lani - was Mike's printer inkjet or laser?  Since your printer is color injet, he could get a laser B/W and have cheaper cost/page.  I have had great results with the Brother Multi function printers.  Amazon Prime sale starts tomorrow and have a Brother MFP on sale at 189.98 ( HLL2390DW) It is the current model of my 7 year old printer with more features
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:41:39 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #9980 on: October 09, 2023, 01:47:34 PM »

KB - it is illegal to leave a running car on the street unattended in Minnesota - anti theft law...

Looked up Flarp - it is a form of silly putty.  Also ran across this info

Can you use Flarp to clean car?
YES, laugh all you want ........ but FLARP works well as a Cleaning Gel for your vehicle .....for Cleaning your center console/cup holder ....for cleaning Car Vents, PC, Laptops, Cameras, keyboards and more..
Caution - use only on non-porous surfaces - it will stain fabric.

Lani - was Mike's printer inkjet or laser?  Since your printer is color injet, he could get a laser B/W and have cheaper cost/page.  I have had great results with the Brother Multi function printers.  Amazon Prime sale starts tomorrow and have a Brother MFP on sale at 189.98 ( HLL2390DW) It is the current model of my 7 year old printer with more features

You are correct, Oldguy....I will speak with her next time I see her....thanks

kbshcb

« Reply #9981 on: October 09, 2023, 01:50:10 PM »

Meant to mention Clynns post of the welcoming committee at swfl!   Wonderful! Also Kbs  next door van.  The. I think you said it did not run so I would assume they had the battery charged and were told to run the car for x period of time to assure of a full charge! Too bad the oder got in your house but I do not think it was sinister.

Nobody, including me, said it was sinister....but, it was unhealthy, and potentially dangerous.

oldguy

« Reply #9982 on: October 09, 2023, 02:17:58 PM »

Here is an interesting video about the research in lenses for cataract Surgery ...
These 4 New Lenses Will Change Cataract Surgery FOREVER   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEO5vUUYM2I
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9983 on: October 09, 2023, 02:35:59 PM »

Some bounce
Thanx, Beakers, for the info on heart-related concerns. The research I did this morning suggests most (not all) concern is centered on young males and that all vaccines (including flu,) can have a brief affect on our hearts. The benefits outweigh the small risk for most. Talons crossed.

https://americanindian.si.edu/nk360/informational/columbus-day-myths
Praying for Peace for all
HAGD

Tig, I read the same info on the CDC vaccine info website, related to more recent studies and findings about that. It also said that the heart-related issues, that you described, happen at a higher rate in the overall population than in the vaccinated. Of course, people with certain heart-related issues should always discuss with their own doctors first. Some people have health conditions that may exclude them from being a candidate for the vaccine. This, of course, is true with every vaccine and medicine.  You and I have our covid shot appointments on the same day.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #9984 on: October 09, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »

tsk - yes, and with my furnace cold air intake right above my bed....my arborvitae surely don't appreciate it either. When I opened the door it was so thick Chris smelled it across the room.

I suppose they drank too much and forgot...?...I don't know how big a van gas tank is, nor how long it would take to empty it. But thankfully, someone turned it off around midnight.

clynn - I rewound my surveillance cam video and saw the amazon truck parked in front of my neighbor's house and watched the person deliver my package to his front step...then confirmed with a track my package photo from earlier.
I planned on waking up my neighbor with a phone call when it was shut off pretty quickly thereafter.

KB, hope you have a carbon monoxide alarm, or two, to alert you if there is a build-up of that carbon monoxide in your home since it is odorless and invisible - need them on all floors, and definitely in or near your bedrooms - wherever those alarm systems advise to locate them. Maybe you already have them, but based on your exprience last night, and also your heating and water heating system type, it would be important to have them. There's no way to know if a carbon monoxide build-up is happening otherwise. People, and animals, just get drowsy, go to sleep, and don't wake up.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #9985 on: October 09, 2023, 03:01:01 PM »

Lani - sorry for the confusion. But, I guess I assumed people wouldn't think I'd steal somebody else's package...in fact, i was worried my package would be stolen from his porch..

LOL KB, no problem. I thought I missed the part where you were helping a neighbor or it was your package. So I went back through your posts. Amazon doesn't deliver our packages to our door, the USP mail delivers to our door or community box. Twice this year my package went to the wrong mailbox. I had to wait a weeks to receive my item. Because sometimes the mail woman puts it in a mailbox where the homeowner is a part time residence. Never to be checked again until homeowner returns. Tracking the ID is the only way I know package was delivered. But they just say packaged delivered and left in mailbox. They assume it's your mailbox, but it's not. And there are 40 mailboxes at one Community mailbox.  :(

Lani, our Amazon pkgs are delivered exactly the same way yours are... and the same mis-delivery to the wrong mailbox at our mailbox kiosk happens, too - we have over 150 of them! When that happens, and people know it was delivered to a mailbox by the USPS, but not to their correct mailbox, they can call the post office branch for our zip code and tell them what happened, and ask the USPS to come and check the mailboxes to find the missing item and re-deliver it to the correct box. I have seen the post office employee searching through our mailboxes, looking for thos mis-delivered items before. You don't have to wait for the person who owns the mailbox with your item in it to discover it. Like you said, who-knows-how-long it might be for that! We also have many part-time residents in my townhouse community, and many fulltime residents say they get no regular mail, and only check their boxes once a week.

LisaG1967

« Reply #9986 on: October 09, 2023, 03:01:20 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Jeff is off today, so we went to do a lil shopping first, and then out to lunch. 

BrokenLug - Thanks for taking us on your travels.  Cool map. 

E4E, baz, Lani and tsk - Thanks, Jeff is back to his ole self.  :)

Phyl - I will have to look that DIY up with the dryer vent.  I love sauteed mushrooms, too.  Thanks for the 365 amd Flyway pic.

kb - Beautiful goshawk!  Geesh, on your package and the fumes. 

clynn - Pretty pumpkin this morning.  Awww, there is the munchkins...great pics!  Tatra Mountains, Poland, beautiful pic.  Love that "serious meeting" pic from SWFL  ;D  So, is V3 the one for Gabby?  Lord, I hope so!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos, that LeeAnn Rimes can sing!  Birthday celebration dinner sounded like fun, but sorry about your cards!

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update.

karen - Ask someone else to help with that garbage can.

kbshcb

« Reply #9987 on: October 09, 2023, 03:03:11 PM »

Thanks Baz.
Yes, that is the first thing I checked....all bedrooms is code for our city....along with fire/smoke detectors

What some people in the south may not realize?...is that our furnaces draw cold air (intake) from the outside to function..
When there is exhaust directly outside your home, it will intake that as well.

Luckily, I woke up..and then just coincidentally saw they turned off the van after running 5 hours with very little wind outside last night..
Otherwise, i would have woken her up to ask her to turn the van off.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9988 on: October 09, 2023, 03:25:21 PM »

some bounce
Had a good workout in the yard, pruning 1 honeysuckle, 3 alium, 1 large globe thistle, 300 day lillies, etc. Camper got the shower chair from the garden for me... I moved along, up n down, to save my knees. I also got smart and used the back door where there are railings at the steps to access the front porch to reach the top of the honeysuckle, instead of trying to climb the front steps where there is no railing.
Camper's son also came to rake the pine needles for us.... 6 large bags full.
Time to rest... then bake some Tig-caught fish. Yum.
Go Twins!
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #9989 on: October 09, 2023, 03:30:00 PM »

kb, I saw your later post after I posted to you before - that you have CO detectors - that's great!  ;)  As you know, just becaue it's code doesn't always mean it's a reality. LOL. Just as an aside,  ???  there's nothing about being from the South that makes people not aware of that kind of heating system. My knowing about those kind of heating systems is one of the reasons I even posted about that to you.  ;)

Clynn, LOL, I loved the pics of Talon and Miss Sassy, er, I mean, cute Bella!  ;) :D :-* :-* Loved the meeting of the Starlings at SWFL!

Lani, thanks for the Bear News! All the regulars there - Tasha and Lucky and All are looking healthily round!  ;D Maybe they need to have their own "Fat Bear" fundraiser!   :D :-* :-*  You're the Fedex Girl! LOL!

Karen, sheese, you did a lot! Glad you didn't have any issues. Don't you dare tackle that trash can situation! As God has been quoted (on many refrigerator magnets  ;) ;D ), "Don't make me come down there."  8)  Hope they get you another HHA for the days your regular one can't be there! Hugs!

Lisa, you and Jeff have a fun day out and about!  :)

TSK, pkgs that the USPS delivers to our mailboxes that won't fit in them, are locked in one of the key-lock larger package boxes, and the key to that box is placed in the individual's regular mailbox. Anything that doesn't fit in those boxes, or if those boxes are all in use, is delivered to the door of the home. I'm heading out for my walk now - I'm late!  :)

Oldguy, sorry about the no-good cards. Happy Belated Birthday to your stepsons!  :)

HAPPY MONDAY, ALL!  :)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 03:33:02 PM by baziunc »